Next Famitsu preview (personal skills and crests)

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this picture is a Bernadetta/Dorothea support there's an interesting details: Bernadetta says "Ni-Nice to meet you."

So maybe it's the students first year in the academy, and they don't already know/are "friends" with everyone, like actual people (unlike Awakening/Fates where the supports were mostly things like "yeah I already know who you are")

If so, it'll be great to see supports which begins like that: "Hello I'm *insert name* we're in the same class and you seems cool, how about hanging out a bit together?" or "Oh you're one of my classmates and you seems in trouble, can I help you? I'm *insert name* by the way, nice to meet you." I mean, it would be great to see people introduce themselves... But not if they already are acquaintances obviously.

If it's not a support, Bernadetta is maybe saying "Nice to meet you" to Byleth I think? But there's no Byleth on the pic so I doubt it.

11 minutes ago, ShinkaiNoAki said:

If this picture is a Bernadetta/Dorothea support there's an interesting details: Bernadetta says "Ni-Nice to meet you."

よろしく has several uses in the language, ranging from anything from "please treat me well" to "I look forward to working with you" to "by all means". While it is a staple part of meeting for the first time (frequently following something like はじめまして), it's plenty common in other contexts too, so I personally doubt it's their first meeting. 

29 minutes ago, egobarrier said:

よろしく has several uses in the language, ranging from anything from "please treat me well" to "I look forward to working with you" to "by all means". While it is a staple part of meeting for the first time (frequently following something like はじめまして), it's plenty common in other contexts too, so I personally doubt it's their first meeting. 

Aw too bad, I was really interested about a first meeting... But since this よろしくね was all alone in a sentence I assumed it meant "Nice to meet you" without thinking twice about it... My mistake, thanks for pointing it out, I can be dumb sometimes.

But yeah, Bernadetta lost something, Dorothea offered her help and Bernadetta replied "よろしくね". It also explain why they're in the grass.

Since we know Hilda is a noble, I wonder if her and Lorenz are the only nobles in Golden Deer with Claude or will their be more? Both Lysithea and Marianne seem noble like as does Ignace and if they were noble, it kinda take that charm of being mostly common folk away (tho Dorothea also looked noblish and Petra and Casper looked more common yet it's the opposite so I guess you can't tell by design).

15 hours ago, egobarrier said:

Personal skills returning is definitely something I can get behind, as long as they aren't stupid (looking at you, Sophie). Especially in a game that pushes "anyone can be anything", I'm all for anything that adds individuality.

And Hilda looks lovely, though I'm surprised her twintails fan out at the ends.

Personally, that wasn't really a personal worth complaining about - I'd consider the likes of Dwyer's worse.

8 hours ago, Etheus said:

Excellent. I love personal skills. But here's hoping they balance them better. A lot of the Fates ones were really weak or situational.

Ditto. I didn't like how Arthur's and Charlotte's personals were practically useless (the former makes him a liability, the latter is unlikely to ever be meaningful since 99.9% of enemy units are male). And there are others that were afterthroughts, too, like Shigure and Dwyer's. On the other hand, we have the royal sisters' personals, which are amazing, as well as a few others.

Edited by Shadow Mir

If its indeed an example of a support I can't wait till tommorow for that segment!

(Inb4 they don't mention the spicy part MANY are wanting to finally know about till the next issue because IS are such a tease and they know the demand. I hope they just mention the 4 letter ranks that good enough for me to quell me over and take a hint!) JK I'm sure something will appear!

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

1 hour ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

Will the full scans be released tomorrow or Thursday?

Likely tomorrow since it will be the 16th in Japan in the noontime elsewhere by then is when we'll get the full scans since they almost always get leaked early.

42 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

Will the full scans be released tomorrow or Thursday?

Officially, not until Thursday. The scans almost always leak a day or two in advance, though. I'd expect info to be out in the next 24 hours.

https://www.famitsu.com/news/201905/15176038.html

y_5cd5289263663.jpg

Felix looks nice and for some odd reason he reminds me of Shigure. Same vibe or something. Blue lions has almost all of the guys I like. I'm doomed to follow McDonalds head. Since the article was machine translated there was a lot I wasn't sure about, namely if there's a support system or if it got completely revamped.

