Next Famitsu preview (personal skills and crests)

4 minutes ago, Fuzzlekins said:

Yeah, considering anyone can use any weapon, classes are more about the class exclusive skills which can only be used while in the class. While the Dark Mage and Brawler are male exclusive, the Mage and Brigand have the same weapon specialties so they’re probably gonna be similar classes, just a slightly different skill set. The most restrictive thing I’ve seen so far is just that you can’t punch on a mount, which makes sense logically. 

I can't quite take this blue text under magic classes specifying they can use magic out of my system. That too might be restricted.

4 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

The only thing I'm worrying about now is that Cavaliers seem to still be sword/lance locked which makes me worry for axe/bow/magic/healing cavs/fliers/armours.

I don't think they're locked to those, they're just proficient in them, same as every other class.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it's looks like personal skills are back from fates...let's hope certain other features aren't also returning :/:

I don't really like the persona series in general, and it's seeming like Three Houses is taking a lot of inspiration from the "highschool with students" and the inevitable romance mechanics. I don't mind them because they're optional, but because the games with them in have worse stories and characters imo than echoes or whatever that I really enjoy much more.

I'm still a fan because of echoes, but idk...looking less interesting in the newest one at least each day that passes.

Ah well, there's always 'The witcher 3: wild hunt' that I'm playing which I'm playing and love the story and characters of, so no worries!

Edited by Dinar87

So Gambit Boosts are literally 3 use weapons that are uber strong and are used depending on your Authority level...interesting. At least now we know what those 3 triangles are for eh.

Going by how many classes we have revealed right now we're gonna have an absurd number of classes come endgame, I'm predicting upwards of 40, I cannot wait.

Not sure how I feel about the school mode just yet. Although I like what I’ve read, it kind of sounds more like I’m playing a school simulator game (keeping students happy, teaching them new abilities, encouraging them, decide what to teach, bond and help them bond with each other, different events throughout the year) with fighting on the side.  

It’s so different from the other FE games that it will take some time to get used to. 

5 minutes ago, zuibangde said:

Not sure how I feel about the school mode just yet. Although I like what I’ve read, it kind of sounds more like I’m playing a school simulator game (keeping students happy, teaching them new abilities, encouraging them, decide what to teach, bond and help them bond with each other, different events throughout the year) with fighting on the side.  

It’s so different from the other FE games that it will take some time to get used to. 

I doubt this will be the whole game - FE games never go much into depth of the last 2/3s of the game during the informarion cycle, never much further than say Chapter 10, so I'm sure the whole game won't be keep your whole army happy and get them to have lunch together even though they're about to go slay a god.

Edited by HappyHawlucha.

6 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

The personal skills I feel like they have the same impactful than in Fates.  1.2x EXP really? That's what we're going go for the main characters? Dorothea has a worse version than Azura.

It would make a bit more sense if it was for weapon ranks instead as that's more thematically similar to the game itself but just levelling up is a bit trash.

So far the things that are still MIA that gotta get revealed:

-Crests gameplay benefits.

-Supports(although mentioned not shown off yet).

-Weapon forging(which I'm assuming will be in).

-samples of side chapters.

-a few more unseen classes.

-other group tasks from the calendar.

-newer characters not shown off in any type of capacity.

-the arena like part from the 2nd trailer.

The fact that we almost have 2 months left till the release I can see 2 more big issues left to cover pretty much everything and finish the base roster bios(June-early July).

7 minutes ago, Dorothea Joestar Arnold said:

So far the things that are still MIA that gotta get revealed:

-Crests gameplay benefits.

-Supports(although mentioned not shown off yet).

-Weapon forging(which I'm assuming will be in).

-samples of side chapters.

-a few more unseen classes.

-other group tasks from the calendar.

-newer characters not shown off in any type of capacity.

-the arena like part from the 2nd trailer.

The fact that we almost have 2 months left till the release I can see 2 more big issues left to cover pretty much everything and finish the base roster bios(June-early July).

I doubt we'll get bios for any non-academy units that we get later on, I think they'll stick to stuff in the monastery like forging and arena as you said. Some of the later game classes will most likely be kept back as a surprise but more classes are inevitable, I'm interested to see more interesting and unique clssses we haven't seen at all yet(Flying/Cavalry/Armour Mages/Archers PLEASE)

Edited by HappyHawlucha.

