May 2019 Legendary Banner Expectations

Johann

NEXT MONTH'S THREAD:

Please use the most recent thread if you intend to make posts about future banners. Feel free to use this thread for analysis of trends, etc.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is going to be a big banner for a lot of people, since it'll be the first chance to get an Astra hero. I myself will have saved up like 900 orbs or so, having largely passed on other banners since the February cavalry Roy banner.

LEGENDARIES/MYTHICS: The following are confirmed based on the notifications:

• Legendary Eirika
  • Hrid
  • Legendary Tiki
  • Legendary Lyn
  • Duma
  • New Mythic Hero (Unknown color, Astra type)

Since this month should be 6 heroes and they didn't increase it for April, I suspect we'll see 12 heroes total again.

SEASONALS: Moving on to the NY heroes, we're a bit backed up with reds. There's been very little room thanks to Roy's repeat appearance in April, and with there being both Hrid and Gunnthra as sword users, I think they're going to be making room for reds for a while.

• NY Gunnthra - Good odds, between him and NY Hrid for the red slot. With both to get through, one of them is sure to appear.
  • NY Hrid - Good odds, shared with Gunnthra, though I feel like they won't put him on the same banner as his normal self though.
  • NY Fjorm - Very good odds, next green in line.
  • NY Laevatein - Very good odds, next colorless in line.
  • HS Elise - Extremely low odds, they've gotta get through Hrid and Gunnthra first.
  • HS Ryoma - Low odds, he's the next blue seasonal in line. I think there's not going to be enough space though and they want to save him for his diversity.
  • HS Hinoka - Very low odds, preceded by Fjorm. The only thing I could see shaking that up is if they decided that they didn't want two green archers on the banner.
  • HS Sakura - Very low odds, preceded by Laevatein.

REGULAR 5★ HEROES: Sticking to the assumption that it's staying 12 for at least May, red is backed up pretty bad.

• Adrift Camilla - Very low odds, rounding out the Adrift banner, but there probably won't be room. Lots of red seasonals to get through and unless they bump up the number of units on the banner overall, not really much room to get to her.
  • Owain - Very low odds., see Camilla. If there's any room, I think it'd between him and Camilla.
  • Tibarn - Extremely low odds, Camilla and Owain should be appearing before him. He might take a while to show.
  • Brave Roy - Extremely low odds. No room, and they don't seem to want to put him in these banners.
  • Brave Celica - Extremely low odds. No room, and my impression is that they're going to give her the Roy treatment and never run her again.
  • Kaden - Good odds. Next green in line. Curious that he was skipped over for Sue though.
  • Lugh - Low odds, I think the thing with Sue was a unique occurrence and not a sign that Kaden is being skipped.
  • Brave Ike - Decent odds, I figure they would have run him in April were it not for the Golden Week Hero Fests. Note that him and Brave Ephraim are the only possible axe users for a while, meaning they may have a chance to get some weapon diversity.
  • Brave Ephraim - Decent odds. No other possible green armors lined up until Greil, which might be worth noting if you consider movement type diversity to be something they factor when making these banners.
  • Ylgr - Very good odds, the sole remaining Book II hero. She was very likely skipped in April due to her VG appearance.
  • Selkie - Good odds, she's the next blue in line. We actually don't have any other non-seasonal blues waiting to debut after her since Thea and Mordecai both demoted.
  • Brave Lucina - Low odds, unless there's no blue mythic I'd expect Selkie first, unless they intend to save her to extend the shallow blue pool.
  • Brave Hector - Low odds, see Lucina.
  • Brave Veronica - Decent odds, there's a limited amount of colorless to pick from. I'm also inclined to think we won't see another colorless Mythic since that'd be 3 out of the 4. She's the same unit type as MY Laevatein though, which I think might hurt her chances.
  • Velouria - Good odds Next colorless in line, and the only colorless after her is Caineghis, which is likely far too soon (but then there are no hard rules).

MY PREDICTED LIST: This is my own guess based on everything above.

• Legendary Eirika
  • Legendary Hrid
  • NY Gunnthra
  • Legendary Lyn
  • NY Fjorm
  • Brave Ike
  • Legendary Tiki
  • Ylgr
  • New Mythic Hero - Ashera (blue tome)
  • Duma
  • NY Laevatein
  • Velouria

WHO'S THAT POKEMON NEW HERO? First Astra Mythic hero, no known color, though I suspect it won't be red or colorless since red is packed and colorless has been done to death for Mythics. Blue may be a strong contender since green has many more units to get through. Anyway, their stat boost is almost certainly going to be +Def.

