Intro Doodad

Spikkle

Hello, I'm Spikkle. I'm 27, have a background in both english lit. and computer programming, and outside of videogames my hobbies include small writing and coding projects and learning japanese. I have a particular interest lately in visual novels, which neatly combine all of those interests.

I'm still pretty new to the FE series; though I picked up Sacred Stones with the 3DS Ambassador Program back in 2011 (christ that's longer ago than I expected), played it to the end and enjoyed it a lot, I have only recently dipped my toes back in after a long absence. I finished Awakening for the first time a couple of weeks ago and am trying a Hard difficulty run now. I also started Fates on Hard, but it's...a lot more demanding, heh. Probably not going back to that until I've actually finished beating Awakening on Hard.

I look forward to discussing these unique and fascinating games with you all!

Welcome to the Forest, Spikkle!

1 hour ago, Spikkle said:

I look forward to discussing these unique and fascinating games with you all!

With the amount of stuff we will got from the upcoming release of Three Houses, there is going to be a lot  to discuss for sure.

Have a nice day and enjoy your stay!

6 minutes ago, KevinskyHaaz said:

Welcome Spikkle!

I saw this right after you replied to my comments on Tales of Phantasia so I figured I'd say happy to have ya here now!

Thanks! Phantasia was probably my earliest experience with the JRPG genre so it's fair to say it left a big impression on me, even if the other games in that particular series have largely escaped me. Been looking into Symphonia a bit and I didn't realise that's the one that Lloyd is from (who only I know as "the one character people won't shut up about putting in Smash Bros.") I still have a Wii kicking around so I'll have to see if I can rustle up a copy at my local CeX (I'm almost certain I've seen one in there).

4 hours ago, Spikkle said:

Thanks! Phantasia was probably my earliest experience with the JRPG genre so it's fair to say it left a big impression on me, even if the other games in that particular series have largely escaped me. Been looking into Symphonia a bit and I didn't realise that's the one that Lloyd is from (who only I know as "the one character people won't shut up about putting in Smash Bros.") I still have a Wii kicking around so I'll have to see if I can rustle up a copy at my local CeX (I'm almost certain I've seen one in there).

Haha, yeah I never wanted him in Smash, but I understand why people do want him so badly. He's cool as all hell. Symphonia is easily just one of the best story experiences I have had in my whole JRPG career. It is right up there with Golden Sun for character development and just overall narrative. Simply put: It's amazing. A videogame/cinematic masterpiece in my eyes. However, it is long as hell (two game disks) and somewhat difficult. The gameplay is alot of fun though, same system as Phantasia where you get to control Lloyd like you did Cress and your allies do their own thing (but you choose their spells and such if you want). 

If you're like me though, than I hope you absolutely adored how real the characters in Phantasia felt. Arche and Claus and Chester, you name em'. They all felt so real with their own goals and lives. Symphonia is the same way except even more extreme. Party members leave you and rejoin at different times because all of them have their own role in the world. The worldbuilding is just incredible. I hope you manage to play it :D