Do you tend to prefer red or green social knights?

Favorite social knights?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Red or Green

• Red
    • Green
  2. 2. Favorite Red

• Cain
    • Luke
    • Mae
    • Lukas
    • Noish
    • Allen
    • Kent
    • Forde
    • Kieran
    • Sully
    • Saizo
  3. 3. Favorite Green

• Abel
    • Roderick
    • Boey
    • Forsyth
    • Alec
    • Lance
    • Sain
    • Kyle
    • Oscar
    • Stahl
    • Kaze

Do you prefer red or green social knights? Which is your favorite of each? 

Also, if you wish to discuss favorites out of particular pairs (ie Cain vs Abel or Kyle vs. Forde), feel free to discuss below. The 5 question limit prevented me from including these on the poll.

Edited by Etheus

My favorite overall social Knight

Forde (Red)

Cain or Abel

Cain (Red)

These two are actually really close. But I have to give it to Cain for his Heroes' design and Bull Blade. 

Luke or Roderick

Roderick (Green)

I cannot stand Luke. 

Lukas or Forsyth

Lukas (Red)

One of my favorite Echoes characters. My only regret is that he promotes into a Knight, my least favorite class.

Mae or Boey

Boey (Green)

I really like Boey's design, his dynamic with Mae, and his rather unique personality.

Alec or Noish

N/A

Allen or Lance

N/A

Sain or Kent

Sain (Green)

Sain's got a lot of personality, even if he is one note. I'm not the biggest Kent fan.

Forde or Kyle

Forde (Red)

Forde develops on the typical red cavalier brashness with an artistic passion and backstory that allow him to rise above the rest.

Kieran or Oscar

Oscar (Green)

I just really like Oscar's promoted design, and I'm also a major fan of Oscar x Tanith supports.

Sully or Stahl

Sully (Red)

I'm a bit of a sucker for tomboys in fiction, and Sully is a great one, even if it does look like she's wearing a toilet bowl around her neck (as does Stahl).

Kaze or Saizo

Kaze (Green)

Kaze's got a unique design and color scheme, along with a much more amicable personality than the harsh Saizo.

That's 4 reds and 5 greens. And yet, my favorite of all, and one of my top 5 favorite FE characters, is a red.

Edited by Etheus

1. Abel and Cain:
    • I used Abel more in SD, but thanks to TMS influence, I used Cain more in FE3. Not much personality for either, nor a single interaction between the two. I guess I'll say Cain on personality though.
  2. Archanea's arguable second duo in the 7th Platoon- Roderick and Luke:
    • Roderick, looks a little innocently cute and his NM personality is better.
  3. Naoise and Alec
    • Neither has much in personality, but I'd say Alec's ability to double outweighs Naoise's Critical and Confront/Charge access. Alec also looks cooler.
  4. Alan and Lance
    • I'd say Lance in personality from what little I remember off the top of my head, but Alan outdid him in gameplay for me.
  5. Kent and Sain
    • Kent has the better personality, and isn't a total gentleman with his unexpected lustful underside. Sain on the other hand has no gentleman underside to counterbalance his casanova surface. Gameplay goes to Sain.
  6. Forde and Kyle
    1. Kyle in gameplay, but definitely Forde in personality.
  7. Oscar and Kieran
    • They're equally good in PoR gameplay, Kieran is less screwable but Oscar has more availability. RD is better for Oscar, but neither is stellar here. Oscar does have the more rounded characterization though, his brothers really help with this.
  8. Stahl and Sully
    • Never read too much of either. Sully isn't bad, but I prefer the more chill and normal Stahl. Gameplay they're equal.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Red and green are merely colors.  I go for personality and usefulness.  So. . .

Archanea: Cain and Rody.  Mostly because Abel doesn't have much of a personality, and Luke's is grating.
Jugdral: Noishe, because what little I've seen of Alec points to him being an ass.
Elibe pt. 1: Neither were memorable enough to leave an impression on me.
Elibe pt. 2: They irritate me equally - Sain in terms of personality, and Kent in terms of getting RNG screwed.
Magvel: Franz.  Forde/Kyle usually wind up pretty bad for me.
Tellius: I dislike them equally, because Titania's more amusing.
Ylisse: Sully for stats, Stahl for personality.
Hoshido: Again, neither, but that's because Laslow's all the ninja I need~!

Green has Stahl and Forsyth so it wasn't a hard decision at all. That's a lie since I love Forde and Mae so much. 

1. Cain and Abel.

• Cain for funny reasons. During my first ever playthrough of SD my Cain ended up crazy good and since then all of my Cains ended up rng blessed. Abel saw the bench and honestly the love triangle surrounding him was boring and awful at times. Therefore Cain wins b/c I'm Cain blessed and he doesn't annoy me.

2. Roderick and Luke(I'd argue it's actually Cecil and Rod)

• I prefer Roderick's design overall and his personality was charming since everyone else in the platoon didn't know the meaning of composure. Luke gets really annoying at times so I didn't like him.

3. Forsyth and Lukas.

• I actually really like Lukas but he isn't a dork that makes puns in battle. Forsyth's personality, friendship with Python, and the villager fork are essentially the reasons that make him a part of my favourite fe characters. 

4.Mae and Boey.

• Mae usually ends up better for me and I adore her friendship with Celica. Boey is just there half the time I guess.

5. Haha uh I don't care about the 4/5/6/9/10 Christmas units so I'm just gonna group them all together :D

6. Kent and Sain.

• Not a huge fan of flirts when that's pretty much their only trait. I might be biased though since I've barely read any of Sain's supports. Kent wins for his personality but it's Lowen > both for me.

7. Forde and Kyle.

• Both end up terrible in my playthroughs but I do adore Forde. He's the playful one of the duo but he isn't just that and all of his supports are nice to read through. 

8. Stahl and Sully.

• Something about Sully annoys me to no end so she always gets benched within the first couple of chapters. Stahl on the other hand is just so sweet and down to earth. His clumsiness isn't overblown and it's rather charming unlike Sumia(girl I like you but whyyy). 

9. Kaze and Saizo.

• I like both so honestly it depends on my mood and current playthrough. Last L!Rev playthrough I ended up with a Kaze that capped strength :L while Saizo on L!Birthright Sazio outperformed the other two ninjas completely. 

I tend to prefer green, but ironically, Kieran is my favorite out of all these guys, red or green. lol He's just so funny and lovable! And he's hot. :3

Sain is my favorite green knight, though Oscar and Kaze are very close seconds. He's that kind of character I always seem to love where they often act goofy or idiotic, but actually can be really serious when they want to. They get both some amusing moments and neat depth!

I'd say I probably prefer reds overall. Blyat.

Kyle and Forde are my personal favorite cavalier duo, and I would say each are my favorite in their respective color category.

Forde isn't a great unit but I'm really fond of his personality, it's nice to see him get a lot of appreciation in the poll.

By contrast, I'm a little disappointed that Kyle isn't so popular. I think he's a very strong character as well in addition to being, you know, a reliably good unit.

Favorite Red: Mae. Top tier line delivery and she can conjure lightning. Big, hurty lightning. Runner up is Forde.

Favorite Green: Honestly, the personalities of all of these guys are inoffensive yet un-noteworthy to me. I guess I'll say Forsyth, since once again voice acting really breathes life into characters that aren't multi-dimensional. Hate to pour my appreciation exclusively into one game, and outside of the cavalier class, but that's just how it panned out.

Favorite color: Red. I care more about these characters. Even when I admit its the greenie who often has the better stat allocations and other things going for them.

Edited by Glennstavos

10 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

I'd say I probably prefer reds overall. Blyat.

Kyle and Forde are my personal favorite cavalier duo, and I would say each are my favorite in their respective color category.

Forde isn't a great unit but I'm really fond of his personality, it's nice to see him get a lot of appreciation in the poll.

By contrast, I'm a little disappointed that Kyle isn't so popular. I think he's a very strong character as well in addition to being, you know, a reliably good unit.

I don't dislike Kyle by any means. On the contrary, I think he's a great foil to Forde. However, the reason why Kyle works is largely because Forde is just that good of a character. And yes, they are my favorite cavalier duo as well.

I voted Kaze for my favorite green, though. I really like his design, and he's got a pretty strong personality that isn't flanderized as other Fates characters tend to be.

4 hours ago, Etheus said:

I don't dislike Kyle by any means. On the contrary, I think he's a great foil to Forde. However, the reason why Kyle works is largely because Forde is just that good of a character. And yes, they are my favorite cavalier duo as well.

Don't get me wrong, Forde and Kyle's relationship is great, but Kyle has other good supports which show that his character works well even without Forde.

• 4 weeks later...

Never heard them called social knights before tbh, I'm used to them being called Cain and Abel archetypes. Anyways, for me the two originals are my favorites. Cain is after all my second favorite Fire Emblem character in general. Abel is pretty high for me too. And generally I prefer the Cain archetypes.

Edited by SSbardock84

Well going by process of elimination:

Cain>Abel

Luke<Roderick

Mae>Boey

Lukas>Forsyth

Noish>Alec

Allen=Lance (I can barely distinguish between the two tbh...)

Kent>Sain

Forde>Kyle

Kieran>Oscar

Sully<Stahl

Saizo<Kaze

Red=7, Green=3

So I prefer reds I guess. If I had to pick favourites, Lukas or Mae would probably be my favourite red, leaning more Lukas, while Kaze would be probably be my favourite green.

