May 2019 Legendary Banner Expectations

Johann

I'm leaning towards Naga or Ashera. I'd think it'd be Ashera if it wasn't for the fact that the last Mythical Hero was Yune. I'm not sure if they'd do two Mythical Heroes from Radiant Dawn in a row. I kind of hope it isn't Ashera cuz orbs. Then again, we have like an entire month. I guess it depends on the other banners this month.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the Fallen Heroes trailer showing up but not including Azura, I'm changing my guess to Anankos. Anankos-as-Azura could work as a blue Astra mythic, although I'm not sure about movement type and dancer status.

9 hours ago, Othin said:

With the Fallen Heroes trailer showing up but not including Azura, I'm changing my guess to Anankos. Anankos-as-Azura could work as a blue Astra mythic, although I'm not sure about movement type and dancer status.

I really hope not Anankos as Azura, but rather just Anankos. And Dancer... well L!Azura is hard to beat. You have to pick like deeeeeeep into the trixter box to beat her. A Horse Dancer, mm okeisch, but the Beast Dancer have 3 movement range covered (and can fly). Armor Dancer? Could be nice for Armor emblem, but considering Armorers want to stick together and the amount of Armor weakness running around i wouldnt even invest into an Armor Dancer.
I think they need to lay off on any non Armor or non Cavalry Dancer, because it will be moot in the face of L!Azura for a while, unless they add a Dancer that gives -1 Special cooldown for every dance she uses 2 spaces around the target to allys lulz.

3 minutes ago, Hilda said:

I really hope not Anankos as Azura, but rather just Anankos. And Dancer... well L!Azura is hard to beat. You have to pick like deeeeeeep into the trixter box to beat her. A Horse Dancer, mm okeisch, but the Beast Dancer have 3 movement range covered (and can fly). Armor Dancer? Could be nice for Armor emblem, but considering Armorers want to stick together and the amount of Armor weakness running around i wouldnt even invest into an Armor Dancer.
I think they need to lay off on any non Armor or non Cavalry Dancer, because it will be moot in the face of L!Azura for a while, unless they add a Dancer that gives -1 Special cooldown for every dance she uses 2 spaces around the target to allys lulz.

If it's the Crazy Azura her VA said we should expect, that suggests at the very least the art and voice are Azura, but I'll be satisfied if the personality, name, and voice are not.

We still don't have a blue flying dragon yet, so that could be a good fit, especially if they don't go the dancer route.

• 2 weeks later...

Learn with Sharena possibly spoiled the new mythic hero

Spoiler

Divine Fang is a skill that was talked about that grants effectiveness against dragons. The Japanese name alludes to Naga

Just now, redlight said:

Hide contents

Divine Fang is a skill that was talked about that grants effectiveness against dragons. The Japanese name alludes to Naga

I was literally just about to post that! :D

1 hour ago, redlight said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

Huh, I thought they were going to go Mila this time around since the element of the month is likely Astra, but it does still fit Naga so it's not that big a deal. It'll be nice to get her and see how they handle her inclusion, particularly in terms of what her dragon form looks like. 

Spoiler

While Naga is more likely, i still wouldn't discount Mila as a possibility.

We know that Duma and Mila received a fang from Naga when they were exiled to Valentia, and we also know that artifacts associated with characters are possible to be skills (like Follow-Up Ring, Lunar Brace, etc.). Since Duma doesn't have the fang as a skill, it's possible that Mila could.

But it's probably Naga.

Well...

Spoiler

If it's Naga or her semi-resurrected form Nagi, then we have the original nonhuman lore deity. That is quite good.

I'm more partial to Archanea and thus Nagi than Awakening and its Naga, but she still isn't bad. Originally I thought removal of one's great fangs would lead to death and that Naga had only two, so SoV's impact on Naga was initially negative for me. Either she has four, or great fangs can be regrown, in which case, just tell me where the Falchion Graveyard is. I'm still mixed on her there, not so much because herself, as the choice to make Duma and Mila dragons when things in FE2 were ambiguous with only the possibility of being dragons. 

And coming off unnecessary Tiki and Forrin alts dampens my liking a bit; this game likes burning through its dragons and making them broken as is. 

Don't think I'll summon- save Orbs, I want a Leif, and I'm still burned from Yune.

Spoiler

Oh boy, don't get my hopes to high up. I am inclined to use a lot of my orbs for Naga or Mila. At least 1 or 2 copies would be nice here. Well lets wait a bit.

Spoiler

Would have preferred Anankos but Naga's fine, I guess~ The Skill itself is really interesting, though, granting Dragon Effectiveness~ I expect to see a lot more Micaiahs for Offensive teams

@Landmaster

Spoiler

Are you assuming Divine Fang will be inheritable and thus available for Miccy to give her Triple Effectiveness? I'd bet my entire Orb stock it won't be.

Though flavoring weaker Specials with an effective component would be a nice move, since Special is prolly less important than whats on a weapon. Or maybe they could breathe new life in defensive Specials with extra movement type-based defenses.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

@Landmaster

Hide contents

Are you assuming Divine Fang will be inheritable and thus available for Miccy to give her Triple Effectiveness? I'd bet my entire Orb stock it won't be.

Spoiler

It grants Effectiveness against Dragons to Allies.

@Landmaster

Spoiler

I stand corrected then, I didn't actually read about the skill itself.

It does sound more Naga-y than Naga actually doing the effective fighting herself, even though she clearly can as Nagi showed.

Now if only they added a skill that lets effective bonuses additively stack. Male Grima would wince to see 84 Mt Thani sans Atk coming his way. Or maybe just a skill that if doubly effective, would increase the effective multiple to x4.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

@Landmaster

Hide contents

I stand corrected then, I didn't actually read about the skill itself.

It does sound more Naga-y than Naga actually doing the effective fighting herself, even though she clearly can as Nagi showed.

Now if only they added a skill that lets effective bonuses additively stack. Male Grima would wince to see 84 Mt Thani sans Atk coming his way. Or maybe just a skill that if doubly effective, would increase the effective multiple to x4.

Spoiler

It's a Status Effect written as "Gain Effectiveness against Dragons" which suggests that it's likely (I assume) a C Skill or Weapon that would grant this effect to Allies.

As for stacking bonuses, that would be pretty powerful if they ever created such a Skill. Might be something for a Legendary unit (maybe Legendary Micaiah herself)

• 2 weeks later...

Current rerun schedule:

• June: Ryoma, Ephraim, Lucina, Gunnthra, Yune, Robin
  • July: Marth, Azura, Fjorm, Hector, Lyn, Eir, Alm
  • August: Ike, Roy, Naga, Tiki, Duma
  • September: Eirika, Hrid

Ike was moved from July to August, while Lyn was added to July, keeping the total for that month at seven reruns.

June and July each having only one red rerun suggests red is the most likely color for both months' new units. August is probably green or colorless, while September could be anything but I'm guessing it isn't red.

Based on that, my guesses for the next two months:

• June: Legendary Seliph, Legendary Ryoma, NY Hrid, Legendary Ephraim, Legendary Lucina, Selkie, Gunnthra, Yune, Onsen Hinoka, Legendary Robin, Onsen Sakura, Caineghis
  • July: Medeus, Legendary Marth, Onsen Elise, Legendary Azura, Fjorm, Onsen Ryoma, Legendary Hector, Legendary Lyn, Valentine's Mist, Eir, Legendary Alm, Dark Tiki

Alternatively, if they want to have July bring the seasonal hero count back up to 4 (removing New Heroes from the banners entirely), they could do something like:

• June: Legendary Ryoma, NY Hrid, Onsen Elise, Legendary Ephraim, Legendary Lucina, Selkie, Gunnthra, Yune, Onsen Hinoka, Legendary Celica, Legendary Robin, Caineghis
  • July: Medeus, Legendary Marth, Valentine's Ike, Legendary Azura, Fjorm, Onsen Ryoma, Legendary Hector, Legendary Lyn, Valentine's Mist, Eir, Legendary Alm, Onsen Sakura

In either case, I'm likely to pull green in June, then red and colorless in July, although the first case makes my July options better.

Edited by Othin

17 minutes ago, Othin said:

Current rerun schedule:

Ike was moved from July to August, while Lyn was added to July, keeping the total for that month at seven reruns.

June and July each having only one red rerun suggests red is the most likely color for both month's new units. August is probably green or colorless, while September could be anything but I'm guessing it isn't red.

• June: Legendary Seliph, Legendary Ryoma, NY Hrid, Legendary Ephraim, Legendary Lucina, Selkie, Gunnthra, Yune, Onsen Hinoka, Legendary Robin, Onsen Sakura, Caineghis
  • July: Medeus, Legendary Marth, Onsen Elise, Legendary Azura, Fjorm, Onsen Ryoma, Legendary Hector, Legendary Lyn, Valentine's Mist, Eir, Legendary Alm, Dark Tiki

Alternatively, if they want to have July bring the seasonal hero count back up to 4 (removing New Heroes from the banners entirely), they could do something like:

• June: Legendary Ryoma, NY Hrid, Onsen Elise, Legendary Ephraim, Legendary Lucina, Selkie, Gunnthra, Yune, Onsen Hinoka, Legendary Celica, Legendary Robin, Caineghis
  • July: Medeus, Legendary Marth, Valentine's Ike, Legendary Azura, Fjorm, Onsen Ryoma, Legendary Hector, Legendary Lyn, Valentine's Mist, Eir, Legendary Alm, Onsen Sakura

In either case, I'm likely to pull green in June, then red and colorless in July, although the first case makes my July options better.

If you're right in your predictions, I'll probably pull on red and colorless in both months, and possibly green when Hector is back.

July is looking less spectacularly bountiful as it might have seemed a month or two ago, with the change in plans all but eliminating Green as a good colour to pull on. All told though, it's still quite clearly the one to go to for my orbs - especially as August is looking to be a complete write-off and there's not a chance in hell I can save orbs to Q4 this year. It's just hugely unfortunate that Legendary Azura looks to be paired up with possibly the two most undesirable picks that could happen. Grey will be fantastic no matter what though, so instead of sniping blue, it'll be blue+grey from the get-go I suspect. Just Tiki over Sakura please.

Now to be fair, a part of this is because the pool of desirable heroes from the seasonals due to be re-run is pretty slim. Hinoka is the only one I want (just one for a +1 merge), but it looks like the legendaries will line up in such a way that I can't afford to go for her. No interest in anyone else in the Hot Springs banner, nor in anyone from the Valentine's banner. Regular heroes aren't faring too much better either, with red beasts being the only slot I really need to fill but being stuck behind a huge queue of uninspiring swords (including legendary ones).

If the developers are insistent on keeping the gender balance of the legendary heroes intact, then the next two legendary heroes will most likely be female -- and coincidentally we have two more female lords who are not legendary heroes yet (Micaiah and Celica). Wouldn't complain if the rest of the legendaries were male, though, since we have more guys missing.

7 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

If the developers are insistent on keeping the gender balance of the legendary heroes intact, then the next two legendary heroes will most likely be female -- and coincidentally we have two more female lords who are not legendary heroes yet (Micaiah and Celica). Wouldn't complain if the rest of the legendaries were male, though, since we have more guys missing.

Why next two? Current counts are:

• Female: 8 (Fjorm, Gunnthra, Robin, Lyn, Lucina, Tiki, Eirika, Azura)
  • Male: 8 (Ike, Ephraim, Ryoma, Hector, Marth, Hrid, Roy, Alm)

The more recent ones have been male, and the imbalances have tended towards female, so that does suggest the next legendary is likely to be female, but after that, anything could happen.

Legendary versions of Celica and Micaiah would be neat and seem pretty much inevitable, but I do hope we get Legendary Seliph sometime this year. He's the most outdated, as the only lord who hasn't gotten a version since the very beginning of the game. A legendary version of him would want to be mounted to match his promotion, and could get some sort of Special-enhancing sword based on Sigurd's Silver Sword.

On 6/1/2019 at 10:38 AM, Othin said:

Current rerun schedule:

June and July each having only one red rerun suggests red is the most likely color for both months' new units. August is probably green or colorless, while September could be anything but I'm guessing it isn't red.

Thanks for this, I've been too busy to write up the next thread til today and this'll save me a lot of time