New event calendar (May-June 2019)

DarkAlf

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Eh sure maybe it was at one point, but it quickly devolves into bitching when that’s all one does.

Just because you’re mad that Julia or whoever else got rejected in favor of more popular characters doesn’t mean everyone else should be too.

Have I given the impression that this is about Julia not being in the banner? If so I didn't mean for that to be the case. After all, I do like Tiki and she's in the banner, she's one of my favorites so that was never the issue. And yes, I did say I was salty about her not being in the banner but that was days ago wasn't it? I'm not about to be that angry over a banner in a gacha game.

I honestly thought it was just odd and even surprising how different the reaction was between the amount of alts between certain characters. That's all really. 

@Jave @Gregster101 @Landmaster @Sasori @NSSKG151

All of you have brought up good points. 

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if I'm not happy when they give alts to the same five/six characters over and over again, I wasn't particularly bothered with Tiki and Corrin because I find those alts to be fit for them. The fact that Tiki might loose control of her power is something important for her character, so I was happy to see this alternate version. For Corrin is not as important, but it's still a pretty relevant scene in Fates. Since they plan the game several months earlier, though, I think they could consider with more attention the characters that will get alts. Why giving young Tiki a summer alt if they gave her a legendary one two months later and a fallen one ten months later?  They could have chosen somebody else. The same for Camilla, Lucina, Lyn...

1 hour ago, Sasori said:

But anyway my safe bets for brides are Severa and L'arachel. Severa has the character type for it and L'arachel is a popular sacred stones character that has her wedding mentioned.

I would literally shank a man for this. I hope you’re right

1 hour ago, Landmaster said:

They record these things months in advance so unless Camillas's Seiyuu has been on maternity leave for that long, Bride Camilla is perfectly possible.

She’s been on maternity leave since July of last year I believe. Then again I’m not much into the seiyuu scene so I dunno if that’s changed 

I've seen some people say they voted for Camilla because they wanted her to finally get a serious alt. Which seems a bit flimsy to me personally, but I think it's worth recognizing that it's a thing.

5 minutes ago, Yukiko said:

Even if I'm not happy when they give alts to the same five/six characters over and over again, I wasn't particularly bothered with Tiki and Corrin because I find those alts to be fit for them. The fact that Tiki might loose control of her power is something important for her character, so I was happy to see this alternate version. For Corrin is not as important, but it's still a pretty relevant scene in Fates. Since they plan the game several months earlier, though, I think they could consider with more attention the characters that will get alts. Why giving young Tiki a summer alt if they gave her a legendary one two months later and a fallen one ten months later?  They could have chosen somebody else. The same for Camilla, Lucina, Lyn...

I'd like for Lukas to loose control in a naughty way...

Also can we get a banner with the them of "Fehdemption". Basicly bad guys going full rogue hero/good mode? Imagining Arvis as a good guy... nah that takes away half of the fun about him ._.

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

I've seen some people say they voted for Camilla because they wanted her to finally get a serious alt. Which seems a bit flimsy to me personally, but I think it's worth recognizing that it's a thing.

That would involve some plastic surgery, in the reverse sense of things.

I mean Sonya: I can take serious

Camilla: uuuuh something went terribly bad there.

Edited by Hilda

4 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I don't know why anyone would expect a Bride Camilla when not only does she have tons of alts and and backlash already, but will also be getting a Brave alt that she never should've gotten.

Because Camilla already got tons of alts and a blacklash before, and it didn't stop hotspring Camilla from appearing. More Camilla's is always a very safe bet because she seems a particular favorite of the dev team. 

And lets face it, putting on a wedding dress and fantasizing about Corrin is definitely something Camilla would do. So at least it would be fitting. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

7 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Because Camilla already got tons of alts and a blacklash before, and it didn't stop hotspring Camilla from appearing. More Camilla's is always a very safe bet because she seems a particular favorite of the dev team. 

And lets face it, putting on a wedding dress and fantasizing about Corrin is definitely something Camilla would do. So at least it would be fitting. 

Hot Spring Camilla wasn't a banner unit though. Another banner Camilla probably would not make as much money as previous banner Camillas.

I guess you're right on that second point though, even if it's creepy as shit.

Edited by Anacybele

40 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Now, hold on. A serious depiction of Camilla is absolutely possible, and her figure doesn't change that.

The real issue is IS wanting to go for it, which seems highly unlikely.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

Now, hold on. A serious depiction of Camilla is absolutely possible, and her figure doesn't change that.

The real issue is IS wanting to go for it, which seems highly unlikely.

It is, and Kozaki himself has even drawn one, but it still did change her figure. Her bust was smaller.

16 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

It is, and Kozaki himself has even drawn one, but it still did change her figure. Her bust was smaller.

If there's one thing I'd be grateful for when it comes to brave Camilla is the Kozaki himself would be the one doing the artwork in all likelihood which is good. He'll give her the respect she deserves. 

