Three Houses Class Tree and Speculation

Sorry if it looks bad, graphic design isn't really my thing.

All images from Famitsu.

I would assume that you can jump around as much as you want so long as you meet the class requirements so it isn't really a tree. (i.e. If you had a myrmidon, you could train them in lances and riding to make them a cavalier.)

I also don't expect there to be any way to reset your level back to 1, and you will instead just go from level 1 to level 40 or 50 depending on how long the game goes. (Similar to FE4.)

Three Houses Speculative Class Tree.png

*The skill icons represent what I believe to be the skills that you have to train to become that class, but not necessarily being the only weapons that class can use.

Edited by Popers1328

I predict that classes will be a lot more loose and Nobles/Commoner promote into any base class, and each base class has one promoted class. The "base classes" you've specified are just the first classes you unlock to promote into but as you progress Noble/Commoner can promote into the classes shown in the direct, and each of those classes can promote into a designated promoted class. Classes like Reason/Faith/Bow Fliers and armoured mages/archers will be Pegasus Knights/Armour Knights with a different weapon type and not really diversified into their own class.

4 hours ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

I predict that classes will be a lot more loose and Nobles/Commoner promote into any base class, and each base class has one promoted class. The "base classes" you've specified are just the first classes you unlock to promote into but as you progress Noble/Commoner can promote into the classes shown in the direct, and each of those classes can promote into a designated promoted class. Classes like Reason/Faith/Bow Fliers and armoured mages/archers will be Pegasus Knights/Armour Knights with a different weapon type and not really diversified into their own class.

I don't really expect there to be promoted classes at all, just classes that have higher level and skill rank requirements and a better seal, which is why I put what I listed as "Tier 2" classes as a separate tier. (i.e. Fighter requires level 5 and D rank axes and Barbarian requires X level and C rank axes.) We've seen that i costs the player 1 beginner seal to make Caspar a Fighter and intermediate seal to make Edelgard a Brigand. With the presumed, "advanced/master seal", I think it's pretty clear that your idea is short a tier. I do expect the class options to be pretty fluid, which is what I meant by "jump around as much as you want so long as you meet the class requirements." Theoretically, Dorothea could jump straight from Myrmidon to Mage without ever having become a monk so long as she meets the skill requirements, the lines probably shouldn't be there, I had just noticed that the 8 intermediate classes seemed to have a skill type that matches a beginner class. Sure you can have your wyvern knight use magic or whatever, but different classes still have different stats and skills (possibly growths too), so differentiating different types of fliers and knights doesn't seem completely impossible. The classes I personally included aren't what I think are in the game, rather, they are what I think could be in the game.

I am pretty curious as to how this is supposed to work for specialized classes like Dancers/Songstresses. Are they elite classes that you can't change? Or a professor class only? Is Manuela our only Dancing unit for the game? It would make sense with her background, but that may also apply to Dorothea as she was also a songstress. So maybe two dancing units? 

13 minutes ago, SimplyUnknown said:

I am pretty curious as to how this is supposed to work for specialized classes like Dancers/Songstresses. Are they elite classes that you can't change? Or a professor class only? Is Manuela our only Dancing unit for the game? It would make sense with her background, but that may also apply to Dorothea as she was also a songstress. So maybe two dancing units? 

I actually didn't take the time to account for beast/dragon/dancer or other specialty classes, assuming they are actually in the game. As for dancers, Manuela might just have a personal skill for it and that's the extent of it. We would need to know more about the exams and tutoring. Will Manuela and other characters outside of the your students even be able to be tutored and class changed? I would imagine so. Byleth takes the class change exams too, right? Perhaps the characters of specialty classes can just have the option of changing into the main classes or back into the original classes whenever, so long as you trained them in the proper skills. Sort of like how Olivia could become a myrmidon or pegasus knight if she wanted to sacrifice her dancing ability. I doubt that Dorothea will be a dancer in any form considering she's already the commoner class, especially if you go under the assumption that you would be unable to obtain the students from the other houses.

Edited by Popers1328

16 hours ago, SimplyUnknown said:

Well we have no confirmation of dancers or beasts or even Manuela joining the team 

Some classes appear to be gender locked but I doubt they'll be as restrictive with it due to the diversity of the class system, for example, we've seen Leonie as a female Warrior and Dorothea as a monk so I'm sure classes like Dark Mage and Brawler will have alternatives even if some units can't achieve them.

9 hours ago, Jayvee94 said:

I don't think there will be a tree here. All intermediate classes are unlocked through a certain level and a few of them, if not one, will be easier to pass than others.

This is likely, considering we've seen Edelgard go straight from Noble to Brigand.

1 minute ago, Maronmario said:

I’m excited that dark flier and griffon fliers are back as proper class lines instead of just dlc. Hopefully they do something interesting with the latter

Where was this announced you've got me very intrigued and excited now.

