E3 2019 - Hopes/Expectations

Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Did you read anything I said? I was never one of the TWW art style haters. You do not speak for me here.

I didn't even refer to you. I was pointing out how it's absolutely hilarious how the community didn't learn it's lesson. This whole thing isn't exclusive to you. Chill out. 

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Roland said:

I didn't even refer to you. I was pointing out how it's absolutely hilarious how the community didn't learn it's lesson. This whole thing isn't exclusive to you. Chill out. 

You seemed to post it because of a conversation involving me and I was the only person who expressed dislike for the LA remake's style. But sorry for the mistake anyway.

Edited by Anacybele

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

...LADX The Travels of Link Photo 5.pngHeads Up

I'd hope something like the Photo Shop returns, even though we already have screenshots with the Switch. Something has to fill in that otherwise empty space, and I expect something new will, but what I do not know.

They should eventually. I'd rather they used ALBW's aesthetics, but I'd take any form of OoX remakes. Ideally they could give us a brand new Oracle of Courage to boot.

Zelda isn't all about the big titles- the OoTs, WWs, TPs, SS, and BotWs. The petite Zeldas might not get the same resources, but they've still got love in them. Nintendo can certainly crank out one or two of these miniblins to every hulking hinox. And I want a very modern Adventure of Link sequel.

I have no real expectations, only light hopes at most.

That's them! Those pictures are great, hoping to see them again! I dont mind what style they use, I just want to see them again.

Edited by lightcosmo

I don't get as hyped as I used to be with games, so there would probably not be 5/5 Hype by default.

In saying this, what I am eager to look out for would be: (Hype: 4/5)

• Persona 5 Scramble
  • 13 Sentinels Aegis Rim Dammit, Sony's not coming?!
  • Persona 5 Royal Dammit, this one's off the table too?!
  • Final Fantasy 7 remake
  • TMSFE Switch version - Now I'm not holding my breath, but if it does come, defying all odds, then...

What I am interested in seeing (though not to the point of being glued to the screen) would be (Hype 3/5):

• Shin Megami Tensei 5
  • Actually, basically any story-heavy RPG from Atlus or Vanillaware will be guarranteed here, if not higher
  • An FE Jugdral remake
  • Pokemon Colosseum remake

What I may check at some point, as I haven't ruled out buying (Hype 2/5):

• Pokemon Sword and Shield
  • Fire Emblem Three Houses

Won't buy, but a bit curious nevertheless (Hype 1/5):

• Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - for old time's sake. However, if the story or backstory gets modernised and attains the epicness and elabouration of Skyward Sword, then my Hype level will jump up to 3/5.

Not interested (Hype 0/5):

• Anything not listed above

I have to admit, I'm not necessarily all that crazy for Nintendo as much as I used to.

Edited by henrymidfields

1 hour ago, henrymidfields said:

What I am interested in seeing (though not to the point of being glued to the screen) would be (Hype 3/5):

• An FE Jugdral remake

I severely doubt we're going to get a Jugdral remake revealed at E3, especially when Three Houses is so near.

21 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

I severely doubt we're going to get a Jugdral remake revealed at E3, especially when Three Houses is so near.

It'll be a really nice surprise, though. I've been disrancing myself away from the series in the past 2-3 years because of the utter lack of focus on political and geographic backstories that I used to see in older titles. It's to the point where I want to see a Jugdral/Tellius/Elibe remake more than a new title.

Just gonna throw out there that even though Mario Maker had a Direct, I don't think that'll rule out a brief trailer or something else at E3.

15 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Well, Pokemon is getting a Direct on the 5th, so I guess they're not going to have much if anything at E3. ?

3 hours ago, NoirCore said:

Just gonna throw out there that even though Mario Maker had a Direct, I don't think that'll rule out a brief trailer or something else at E3.

I'd expect both to be streamed in the days after the Direct. Mario Maker is probably going to make up like 30% of the content since they can show off making a level, or just playing some pre-built levels from employees

Well it looks like that Avenger's project developed by Square Enix is finally getting a proper announcement. I can't say I have any particular opinions on this game since we know next to nothing about it, but hopefully it turns out to be something interesting. Though I wouldn't be surprised if it's just another safe "just like the movies, but now it's a game" cash grab.

https://twitter.com/PlayAvengers/status/1133750125665239041

since Larian released a teaser I'm figuring either Divinity Original Sin 3 or Baldur's Gate 3 are going to be revealed at some point, which I'm excited for either way.

https://www.pcgamer.com/larian-may-be-teasing-baldurs-gate-3-not-divinity-original-sin-3/

specifically more like towards the latter due to the video data specifically saying baldur's gate 3 and "gather your party"

at least, I think it will be announced at E3.

Edited by Tryhard

All I'm hoping for, bolded are the ones I actually expect.

1. NieR: Automata on Switch.
  2. 2B in Smash.
  3. Super Mario Bros. 2 in Mario Maker 2.
  4. Fire Emblem: Three Houses.
  5. Metroid Prime 4.
  6. New 2D Metroid game.
  7. Female primary rival in Pokemon Sword/Shield regardless of chosen gender.
  8. New Hyrule/Fire Emblem Warriors.

14 hours ago, Florete said:

Metroid Prime 4

This would most certainly be off the E3 table. Late in April, Retro had posted it was hiring for positions including Lead Character Artist, and Physics Engineer.

At very best, they'd have month's time to cobble a 30 seconds at most no-gameplay teaser trailer, whose Samus Aran would likely not only much more polished, but also with non-negligible design tweaks. Is a month even enough time to decide what the final title artwork looks like?

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

31 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

This would most certainly be off the E3 table. Late in April, Retro had posted it was hiring for positions including Lead Character Artist, and Physics Engineer.

At very best, they'd have month's time to cobble a 30 seconds at most no-gameplay teaser trailer, whose Samus Aran would likely not only much more polished, but also with non-negligible design tweaks. Is a month even enough time to decide what the final title artwork looks like?

That's why it wasn't bolded, and thus, not expected.

Biggest Big Deal games (that are not nintendo) at E3

• Final Fantasy 7. This game's next showcase will inform the rest of its hype cycle. It HAS to be good.
  • Outer Worlds. Probably the only piece of information from the PC Gaming Show people lose their minds over
  • Cyberpunk 2077. When you're hot you're hot.

Nintendo predictions (for the Direct itself)

• High profile third party ports of games released in the last five years on other systems but don't get anybody particularly excited due to their age. Names I'd just throw at the wall include Watch_Dogs, Dishonored 1+2, Borderlands: The Handsome Jack Collection
  • The third party port of old games that DOES get people excited. I think Kingdom Hearts' Remix collections and a port of 3 are coming to Nintendo Switch. 
  • Nintendo Switch Lite, Mini, whatever you want to call it. A cheaper version of the Switch just in time for Pokemon not only sounds like a good idea, but it's supported by industry insiders. I expect much of the cost cutting will be from the joycons. And this will make me happy since I desperately need a new set of joycons, ideally a pair priced at 40 dollars. Not only is the current model of controllers very overpriced, they have an abysmally low operation life if mine are this internally damaged after just two years. Nintendo claims this won't be announced at E3. They have lied about things that will or won't appear at E3 in the past, but I'm inclined to believe them on this point, Nintendo has been very weird about hardware announcements at E3 the past few years.
  • Animal Crossing. I've been iffy on this since Animal Crossing never felt like an "E3 game", but it's been long enough and it's easy for the Treehouse to stream later so the onus of presenting information on how to play the game doesn't need to come from a trailer.
  • Luigi's Mansion 3. The little gameplay we've seen looks like a pretty late build to me, so I count this as one of the least likely First party nintendo games to get delayed to 2020. And how can Nintendo resist a Mario game of any kind in a Direct?
  • No new first party announcements. I think the most likely thing is Mario Golf or some other C tier one-per system Mario game but even that feels a little gratuitous for this one Direct.
  • One Wii U port. But it's presented so fast you might miss it if you blink.
  • A reminder of Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
  • Super Smash Bros. DLC Fighter #2. It'll be a Nintendo character and they will be shadow dropped into the game on the day of the Direct, or maybe even in the Smash tournament that precedes the Direct a few days earlier. Either sounds likely. 
  • Super Smash Bros. DLC Fighter #3. This one is a guest character and slated for release in several months.
  • Bayonetta 3. What better climax?

Nintendo Treehouse stream material

• Lots of Mario Maker. I expect this will be their filler game of choice across the three days of streaming, similar to how Smash Bros was the filler game of choice last year. And the NOA employees no doubt have their own stages to provide and commentate over.
  • Thirty Minutes of Pokemon gameplay. Such predictions are best left after the Pokemon Direct in a week, but I think that Direct's presence only strengthens my prediction of us seeing the game played in real time at E3. Update: Yep, Wild Areas seem the obvious choice for a stream
  • Some cute Animal Crossing footage.
  • Luigi's Mansion 3's new multiplayer mode. I can see the signs, Nintendo.
  • Fire Emblem Three Houses, yep I'm a no on this game appearing in the Direct itself. While there is a lot of information they haven't yet officially revealed outside Japan, they could just drop a trailer or two in the weeks leading up to release similar to Echoes did. In the mean time, show us some gameplay. We won't even mind if it's still in Japanese.
  • Link's Awakening Remaster: Pretty blasphemous to suggest a ZELDA game won't be in the Direct, but unless there is some groundbreaking difference with this game over the original, we know what to expect out of Link's Awakening and they can show us how fun and weird the game is better in a stream than in a Direct. Heck, a remake of a METROID game was not only left out of 2017's Direct, but announced in the stream where they showed gameplay.
  • Astral Chain or Bayonetta 3: Whichever is more ready for a gameplay showcase. I assume Astral Chain since it's slated to release this year, but for all we know they're saving the game for its own focused Direct soon before release, similar to what Bayonetta 2 got.
  • Cadence of Hyrule: Crypt of the Necrodancer.
Edited by Glennstavos

39 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Animal Crossing. I've been iffy on this since Animal Crossing never felt like an "E3 game", but it's been long enough and it's easy for the Treehouse to stream later so the onus of presenting information on how to play the game doesn't need to come from a trailer.

