E3 2019 - Hopes/Expectations

Anacybele

I haven't seen a thread for E3 yet, and it's a month away! What do you hope or expect to see there?

I only follow Nintendo in this, so I'm going to watch the Direct and probably some Treehouse stuff. And hope I'm not scheduled to work during the Direct. :P

I expect to see the next Smash Ultimate DLC character revealed. As for what I hope (and some of this I also kinda expect):

- LUIGI'S MANSION 3 INFO PLEEEEEASE! All we have right now is one short trailer and a release window of 2019. We need a new big trailer, an actual release date, and some other details, like where the heck is Professor E. Gadd. This is what I really want the most! Also, I think I can expect it too, because, well, this game is coming this year at some point and we're almost halfway through 2019. So unless there's going to be some weird delay, we should be guaranteed to get more info on this one.
- Pokemon Sword/Shield trailer and a new Pokemon or two
- Paper Mario Switch announcement
- Fire Emblem Warriors 2 with Ike being the initially revealed character a la Chrom in the first game due to his popularity
- FE: Three Houses info
- FE Tellius HD remake (probably wishful thinking here, we'd likely just get a straight port instead if this happens)
- It might not be too early for the next big 3D Mario title to at least be teased, especially if it's a Super Mario Odyssey 2 like when Galaxy got a sequel. At the very least, they could confirm that it's in development.
- Zelda: Skyward Sword HD (I recall hearing a rumor awhile back that the LA remake is not the only Zelda game coming this year, so I can hope)

And if not Skyward Sword HD, I'd love to see another Four Sword Zelda game, but that's never gonna happen... I'd also love to see Princess Daisy get her own game a la Super Princess Peach, but I doubt that's ever gonna happen too.

But yeah, my biggest thing is Luigi's Mansion 3. I've waited years for this game to happen! I NEED IT NINTENDO!

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do I expect:

• Damage control from Bethesda for their recent failures
  • More Assassins Creed/ open world games from Ubisoft
  • EA is going to violate another franchise
  • Anthem damage control
  • The next Smash Bros dlc fighter
  • More ports from older consoles to the Switch
  • Bunch of "Work in progress — Does not represent the final look of the game."
  • Nintendo bringing back an old series.

I don't expect too much from this year's E3. Not going to be the same with Sony out.

Edited by Jingle Jangle

I agree on only being interested in the Nintendo show for this, I used to follow the whole conference religiously but my interest in it has waned significantly and I suspect I'm not the only one. Might have something to do with the fact that I've mostly been gaming almost exclusively on PC lately, whereas before I owned and regularly played a number of consoles.

For me, news about SWSH is top of the bill. While SM and LGPE seriously dented my confidence in the franchise's future, this game looks like it was engineered to appeal to me. It's basically set in my home country, the starters look awesome, and they've been saying from the start that will be a game for the more hardcore fans of the series.

As OP said new Smash DLC is another big one and I don't even own it, lol. I just love following the Smash scene nowadays, it's great seeing everybody's reactions to new reveals and Smash tournament play is one of the only esports I get properly excited about.

I'm also interested to see the indie lineup this year, mostly because I like seeing these weird games, some of which I might even recognise, reach the massive audience provided to them by listing on Nintendo's and others' storefronts. Anyone who does that has officially made it against the odds, and I'm seriously happy for them.

1 minute ago, NinjaMonkey said:

I've had this prepared for over a week now...

Hide contents

3gLi3cZ.png?1

This looks hella fun. I'mma nick it and make one too.

Yep, that sounds about right, NinjaMonkey. lol For Nintendo anyway, I can't say anything on the rest.

I updated my list with a few things I missed. :P

Edited by Anacybele

I am also mainly interested in Nintendo,  but will definitely check out the summaries of the other conferences at least.

--Nintendo
-Pokemon Sword and Shield info
-FE: Three Houses info
-Luigi's Mansion 3 info
-Switch Indie highlight reel 
-Smash Bros. DLC Character reveal
-Animal Crossing info
-Link's Awakening

--Not Nintendo
-Halo info of some sort. (Either Halo 6 or a release date on when the MCC is releasing on Steam.)
-More Final Fantasy VII Remake info
-Octopath Mobile info
-Maybe a rather early trailer for Octopath 2 (It was said to already be in development when the Mobile game was announced... if I recall correctly.)
-Maybe Kingdom Hearts 3 info regarding another update.

