Reddit Leak Thread (POTENTIAL SPOILERS)

9 hours ago, Mylady said:

Uh oh Sothis would be Byleth's pixie dream loli girl. 

Byleth saw Sothis in their dreams and she came true! Cheesiest love story ever.

Also for now, I believe the leak. Everything the leaker mentioned is true. Claude's retainer was not stated at all, could easily be Hilda. 

I mentioned it earlier in this thread, but the leaker has explicitly said that Hilda isn't a retainer, but fulfills a similar function in the story.

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the leak ends up being even partially true story wise, this could EASILY be the absolute best game in the series, even better than my current favourite- FE path of radiance.

I mean, canto's back even, heck yeah!!

Fire Emblem: Three Houses? More like...Fire Emblem: Best Game Ever Made!

Edited by Dinar87

14 hours ago, Mylady said:

Uh oh Sothis would be Byleth's pixie dream loli girl. 

Byleth saw Sothis in their dreams and she came true! Cheesiest love story ever.

Also for now, I believe the leak. Everything the leaker mentioned is true. Claude's retainer was not stated at all, could easily be Hilda. 

Uh...it's been confirmed she's not a retainer Claude likely just doesn't have any which I can honestly see since he's more chill of the three.

Edited by Dorothea Joestar Arnold

24 minutes ago, Dorothea Joestar Arnold said:

Uh...it's been confirmed she's not a retainer Claude likely just doesn't have any which I can honestly see since he's more chill of the three.

I haven't really been following, but even though I am skeptical of the "leak", I don't think this is proof against or for it.

Apparently, the user clarified what they meant before the Famitsu issue came out. Hubert is the only true retainer and the others either willingly serve their leader (Dedue) or are close friends (Lorenz and Hilda).

Also, Lorenz and/or Hilda not being mentioned as retainers in their profiles doesn't mean they aren't retainers. But I guess if they were, it would have been a very good opportunity to mention it...

Personally, I'm waiting for more info--like the names of unannounced characters--before I really shoot them down XD

24 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

I haven't really been following, but even though I am skeptical of the "leak", I don't think this is proof against or for it.

Apparently, the user clarified what they meant before the Famitsu issue came out. Hubert is the only true retainer and the others either willingly serve their leader (Dedue) or are close friends (Lorenz and Hilda).

Also, Lorenz and/or Hilda not being mentioned as retainers in their profiles doesn't mean they aren't retainers. But I guess if they were, it would have been a very good opportunity to mention it...

Personally, I'm waiting for more info--like the names of unannounced characters--before I really shoot them down XD

Same here, I think when people meant "retainer" they're referring to characters that serve under that particular character than just a full out retainer neither which Lorenz and/or Hilda are described as. Friends makes sense but it's not serving under the character. I also noticed that non-crest wielders serve the house leaders which makes sense since the noble houses with a crest have their own prestige and reputation if Claude we're to have one it would likely follow suit.

If the leaks are true my thoughts:

• I don't see the game art style working effectively in a setting like that. The first trailer looked like that granted, but it seemed unappealing with all the brown and rain.
  • Monastery only playing a major role for the first half feels wasted. Why advertise the premise of the trailers only to throw it away midway? Unless the professor is planning to give lectures in camps. 
  • A 5-year time skip could work but it needs to be meaningful. There can't really be any major changes off-screen to the characters so how exactly will that be utilized?
  •  The 4 routes I think are only paper thin. Reusing the same maps but with different student classes. Sounds fun to replay though.
  • I like the idea of the characters being more connected to each other. Quite different than the previous games.
  •  Dimitri arc of being a survivor can work but requires nuance. Otherwise going to be melodramatic.
  •  Saying that the world building is being compared to FE4 doesn't give me much faith. What can be said about the likes of Verdane, Agustria, or the Lopor cult?
  • Killing off nonimportant units story wise is bold. I'll be annoyed if a unit I invested deeply got a cheap death.
  •  

Overall if it's true, a lot of the story beats requires good execution. 

7 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Killing off nonimportant units story wise is bold. I'll be annoyed if a unit I invested deeply got a cheap death.

Yeah, I've never been a fan of scripted deaths. Queen Emmeryn's was played well (and I didn't mind her surviving and being playable later via the extra levels), but Queen Mikoto... We just met her. What was the point? If we had gotten to know her more, it would have had more impact. Most of the plot deaths in Fates were poorly handled. 

The only way I can see any timeskip of the Monestary working after the "supposed" first part of the game is that the characters graduate(which could mean it's less relevant for that reason) and we now become the commander of whichever army we pick and no longer a teacher but still can give people commands on what to study/practice/group tasks/interactions etc to keep all the major mechanics intact. Also the academy can turn into a military base further in so not out of the realm. (Realistically I can actually see this being the case now).

