Projared

Perkilator

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/18/2019 at 10:05 AM, GreatKnightEcho said:

Seriously dude? All this stuff going around and almost totally solid evidence and you still try to claim your innocence. The best thing you can do to have even the tiniest chance of saving your career is to admit you were (w)holly (get it?) in the wrong and apologize to everyone, especially Heidi.

---
kek. Stupid Jared.

EDIT: Jesus christ, I'm the same moron as the ones I hate on. Being part of cancel culture. *sigh*

Edited by This boi uses Nino

The best part is that, he didn't even acknowledge the allegations against him regarding the soliciting nudes from minors. He'll pin just about everything on his wife, but he'll ignore that little tidbit. Likely because it's more of a catch twenty-two situation here. He can't admit that he solicited nudes from minors, even if he didn't know their age, because he'll be taken to prison over it. And if he says that he didn't, there's already evidence to the contrary (although, it all seems to be simply nudes, and I don't think there's actually been anything that might show the solicited parties ages yet outside of what they've said) which will just simply get him in more trouble.

That sound you hear is me playing the world's smallest violin.  "I'm sorry to everyone I disappointed"?  That makes me ill.

3 hours ago, Dai said:

The best part is that, he didn't even acknowledge the allegations against him regarding the soliciting nudes from minors.

He did though, or atleast not in that post but he did here... shadily so though like always... ugh... 

31 minutes ago, This boi uses Nino said:

He did though, or atleast not in that post but he did here... shadily so though like always... ugh... 

I love the bit about how he doesn't remember it too well. Slimy.

1 hour ago, Dai said:

I love the bit about how he doesn't remember it too well. Slimy.

I don't know what scares me more - that he's lying about not remembering, or he actually doesn't remember. . .the latter implies that it wasn't important enough for him to remember.

How to say this...

That's one way to do things.... it could have been better too.

At least, if he's honest, he is having therapies.

10 hours ago, eclipse said:

I don't know what scares me more - that he's lying about not remembering, or he actually doesn't remember. . .the latter implies that it wasn't important enough for him to remember.

Ah, way to put a Fridge Horror, eh ? :p

Oh hey, "I'm accused of butchering an entire family last night, but I don't remember if I actually did that.", I exagerate obviously, but...
To be fair, maybe he genuinely doesn't remember and... huh yeah no, that's still weird.

Me think he's probably lying, but to be fair, with no irony this time, who would wants to say they did... that ? Honesty is best policy, but there's things that people really don't want to say, and that lead to them not saying it (shocking isn't it ?), and that lead to others being more suspicious, and more angry.
He should have been savvy enough to know that. :/

The faux pas is extreme in this one.

Edited by B.Leu

6 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

At this point, I'm having a difficult time of who is telling the complete truth. Feels like everyone is playing a game of "he said, she said" with little evidence backing their points.

Welcome to Internet drama.  Also known as "keep your personal life off the Internet".

Can't say I'm happy with both parties, since this really shouldn't be public.

Oh, so a page for this exists. Might as well drop my two cents in.

I liked ProJared as a Youtuber for his reviews and his best/worst games of the year, even his FF stuff despite me being completely foreign to the series. Last year and in late 2016 his productivity dropped outside of occasionally a D&D vid which I didn't care for so I wasn't as interested in him as much. When I heard the news of the cheating/abuse/explicit pictures, ultimately I was disappointed. However, I only eventually unsubscribed out of practicality seeing that he's probably doomed career wise. While I feel he ultimately deserves the backlash he received, I've always taken a "the art is separate from the artist" sort of guy. I'm still watch Nostalgia Critic despite what happened last year with all that went down with Channel Awesome. If I were to drop association with everyone/everything I enjoyed that had baggage of some kind, I wouldn't be left with much if not at all (especially companies like Apple, Nintendo, Disney, etc).

I feel especially bad for Ross considering the infidelity began when he was still with Holly and what very likely lead to them splitting (I always did find it odd that they kinda divorced out of nowhere), and obviously the fans who where involved in the nude stuff. Heidi is looking more flawed as time goes on, as I expected honestly since these lovers quarrels tend to devolve into the "he said/she said" sort of thing, but she doesn't have the skeletons in the closet that Jared or even Holly have.

5 hours ago, eclipse said:

Welcome to Internet drama.  Also known as "keep your personal life off the Internet".

It's a very tricky thing when it's someone with even a moderate amount of fame on the internet, especially if either the celebrity or someone involved with the celebrity instigates the drama online.  In this case, regardless of ProJared's rightness or wrongness in this, he was the one who instigated it, and in a rather rude and callous way at that.  Like Mr. Nino said, the internet is an unforgiving place, and all you'll do by bringing those skeletons out of the closet is burn everyone down including yourself.

Right now, I'm kind of in @Johann's boat on this affair.  No matter what, if Jared's either been sending nudes to or receiving nudes from a minor, Jared is the one who takes full responsibility for it.  The kid shares none; what's needed on the kid's side, whether he's lying or not, is discourse with a respectable adult on the matter, not a bunch of idiots on the internet who can't mind their own business telling him how much of a liar and/or idiot he is.  And the fact that some people are asking him to show them proof... I mean, all I can say is they need to mind their fuckin' business, 'cuz that's serious and very personal shit that dumb brown-nosers on the internet don't need to see.  It's bad enough he probably had to show that all off to authorities.

