• Black Eagles
    • Blue Lions
    • Golden Deer

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Thane said:

This is indeed a very strong argument. Hilda's updated portrait is much better, too.

yeah and based on what very little we've seen of her she's looking to be a sort of himidere/tsundere type character and those are always a fun time

Edited by Ottservia

29 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

yeah and based on what very little we've seen of her she's looking to be a sort of himidere/tsundere type character and those are always a fun time

Eh, I get a much different vibe from Hilda. Those eyes in the portrait scream “crazy bitch”. 

I'm honestly having trouble deciding. I have three runs in mind already with three different Byleths to play with; two male and one female. I think once I get the game, it'll come down to a roll of the dice to decide which one I start out with.

Hopefully we have some good introduction chapters. I need them to decide.

Black Eagle is really intriguing for me how to see how the Empire works, also characters like Edelgard, yeah xD She is one hell of a bait. I am so sold on females with Axes. The other houses better give me an option like this.

Blue Lion - I like Dimitri and it also has some intriguing characters, which just lack information for me.

Golden Deer - after seeing some works of the artist I cannot unsee Claude x Dimitri xD. Characters are still lacking for me, but this side is the direction I would like and I guess it will have more down to earth people. I guess.

I am really torn overall... but my tendency is Black Eagle = Blue Lion > Golden Deer. I need some more insight on Golden Deer which I hopefully get. Sadly I don't think we will see all characters in the "Tutorial?" before choosing. There might be some characters hiding in the game which would make my decision easier..for now I cannot see "archetypes" I like. 

Edited by Stroud

I mean, you can't really give me the option of picking a cool-looking, cool-headed axe-lord, sporting a red and black color scheme, apparently voiced by Cristina Vee, and expect me to go with anyone else. IS got me good with Edelgard.

Her aside, it's really a toss-up. Claude definitely sounds intriguing but my gut says Dimitri will be a sleeper hit as well, and the supporting casts all have the same number of people who just look cool enough to try fielding. I'm not convinced the houses' weapon preferences will end up being too terribly significant, and any other possible effects of their countries of origin are so vague right now that I can't really take them into account.

Edited by Radnar

Probably Golden Deer.

While his house doesn't have my favorite students design wise (that goes to Dimitri's house), Claude himself has a design I really, really like. And his house is made up mostly of commoners compared to the Black Eagles and Blue Lions, so I think that's kind of interesting. Plus as silly as this might be, with all the jokes about this game being like Harry Potter...I was placed in Hufflepuff, Claude's house is yellow, so yeah.

9 hours ago, Ottservia said:

Golden deer has pink twintails need I say more.

This is honestly a great point bc Hilda is one of the characters that most intrigues me mainly because she's literally Serra and I really want her on my team as an ultra mage.

Edited by Book Bro

Golden Deer here.

The Black Eagles have the most powerful country and its princess backing them, along with mages.

The Blue Lions have cavalry, most likely, an often powerful class in the games (see: Genealogy, the entire GBA trilogy, FE9, and FE11).

Both are classes consisting of nobles.

The Golden Deer? Archers, commoners, and a person leading them that may have issues (given the cipher card). And a future best-teacher-anyone-can-have.

I'm a simple man with simple needs, I see a fire emblem girl with purple hair at shoulder length and I'll do anything for her. House Bernadetta it is.

4 hours ago, Azure in a Roundabout said:

Golden Deer here.

The Black Eagles have the most powerful country and its princess backing them, along with mages.

The Blue Lions have cavalry, most likely, an often powerful class in the games (see: Genealogy, the entire GBA trilogy, FE9, and FE11).

Both are classes consisting of nobles.

The Golden Deer? Archers, commoners, and a person leading them that may have issues (given the cipher card). And a future best-teacher-anyone-can-have.

Okay, that might have come across as mean. I am just going with the Gold Deer to help them out.

I like all three main characters but I'm picking Edelgard first coz I really like her design and I think she's the most interesting plus I like a lot of the people in her house.(Dorothea and her chic hat!)

I was gonna pick Claude second but then Dimitri has Sylvain and Ashe so that's tempting. And then Claude has Lysithea and Marianne so now I'm like super not sure who to pick next.

Black Eagles:

• Edelgard and Petra are pretty.
  • Lyn x Reinhardt meme
  • But sadly the least interesting country to me.

Blue Lions:

• SYLVAIN!
  • Ashe, Annette, Blonde Girl, and the others. They have the best chara design.
  • I like the fact that Faerghus is a Kingdom. It means that the country will be very linked to the church. It can be interesting, especially if the church turns out to be the bad guys.
  • I actually like Dimitri. He looks humble and nice to talk with. And his bio make him more interesting.

Golden Deers:

• Best girl Lysithea.
  • The girls are all pretty but the men (other than Claude) are... meh.
  • Claude seems interesting! But I'm more intrigued by Dimitri.
  • Some Lycia vibes and it's great!
  • Bows.

I'll definitively choose the Blue Lions! And the Golden Deers for the second playthrough.

Super surprised that it's so even. What with Edelgard getting such a huge share of the focus thus far, I expected the Black Eagles to be far and away leading. That's good though. It means they found something to make every house appeal to someone.

11 hours ago, Onestep said:

Super surprised that it's so even. What with Edelgard getting such a huge share of the focus thus far, I expected the Black Eagles to be far and away leading. That's good though. It means they found something to make every house appeal to someone.

Yeah, I don't dislike any of them. It's going to be a difficult first choice. Each of them have characters I really want to cutomize. I think IS did a great job designing them so that there isn't one popular choice (at least so far).

I'll definitely join the Black Eagles. They seem pretty appealing to me and I don't think the other two do at all. I'm glad it's not a hard choice for me. But that may change when I see all of the characters. I think the only hard choice I'm going to have is choosing male or female Byleth.

Edited by SSbardock84

After more information since the 2nd trailer, I still prefer the Black Eagles followed by the Blue Lions with the Golden Deer in Third. Both groups strike a good balance between its members. Claude's group still feel like a bunch of losers more so with Lorenz there.

Well I don’t think my decision is gonna be changing anytime soon. Golden Deer here we come!

Edited by Ottservia