PC Gaming Recommendations?

Xenomata

Now with Genres I like and Game list

Been browsing Steam for the last few weeks ever since I got a powerful gaming rig (it was built with help). I've also been trying to find other games around the web, but I either just don't know what to get or what I even like... so any recommendations?

Genres liked (in general, games do not need to contain multiple for me to enjoy): Action, Adventre, RPG, Shooters (does not matter FPS, Over the shoulder, or whatever), Platformer, Fighting, Strategy, Sandbox, Online (includes PvP, Co-Op, MMOs, etc.). These are the ones I know I like, but I'm also pretty experimental with finding out what I like. Do not hold back.

Do not like: crappy Horror (the kind that's just blood and jumpscares and such) and Hentai games (can handle nudity and such, but I'm not out for specifically that.)

Here's my PC's game library

Spoiler

First off, sorry nothing is in any particular order. I just did it by the order I either found it in or as I found it.

Steam Library (Username: Xenomata) plus a few notes

Spoiler

• Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs
  • Amnesia: The Dark Descent
  • Bioshock (also have Remastered)
  • Bioshock 2 (also have Remastered)
  • Bioshock Infinite
  • Death Road to Canada
  • Fallout (didn't really care for, but never bothered removing from library)
  • FATE: The Traitor Soul (childhood game. Been playing it a lot lately...)
  • Grand Theft Auto V
  • A Hat in Time
  • Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Death Rabbit (came with Jet Set Radio)
  • Jet Set Radio
  • No Time to Relax
  • Psychonauts
  • SEGA Mega Drive & Genesis Classics (only have Golden Axe, came with Jet Set Radio)
  • Slime Rancher
  • Super Animal Royale "Super Free Edition"
  • Undertale

Figured I'd throw in my Wishlist as well, since I use it mainly to save games I'm interested in, but not sure if I wanna buy yet. Some of these (mainly the psychological horror and horror ones) were added by a sibling.

Spoiler

• Borderlands 2
  • Cuphead
  • RimWorld
  • The Long Dark
  • ARK: Survival Evolved
  • Call of Cthulhu
  • Parkitect
  • Planet Coaster
  • Pathologic 2
  • NieR:Automata
  • Wandersong
  • Two Point Hospital
  • Guts and Glory
  • Pikuniku
  • Underhero
  • MONSTER HUNTER: WORLD
  • West of Loathing
  • Yuppie Psycho
  • Devil May Cry 5
  • The Evil Within 2
  • When Ski Lifts Go Wrong
  • Thief Simulator
  • Crash Banicoot N.Sane Trilogy
  • KovaaK's FPS Aim Trainer (...my aim in FPSs sucks)
  • Sunset Overdrive
  • Pummel Party
  • Nelke & the Legendary Alchemists ~Ateliers of the New World
  • I hate this game
  • ISLANDERS

Also have Danganronpas 1, 2, and V3 in my Cart because the bundle couldn't be wishlisted.

Also have Overwatch, Elsword, and Maplestory independent of Steam.

...think my Nintendo library might help to.

Spoiler

On The Switch

• Splatoon 2 (played Splatoon 1 as well, but I just assume it's dead there.)
  • Super Smash Bros Ultimate (also played SSB3DS and SSBWiiU)
  • Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 2
  • Puyo Puyo Tetris
  • Shovel Knight
  • Kirby Star Allies
  • SKYRIM (it was a christmas gift before I got this powerful gaming rig)
  • Tetris 99
  • Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze
  • Pokemon LETS GO Pikachu
  • Hollow Knight
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
  • Okami
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  • Fire Emblem: Warriors
  • DOOM
  • Pokken Tournament DX
  • ARMS

On 3DS

• Fire Emblem Fates (all paths)
  • Fire Emblem Awakening
  • Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
  • Mainseries Pokemon games (Blue, Silver, Soulsilver, Black, White 2, Y, Alpha Sapphire, Sun, Moon, Ultra Moon)
  • Animal Crossing: New Leaf
  • Mario Kart 7
  • Mario and Luigi: Dream Team
  • Retro City Rampage
  • Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
  • Super Mario 3D Land
  • The Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes
  • Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon
  • Super Smash Bros for 3DS (pretty much just Smash Run though)
  • Kirby: Planet Robobot
  • Monter Hunter 4
  • Kid Icarus: Uprising
  • Okamiden
  • Super Street Fighter 4 3D

I do also have Wii U, but I boxed it and its games a while ago.