Personally I don't think there will be a class tree per say tbh. I'm guessing that regardless of class, every unit will be able to try and improve all their ranks (due to reclassing being a thing) via tutoring however classes will restrict what weapons they can actually use (like a Myrmidon will be able to advance their lance rank so they can reclass to soldier for example and have their rank up to date, but in battle they can only use swords). As for classes that will be available, I dunno if we'll get many odd combos or many hybrid classes (since it seems to be 3 skills per class and with magic classes they all seem to have both reason and faith and never just one)

Spoiler

Tier 0:

• Commoner
  • Noble

Base Classed (Lv. 5):

• Myrmidon (Sword)
  • Soldier (Lance)
  • Fighter (Axe, Bow, Fighting)
  • Monk (Reason, Faith)

Intermediate Class (Lv. 10):

• Mercenary (Sword, Axe)
  • Thief (Sword, Bow) [There was a screenshot which had what seemed to be a thief with a bow]
  • Knight (Lance, Axe, Heavy Armour) [We've actually seen a screenshot of an axe armour so I say Knights just have axe as a base weapon type with lances]
  • Cavalier (Sword, Lance, Riding)
  • Brigand (Axe, Fighting)
  • Brawler (Axe, Fighting) (Male only)
  • Archer (Bow, Fighting) [I feel like Archer fight have a second skill since every lv. 10 class has, might be fighting I think]
  • Mage (Reason, Faith)
  • Dark Mage (Reason, Faith) (Male only)
  • Priest (Reason, Faith)
  • Maiden (Reason, Faith) (Female only) [In Famitsu a Seiros maiden squadron was mentioned which makes me believe female may have a more healing oriented class to contrast Dark Mage]
  • Pegasus Knight (Sword, Lance, Flying) (Female only) [Petra has a proficiency in swords and flying so I feel like pegs may have swords again. Also I say they will be female only to contrast Brawler being male only]
  • Wyvern Rider (Lance, Axe, Flying)

Besides these we'll obvi have some master classes (lv. 15 or 20 if they go past 20 for the level cap[I think 30 might be the level cap honestly ala GotHW]) but I'm not gonna try guess them, but like I said, I don't think we'll have a super amount of odd ball classes, like I don't see a magic flyer or armour tbh (though I might be very wrong).

Edited by ΔZZ

I have a feeling we'll keep getting new classes added to the list every 5 levels, either maxing out at 20 or 40, but I doubt there'll be enough classes in the game to get a group of them 8 times to finish the list. There will definitely be unique classes which are obtained in a different way than "meet the requirements when you reach the level needed to unlock it". Specifically (Spoilers from the ThaniBomb leak).

Spoiler

ThaniBomb saying that you can make anyone a singer by talking to them with Manuela. Perhaps an item is used or something?

From Lv 5 - 40 I predict new classes are gained every 5 levels, and lines will be a lot more blurred between base and promoted classes I think, after level 20 the classes unlocked resemble promoted classes a lot more.

I will say that while I'm not a fan of the art style, I do appreciate the class designs we've seem so far. They've been fairly practical without veering into boring/uninteresting to look at. That's mostly referring to the lvl 10 classes though.

4 hours ago, HappyHawlucha. said:

I have a feeling we'll keep getting new classes added to the list every 5 levels, either maxing out at 20 or 40, but I doubt there'll be enough classes in the game to get a group of them 8 times to finish the list. There will definitely be unique classes which are obtained in a different way than "meet the requirements when you reach the level needed to unlock it". Specifically (Spoilers from the ThaniBomb leak).

Hide contents

ThaniBomb saying that you can make anyone a singer by talking to them with Manuela. Perhaps an item is used or something?

From Lv 5 - 40 I predict new classes are gained every 5 levels, and lines will be a lot more blurred between base and promoted classes I think, after level 20 the classes unlocked resemble promoted classes a lot more.

Well we do know that the level 10 classes use a different kind of seal so presumably brigand and fistfighter would have higher stats than fighter if they are harder to become. More interestingly is that the famitsu article confirmed a new type of seal, the dark mage seal. This could make for a lot of more unique ways to unlock classes. Perhaps by completing some sort of quest given by Manuela you can get a Singer seal that disappears when you change someone into a singer and reappears when you change them to something else. I could see there being 2 basic, 4 beginner, 8 intermediate, 16 advanced (with a few more to account  for gender specific classes) and then 6 or so classes obtained by doing quests that give you specific seals.

In the latest Famitsu article there is a line with Dorothea where she aims to be a Warlock. So that will already be on of the higher classes. It’s in the first screenshot of the Blossoming Talent part below the experience distribution was shown it says in japanese „If I were to become a Warlock…“

4 hours ago, Alexios Blake said:

In the latest Famitsu article there is a line with Dorothea where she aims to be a Warlock. So that will already be on of the higher classes. It’s in the first screenshot of the Blossoming Talent part below the experience distribution was shown it says in japanese „If I were to become a Warlock…“

She seem to be a REASON and SWORD talent. This is interesting since most reason classes are also equipped with faith, her weakness. We could just give her a sword as a Mage or grind her faith magic.

However, this also makes her hard to pass mage classes.

4 hours ago, Alexios Blake said:

I wonder if Warlock will be a Dark Knight type thing or an infantry hybrid class. I think Oni Chieftain and Basara are the only common hybrid infantry we've gotten.

Guys; seriously, there is already a thread for this kind of information and discussion; the one titled: Classes You Know About, Expect to See, or Want to See. It is basically the thread for classes and speculation. 

Edited by vanguard333