"By progressing through the story, you get to recruit knights from the Knights Guild. When a unit leading a group of knights takes damage in battle, the "combat effectiveness" of the group will fall like HP. When their combat effectiveness reaches zero, the buff they provide will disappear, and you will be unable to use Ploys. You can restore combat effectiveness at the Guild. Like units, knights can gain experience and level up through battle. Don't forget to raise them."

So that's how the new system with mooks surrounding your unit works. And I guess that's what the Leadership stat is for.

Apparently, Dark Mage is a male only class and you can level up your characters' respective squads [the army of generics behind your character]. 

Also it seems that the Canto Skill is back for cavalry. 

Edited by Leif

So our character and the three house leaders basically gets nobility kinda disappointing I believe Byleth's a bit unique though.

The calander is tied to story progress I don't know how others are gonna feel about that we really are persona now.

The blonde girl has her name finally revealed!!! Ingrid

For those wanting to know abouts supports gotta wait some more can't believe I called that tease....fates did the same thing not surprised by this tbh.

From observations and google translate, I bring:

>All 3 House heads have the same personal skill effect-- 20% EXP bonus. Byleth also has this, but it applies to adjacent allies as well.

>Hubert's personal skill is garbled/doesn't make much sense.

>Dorothea's restores the HP of adjacent allies by 10% at the start of each turn.

>Dedue's grants him +4 defense on the enemy phase if he's ordered to wait.

>Felix's grants him +5 damage if he is deployed without soldiers.

>Lorenz gains +2 damage for being deployed with soldiers.

>Hilda increases the damage adjacent male allies deal by 3.

>Mercenaries now use Swords and Axes

>Cavaliers have Canto back

>There's a new Fistfighter class-- though it also uses axes

>Fists have a Brave effect but can't be used while mounted

>Magic seems to be learned like it is in SoV but has limited uses per map instead of running off of HP

EDIT: And unique palettes do seem to be a thing-- Hilda is shown as a Brigand and she has a pinkish-brown palette (compared to Edelgard's burgundy), while Cavalier Lorenz has purple highlights

Edited by The DanMan

8 minutes ago, Dorothea Joestar Arnold said:

The calander is tied to story progress I don't know how others are gonna feel about that we really are persona now.

Calander was tied to story progress in Echoes too.

17 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

From observations and google translate, I bring:

>All 3 House heads have the same personal skill effect-- 20% EXP bonus. Byleth also has this, but it applies to adjacent allies as well.

>Hubert's personal skill is garbled/doesn't make much sense.

>Dorothea's restores the HP of adjacent allies by 10% at the start of each turn.

>Dedue's grants him +4 defense on the enemy phase if he's ordered to wait.

>Felix's grants him +5 damage if he is deployed without soldiers.

>Lorenz gains +2 damage for being deployed with soldiers.

>Hilda increases the damage adjacent male allies deal by 3.

>Mercenaries now use Swords and Axes

>Cavaliers have Canto back

>There's a new Fistfighter class-- though it also uses axes

>Fists have a Brave effect but can't be used while mounted

>Magic seems to be learned like it is in SoV but has limited uses per map instead of running off of HP

EDIT: And unique palettes do seem to be a thing-- Hilda is shown as a Brigand and she has a pinkish-brown palette (compared to Edelgard's burgundy), while Cavalier Lorenz has purple highlights

Makes sense I suppose that fist weapons seem pretty impractical on a mounted class, though I bet that's going to bum people who wanted to create punching wyvern riders or something. :D

Canto is back? FINALLY! I never got why they removed that in the first place.

So magic in a sense has durability in that you have limited uses. Curious.