Cain < Abel (mainly because he has more potential with the sadly unexplored relationship with Est)

Lukas < Forsyth 

Mae > Boey

Luke > Rodrick (I guess Luke is red? But Cecil is the red one, and I really like her)

Naoise > Alec

Haven't played Thracia, so no opinion

Allen > Lance

Kent > Sain

Forde > Kyle

Kieren < Oscar

Sully > Stahl

Saizo < Kaze

7 Red, 4 Green. Looks like the answer's red. Probably because it's my favorite character, and thus was the deciding factor in some cases

Hmm, I'll rank them as well.

Cain > Abel

Lukas > Forsyth

Mae < Boey

Luke < Rodrick (This one is so weird)

Naoise > Alec

Allen > Lance

Kent > Sain

Forde > Kyle

Kieren =< Oscar

Sully < Stahl (Not too fond of either tbh)

Saizo =< Kaze

Edited by SSbardock84

I think it mainly depends on the game. Half the time, I tend to like them fairly equally.

Oscar's probably my favourite overall. He's an older brother, he's a chef, he left the Royal Knights to look after Boyd and Rolf, he's a great unit in Path of Radiance; probably the second-best lance user in that game after Nephenee, and he's fairly aloof while still having plenty of personality. What's not to like?

12 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

I think it mainly depends on the game. Half the time, I tend to like them fairly equally.

Oscar's probably my favourite overall. He's an older brother, he's a chef, he left the Royal Knights to look after Boyd and Rolf, he's a great unit in Path of Radiance; probably the second-best lance user in that game after Nephenee, and he's fairly aloof while still having plenty of personality. What's not to like?

I like Oscar a lot for all of those reasons. I also very much like his supports with Tanith, and said supports boost my opinion of both characters.

1 hour ago, Etheus said:

I like Oscar a lot for all of those reasons. I also very much like his supports with Tanith, and said supports boost my opinion of both characters.

Agreed. His supports with Tanith are really good. It's one reason I'm almost a bit surprised that there wasn't a paired ending for them in Radiant Dawn.

11 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

Agreed. His supports with Tanith are really good. It's one reason I'm almost a bit surprised that there wasn't a paired ending for them in Radiant Dawn.

I absolutely ship them regardless of the existence of a paired ending. It's too perfect.

Edited by Etheus

Just now, Etheus said:

I absolutely ship them regardless of paired ending. It's too perfect.

I try to avoid shipping characters, and just go with whatever works best based on plot and character interactions (that's the reason I say "I like how Ike and Elincia were handled in the NA localization of Path of Radiance" rather than saying something like "Ike x Elincia"), but I agree. 

4 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

I try to avoid shipping characters, and just go with whatever works best based on plot and character interactions (that's the reason I say "I like how Ike and Elincia were handled in the NA localization of Path of Radiance" rather than saying something like "Ike x Elincia"), but I agree. 

What I mean to say is that back in the day when I played PoR/RD all of the time, it was a pairing that I had just assumed to be a thing. I hadn't even given it much thought, and I wasn't aware at the time that they didn't have a paired ending due to me never bringing Tanith to endgame in RD.

It's not like Radiant Dawn was especially good at pairing characters canonically (hello, Astrid and Makalov & Mist and Boyd). A lot of that comes down to the lack of a proper support conversations system in RD.

Edited by Etheus

20 minutes ago, Etheus said:

What I mean to say is that back in the day when I played PoR/RD all of the time, it was a pairing that I had just assumed to be a thing. I hadn't even given it much thought, and I wasn't aware at the time that they didn't have a paired ending due to me never bringing Tanith to endgame in RD.

It's not like Radiant Dawn was especially good at pairing characters canonically (hello, Astrid and Makalov & Mist and Boyd). A lot of that comes down to the lack of a proper support conversations system in RD.

Oh; that's what you meant. I see. Yeah; same for me. I honestly thought that there was going to be a paired ending for them and I was surprised when there wasn't. 

Astrid and Makalov is okay; I say that mainly because of their PoR support conversations among other things, but I agree about Mist and Boyd. 

Anyway, back on topic, I just realized I should probably make a list for the red knight vs green knight:

Shadow Dragon: Cain = Abel. They're both good units. As characters, well, they're never really given a chance to be characters. 

Path of Radiance: Kieran < Oscar. I like both of them as units and as characters, but Oscar's better than Kieran in both categories. 

Radiant Dawn: Didn't really use Kieran or Oscar all that much, so I can't say. 

Awakening: Sully = Stahl. Pretty much anyone can get good as units in Awakening, and in terms of characters, they're both alright, but a bit bland. 

Fates: Saizo < Kaze. As units, they're both alright, with Kaze being a bit better. As characters, well, they're Fates characters; what do you think?