Bloodstained -with release date-

Stroud

Bloodstained fans have been waiting patiently and finally we know the release date.

It will be 18th June for Xbox One, PS4 and Steam and 25th June for Nintendo Switch like in the new trailer revealed.

It can be really appreciated that they have taken their time and it has been long now. They also show that they look at the reactions of the players and a certain transparency. Personally I cannot wait to play this. I have been a fan of Castlevania how Igarashi changed it starting with Symphony of the Night.

Here is the trailer:

Spoiler

This shows that its worth it for game developers to be patient, but gamers also should appreciate the work they put in and answer to that with support.

Yeah, that's the thing about video game development. A game looks like crap, right up until the point that it doesn't, and suddenly it looks good. People were worried about the visuals, but you really shouldn't judge until you play it yourself.

Very excited for this, I can't wait.

Edited by dragonlordsd

Wow! Igarashi took the whining real well. Like a lotus, this trailer goes into the filth, but rises untouched by it. Class with sass.

Not going to get the game right away, but I certainly will at some point, I do enjoy a good Metroidvania. Let's just hope it somehow doesn't end up being a Mightyvania.

Been looking forward to this, though unfortunately, the Switch version release date coincides with the Switch version of Super Neptunia RPG, which is gonna be a bit of a problem. Got two months to figure it out though.

It speaks to the differing circumstances of indie game development that the game was able to change that much in accordance to pre-release feedback. Granted, the team didn't have to adhere to the critiques of even youtube comments. They already had your money. I'm just saying, Igarashi, that most game studios would kill to have another couple years to work on their game outside of investor-imposed deadlines and never having to give anybody a release date. And I hope the graphical overhaul wasn't as vital to the game's delay as this trailer suggests because "Eww, the game looks bad, take it back we can't sell this" sounds like one of those made up things we imagine AAA game studios saying to each other to justify a delay.

Of course I will still be playing this game. Curse of the Moon's quality stunned me - it's the best of the classic style castlevania games which I was thoroughly convinced nobody cared about anymore. Will I be able to say the same about Ritual of the Night being the best Symphony game? Probably not since that sort of game has so much more subjective appeal. And if it's not that good, it makes no difference to me. I already got Curse of the Moon from a different game studio. As somebody who didn't back the game, I got more than I deserve so I figure I owe them one. Especially as somebody who went too far with their heart in choosing to back Yooka Laylee and Shenmue 3 over this game's kickstarter. Go ahead and laugh.

Edited by Glennstavos

Dang, the graphics on the newer version looks pretty impressive. I guess this was the reason why Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night was postponed for so long. Also, I never expected that they show the YouTube comment section and other websites so serious in the release date trailer.

Edited by King Marth 64

On 2.05.2019 at 4:58 PM, dragonlordsd said:

A game looks like crap, right up until the point that it doesn't, and suddenly it looks good. People were worried about the visuals, but you really shouldn't judge until you play it yourself.

That is sooo true.  I'm a backer and got to play early builds of the game - wasn't worried a bit after that.

Always assumed the visuals will get polished and the most important core elements have been fine since the first demo. Controls, copy & paste corridors (lol), general feeling of the game were always locked to be 100% Igavania. The rest is fine-tuning. Being able to comment &  provide input that is actually being listened to by the devs has been a terrific experience. It's certainly been a wild ride. Can't wait to get the finished product soon. 

Finally ! Waited a release date for this game for ages. I also played and 100% completed Curse of the moon, which I adored.

Curse of the moon, for those who don't know, it's Castlevania III, but better and newer.