Edited by Xenomata
Added in Genres I like/don't like and my game list

If you like mindless fun of blowing stuff up, I would recommend Earth Defense Force 4.1. The biggest hurdle is if one has a fear of insects and spiders as the game pits the players against a lot of them, and some maps are in underground caverns. If this is a problem, then probably pass on this title.
Otherwise, you get crazy weapons to blow up giant insects with a fun, nonsensical storyline. Some of the VAs in 4.1 worked on Fire Emblem. Also, no matter what happens, I found the playerbase to be pretty awesome, especially if everyone ends up singing. As an example of how crazy things can get, here's a video for one of the missions.

If you want to delve deep into how powerful modding is, perhaps try out Skyrim on PC? It may be an older game now and I haven't checked its mods in some time, but I remember there were plenty of fun mods to mess around with in Skyrim. One of my favorites was the Helgen Reborn mod which had its own storyline about rebuilding Helgen (the town that was burned down at the very start of the game).

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen is one of my favorite games of all time. Imagine Monster Hunter, but in a "D&D Fantasy Setting." Climb cyclops to stab their eye or toss up allies at a flying Griffon to drag it down to the ground. One of the best things about Dragon's Dogma are the AI allies, as they are rather helpful, talkative, and fight pretty well in combat. The climatic battle with the Dragon near the end is also extremely epic.
If I had one main complaint, it is that early game can be rather rough. I was supposed to reach a forest area for a quest, but I kept getting my butt kicked by bandit leaders. Apparently going at night replaces the bandit spawns with wolves which are easier to handle, but I avoided going at night since "nighttime is more dangerous" or something. Otherwise, difficulty is fairly consistent throughout.

If you want strategy games, there's always XCOM and XCOM 2. I would say the differences are enough to warrant playing both titles, but if I just had to choose one, XCOM 2 would probably win out since it is a bit more refined.
The first title is you playing against invading aliens, and the general "tech level" is higher as the player gets access to Mechs and Genetic Mods if playing the Enemy Within expansion. Also, the first game has a flying suit which is essentially broken on a Sniper, as a flying Sniper can almost hit anything within line of sight.
The second title is a scenario where one "loses" the first game, so the Aliens have taken over Earth and it is up to the XCOM resistance to make things right. While some tech and enemies are shared between both titles, some are exclusive to their respective games.

Well
Any genres you like? Any games you like you want something similiar to?

Nonetheless, here are some recs:

• Ys Series: Action RPG from Falcom. Good old challenging high speed Action. You can start from any game except the 2nd one, as it's a direct sequel to the first one.

• Trails Series: Story JRPG from Falcom. Now this is a time sink, since they are 9 connected games. But worth it, imo (even if i am not that fond of the current Arc). First Game is Trails in The Sky.

• Bayonetta: High Speed Action Gameplay made by Platinum. Fun, sweet, and short.

• Grandia 2: Good old Fantasy RPG. Just classic Adventure with a dude and his party.

• Evoland 2: a Genre mix between every game people in my Age played growing up, put in a neat Fantasy Story. From ARPG to JRPG to Jump'n'Run to even puzzle games. It has everything really.

• Tales of Berseria: The result of a Hero sacrificing someone for the World, and the Girl whose Brother was sacrificed. May be a bit edgy, but understandable considering the backstory. I found it pretty enjoable tbh

• Valkyria Chronicles: While not really a fantasy adventure, it's a strategy RPG about Fantasy WW2. if you are in the mood for some thinking and like strategy, take a look at it (or VC4)

• Witcher 3: While i didn't finish yet, so i can't say much about it, alooooooot of people love it.

• Grim dawn: Diablo like, play with friends

• Neptunia Series: If you are really into gaming, animanga & nerd stuff and love References/Parodies, take a look at this. It's basically one giant Parody of everything nerd-ish, especially jp/otaku stuff (but not only those)

• Portal + Portal 2: very well designed Puzzle game

• Counter Strike: If you are into shooters. Play with friends, as alone it isn't that much fun, imo

• 100% Orange Juice: Lose your friends, PC Edition

• Trine 2: jump'n'run fun with friends

• Rocket League: Football (ie. Soccer for Muricans) but with Cars. Multiplayer.

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

I'm not sure if there's an unspoken rule or anything about sharing your game library online, but I can throw that together if necessary...

Uh...  I don't think there's any unwritten rules about sharing your game library.  It's like people who share what they're playing in their sigs on forums.  So it should be okay.  In fact, I think telling us about your library would help.

What might be considered an unwritten rule is whenever you ask for help with an issue you're having for any particular game, you should always list your specs.  Mainly the GPU, CPU, RAM, and Operating System.  And with game modifications (such as downloading armor mods for Skyrim), you should list what mods you use and, if applicable, what the load order for those mods is.

Anyway...

The only thing I know about you is you seem to play FE Heroes.  So... uh, I guess I'd recommend some strategy games.  Namely Valkyria Chronicles and XCOM: Enemy Unknown/Within (Within is an expansion of Unknown).  Former is like an anime WW2 with deadly girls, and the latter is a game all about setting up a force to fight off evil aliens (it's more graphic than the other games mentioned though, sometimes verging into some really disturbing stuff, so be advised).

Also, there's Disgaea.  I've not played much of it, but it's totally off-the-wall and ridiculous.  It's a strategy game geared towards grinding, and it's set in an underworld-type of setting with demons and exploding penguins.

Aside from that, I don't know about anything else that might appeal to you unless there are genres you like besides gachas and strategy.  I will mention Super Dragon Ball Heroes: World Mission, a strategy card game that is a gacha, though that'd only really appeal to you if you're a fan of any Dragon Ball series (original Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, Dragon Ball GT, or Dragon Ball Super).  I haven't played it myself, but I know it's hardcore Fanservice: The Video Game™.

Some games I personally find fun are Stardew Valley ( @Michelaar could tell you all about that; it's a farm sim like Harvest Moon), Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (sci-fi RPG using D&D 4e's system), Fallout (Post-apocalyptic RPGs [first two are CRPGs, 3 and beyond are shooter RPGs]; I'd recommend all of them except 76), The Elder Scrolls (Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim; first/third-person RPG), the Mass Effect trilogy, and so many other games that would just keep me here all day if I were to list them all.

I play a lot of pixel games because my laptop is crap, but they're still AMAZING games. I highly recommend all of these.

Nuclear Throne

Enter the Gungeon

Stardew Valley

Starbound

Secrets of Grindea

Crypt of the Necrodancer

Baba is You

Dead Cells

VA-11 Hall-A

I've not gotten to look at everything yet, but there's some good looking games here...

1 hour ago, Ertrick36 said:

Uh...  I don't think there's any unwritten rules about sharing your game library.  It's like people who share what they're playing in their sigs on forums.  So it should be okay.  In fact, I think telling us about your library would help.

What might be considered an unwritten rule is whenever you ask for help with an issue you're having for any particular game, you should always list your specs.  Mainly the GPU, CPU, RAM, and Operating System.  And with game modifications (such as downloading armor mods for Skyrim), you should list what mods you use and, if applicable, what the load order for those mods is.

Added in Genre's I like and Game list (even threw in my Nintendo Switch and 3DS Library if that'd help)

I don't have any mods (I don't think any of the games I have besides GTAV even have mods...), and while I can access my specs, I don't think I need to yet, at least not for the reason you said I should.

Edited by Xenomata

Before you run off with your shopping list, PC games have some insane seasonal sales. Steam should be doing their summer slae by the end of June.

Decent suggestions thus far. I will add

• Warhammer Vermintide 2. It's basically a left 4 dead game but medieval fantasy and it rocks if you have friends.
  • The Batman Arkham series are wonderful games.
  • Alan Wake is one of my favorite horror games. Not as grotesque as Silent Hill but fits that sort of psychological horror.
  • The Dark Souls trilogy is great if you haven't jumped in.
  • Dead Rising series
  • FTL: Faster than Light is very addictive
  • Papers, Please
  • Spec Ops: The Line

3 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Added in Genre's I like and Game list (even threw in my Nintendo Switch and 3DS Library if that'd help)

That will help, certainly.

3 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I don't have any mods (I don't think any of the games I have besides GTAV even have mods...), and while I can access my specs, I don't think I need to yet, at least not for the reason you said I should.

You wouldn't have mods, of course, but it is common enough for PC gamers to mod games that it should be said regardless.

And you won't need specs until you run into performance issues with games.  It's important to keep in mind that not all performance issues are due to an inadequacy in any of your components.  Sometimes games just don't optimize for your rig, and other times a game's so old that it literally can't tell that your specs are powerful enough to handle everything it throws at you.  If you start off a troubleshooting thread by listing the specs, those more knowledgeable will be able to tell you a lot of things immediately.

Though now I'll get onto my new recommendations.

• Fallout 3, New Vegas, and 4 - Hear me out, these aren't like Fallout 1 and 2.  They are shooter RPGs, and, oddly enough, aren't as grimdark serious as the first game was.  They're nowhere as archaic and difficult to understand, and they give you better guidance.  New Vegas in particular is my all time favorite Fallout game, though the other two I mentioned are solid as well.  In 3 and New Vegas, you can choose a particular way to progress via skill improvements and perks; Fallout 4 removes the former entirely and uses the latter to make progression more streamlined.  Not only that, but all games are heavily moddable.  However, I will say you might have difficulty getting Fallout 3 to run if you play on Windows 10, but you won't miss out on anything important if you skip around in the series.
  • Stardew Valley - I'll elaborate on this now.  It's first and foremost a game about setting up your own little farmland adjacent to a small town.  However, it isn't necessarily just a game where you build a farm.  In it, you meet about a dozen-and-a-half people living in the same town as you and befriend them (possibly even marrying and having kids), delve into mines infested with monsters that you have to defeat with a sword you get from an adventurers guild (which is literally just, like, two people), harvest wildflowers, participate in festivals, and try to help uplift a community that's barely escaping the stranglehold of a soulless corporation (Joja Corp; basically Walmart, but more overtly EVIL).  It doesn't just feel like a game where you're building a farm; it feels like a game where you're rebuilding a community.
  • Mass Effect - Kind of the true start of the notorious "dialogue choice wheel" that would later be panned by critics, the series is nonetheless quite good.  It is a sci-fi action-shooter RPG with squad-based mechanics (squad's mostly NPCs controlled by AI, but you have some degree of control over them).  You play as a customizable character called Commander Shepard, who can be of any gender and has several background options that impact the story in some ways.  As you go through, you are given more decisions about how you want to conduct yourself and complete your missions, you can affect your squadmates in major ways (in some cases you can full on romance them), and all your decisions carry throughout the trilogy (only the trilogy, though; Andromeda is not affected whatsoever).  To quote a snarky NPC from the second game, "it's all about big choices and visceral combat".  I will say if you get around to the third game, immediately download and install the extended cut for that one, because otherwise the ending will be exceptionally disappointing and BS.
  • Half-Life - Listen, if you like action and shooters, all the games in this series are the shit.  There are no cutscenes - you are always seeing things from the perspective of the main character, Gordon Freeman (or in the DLCs for the first game, from the perspective of either a soldier or a guard named Barney Calhoun).  You'll be blasting and whacking your way through hordes of alien monstrosities and tricky physics puzzles with anything from a trusty crowbar to a crazy beam gun that instantly turns things into mush.  Depending on how you play, you will either be slowly crawling your way from point to point tactfully, or you'll be nimbly crouch-jumping around tripwires faster than a flash of lightning.  You wouldn't think that being a scientist with a shotgun would feel so badass and fun.
  • Elder Scrolls - Yes, I'd recommend getting Skyrim again, as well.  Otherwise, main recommendations are Oblivion and Morrowind.  Play them through completely vanilla, then mod to your heart's content.  Action RPGs that have kinda simplistic combat, but fun progression and other such customization systems.  Fun guild quests, too, sometimes.  There's one for the assassin's guild in Oblivion called "Who Done It?" which is basically a reverse murder mystery where you're the killer and have to convince everyone that someone else is the killer as you pick them off one-by-one quietly (or pit them against each other).  Endless fun, lots of replayability... and probably actually millions of mods between the three games.

That's all I have for now.  There are a few more I can probably think of, but I don't want to overload you.

6 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

Some games I personally find fun are Stardew Valley ( @Michelaar could tell you all about that; it's a farm sim like Harvest Moon), Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (sci-fi RPG using D&D 4e's system), Fallout (Post-apocalyptic RPGs [first two are CRPGs, 3 and beyond are shooter RPGs]; I'd recommend all of them except 76), The Elder Scrolls (Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim; first/third-person RPG), the Mass Effect trilogy, and so many other games that would just keep me here all day if I were to list them all.

*Clears throat*

Looking for a relaxing game that will run on practically any pc? Like farming and mining, while breeding animals and getting to know people at the same time? Then Stardew Valley is THE game for you! There is hours and hours and HOURS of fun gameplay, and every character in the game has their own unique personality that makes it fun getting to know each and every one of them. You can run the farm of your dreams while listening to the relaxing music this game offers. There's someone for everyone to do, so if you're looking for something more relazing, then I can fully reccomend Stardew Valley for you!

Also it's really cheap, so another plus!

Duke Nukem 3D: I'm assuming that you haven't played this on DOS when you were a kid, if you didn't, give this a shot. Duke has some funny lines, the levels are great and the story is pretty long for MS-DOS standards, taking 6-8 hours.

DOOM: Doom 1 and 2 are pretty good to start of with, and, besides the 2016 DOOM re-imagining, are the only good ones in the series. 

Of course you need emulators for these, but they shouldn't be that hard to download.

14 hours ago, Xenomata said:
  • Borderlands 2

Play with friends

14 hours ago, Xenomata said:
  • Crash Banicoot N.Sane Trilogy

That brings back alot of memories. I used to play the original back then on the PS1

I'm going to put things out for the genres you listed, but will split "strategy" into "tactics" games and "strategy games".. I'll put a last categorty of some of my personal favorites that are also gateway games to their non-listed genres. Also I would give you a sentence or two to pitch these games, but the forum will give me a bot message, and this thread isn't worth another 2 hours.

Platformer

Super Meat Boy - 

Oddworld: Abe's Odyssee - 

Pekka Kanna 2 - Of all these games, this is the hardest to run on modern PCs

RPG

Wizardry 8 - 

Jade Empire - 

Dark Messiah

Baldur's Gate 2 

FPS etc

Insurgency Sandstorm - 

Doom, Doom 2(1993) (1994) - 

Descent: Freespace - 

Team Fortress 2 -

MDK -

Rez Infinite - 

SWAT 4 - 

Strategy

Command and Conquer 3 Kane's Wrath - 

Age of Empires 2 - 

Total Annihiliation- 

Homeworld 1 -  If you play it through the remastered collection. Homeworld 1 Classic uses a Ballistics RNG system, while Homeworld 2 uses a Percentile RNG system. Thus Homeworld 1 Remastered is really a mod made within Homeworld 2's engine and its balance is WAY off. 

StarCraft 1 - 

Knights of Honor - 

Tactics

Company of Heroes 2 - 

Jagged Alliance 2 - 

Silent Storm - 

Battle for Wesnoth -  This game originally had heavily scripted AI for all the campaigns, but when the global "RCA" Ai was revamped, most of the campaigns did not compensate for it, and thus they tend to be a lot easier. The strength of the game is Multiplayer and "skirmish like" maps anyway.

Co-op

Overcooked 2 - 

Rocket League -

Monaco: What's Yours is Mine - 

Divinity Original Sin 2 - 

Personal

Creatures 1-2 -

Roller Coaster Tycoon - 

Ace Combat 7 -

Stephen's Sausage Roll - 

Head over Heels 2003 - 

Forza Horizon 4 - 

@Sire I'm considering Earth Defense Force... it looks just ridiculous enough that I think I can enjoy it and not have to take it TOO seriously... if at all.

@Glennstavos Oh man I used to play the first few Dead Risings so much... does DR1 still have survivors missing large chunks of brain functionality? And what about DR3 and 4? I know 3 wasn't considered as good as the past 2 (3?), but still held up as a good DR game, and then 4 was... nobody liked it, and I watched a video comparing DR4 to DR1, with DR1... my god, do landslides usually have to be so large?

@Ertrick36 I just bought New Vegas (thanks Post-Apocalypse sale), might get 4 as well if I like what I play. I mean, it's $30 USD for a $30 USD game, but with almost $30 USD worth of DLC. Man, Glennstavos was right about those sales, they are worth taking even a peek at...

@Tryhard I checked Total War, and... there's a lot of them. Do you have any particular first recommendation, or should I basically close my eyes and throw a dart at the wall?

@Michelaar Welp... between you and Ertick, I think I oughta check out Stardew...

29 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

@Tryhard I checked Total War, and... there's a lot of them. Do you have any particular first recommendation, or should I basically close my eyes and throw a dart at the wall?

Depends on what setting interests you the most. If you have any interest in Warhammer fantasy, then Total Warhammer 2 is probably the best choice if you have a PC that can run it. Otherwise, I'd likely go with Shogun 2 despite it being eight years old at this point. Rome 2 has also had a lot of improvements since release. Attila is a standalone expansion to Rome II that is good as well. And there is a Three Kingdoms game coming out next week (although since the launches of these games are usually pretty rough, I would advise waiting).

