June New Heroes Banner Predictions

Predictions and hopes  

66 members have voted

1. 1. What game are you predicting the banner to be based on?

• Shadow Dragon/New Mystery
    • Shadows of Valentia
    • Geneology of the Holy War
    • Thracia 776
    • Binding Blade
    • Blazing Sword
    • Sacred Stones
    • Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn
    • Awakening
    • Fates
    • Three Houses
    • Warriors
    • Tokyo Mirage Sessions
    • Cipher
    • Original
    • Multiple games/themed
  2. 2. What game would you want it to be for?

• Shadow Dragon/New Mystery
    • Shadows of Valentia
    • Geneology of the Holy War
    • Thracia 776
    • Binding Blade
    • Blazing Sword
    • Sacred Stones
    • Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn
    • Awakening
    • Fates
    • Three Houses
    • Warriors
    • Tokyo Mirage Sessions
    • Cipher
    • Original
    • Multiple games/themed

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/08/2019 at 07:09 PM

Reinhardt's alt was as unnecessary as the rest of the New Heroes alts and Olwen's even more so, but the FE5 banner as a while was still the best out of that whole alt era and the was no basis for expecting any more new characters at the time.

From January to August 2018, no banner brought more than four new characters, counting free ones, and that's how many FE5 had. The reasonable expectation was Leif, Finn, Nanna, and one other new character. We got that, just with some alts added as well.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

God I hated the year of unnecessary alts so much. If I could travel through time, I would change IS' plans for Year Two and replace all the unnecessary alts with actually new characters (like Knoll instead of Mage Knight Eirika, Reina instead of Kinshi Knight Hinoka, Asvel instead of Green Tome Olwen, Mareeta instead of Master Sword Reinhardt, etc.)

This would've been the ideal thing to do during that year (and replace Exalt Chrom with any other gen 2 Awakening kid, one that didn't overlap either Morgan, and replace Zelgius with some Dawn Brigade unit). But unfortunately IS decided that it was going to be the year of the alts, which went on for a handful of banners.

46 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

Like, it honestly angers me that IS deliberately sabotaged the FE5 banner all because people meme voted for a character who honestly didn't deserve an alt

Sword Reinhardt was released in April of 2018, barely more than 2 months after CYL 2. Reinhardt's inclusion on the World of Thracia banner was planned long before CYL 2.

10 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

I've never played Thracia before so I'm convinced Reinhardt and Olwen are the dual protagonists of that game. They're the only ones with alts AND they're the first arrivals besides.

So going off of your logic, Sanaki is actually the main character of at least Radiant Dawn, if not both Tellius games? Eh, I could live with that though I know a certain someone else on this board couldn't.

On 5/20/2019 at 11:27 PM, Sunwoo said:

Hey now, don't be so pessimistic about Thracia.

Maybe it'll be the last banner we get before the game dies for good.

Marty should be crazy min-maxed then. If they wanted to make him true to his origin self then, with 168 BST:

60 HP 28 Atk 0 Spd 40 Def 0 Res 40 Con; Axe with Wary Fighter and Steady Breath 4.

Because he deserves a stat nobody else has.

23 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

I've never played Thracia before so I'm convinced Reinhardt and Olwen are the dual protagonists of that game. They're the only ones with alts AND they're the first arrivals besides.

Shames you don'ts emulate. A new translation patch is on the verge of completion, to be released no later than early next month I believe. The old one had menus that were neither Japanese nor English, they apparently were as understandable as the Voynich Manuscript. This new patch should also get rid of any "just hit puberty and I so want to f***!" novice translation errors and outright changes.

24 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

A reminder that it took 16 months for Marth to get his first alt and that Caeda and Catria both beat him to it. Sigurd, Seliph, and Anna have been out longer than Leaf and also still have no alts.

Though I mostly agree on how the alts in New Heroes banners are a waste of a potential new characters I can't hate them because some of them were a literal godsent.

Like Flying Olivia. I can't even begin to explain how useful a flying dancer has been to me and without her we wouldn't have an easily obtainable flying dancer. The other ones are seasonal and legendary only. On the same logic I would accept another alt in a new heroes banner if it was an armored mage like Arvis. An armored mage in the regular summoning pool would be so useful.

9 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

Though I mostly agree on how the alts in New Heroes banners are a waste of a potential new characters I can't hate them because some of them were a literal godsent.

Like Flying Olivia. I can't even begin to explain how useful a flying dancer has been to me and without her we wouldn't have an easily obtainable flying dancer. The other ones are seasonal and legendary only. On the same logic I would accept another alt in a new heroes banner if it was an armored mage like Arvis. An armored mage in the regular summoning pool would be so useful.

Don't forget the herons. Reyson is even available at 4*.

I don't think any of them are particularly noteworthy anymore. Eirika is still probably the best red tome cavalry, I guess.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Sword Reinhardt was released in April of 2018, barely more than 2 months after CYL 2. Reinhardt's inclusion on the World of Thracia banner was planned long before CYL 2.