You say that but Amiibo Festival was announced at E3 2015.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

You say that but Amiibo Festival was announced at E3 2015.

Do I really have to specify "mainline games" when it comes to Animal Crossing? Have you played this game? And I like to hope Nintendo is in a better position now than they were with 2015's awful show. Mario Tennis Ultra Smash, Zelda Tri Force Heroes, Amiibo Festival, Metroid Prime Federation Force, and Star Fox Zero as the anchor title. There were things I remember liking, like the muppets and mario maker, but when nintendo announced no direct the next year it sounded appropriate. Even Iwata's final words expressed regret over 2015's show

1 hour ago, Glennstavos said:
  • I think Kingdom Hearts' Remix collections and a port of 3 are coming to Nintendo Switch. 

The Switch can run ports of PS3/Xbox 360 games (and even that's debateable seeing as how awful the Switch version of Saint's Row 3 is). It can't run current gen (PS4/Xbox One) games. So neither the KH collection, nor KH3 is ever happening on the Switch.

Nintendo Switch Lite, Mini, whatever you want to call it. A cheaper version of the Switch just in time for Pokemon not only sounds like a good idea, but it's supported by industry insiders. I expect much of the cost cutting will be from the joycons. And this will make me happy since I desperately need a new set of joycons, ideally a pair priced at 40 dollars. Not only is the current model of controllers very overpriced, they have an abysmally low operation life if mine are this internally damaged after just two years.

Nintendo also said that they would only be featuring upcoming software at E3 and not any hardware (such as the rumoured Switch XL/Switch Mini).

45 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

The Switch can run ports of PS3/Xbox 360 games (and even that's debateable seeing as how awful the Switch version of Saint's Row 3 is). It can't run current gen (PS4/Xbox One) games. So neither the KH collection, nor KH3 is ever happening on the Switch.

Hey, I don't disagree that the Switch misses important benchmarks, but companies will make any compromises they need to for Switch money. Plus only two of the seven Kingdom Hearts games are current gen, the rest being remasters. And if the final fantasy ports are any indication, these are easy to put on Switch. 3 will take some time, but the Remixes are basically a copy and paste deal that help cover the costs associated with making a playable switch build of Kingdom Hearts 3.

Nintendo also said that they would only be featuring upcoming software at E3 and not any hardware (such as the rumoured Switch XL/Switch Mini).

Agh, that's right. I knew that was an iffy prediction due to Nintendo's bizarre aversion to showing off hardware at events. I'll move that prediction to ~June 30th. That's around the time they announced the classic systems and some of the 3DS variants as I recall. The "why wasn't this at E3" pieces of hardware.

On 5/13/2019 at 9:01 PM, Armagon said:

From the indie scene, if it isn't shown off before then, i'd like to see Gunvolt Chronicles: Luminous Avenger iX. It's been over a year since Inti Creates announced it and we haven't really gotten any news since.

Well, i can finally scratch this one off the list since Inti Creates literally just revealed a new trailer and a worldwide release date of September 26th yesterday at Bitsummit, along with the news that it's coming to PS4 and Steam as well.

That said, i wouldn't be surprised if Luminous Avenger is featured in an indie reel.

Edited by Armagon

I think we got some indirect confirmation that Luigi's Mansion 3 is going to be in the Direct!

This also goes for Zelda: LA since it's up there too. Why would these games be playable at E3 without being in the Direct? Pokemon got its own Direct yesterday, so that's a different case. CAN'T WAIT. 😄

Edited by Anacybele

On 5/13/2019 at 9:01 PM, Armagon said:

i'd also like to see Rune Factory 4 Special. Rune Factory 4 on the 3DS was great but the Switch has pretty much prevented me from pulling my 3DS out of the closet. So with RF4 Special, i can finally play the game again.

Ask and you shall recieve

More info about Rune Factory 5.

More info about George Souls/whatever From Software and GRRM are planning.

I really hope there's something new related to Megaman, but I doubt it. I doubly doubt anything related to the X series will arrive so soon. If it does, it'll be at the same date as Mount & Blade 2, I think.

More info about Three Houses, preferably with a gameplay footage, preferably not played by a game journalist someone who never touched a strategy game, because it hurts the showcasing.

Rocksteady's next game, if it is mentioned.

Cyberpunk 2077.

A new Gunvolt game

Anything about Hollow Knight: Silksong. I absolutely need a release date.

Yoko Taro is also supposedly working on a game, although I doubt we'll hear of it so soon.

A showcase for Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night.

1 hour ago, Rapier said:

Anything about Hollow Knight: Silksong. I absolutely need a release date.

Bildresultat för i see you're a man of culture as well

What I want:

Three Houses

Hollow Knight: Silksong

Ori and the Will of the Wisps

New Paradox Grand Strategy (prefereably a fantasy game or Victoria 3)

Witchbrook

Would be cool/interesting:

New Zelda

New Paradox expansion

Both of Larian's newly announced games (Divinity: Fallen Heroes and Baldur's Gate 3)

Long given up hope:

A proper Paper Mario game