I'd be ecstatic if we left the monastery partway through the game, as I think the alternative (having nearly the whole game take place in that setting) would be extremely boring and not-fire emblem. However, if there's the right amount of time spent there, it could add as a huge boost to the characters you'd want to use, and then a traditional fire emblem type game would happen afterwards. Maybe you could even occasionally visit the monastery too? 

In general I think three houses gets a lot of undeserved bashing for things like it's art style (not talking about the graphical quality here) when I love the more realistic, less colorful take going on here with the environments and stuff. It reminds me a lot of the Tellius series...y'know some of my favorite games of all time?

As for the "leak", apparently orange haired boi revealed recently has a competitive grudge with eldegard, something predicted by thanibomb? None of this "proof" seems that credible, but hey, I'd rather believe the game will be a mix of traditional and experimental fire emblem than the alternative...a literal  "military academy" (highschool) persona ripoff with fire emblem grid battles, where you'd never leave the school for the whole game and the story would be boring too.

Edited by Dinar87

1 hour ago, PrincessAlyson said:

Yeah, I've never been a fan of scripted deaths. Queen Emmeryn's was played well (and I didn't mind her surviving and being playable later via the extra levels), but Queen Mikoto... We just met her. What was the point? If we had gotten to know her more, it would have had more impact. Most of the plot deaths in Fates were poorly handled. 

I found problem with Awakening and Fates is how they cut out story for Drama CD.

Drama CD really fills in the void for character development, particular Lucina, Corrin, Mikoto and Takumi.

Problem is that it's not integrated in the game, and 95% player never know it's existence.

Edited by Timlugia

22 minutes ago, Timlugia said:

Problem is that it's not integrated in the game, and 95% player never know it's existence.

Yes, that is definitely stupid. If they went through the effort to make a drama CD, then why not use it somehow? If they didn't like how it turned out, they could've just taken what they DID like and make it canon while ignoring/denying the rest. Waste of a good thing, really.

2 minutes ago, PrincessAlyson said:

Yes, that is definitely stupid. If they went through the effort to make a drama CD, then why not use it somehow? If they didn't like how it turned out, they could've just taken what they DID like and make it canon while ignoring/denying the rest. Waste of a good thing, really.

My guess is memory limitation. I don't think 3DS could really contain 3 hours long voice acting.

But I think the CD should be included in every copy and region, not just selective edition.

More information from Thanibomb, on the Golden Deer's Marianne: 

From what I can tell you, she has a cursed bloodline that runs in her family. As a result, she tries her best to stay away from others and forces herself to be a bit of a loner for her companions' sake. So yes, I suppose she is "depressed" to a degree. I'd watch out for the name "Maurice" when it comes to her.

All in all, I think you'd like her. She has... some similarities to Pelleas after all. :)

If only the game come out a bit sooner we wouldn't be through this....^as for that "new bio" I really hope that Marianne is indeed next for this Fridays Golden Deer reveal even if that piece about her is true at this point this person really only knows the basic things about the characters at least while everything else probably not.

24 minutes ago, User name said:

You know i was wondering, we know that the last two GD girls are named Marianne and Lysithea.

Are we SURE that the white haired one is Lysithea? Maybe its the other way around?

We are basing that off of this image, which appears to show the 3H version of Mila's Turnwheel. Only Hilda and the white-haired girl are greyed out, which means she should be Lysithea based on the accompanying text.

IiY8XU2.jpg

8 minutes ago, egobarrier said:

We are basing that off of this image, which appears to show the 3H version of Mila's Turnwheel. Only Hilda and the white-haired girl are greyed out, which means she should be Lysithea based on the accompanying text.

IiY8XU2.jpg

Yeah that looks about right, thank you!

1 hour ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Okay, now I'm confused.  I knew the name Lysithea rang a bell.

Who was it that ThaniBomb was believed to have made up?

Well so far Thani has mentioned I think 3 characters we do not have confirmation of? Setes, Cyril, and Elio(?don’t remember if this was the exact name).

but if you’re referring to Lysithea specifically, we all knew Thani didn’t make the character up. What we still don’t know is if her entire back story and role in the game is made up. 

3 minutes ago, Jakalak said:

Well so far Thani has mentioned I think 3 characters we do not have confirmation of? Setes, Cyril, and Elio(?don’t remember if this was the exact name).

but if you’re referring to Lysithea specifically, we all knew Thani didn’t make the character up. What we still don’t know is if her entire back story and role in the game is made up. 

There's also Catherine, who is supposedly the blonde woman with the fiery sword from the February Direct.

Just now, BastienSoul said:

There's also Catherine, who is supposedly the blonde woman with the fiery sword from the February Direct.

Ah, you are right. Forgot about that one, thank you.

6 minutes ago, Jakalak said:

I get it now.  Thanks.

We'll definitely know by Saturday - from what Thani says Setes, Cyril, Caterine and Alois seem to be 4 prominent NPCs so whoever they reveal this weekend it should likely line up with one of these 4 names.