Byleth

[Personal skill] Teacher's Guidance: Unit and adjacent allies receive 1.2x EXP
[Crest] ??? Crest: Unknown, mysterious Crest

Edelgard

[Personal skill] Emperor's Bloodline: Unit receives 1.2x EXP
[Crest] Minor Crest of Seiros: The Minor Crest of the Crest of Saint Seiros

Dimitri

[Personal skill] King's Bloodline: Unit receives 1.2x EXP
[Crest] Minor Crest of Bladud: The Minor Crest of Bladud, one of Fodlan's Ten Heroes

Claude

[Personal skill] Alliance Bloodline: Unit receives 1.2x EXP
[Crest] Minor Crest of Regan: The Minor Crest of Regan, one of Fodlan's Ten Heroes

Hubert

[Personal skill] Tactician: Gives +5 Power to Ploys

Dorothea

[Personal skill] Songstress: When a turn begins, adjacent allies heal 10% of their HP

Dedue

[Personal skill] Lord's Shield: If unit ends turn without moving, gains +4 Def for one turn

Felix

[Personal skill] Lone Wolf: If unit does not have knights following them, or if their order of knights have no combat effectiveness remaining, unit deals +5 more damage
[Crest] Crest of Fraldarius: The Crest of Fraldarius, one of Fodlan's Ten Heroes

Lorenz

[Personal skill] Nobility: When leading an order of knights, unit deals +2 more damage
[Crest] Minor Crest of Gloucester: The Minor Crest of Gloucester, one of Fodlan's Ten Heroes

Hilda

[Personal skill] Pestering: When a male ally adjacent to unit is in combat, ally deals +3 more damage
[Crest] Minor Crest of Goneril {Goneeil on the map?}: The Minor Crest of Goneril, one of Fodlan's Ten Heroes

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

7 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Byleth

[Personal skill] Teacher's Guidance: Unit and adjacent allies receive 1.2x EXP
[Crest] ??? Crest: Unknown, mysterious Crest

Edelgard

[Personal skill] Emperor's Bloodline: Unit receives 1.2x EXP
[Crest] Minor Crest of Seiros: The Minor Crest of the Crest of Saint Seiros

Dimitri

[Personal skill] King's Bloodline: Unit receives 1.2x EXP
[Crest] Minor Crest of Bladud: The Minor Crest of Bredadd, one of Fodlan's Ten Heroes

Claude

[Personal skill] Alliance Bloodline: Unit receives 1.2x EXP
[Crest] Minor Crest of Regan: The Minor Crest of Regan, one of Fodlan's Ten Heroes

Hubert

[Personal skill] Tactician: Gives +5 Power to Ploys

Dorothea

[Personal skill] Songstress: When a turn begins, adjacent allies heal 10% of their HP

Dedue

[Personal skill] Lord's Shield: If unit ends turn without moving, gains +4 Def for one turn

Felix

[Personal skill] Lone Wolf: If unit does not have knights following them, or if their order of knights have no combat effectiveness remaining, unit deals +5 more damage
[Crest] Crest of Fraldarius: The Crest of Fraldarius, one of Fodlan's Ten Heroes

Lorenz

[Personal skill] Nobility: When leading an order of knights, unit deals +2 more damage
[Crest] Minor Crest of Gloucester: The Minor Crest of Gloucester, one of Fodlan's Ten Heroes

Hilda

[Personal skill] Pestering: When a male ally adjacent to unit is in combat, ally deals +3 more damage
[Crest] Minor Crest of Goneril {Goneeil on the map?}: The Minor Crest of Goneril, one of Fodlan's Ten Heroes

Well that's curious. At least 5 of them are descended from the Ten Heroes. Wonder if that means they'll actually have more story importance since FE rarely gives screen time to characters that can die.

And Edelgard's crest is instead of the Church? Hmm....

1 minute ago, Sentinel07 said:

Well that's curious. At least 5 of them are descended from the Ten Heroes. Wonder if that means they'll actually have more story importance since FE rarely gives screen time to characters that can die.

And Edelgard's crest is instead of the Church? Hmm....

I'm getting to that part of the article, but apparently the throne of the Adrestian Empire is passed to one that has the Crest of Seiros.

We've got the name of the last known student, which is Ingrid.

jNgwWjQ.jpg

Edit: Woops, someone had said it already.

Edited by Cysx