Next Famitsu preview (personal skills and crests)

36 minutes ago, Cysx said:

It looks distorted rather than halved, to me. I assumed it was some fancy visual effect?

It's more obvious if you cut the crest in half yourself.

Half-Crest.jpg

The reason I brought this up is because there's another crest in Awakening that's half of a crest. Or rather, the second crest is the original crest doubled. So there's precedence for them messing with crests like this.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Harvey said:

I don't know what exactly they can do if the characters are students...what tragic can they possibly do for students besides having lost parents at young age or being transferred? If they can do beyond that, well and good.

What about being a student restricts backstory, etc. for you? 

22 minutes ago, ΔZZ said:

My personal theory is that all the people who have minor crests possibly have older siblings/parents who hold the major crests. We do know Hilda has an older brother who possibly has the major crest. This could imply that Felix is an only child or orphan if parents retain major crests even after having kids.

Also Byleth's crest is major

Maybe you need to have your sibling or parents die,to get major one yourself?

That prety dark to be honest.

1 minute ago, User name said:

Maybe you need to have your sibling or parents die,to get major one yourself?

That prety dark to be honest.

Well it could be like holy blood where the oldest inherits the major crest and after that anyone else born inherits a minor crest. Idk tbh, I'm just trying to think of reasons as to why only Felix out of all the characters has a major crest while everyone else (besides Byleth, which makes sense as to why they would have a major) has a minor crest (especially the main trio).

7 minutes ago, ΔZZ said:

Well it could be like holy blood where the oldest inherits the major crest and after that anyone else born inherits a minor crest. Idk tbh, I'm just trying to think of reasons as to why only Felix out of all the characters has a major crest while everyone else (besides Byleth, which makes sense as to why they would have a major) has a minor crest (especially the main trio).

Yeah i am kinda in the same boat,it feels weird that the main trio have minor ones, but a non main char like Felix has a major one.

Maybe his a Jagen type?

42 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

It's more obvious if you cut the crest in half yourself.

Half-Crest.jpg

The reason I brought this up is because there's another crest in Awakening that's half of a crest. Or rather, the second crest is the original crest doubled. So there's precedence for them messing with crests like this.

Alright, it is pretty clear when demonstrated like that, for sure. My bad. Weird that it's not a clean cut though(or rather, not one in the middle, it's definitely pretty clean).

The way this is looking... the crest may be divided into three, really? The lower left, that he has right now, the upper right, and then the middle part? Maybe?

Edited by Cysx

56 minutes ago, ΔZZ said:

I don't see that tbh, as Edelgard and Claude seem to be the eldest of their respective families, as they are heirs to their throne, but both hold minor crests. It could make sense for Dimitri if the leaks are to be believed, as:

Spoiler

Dimitri's entire family was supposedly massacred, making sense how he is the heir to Faerghus while not being the eldest member of his family.

In the Article i believe they mentioned that there is a chance of passing down a minor or major crest. So even if say Edelgard is the eldest of her family there is still a chance she only inherits a minor crest. As for Felix he probably just got lucky to inherit a major crest. I really like that they are making the students more unique from each other by having one of them have a major crest. It's a good sign that they will actually be involved in the story instead of just being filler background characters.

17 hours ago, The DanMan said:

The last Famitsu article talked about Skills, Crests, Battalions, and several classes as well as some backstory/worldbuilding. Most of the academy stuff is about managing your units' growth.

Most of the focus is on the main gameplay and unit customization-- just because there's an academy skin over the latter, you're "the most apprehensive you've ever been about a game in the series"?
Again, feels kinda shallow.

All of which are meaningless without a setting.  Which is a school.  It may not be a school for the entire game, but that's what we're being shown right now.  That, and the emphasis of the avatar being a teacher.

I mean, if you have a problem with me, at least be honest about it.  I despise dishonesty, and that's what your post reeks of.

On 5/17/2019 at 1:36 PM, ΔZZ said:

Holy Blood in Judgral was not passed to the eldest automatically. We have cases of younger siblings having Major over the elder (Lene and Cairpre, Ishtor and Ishtar).

Edited by Eryon

I agree that the setting of a game can be extremely important to how the game feels overall, in addition to the quality of the story and gameplay, so I understand why some are skeptical of this game and how not fire emblem it seems like. Personally though, I'm just going to (attempt to) keep an open mind and try enjoying it not as a traditional fire emblem experience, but just whether it's a fun game still in general.

3 hours ago, grin_fish said:

The calendar in the limited edition makes more sense now that we know there is a calendar in the game.

And it was right in front of us this whole time. Limited edition had a game mechanic in it before the oficial reveal.