Still stupid that they did that when there's still so few FE5 exclusive characters in the game

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

This new patch should also get rid of any "just hit puberty and I so want to f***!" novice translation errors and outright changes.

Hmm. Hopefully the 2027 NOA translation adds those back in. Tired of these no-dick-having JRPG protagonists. You can slay Gods but you can't tell your crush you like her? C'mon.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Caeda and Catria both 

would be excellent replacement Lords for Shadow Dragon's Third Remake, I agree.

33 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Hmm. Hopefully the 2027 NOA translation adds those back in. Tired of these no-dick-having JRPG protagonists. You can slay Gods but you can't tell your crush you like her? C'mon.

You reminded me of this (Zelda related), you've probably already seen it though.

Agreed that RPG protags should be more frank about their love relationships. Always have to give them points when they play it cool and aren't "I... -no... -we aren't -It isn't like that! *blushes*". How is love so hard when war is so easy?

33 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

would be excellent replacement Lords for Shadow Dragon's Third Remake, I agree.

Marth's games need more characters showing up in the main plot, Caeda is third on my list for this, behind Hardin and Minerva. So I'd approve.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Don't forget the herons. Reyson is even available at 4*.

I don't think any of them are particularly noteworthy anymore. Eirika is still probably the best red tome cavalry, I guess.

Oh yeah, that was a brainfart. How could I forget the herons?

I also think Flying Nino is particulary noteworthy for how good she is.

2 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

So going off of your logic, Sanaki is actually the main character of at least Radiant Dawn, 

Radiant Dawn doesn’t have a main conflict like the other games, but I’d say Sanaki v the senators is the most prominent.

4 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

Radiant Dawn doesn’t have a main conflict like the other games, but I’d say Sanaki v the senators is the most prominent.

Sanaki versus the senators is a conflict in part 3, but it could just as easily be Micaiah versus senator(s) in part 1, Micaiah or Ike or Elincia or Skirmir or Sanaki versus senators in part 3, and everyone versus the remaining senators in part 4.  (There are other conflicts, but I only listed the senators ones).  I'm not sure Sanaki versus the senators is truly the most prominent out of even those.  However, I think the more important conflict, even if no one realized it, was Sephiran versus all throughout the game.

(I may have been confused by a joke, which has been known to happen).

You reminded me of this (Zelda related), you've probably already seen it though.

I haven't. It reminds me of Raiden's lack of junk in MGS2, and how you can confirm it in-game by pausing on the right frame of animation during his punch punch kick combo.

Agreed that RPG protags should be more frank about their love relationships. Always have to give them points when they play it cool and aren't "I... -no... -we aren't -It isn't like that! *blushes*". How is love so hard when war is so easy?

Many people who have loved and lost will tell you that loving is easy, despite the hardships. But killing never gets easy. Provided your head is in the right place. 

Marth's games need more characters showing up in the main plot, Caeda is third on my list for this, behind Hardin and Minerva. So I'd approve.

But if we have more characters weighing in on the conflicts of Archanea, Malledus will be out of a job. There will be no more need of exposition dumps at the start of a chapter.

Just kidding, Malledus is getting axed in the next remake in favor of an avatar "tactician" character.

Edited by Glennstavos

My own unrealistic expectation is New Mystery Banner with Cecil, Etzel, Arlen and Kris, followed by Awakening banner with actual new characters like Priam and Cynthia. 

As for prediction I have a hunch that the upcoming new heroes would be mixed themed with Fates character in it.

2 hours ago, GrandeRampel said:

Cavalry Chrom was godsend for me. After using Fallen Corrin with Mordecai, she seems to be too. But then again, IS could put those skills & stats on another character and it wouldn't make too much of a difference. 

3 hours ago, GrandeRampel said:

The only alts I would really accept in the regular summoning pool are Young Finn, Emperor Arvis, and either Zeke or Sirius (more so Zeke if it meant getting Tatiana)

I liked Lufia 2 in this regard. Maybe a bit fast, but there was a little time skip anyway. And not much bullshitting around. Overall I wish we would have this more in JRPG,s. I also do not mind relationships which have been ended as they add something to the character building. Of course some things may be hard to get in one game with only so much plot. But still..  

How about a FE protagonist who is already married. you think you could ship me, but I build my shop long before. 
Now, that I think of it how would it be if we could not have one avatar but 2 which are a couple. Of course both can be adjusted in anyway preferred from Gender and such. I guess this is too much eh... 

I also like relationships which go a bit past the romance phase, just that they know a little more what they have from each other. Got their back in this warring times.

I really would like to see Tatiana and Zeke, about time.. still have the fear that Silque and Tatiana could block each other. Only that Tatiana gets a little carried by Zeke. But I guess in the worst case there is nothing to complain about 2 Staff units. