Ranking bosses in Ultimate from best to worst

Perkilator

Galeem/Dharkon: A fantastic finale, with neither side helping you against the other.

Galeem: A decent last challenge if you wanna go for him.

Rathalos: Not being a Monster Huntet fan, I didn't catch the reference with the Deku Nut and the Pitfall and how they're used in this battle. I like little details like that!

Dracula: A nice little boss with some new moves.

Master and Crazy Hand: I like the improvements that were made here, I hope Sakurai never stops improving them!

Galleom: How many times do we have to teach you this lesson, old man?!

Marx: It’s an…okay fight.

Dharkon: ^^^

Ganon: Not a bad fight, per se; just a little more annoying than necessary at times.

Giga Bowser: Worst and most boring boss in the whole game; not a good way to bring the man back as a boss.

Edited by Perkilator

Didn't Smash5 had Rathalos?

Edit: Also, sorry for not participating. I just got my copy of Smash5 and I didn't have enough time to fight every single boss.

I did, however, fight Rathalos. His fight is really cool at how loyal it is to Monster Hunter (if you ignore the fact that he's flying at 90% of the time on the original game). Also, just if you want to know, the deku nut is a reference to a item called Flash Bomb, a throwing item that allows the user to ''blind'' the monster for some time if it hits the eyes. Pitfall trap is pretty self-explanatory.

Edited by BergelomeuSantos

11 hours ago, Perkilator said:

A fantastic finale, with neither side helping you against the other.

Except don't they actively screw over each other while trying to attack you? You can actively use the attacks of one on another. I distinctly remember this, since I used a stunned Dharkon's eye to block the homing orbs of Gallem's triple attack, and if you knocked one of them out, the other would do a super attack, taking away like a third of the other's health bar. There are plenty of other examples, since they work in such a way that they hurt and help each other basically every part of the fight they aren't being stationary.

Also, I really don't think Dracula should be that high. Bar high level intensity classic mode runs where he is the boss, he's piss easy most of the time. You can tear through his first form with ease with any character that has good aireals (see Ike for the character I went with most often), and his second form is a slightly harder Ganon fight.

I was also personally disappointed with some of the changes to Master/Crazy Hand. Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but I always remembered them being an actual challenge with a ton of threatening moves. These have maybe three moves between the both of them I find remotely threatening, and the rest can be quite easily dodged. 

Edited by DarthR0xas

Marx Tier - Marx, Master + Crazy Hand

High Tier - Dracula, Galeem + Dharkon

Mid Tier - Galeem, Dharkon, Giga Bowser, Rathalos

Low Tier - Galleom, Ganon, Master Hand (alone), Crazy Hand (alone)

Yeah, Dracula's a piece of cake in the first phase, but in general I wish they attempted more multi-phase fights because this is the only one. Marx takes the top tier spot because they really capture the creepiness of his attacks, and add in new ones. Plus I just think his attacks are appropriately telegraphed despite being a boss that warps around a bunch and that's quite a feat. Master+Crazy Hand is beside him because of the ability to ration your damage against both bosses to knock them both unconscious at once and deal extremely high damage with Dsmashes. I think it's dumb most classic modes end with Master + Crazy Hand, but wow is that a wonderful boss fight. Ganon is low tier because characters with low jumping ability really struggle. Galleom feels a little too non threatening since you can camp with projectiles when most of his attacks are melee, his punches and slams are easy to dodge, his grab is too easy to escape, his spinning move that pulls you in feels like it never pulls you enough - probably because they didn't want it to be hard for slow characters to effectively run through. If they bring in any more Brawl bosses in the future (Boss Battles update when?), I hope they get tweaks to their designs, because Galleom would probably be high tier in that game.

Edited by Glennstavos

Rathalos>Galeem+Dharkon>Marx>Galeem>Hands>Dharkon>Dracula>Giga Bowser > Galleom>Ganon

Rathalos, and the double final boss feel the most well thought out. 

I think Dharkon (alone) kind of supersedes all the Brawl inspired slow/spot dodge type  telegraph attack bosses, with Galleom in this game seriously showing his age. Giga Bowser doesn't seem to fit on Final Destination as well as he used to,. Giving him super armor mechanics and lower aggression AI is less satisfying than high aggression AI without super armor. I feel like the changes to the hands are great for fighting them with lots of different charathers but bad for charathers you are really comfortable with.... While all the combination attacks are fun and showy, I feel like all of them except for the Paint one are easier to dodge than having the Hands each use their normal attacks and let you getfree damage, while the stun mechanic seems like overkill in any situation EXCEPT getting to the end of Classic Mode at 9.0-9.9. It's better than i's been before since it's now designed around the idea of 2 hands being the default.