The one recommendation is that you skip Thrones of Britannia since it was generally panned.

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

@Sire I'm considering Earth Defense Force... it looks just ridiculous enough that I think I can enjoy it and not have to take it TOO seriously... if at all.

If you cruise around on Normal difficulty, yeah the game is fairly straightforward. However, late-game (like missions beyond 70) will require some strategy to get through. Difficulties beyond Hard also changes things a bit as the swarms become a lot more lethal and one can no longer really facetank everything. Friendly Fire is also less forgiving on higher difficulties.

EDF can be played single player, "2-player couch co-op," and up to 4 players online. I personally soloed the campaign a bit before heading online. Your character progression carries over from offline to online and vice-versa, but mission unlocks are separated as online has some exclusive missions that solo play doesn't.
- - - - -
Alternatively, if you are interested in playing the latest installment, EDF 5 is out on Playstation consoles. EDF 5 is apparently a better game with tons of quality of life improvements, but the localization was done poorly and by a different company compared to 4.1. I'm personally holding out hope for a PC port though, but there's been no word regarding one. Iron Rain is a spinoff and has a mixed reception, so I would stick with either 4.1 or 5.

Regarding the Total War games, if you like the Warhammer universe or Fantasy settings, Total War Warhammer may be a good choice. I haven't picked it up personally, but I hear the games are actually good if you can get past their DLC practices. I want to say the differences between the first and second title are the available factions and the map, although they can be combined to make a "super campaign" of sorts. The biggest thing is that these titles are relatively new and may require a "supercomputer" to run properly. However, I haven't followed these games closely, so I may be wrong in my assumptions.

Otherwise, Shogun 2 and Medieval II: Definite Edition are solid choices. They may be older titles, but they are still fun to play and mess around with. Medieval II is older, but it did have great mods such as a Lord of the Rings conversion mod.

4 hours ago, Xenomata said:

@Glennstavos Oh man I used to play the first few Dead Risings so much... does DR1 still have survivors missing large chunks of brain functionality? And what about DR3 and 4? I know 3 wasn't considered as good as the past 2 (3?), but still held up as a good DR game, and then 4 was... nobody liked it, and I watched a video comparing DR4 to DR1, with DR1... my god, do landslides usually have to be so large?

The version of DR1 you'll find on Steam is the 2016 remaster, and it's quite good! You can especially trust in any of Capcom's PC ports or remasters in the last five years, they've all been very high quality from I've heard. DR1HD sports modern resolution and 60FPS, unlike the original. Load times and the time it takes to save are near instant in the remaster which is nice. But otherwise is the same game. The infamous Survivor AI has not been touched. I know that has been a deal breaker for many people trying to enjoy the original game so it warrants mention.

DR2 and Off the Record have been on PC for a long time, and to my knowledge haven't had any major touch ups on PC. The online co-op can be pretty unstable in my experience when it comes to hit detection. And your friend must be near you in order to enter a new loading zone just like any survivor. Still great games though. DR2 is my personal favorite of the series, and Off the Record serves as decent remix of the game worth picking up on sale if you've seen all 2 has to offer.

DR3's co-op experience is the ideal way to play, in my opinion. Playing this game solo can still be fun, but if you can convince a friend to play with you it's a blast. Plus the game world isn't split into zones so you and your coop partner never need to be near each other and can side quest independently or ride in the same vehicle. This game in general has a more casual-friendly gameplay style and it's not a bad thing. You can craft weapons on the go and they're all just extremely powerful. The Weapons locker definitely breaks the game since you can spawn yourself copies of the best weapons you've ever crafted any time you're in a safe house. The Level up system now allows you to choose upgrades instead of getting a random bonus to a stat which I prefer over how level ups functioned in the first two games. The time limit is far less restrictive, and there's an optional mode to shrink the game's seven day time limit down to 3 if you want a real challenge. Taking these things together, it's a fine game.

DR4 I have not played. I've heard it got better with updates but its core design just isn't very Dead Rising. 

Also nice pickup on Fallout: New Vegas. The game has some issues loading on a modern system. If you experience an endless loading screen, there are fanmade mods to fix the problem so it stops happening. I had to do this myself.

Edited by Glennstavos

11 hours ago, Xenomata said:

@Michelaar Welp... between you and Ertick, I think I oughta check out Stardew...

Definitely should! If you have any questions, hit me up with a PM or something and I'm glad to help ^^