No matter what side of this you're on, one thing's for certain; those on the internet talking about it and flaming such-and-such people (no matter which people they are) are a pack of feral, rabid hyenas, and they ought to do some self-reflecting.  inb4 someone says that's an insult to hyenas

On 5/20/2019 at 10:08 AM, B.Leu said:

Oh hey, "I'm accused of butchering an entire family last night, but I don't remember if I actually did that.", I exagerate obviously, but...
To be fair, maybe he genuinely doesn't remember and... huh yeah no, that's still weird.

Yeah, it's not quite like forgetting whether you ate a sandwich or a slab of meat two weeks ago.  If he doesn't remember, that implies he doesn't think much on his crimes.

Which means he either does them regularly enough that he's become desensitized to them or he's a callous sociopath, and neither are good implications.  Or he's a pedophile who has so strongly convinced himself that soliciting minors isn't morally wrong that he thought very little of it, which is also a bad implication.  Or he's got a failing memory, which I'd question very strongly, especially if he's able to play goddamn DnD - a game where you gotta remember a lot of shit, especially if you're a DM (which I think he has done before).  He's able to remember which page in the Monster Manual he can find a Beholder, and he's able to remember what kobolds are, but not whether he asked a kid for nudes?  Yeah, I'm sorry if that sounds a little hard to believe.

Whatever the case may be, the fact that he's specifically using the "I don't remember" defense bodes very ill about these allegations.  Not many who have used it were innocent.  And that he's also having a divorce due to a crumbling relationship doesn't feel like a coincidence.

14 hours ago, eclipse said:

More like every drama in general. :p
But yeah, private is, surprisingly, supposed to be private, but then somebody start things and point finger at you, it's natural to respond to it. As unfortunate as it is, "s/he started it" is actually a valid excuse for many things in life, no matter what parents or teachers try to tell.

It's not mature, but well, not many can suffer being publicly accused of something while having millions of eyes in your direction. There's also the moral call of 'people deserve the truth', add to that everything up to the lies, the truths, the half truths, the various testimony, and voila mes amis ! You got a wonderful can of worm.

Sad affair.

16 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

It's a very tricky thing when it's someone with even a moderate amount of fame on the internet, especially if either the celebrity or someone involved with the celebrity instigates the drama online.  In this case, regardless of ProJared's rightness or wrongness in this, he was the one who instigated it, and in a rather rude and callous way at that.  Like Mr. Nino said, the internet is an unforgiving place, and all you'll do by bringing those skeletons out of the closet is burn everyone down including yourself.

I tend to hold the one who started the fire in a worse light.  I think "This is a private matter, and thus I will not comment on it publicly" is horribly underused.  No, the world doesn't NEED to know your side of the story, because it's none of their business.  Let the drama-starting piece of crap continue to spew - drama instigator's actions will speak louder than anything.

7 hours ago, B.Leu said:

More like every drama in general. :p
But yeah, private is, surprisingly, supposed to be private, but then somebody start things and point finger at you, it's natural to respond to it. As unfortunate as it is, "s/he started it" is actually a valid excuse for many things in life, no matter what parents or teachers try to tell.

It's not mature, but well, not many can suffer being publicly accused of something while having millions of eyes in your direction. There's also the moral call of 'people deserve the truth', add to that everything up to the lies, the truths, the half truths, the various testimony, and voila mes amis ! You got a wonderful can of worm.

Sad affair.

Yeah, it is sad, but when it's a private matter, only those within the matter deserve the truth.

3 hours ago, eclipse said:

I tend to hold the one who started the fire in a worse light.  I think "This is a private matter, and thus I will not comment on it publicly" is horribly underused.  No, the world doesn't NEED to know your side of the story, because it's none of their business.  Let the drama-starting piece of crap continue to spew - drama instigator's actions will speak louder than anything.

Yeah, having seen quite a number of these kinds of issues start and finish, they only ever end about moderately well if they're kept relatively private.  If someone's posting about it on social media, both sides always lose friends and good will in the "he said/she said" debates.  Plus, some people prefer to keep their own lives private, and it's exceptionally rude to disregard that.  Asking close friends for advice is reasonable, but this is far from mere advice seeking - this is full blown "I'm trying to save my own ass at the expense of others" type of crap, and that's never good even if you were 100% faithful in the relationship.

Eugh...  Relationships can never be easy.  One would think it'd be a simple matter to just love one another, but... well, I hate to use a cliche quote from a game, but I suppose as long as there's light, darkness will never fade.  And there can be no Love Without Anger.  Okay, I'll stop making references now.

Cheating on your spouse is a personal problem, but getting involved with minors is downright criminal and needs to be made public and discussed. Dude misused his position of power and it needs to be taken away from him one way or another, whether that's his fans abandoning him, or jailing his ass. Doing that also sends a message to any would-be perpetrators that you can't get away with this shit.

