Next Famitsu preview (personal skills and crests)

Just now, VincentASM said:

Sorry it took so long; I ended up spending 5 or so hours on this.

But if you want everything in one place, here ya go.

Just got done reading it, great stuff. I'm gonna see if I can figure something out when it comes to the seemingly random tutoring results, but thus far, my conclusion was the same as yours.

Also, all the known crests are minor, uh. I missed that. Interesting.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Cysx said:

Just got done reading it, great stuff. I'm gonna see if I can figure something out when it comes to the seemingly random tutoring results, but thus far, my conclusion was the same as yours.

Also, all the known crests are minor, uh. I missed that. Interesting.

Close. It took me a while to notice, but Byleth and Felix have standard (major?) crests.

I did find it weird how the House Leaders have minor crests though.

Wow we really got a lot holy shite

I'm kinda sad to see we have some gender locked classes but hopefully brawler and dark mage are the only male locked ones and presumably a healer class (to contrast dark mage) and peg knights will be female only

I find the calendar system very interesting tbh. I hope it's not overly restrictive tho

2 hours ago, VincentASM said:

Sorry it took so long; I ended up spending 5 or so hours on this.

But if you want everything in one place, here ya go.

Thank you for compiling all the information!

It looks like not only do students from crest-bearing houses have surnames on the map, but the crests shown for House Leicester match up with those in the "Leicester's 4 Crests" theory. Honestly, I'm actually pretty giddy at how well everything is lining up, hopefully these patterns keep up!

I think the movement gambit could help to even out stuff like Canto, as long as it only affects non-mounted units.  Imagine getting heavy armors to the front lines ASAP!

I'm not liking the question-and-answer/schedule things.  I play games so I don't have to do the same crap that I do IRL.  Also, I'd really like it if the "correct" choice is randomized, so that it isn't a matter of looking it up for the correct answer.

Lastly. . .those crests.  I'll wait until I see more of the EXP system, but I'm not liking it so far.  I'm getting flashbacks from Awakening.

Spoiler

qASsrRi.jpg

I'm working on compiling the Crests and their owners on the Seiros Mural to give an organized way to view everything. This is what I have so far. (There is one crest marked yellow without a name, because it was found on the Leicester Flag/Banner).

Also, if Crests are supposed to be passed down via bloodlines, then does that mean that Byleth is a descendant of this King Nemesis character? Or is Nemesis related to Sothis?

Edited by Lord_Grima

2 minutes ago, Lord_Grima said:
  Hide contents

qASsrRi.jpg

I'm working on compiling the Crests and their owners on the Seiros Mural to give an organized way to view everything. This is what I have so far.

Also, if Crests are supposed to be passed down via bloodlines, then does that mean that Byleth is a descendant of this King Nemesis character? Or is Nemesis related to Sothis?

I believe Felix has the major crest of Fraldarius.

Also, if crests are anything like holy blood/brands, than they are likely symbols of some sort of previous blood pact. It's possible that Nemesis made a blood pact with Sothis, bestowing him the ??? crest. Byleth ended up inheriting it due to being a descendant of Nemesis, and this might also be why he can see Sothis and no one else can?

Personally, I feel like Ardrestian royals may not have crests. Based on the royal family's crest being Seiros' crest, I feel like the rest of Ardestian nobles possibly don't have crests (possibly because the crests are to blame thus Seiros confiscated the crests of the Ardestian royals so that they cannot utilise their power). This would imply the rest of the Great 10 crests are from Faerghus and Leicester. Assuming Ashe is a commoner (thus 4 more characters who are noble in Blue Lions) and there is at least one more noble in Leicester (my bets are on Lysithea or Marianne), that would round out the 5 we all ready have to 10.

As for the other 10 crests, maybe they are the crests of the Ardrestian royals that Seiros took or maybe they are evil crests or smth (I can't think of what they could be tbh...)

Good stuff! I like the class change costumes, but it'd be nice if they got a pallet swap based on which house the character belongs to, for a little variety. The battalion thing is very Langrisser-esque, and the school part smacks of Persona. Not that those are bad things, I just hope there's not too much micro-managing. Oh, but dialogue choices are nice! Looks like the MC's personality has some room for interpretation. 

As for the 4 class outfits, I love Felix's Mercenary outfit, but I think he'll fit Myrmidon more. I can't believe this is the first time we see an in game model for a horse but I love the overgrown hair on it's legs and face it adds character! The mage outfits for Dorothea and Hubert seem a bit generic but I'll take it.

Gotta say, I'm really liking the class designs so far. Each of them look great without being too stylized, which was always one of my complaints in Awakening and Fates.

Finally, I can take Dark Mages seriously again.

Also, looking at the screenshots, it looks like both Dimitri and Ferdinand have a proficiency in horse-riding (Dimitri a bit more so, seeing as he starts out with a D+) while Dedue has a proficiency in armor.  

Pics:

Spoiler

z_5cd52bdd09dd7.jpg

z_5cd53236588f0.jpg

z_5cd532367fd96.jpg

Edelgard has armor, and Dimitri has horses, so maybe Claude gets a boost to flying skills?

Interesting. Edelgard also has a proficiency with heavy armour, so maybe Claude might have one with flying to round out the trio. A flying bow user would be cool to have again.

ThaniBomb leak spoilers:

Spoiler

And it might give that whole Claude getting a wyvern thing some credibility

Edited by ΔZZ

3 minutes ago, ΔZZ said:

Interesting. Edelgard also has a proficiency with heavy armour, so maybe Claude might have one with flying to round out the trio. A flying bow user would be cool to have again.

ThaniBomb leak spoilers:

Hide contents

And it might give that whole Claude getting a wyvern thing some credibility

Spoiler

That definitely makes sense as the leak also said that Edelgard becomes Baron like with Axes and Armour. A screenshot shows Dimitri is proficient with Riding but the leak said he is an infantry unit upon promotion however. We don't know if he's got a modifier in riding however which would give it away in a similar vein to Edel having armour and Claude having flying.

2 minutes ago, Dorothea Joestar Arnold said:

I never took Edelgard as a armor kinda unit so that pretty exciting for me personally!

It also means when she comes to Heroes Surtr will most likely have competition for the axe armour slot

Can't say whether it would support the leaks or not, but the screenshot showing Dimitri's proficiency in horse-riding was only in the online famitsu article, not the print and paper magazine itself. 

It'd be cool to have every type of regular unit represented with the 'canon' classes for Byleth and the 3 lords, Byleth being a regular infantry sword-user and the others being armored, mounted, and flying.

On the whole, I'm really happy with this batch of news. Gambits and Battalions are exactly what I hoped they'd be, I'm thrilled to see multi-tile and possibly even terrain-altering abilities being a thing now. IS also seems to be avoiding the problem with Pair Up in Awakening and letting enemies have access to the same tools as the player in the first game they're introduced. The fact you can deploy units solo is also nice; I'm expecting Thieves to not be able to equip Battalions, and maybe there could be some specific anti-Batallion weapons/Gambits that don't deal much unit damage but could 1-shot a Battalion.