Edited by Ottservia

1 minute ago, Ottservia said:

If there's one thing I'd be grateful for when it comes to brave Camilla is the Kozaki himself would be the one doing the artwork in all likelihood which is good. He'll give her the respect she deserves. 

If he's not forced to do a specific design for her, yes. I mean, he still drew Camilla for Fates and he couldn't freely design her armor/outfit and all. Only the character wearing it.

To all the people wondering why exactly people voted for Camilla in CYL3, I think you are failing to consider two important elements. 

1. She was pretty much robbed by Veronica in CYL 2. Her fans didn't take that well and salt for a loss can last an entire year. It was a given that they would double their efforts next time. Plus people like me who like both Veronica and Camilla and felt guilty for defeating a favorite (imagine how fans of both Eliwood and Marth must feel after CYL 3).

2. CYL 3 felt very "now or never" as a contest. Because we knew that 3 Houses would take up to 3 spots in CYL 4, if not the entire podium. We Camilla fans aren't stupid. We know that about a third of her voters only like her because of her looks, and they WILL jump boat to the next good looking woman in the new game. We knew that in CYL 4 we couldn't capitalize on the casual fans anymore, and with only the true fans backing her up she would have gotten like fifth place or something. Same thing for CYL 5 and onward.

You can say "Camilla shouldn't have won", but that's pretty much all you can say. You can't say "she didn't win" or that only the developers like her, not the actual fans of the series. A victory is a victory and can't become a loss. I can't speak for anyone but myself on that front but in the middle of the fight I forgot there was a prize at the end. It wasn't about the alt at that point. It was about the challenge, about the glory. I simply wanted my faction to win against a fearsome opponent (and I must thank the angry mob for being a tough opponent who was worthy of all the efforts) because... I simply wanted to win. It amazes me how emotional CYL 3 made me. It really felt like I was fighting for myself, to prove something, not for a silly popularity contest. The game could have died a month later and I still would have felt as good about Camilla's victory as I feel now.

1 hour ago, GrandeRampel said:

To all the people wondering why exactly people voted for Camilla in CYL3, I think you are failing to consider two important elements. 

1. She was pretty much robbed by Veronica in CYL 2. Her fans didn't take that well and salt for a loss can last an entire year. It was a given that they would double their efforts next time. Plus people like me who like both Veronica and Camilla and felt guilty for defeating a favorite (imagine how fans of both Eliwood and Marth must feel after CYL 3).

2. CYL 3 felt very "now or never" as a contest. Because we knew that 3 Houses would take up to 3 spots in CYL 4, if not the entire podium. We Camilla fans aren't stupid. We know that about a third of her voters only like her because of her looks, and they WILL jump boat to the next good looking woman in the new game. We knew that in CYL 4 we couldn't capitalize on the casual fans anymore, and with only the true fans backing her up she would have gotten like fifth place or something. Same thing for CYL 5 and onward.

You can say "Camilla shouldn't have won", but that's pretty much all you can say. You can't say "she didn't win" or that only the developers like her, not the actual fans of the series. A victory is a victory and can't become a loss. I can't speak for anyone but myself on that front but in the middle of the fight I forgot there was a prize at the end. It wasn't about the alt at that point. It was about the challenge, about the glory. I simply wanted my faction to win against a fearsome opponent (and I must thank the angry mob for being a tough opponent who was worthy of all the efforts) because... I simply wanted to win. It amazes me how emotional CYL 3 made me. It really felt like I was fighting for myself, to prove something, not for a silly popularity contest. The game could have died a month later and I still would have felt as good about Camilla's victory as I feel now.

Yeah, CYL3 felt very "now or never" compared to the previous two CYLs because of the fact that Three Houses would be out by the time CYL4 came around. Like, there's a reason seemingly everyone campaigned for Alm in CYL3 because they wanted IS to finally give him an alt and some attention because if he didn't win that year, he would've faced heavy competition with some of the main characters from Three Houses like Claude and Dmitri in CYL4.

People seem to overestimate how much Three Houses will change things. It'll contribute like four new serious competitors... which is exactly the same number that get taken out each year. It's pretty likely to get both a male and female winner, but anything more than that seems like a stretch. It'll be popular, but all the main characters will be drawing from the same pool of votes. There will also inevitably be a lot of people who don't like it or its main characters, and they'll rally behind non-Three Houses units.

7 hours ago, Hekselka said:

The entire concept of CYL is selfish if you ask me.

The concept of CYL is far from selfish on the part of IS. It's the only time we're given a say as to who gets a version in Heroes. Not to mention getting a free 5-star unit AND having some kind of choice.

The selfishness lies with the fans who vote for any character that already has alts, or that IS will inevitably give alts to anyway. The "need" for a character to win CYL diminishes with every version added.

I'm honestly disappointed that there hasn't been as big of a backlash to the Fallen Heroes pt. 2 banner as there has been with Eirika or Lyn's last alt. Corrin and Tiki both have a decent amount of alts and should have gotten more flak.

My expectations are so low that even one Thracia character being on the banner is a pass mark.