Edited by Puzzle044
Ah of course, Link's Awakening!

What I want to see at E3:

Final trailer for Fire Emblem Three Houses.

Another Smash Bros Ultimate character reveal.

Shin Megami Tensei V.

Cyperpunk 2077.

Avengers Project.

Rocksteady's next game.

Monolith Soft's next Xenoblade.

Final Fantasy 7 remake.

Greedfall.

Biomutant.

Theres to much to cover but off the top of my head

- Three houses info

- Pokemon sword and shield info

- Some kinda Zelda game

- Final fantasy 7 

- The last of us part 2 info

- Death stranding info and gameplay

- An FE remake 

- Ghost of tsushima 

1 hour ago, Etheus said:

What I want to see at E3:

Final trailer for Fire Emblem Three Houses.

Another Smash Bros Ultimate character reveal.

Shin Megami Tensei V.

These are really the only three I can get excited about.

I do feel Shin Megami Tensei V has respectable chances of showing up at E3 if Atlus isn't planning on showing off too many of its new Persona games.  It's been almost two years since the last teaser we got for the game and Shin Megami Tensei IV and IV: Apocalypse both showed up at E3 at some point, so I think we're just about due for new information soon.

What I am sure about : Smash DLC fighter reveal and FE Three Houses trailer.

What I am really hoping for but I am not so sure will be shown:

SMT V release date and new trailer ( really thinking this won't happen)

Bayonnetta 3 trailer with some info about the story line, but I am not expecting a release date yet

something from Monolith soft, but I don't think it will be Xenoblade 

Those three if any of them happen would make me happy.

1 hour ago, Etheus said:

Monolith Soft's next Xenoblade.

10 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

something from Monolith soft, but I don't think it will be Xenoblade 

Yeah, i don't think we're getting a new Xenoblade announced at E3. What's more likely to get announced is that medieval fantasy IP they've been working on for the past two years. Though i wouldn't be surprised if a Xenoblade X Switch port gets announced. But in terms of an actual new Xenoblade game? Probably not.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Anyways, beyond whatever Monolith Soft has in store for us, i'd also like to see Rune Factory 4 Special. Rune Factory 4 on the 3DS was great but the Switch has pretty much prevented me from pulling my 3DS out of the closet. So with RF4 Special, i can finally play the game again. Ideally, they'd show something from Rune Factory 5 but Marvelous has stated that it isn't likely to come out before April 2020 so that game is still a ways off. They could show something but i'd doubt it. They'd probably wanna focus on Rune Factory 4 Special. From the indie scene, if it isn't shown off before then, i'd like to see Gunvolt Chronicles: Luminous Avenger iX. It's been over a year since Inti Creates announced it and we haven't really gotten any news since. It's my most anticipated indie game of the year. Daemon x Machina and Astral Chain are also two things i'm very much looking forward to.

Then there's the no-brainer picks. We're definitely going to see Three Houses and whoever the second and maybe third Fighter Pass characters are. Looking forward to those too.

Nintendo wise, really all I am hoping to see is Mario Maker 2, more Three Houses information and Smash Ultimate DLC. Mario Maker 2 is easily going to be my favorite game for 2019 and I am just waiting to hear more about it. Can't wait to see all the amazing levels and troll levels people come up with. Still not really sold on Three Houses yet since I am still on the fence about the art style and the whole academy thing. As for Smash Ultimate DLC I am actually predicting they will announce two DLC fighters this time around. The first will be a first party character announced at the beginning of the Direct and will be available to download later that day and the other will be a third party announced at the very end of the Direct but won't be available until September/October.

Oh yeah, Pokémon Sword/Shield is also coming out this year so Treehouse will probably show off gameplay of those games too like they do every year.

For non-Nintendo stuff I wonder if Atlus will reveal more information about Persona 5 Scramble. Igarashi might also try one more push for Bloodstained before it released because it is coming out sometime after E3. Yacht Game's Cyber Shadow also looked like a really interesting platforming game and I hope to see more of it soon.

So really what I want to see are:

• Super Mario Maker 2
  • FE: Three Houses
  • Smash Ultimate DLC
  • Pokémon Sword/Shield
  • Persona 5 Scramble
  • Cyber Shadow
  • Bloodstained Ritual of the Night
Edited by NSSKG151

• Animal Crossing (the star of the show)
  • Fighters Pass character 2 (available immediately after presentation) and maybe character 3 (releasing a few months later)
  • Trailers for Mario Maker 2, Three Houses (and DLC), Weegee's Mansion 3, and Link's Awakening remake
  • We'll probably get Sword and Shield information before E3, so I don't expect too much in the direct
  • No Fire Emblem Warriors 2, because they'll want to wait until Three Houses has been out for a while (so they can pull popular characters from it)
  • Nothing from Monolith Soft
  • Still no Pikmin 4
  • Miscellaneous new games
Edited by Lightchao42

Eh, honestly not really expecting anything or am hyped about E3, but then again I don't tend to watch the mainstream gaming news. What I'll do during E3 is marathon through the Nintendo stuff while its live (Direct, Treehouse, etc). The other stuff I'll catch up on based off of word of mouth or what the Operation Rainfall and GameXplain guys cover for E3.

If I were to sit down and make some predictions/hopes though...

- Nintendo seems focused on stuff for the rest of 2019. There might be a teaser or two for big projects in 2020, but the main focus is probably software for 2019.
- New Smash DLC character reveal (May be Dragon Quest due to previous rumors. A part of me is hoping for Banjo-Kazooie to show up, but that seems to be more of a "Western" character than a global one. Then again, Dragon Quest seems to be targeted more towards the JP audience, unless DQ is also big in the West. I have no idea.)

- Info on Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles for Switch (Don't remember if it was slated for 2019 or 2020.)
- Info about Nintendo Mobile titles (To give attention to Nintendo's mobile games, I guess)
- Info about Fire Emblem Three Houses (Probably the biggest thing for me, unless Fire Emblem gets its own Direct before E3 for some reason.)

- C&C Remastered Showcase (Not Nintendo, but if EA is going to be around E3, it makes sense to showcase C&C Remastered to the world here. I expect a gameplay trailer and, dare I say it, a teaser for remastered/remade FMVs. Kane Lives! Just don't **** it up EA, although I never trusted them in the first place...)

Crazy Nonsense Stuffs
- Miitopia for Switch. Originally a 3DS title that was a basically a Mii RPG, it looked and played better than it had every right to be. I only messed around with the Demo, but a part of me would love to see a port to Switch so I can purchase and play it there.
- Hyrule Warriors 2 for Switch. Problem is, I think the devs may have their hands full with other projects, so I see this unlikely.
- Xenoblade Chronicles X for Switch. A man can dream, okay?
- SNES/N64 Nintendo Online Games. We now have SNES and N64 games available instead of just NES that everyone seen for the millionth time...

I honestly don't care much for Animal Crossing, so if that is the main showcase then I personally won't get much out of it. At least the AC fans may be satisfied since I believe they've been clamoring for a new game for some time.

I'm not super hyped for E3 this year, or really any years honestly. That doesn't mean I'm not looking forward to anything though:

• Smash Bros DLC Character Reveal (The Big One-Fingers Crossed for Doom Slayer ;):)
  • Fire Emblem Three Houses
  • DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!
  • Shin Megami Tensei V. C'mon Atlus, come through for us!
  • Bayonetta 3

And if I'm really, really, really lucky:

• Ninja Gaiden 4.

Off the top of my head:

• Something Rune Factory related (probably Special since 5 isn't coming out until next year)
  • Three Houses
  • Smash DLC
  • Pokemon Sword/Shield
  • Bayonetta 3

...That's about it.

Well, Mario Maker 2 is not going to be in E3. Because of this.

Surprising, honestly. I don't remember them ever doing a Direct for anything this close to E3.

Edited by Anacybele

5 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Maybe Nintendo will actually win an E3 this year

Winning an E3 is pretty subjective. To me, Nintendo DID win E3 last year. Whereas Bethesda, who other people said won last year, really just revealed a terrible mobile game, a terrible online survival game, and two title teasers with no gameplay footage. Their only real highlight being Doom, which, yes, could be great. But it also didn't have real footage.

20 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

https://gematsu.com/2019/05/pc-gaming-show-2019-announces-first-participants

"The Epic Games Store headlines this year’s lineup as a sponsor, and will reveal “brand new material for several games, including some exclusives, coming to the Epic Games store."

Oof. Can't say I didn't expect this but looks like I can safely tune out of about 90% of that show.