• Mila: Appearing as a counter to Duma, this would make sense, as it would mean they are in direct conflict regularly. I dunno if they wanna add yet another Echoes character so soon though, but of course there's nothing saying they won't. Flexible color since she's a dragon.
  • Ashera: A potential blue (Light) tome user, the Heaven affinity is analogous to Astra, so that much adds up. However, if she does appear as Astra, it wouldn't contrast Yune's Dark type, which I suspect they intend to do thematically.
  • Naga: I'd sooner suspect they'll save her for Light, but Astra would work too, cuz there are no hard rules.
  • Lewyn (Forseti): The more I think about it, this is one I really hope they do at some point. Green tome user, and could pass as Astra. I think they'd add someone who's more openly a god first though, so maybe not now.

FUTURE ANALYSIS: 

• June: Ryoma, Gunnthrá, Yune, Ephraim, Lucina, Robin, New Legendary (unknown color)
  • July: Ike, Marth, Fjorm, Azura, Hector, Eir, Alm, New Mythic (unknown color)
  • June brings us to 7 L/Ms, and July to 8. While I did anticipate a bit too soon the idea of them increasing the total number of heroes in April, I suspect that it may happen this summer.
  • With CYLs 1&2 making a special return for Golden Week, it's no surprise that we didn't have any CYL heroes at all for April. I do suspect they'll return again in May and beyond, though the reduced number of available slots will complicate things.
  • @Othin speculates June's hero will be red (due to there being only one now) and July's being green (due to being fewer than all other colors). I agree with this prediction and it will affect my thinking for those months.
  • Special thanks to @TheTuckingFypo and @Othin for collecting some of the info for me and providing some good insight for this month's thread

Previous threads:

Edited by Johann

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm guessing either Ashera or Mila.

Also, you still really should rename this thread and future mythic banner threads Mythic Banner Expectations so no one gets confused. We're only getting actual legendary banners every other month now.

Edited by Anacybele

8 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

Do we have any idea as to what color the Mythic Hero for May will be? Wanna know before I start making predictions

We don't know for sure, but I'm inclined to say the order of likelihood is Blue > Green > Colorless > Red. Check the WHO'S THAT NEW HERO section for some reasoning behind this, which basically boils down to "seems like there's not a lot of blues lined up"

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I'm guessing either Ashera or Mila.

Also, you still really should rename this thread and future mythic banner threads Mythic Banner Expectations so no one gets confused. We're only getting actual legendary banners every other month now.

Yeah those two seem like the most likely unless they deliberately want to spread them out to other games.

As for the naming thing, the counterpoint is that people are looking at these threads as part of a series, and that changing the naming scheme after so long could also confuse people. Also I'm lazy.

2 minutes ago, Johann said:

Yeah those two seem like the most likely unless they deliberately want to spread them out to other games.

As for the naming thing, the counterpoint is that people are looking at these threads as part of a series, and that changing the naming scheme after so long could also confuse people. Also I'm lazy.

Yeah.

...Uh, I'm not sure how exactly that would confuse people, but okay. Your threads. xP

14 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

Do we have any idea as to what color the Mythic Hero for May will be? Wanna know before I start making predictions

Blue seems like the most likely, followed by green, but there's no way to be sure. It's a color that hasn't gotten a mythic hero yet (the only one other than red, which is packed with legendaries) and it's the color that's been the longest without an elemental hero. Red and green are also speculated to be the next two elemental hero colors, which still leaves blue open. If it's not on any of those three, that'll be at least an 8-month gap, which seems a bit silly, especially at a point in time where they've been managing to finally start balancing out green and colorless.

The only two characters I can think of for Mythics right now are Ashera and Mila. I'm not sure they'd give us Ashera right after Yune, but then I'm also not so sure they'd give us Mila right after Legendary Alm. I don't know what to expect, really.

If we're talking blue, one possible idea for a Mythic Hero I had was Gotoh as a Blue Tome Infantry unit with the Starlight tome. I say Gotoh cuz I'm not sure if they would give Ashera so soon after Yune and Mila so soon after Alm.

Edited by Gregster101

What about..... uhhh....

Spoiler

Naga. She's technically known as a god of light in Geneology, right? Light magic/breath in feh tends to be blue anyways.

Another thing they could have done is design the elemental spirit deities of Elibe (they only were mentioned in the form of items). Of those, Thor and Ninis (Or even Ninian by extension, since Ninis' Grace is her keepsake) could be options.

I agree with Ashera and Mila being too soon. We'll see i guess.

Edited by TheTuckingFypo

I hope they spread things out and pick a different continent to give a Mythic to.

If we are looking at Blue, Naga would be reasonable. Although her Blue when the tome she poured her soul into is Green would be a little inconsistency resulting from this.

Gotoh has the problem of being an old man, and not having a cool dragon form to compensate since he chucked his stone some time ago.

Elibe has St. Elimine, wielder of Aureola, who has official art of her face:

heroeselimine.png

but this would going into OC territory since they'd have to invent a personality for her. On the plus side, if I squint I could pretend she is Blucius.