Edited by Baldrick

I wouldn't complain about a new Camilla. I probably would complain about a new flying Camilla. Seems to defeat the purpose of alts if they're all so similar to the base unit. Her alts aren't quite as boringly repetitive as Hector's or Celica's, but she only needs to look at her older brother to see what an interesting variety of alts looks like. Lyn alts are good too as they're pretty much all distinct from one another.

56 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

The selfishness lies with the fans who vote for any character that already has alts, or that IS will inevitably give alts to anyway. The "need" for a character to win CYL diminishes with every version added.

The "need" for a character to win CYL diminishes the moment they win CYL. Or at least the moment they get a legendary version, since they are kind of similar to CYL winners with their unique skill and epic clothing+weapons.

And since Camilla will never get a legendary alt before her brother Xander (which with how long he has been waiting for it may as well mean NEVER) her fans are not unreasonable to ask for a Brave one. I will never agree with calling the Camilla voters "selfish". 

5 hours ago, Hilda said:

Challenge accepted. I have a couple hours before I leave back to home tomorrow,  I can sketch out a serious  Camilla. Great Knight? Paladin? Hypothetical Nohrian Queen? Wielding Siegfried? Brynhildr? Bolverk? Tons of ideas. 

1 hour ago, Baldrick said:

The concept of CYL is far from selfish on the part of IS. It's the only time we're given a say as to who gets a version in Heroes. Not to mention getting a free 5-star unit AND having some kind of choice.

Again, there's nothing selfish on voting for who you like. Whether a character has two dozen alts or is not even in the game shouldn't be used as an argument to shame others for who they choose to vote.

I mean, my plan for CYL4 was to give Mareeta all my votes now that Micaiah is out of the run. Now that Mareeta got added, am I selfish for choosing to stick to that plan? Should I be "empathetic" and pick someone else who isn't in the game yet? Does anyone legitimately care who I vote for? Or am I going to be shamed by multiple people on this forum and other communities for sticking to what I think is the proper thing to do?

I've already been called selfish twice in this thread. It sucks that this is even a thing in this community.

9 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Then those people are selfish when their favorites are already getting a bunch of alts.

My favorites don't even exist in the game, so anyone whose favorite character is in the game is selfish for voting for their favorites in CYL.

This is terrible logic.  I'm not going to fault everyone else for my own tastes.  I know full well that my characters probably won't see the light of day.

9 hours ago, Gregster101 said:

I am very sick of Camilla getting so many variants, but I'm not gonna shame anyone who voted for her cuz they like her. The only people I will glare an eye at are those who voted for Camilla out of spite. In my opinion, if a character has enough versions of themself to full a form team, that's a good time to stop with the alts.

That's also a guaranteed way to lose money, since that would axe several Fates units.

7 hours ago, Gregster101 said:

People were simply too distracted by Fallen Berkut and Mareeta finally being added to notice the 7th Corrin and 5th Tiki alts. That's my take on it.

Nope, I saw 'em, and I commented on them.  It's also why I'm not pulling colorless.

6 hours ago, Hilda said:

Also can we get a banner with the them of "Fehdemption". Basicly bad guys going full rogue hero/good mode? Imagining Arvis as a good guy... nah that takes away half of the fun about him ._.

Spoiler

Arvis, circa second generation. :P:

7 minutes ago, Jave said:

I've already been called selfish twice in this thread. It sucks that this is even a thing in this community.

I would not put too much weight on what strangers over the Internet thinks. I vote for whoever the hell I want.

I voted for Awakening!Anna with all my phone and computer browsers until midterm results came out, and then I switched all my browsers to vote for Camilla, except Chrome on my phone which I stuck with Awakening!Anna.

4 hours ago, GrandeRampel said:

1. She was pretty much robbed by Veronica in CYL 2.

Eirika was robbed even harder since she absolutely would have won 2nd place, even over Camilla, if not for a poorly-timed alt on the SS banner.

I think the units I absolutely WANT for the next Bridal Banner are:

Groom Eliwood
Groom Brom
Groom Sigurd
Bride Deirdre
Bride Eirika PURELY because Awakening DLC
Bride Florina

Edited by Fire Emblem Fan

It's not worth getting salty over IS adding another Camilla alt when you can just simply not spend orbs on her or just see her as a combat unit (unlikely as most of the time, some 3-4* unit can do the same job, if not better!) or as a fodder unit.

May/June is going to be the month for me as I'm gonna shoot for Bride Lyn merges. Also been HM farming a lot so I, at the time of writing this, have over 700K feathers piled up. Gonna figure out what to do with them once I complete the final two Blessed Grounds runs.

3 hours ago, Baldrick said:

My expectations are so low that even one Thracia character being on the banner is a pass mark.

I should have specified that when I said that, that I meant it from a fan perspective and not from IS. I'm selfish as well. With every vote I give to Julia, Tine or Sara I'm not giving a vote to Will, Brom, Wolf, Tomas or Roshea thus making the chance that they'll get released in Heroes smaller and smaller and those are just random unpopular FE characters that came to mind.