On 5/21/2019 at 9:15 PM, Ertrick36 said:

If he doesn't remember, that implies he doesn't think much on his crimes.

Fuck me then I guess I'm a sociopath then, it's not as simple as "He is lying" or "He doesn't think much of his crimes' severity", forgetting is a real thing. But well I guess the validity of it has gone down due to overexposure and the general consensu of people being is that it's an excuse and not a possible thing. I mean it happened 3 years ago or something right? I don't remember almost anything back then and I tended to get into a lot of trouble at school.

@Johann You would think so but bad people do it regardless, as it was previously stated they inflate their egos to think that other people failed because they were dumb.

Edited by This boi uses Nino

34 minutes ago, This boi uses Nino said:

Fuck me then I guess I'm a sociopath then, it's not as simple as "He is lying" or "He doesn't think much of his crimes' severity", forgetting is a real thing.

This argument doesn't make sense to me.  You forget small things or things that you would perceive as having little-to-no impact on you, not shit like soliciting goddamn minors.  I'd understand if he didn't remember precisely when it happened or what exactly was said, but unless he was drunk or high he should remember that he did, in some way, solicit a minor.  That is shit that can get you castrated in some places (admittedly rather archaic places, but still), and it's also shit that has a permanent psychological affect on the victim - the minor will never forget how Jared used him for his own sick perversion.

Even if Jared did forget, it makes the crime no more forgiven or forgotten by others.  Forgetting doesn't magically make the crime disappear, and it sure as hell doesn't make you out to be a saint.  If he did commit this crime, Jared's a scumbag no matter how you slice it, and no matter how much "forgetting" he did.

23 hours ago, Johann said:

Cheating on your spouse is a personal problem, but getting involved with minors is downright criminal and needs to be made public and discussed.

In case there's any confusion, when I was talking about privacy/proof being protected I meant for the sake of the minor, not Jared.  Jared needs to be outed as publicly as possible without further violating his victim's standing and privacy.

1 hour ago, This boi uses Nino said:

@Johann You would think so but bad people do it regardless, as it was previously stated they inflate their egos to think that other people failed because they were dumb.

Bad people do things regardless, sure, but it's not about stopping the blatantly bad, it's about preventing the potentially bad and mitigating the blatantly bad so their crimes aren't so wide spread.

Enough celebrities get away with shit that it's become common place for them to abuse their power to get away with more shit.  That needs to be put to an abrupt halt sooner or later because power, fame, and money should not be what decides whether you're deserving of forgiveness and mercy.

23 hours ago, This boi uses Nino said:

You would think so but bad people do it regardless, as it was previously stated they inflate their egos to think that other people failed because they were dumb.

@Ertrick36's response above sums it up

20 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

In case there's any confusion, when I was talking about privacy/proof being protected I meant for the sake of the minor, not Jared.  Jared needs to be outed as publicly as possible without further violating his victim's standing and privacy.

Agreed on all points

On 5/24/2019 at 7:59 AM, This boi uses Nino said:

I mean it happened 3 years ago or something right? I don't remember almost anything back then and I tended to get into a lot of trouble at school.

I probably broke some minor rules three years ago.  But I doubt it's on the same scale as asking for someone to willingly give up something that's both personal and illegal.  Whatever you did probably didn't carry the possibility of a lifetime label and a jail sentence.

21 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

Enough celebrities get away with shit that it's become common place for them to abuse their power to get away with more shit.  That needs to be put to an abrupt halt sooner or later because power, fame, and money should not be what decides whether you're deserving of forgiveness and mercy.

Power, fame, and money can't be above the law, either.  Forgiveness/mercy are personal - the legal system should care about enforcing the law, not about whether or not someone can pay their way out of it.

3 hours ago, eclipse said:

Whatever you did probably didn't carry the possibility of a lifetime label and a jail sentence.

Ok that's true

Well, the tweet @This boi uses Nino posted is gone, so we have to off of memory now. Don't have much to add that hasn't been brought up already. The excuse that he "doesn't remember" would work in a different context, but here it just makes him look worse no matter which way you cut it. And while the claim that he tried to check if the other person was over the age of 18 is understandable, given how easy it is for people to lie about their age on the internet, that does not excuse him soliciting nudes and manipulating fans for his own ends.

Out of question, what is the legal process for arresting someone who committed crimes mostly (if not entirely) online? I remember last year that a member of a different youtube community found out to be a pedophile and had lied and manipulated others regarding being one. Some other youtubers had investigated the issue, and stated that they would send the evidence to the authorities, but I'm not certain what happened afterwards. Especially when there were some comments elsewhere later in the year about the same person trying to sneak onto Discord servers.

On 5/28/2019 at 7:26 PM, Hawkwing said:

And while the claim that he tried to check if the other person was over the age of 18 is understandable, given how easy it is for people to lie about their age on the internet, that does not excuse him soliciting nudes and manipulating fans for his own ends.

I mean this is something that must be brought up, given how easy it is to lie abut your age whilst proJared was soliciting nudes which is pretty bad this could mean that He thought Chai was over 18 due to well what you mentioned.