But who knows? This could be month they go and bend the rules we presently think exist concerning Mythics.

Lilith is an Astral Dragon, so she matches on the element side. She could be Flying if they chose to ignore her human form or add levitation. Making her Blue sounds like a nonissue. Her big problem is not really existing in the main plot, then being given a tragic forced end on two routes, plus apparently a showing up in Future Past.

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I hope they spread things out and pick a different continent to give a Mythic to.

If we are looking at Blue, Naga would be reasonable. Although her Blue when the tome she poured her soul into is Green would be a little inconsistency resulting from this.

Gotoh has the problem of being an old man, and not having a cool dragon form to compensate since he chucked his stone some time ago.

Elibe has St. Elimine, wielder of Aureola, who has official art of her face:

heroeselimine.png

but this would going into OC territory since they'd have to invent a personality for her. On the plus side, if I squint I could pretend she is Blucius.

But who knows? This could be month they go and bend the rules we presently think exist concerning Mythics.

Lilith is an Astral Dragon, so she matches on the element side. She could be Flying if they chose to ignore her human form or add levitation. Making her Blue sounds like a nonissue. Her big problem is not really existing in the main plot, then being given a tragic forced end on two routes, plus apparently a showing up in Future Past.

I would honestly love for them to start fleshing out lore characters like St. Elimine and others.

I mean, I think it'd be pretty awesome. Get to know a little more about these old heroes and it's basically like getting a brand new character.

8 hours ago, Gregster101 said:

If we're talking blue, one possible idea for a Mythic Hero I had was Gotoh as a Blue Tome Infantry unit with the Starlight tome. I say Gotoh cuz I'm not sure if they would give Ashera so soon after Yune and Mila so soon after Alm.

Ooh, that's a good pick. Avoids both the Tellius and Valencia issues while still being someone appropriate who actually appeared on CYL. I'm switching my guess to him.

31 minutes ago, Yukiko said:

I wonder if they will ever add characters like Loptyr, the Demon King or Anankos as Mythic heroes... They aren't gods but they are very powerful and they are mentioned in some legends...

Well even Duma technically isn't a god, so it wouldn't be out there to include any of those as Mythic Heroes

Anankos gets points for appearing in CYL, unlike some of the other suggestions, but I feel like he wouldn't fit Astra.

I'm standing by my "characters not on CYL3 aren't currently likely" prediction.

Hmm, I do wonder who the hero is gonna be. I haven't pulled for any of them (ignoring Eir) yet, so maybe someone I like! Mila seems likely, and would be kinda cool, I loved her art in Echoes.

I'm alsoooo hoping for NY!Hrid to appear on this banner (one cause I've saved up orbs) because if he's with regular Hrid, it will work in my favor, cause I'll want 2/3. Otherwise if it's NY!Gunnthra I might not pull because she pitybroke me THREE on the NY banner, and the game knows I hate her, soooo it's rude. Hah. 

I really want to hope for colorless, but with Eir, Duma, and Alm all being colorless recently, it's not very likely. But if Laevatein returns next month and doesn't share a color with the new Mythic, my chances of getting merges for her later on are pretty much zero and I will be a sad panda.

I'm hoping for colorless Astra Mila to mirror colorless Anima Duma. One can dream.

And I'm hoping for Winter Fae levels of Res bulk on her.

Edited by Ice Dragon

I don't have the datamined seasons, but I saw that next month's element will be Water. This strongly implies that June's Legendary will be Wind, since they haven't yet done the same element back-to-back for two whole months, and we already have Fire and Earth Pair Ups.

41 minutes ago, Johann said:

I don't have the datamined seasons, but I saw that next month's element will be Water. This strongly implies that June's Legendary will be Wind, since they haven't yet done the same element back-to-back for two whole months, and we already have Fire and Earth Pair Ups.

Only if the next legendary is another Pair Up one. Which is possible, but if they're ever going to get to Earth/Res and Fire/Spd, I think this would be a good place to start alternating.

So I'd say either Water/Pair or Fire/Spd, depending.

10 hours ago, Othin said:

Only if the next legendary is another Pair Up one. Which is possible, but if they're ever going to get to Earth/Res and Fire/Spd, I think this would be a good place to start alternating.

So I'd say either Water/Pair or Fire/Spd, depending.

Was thinking that Fire/Spd or Earth/Res could be thrown in there, yeah

Did you mean Wind/Pair?

3 minutes ago, Johann said:

Was thinking that Fire/Spd or Earth/Res could be thrown in there, yeah

Did you mean Wind/Pair?

Yeah, Wind/Pair.

Earth/Res in June seems unlikely since we've never had the same element back-to-back before.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Yeah, Wind/Pair.

Earth/Res in June seems unlikely since we've never had the same element back-to-back before.

Yeah, and I feel like they want to have at least one of each element with Pair Up before they'd go back to Earth/Res and Fire/Spd