2 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

I doubt we'll get bios for any non-academy units that we get later on, I think they'll stick to stuff in the monastery like forging and arena as you said. Some of the later game classes will most likely be kept back as a surprise but more classes are inevitable, I'm interested to see more interesting and unique clssses we haven't seen at all yet(Flying/Cavalry/Armour Mages/Archers PLEASE)

True I totally forgot about characters like Reina, Fuga, Shura etc that weren't shown off so yeah your right about that. Yeah I hope for more unique classes!

12 minutes ago, Dorothea Joestar Arnold said:

True I totally forgot about characters like Reina, Fuga, Shura etc that weren't shown off so yeah your right about that. Yeah I hope for more unique classes!

Hopefully unlike Fates' late game units these characters aren't one note Avatarsexuals.

If we get 2 classes which are literally the exact same(Monk and Dark Mage) I'm sure we'll get more unique classes.

Edited by HappyHawlucha.

19 minutes ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

Hopefully unlike Fates' late game units these characters aren't one note Avatarsexuals.

If we get 2 classes which are literally the exact same(Monk and Dark Mage) I'm sure we'll get more unique classes.

Agreed at least Manuela likely isn't gonna suffer that curse she'll at least get a normal support convo with Dorothea(which they better have one!). Hopefully Hanneman won't with any other new characters as well. 

Yeah despite how very multi use most classes are now I can see some more stand out ones!

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

1 minute ago, Dorothea Joestar Arnold said:

Agreed at least Manuela likely isn't gonna suffer that curse she'll at least get a normal support convo with Dorothea(which they better have one!). Hopefully Hanneman won't with any other new characters as well. 

They should really take a note out of Path of Radiance's book with supports as even the really late game characters(Tauroneo; Largo; Geoffrey; Lucia; Bastian) still had a decent number of supports despite being recruited quite late into the game.

11 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

i don't know where to post this, but there've been leaks going on on r/fireemblem

SPOILERS (if they are true)

https://old.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/bovt8v/three_houses_spoiler_thread/

Spoiler

Sounds a bit odd that only certain plot points are revealed. But vague in other areas. I belive it to be about 30%-40% true.

13 minutes ago, Dinar87 said:

I think this is real, and I'm now hyped for three houses.

The poster is fairly well known there, at least. They're not coming out of nowhere.

... which is unfortunate because from what little I've read, there are huge spoilers in there. Meaning you have a choice between missing out on the game or missing out on the conversation.
Hate when that happens.

2 minutes ago, zuibangde said:

I try to avoid leaks but does anyone know how credible the leaker is?  

apparently they had some info which was later revealed in a famitsu article so they are credible

5 hours ago, NobodiePichu said:

fair, and i suppose it'd be a bit difficult to come up with original fun and balanced skills for every character in an average fire emblem game. it just feels like they could have done a bit more then just +4 def if no action taken.

Personally, one of the big issues that I had with personal skills in Fates was that some of them tended to be either too situational (e.g. Dwyer's, which has no use outside of invasions and other castle battles), underwhelming (Laslow), detrimental to the user or the team (e.g. Arthur's, Izana's), or required very specific conditions for activation (e.g. Nina's, Subaki's). I'm hoping that they avoid these pitfalls this time around...

2 minutes ago, GrassEater said:

apparently they had some info which was later revealed in a famitsu article so they are credible

I usually avoid discussion forums/boards after leaks (for shows/games/movies) because there's always someone that either leak stuff accidentally or do it on purpose. :(: Sigh...

Spoiler

New skinship but fancier heh...knew it was a matter of time.

Spoiler

5 year timeskip is interesting doubt it'll change the characters look though I mean look at Awakenings 2 year skip.

Edit: welp they DO change some also if true poor Dimitri......

Spoiler

Claude gets a Wyvern upon Promotion?! that's hype if true Bow Wyvern rider!!!!

Spoiler

Byleth CAN romance the students not to say I'm surprised but YESSS! given that there'll possibly be a timeskip this'll make some more ok with it. I'm very doubtful we're getting that many same gender choices.

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

14 minutes ago, GrassEater said:

Huh, well just in case they're legit I'm staying out anyway.

Already spoiled myself to hell and back with JoJo, not doing the same with this :P: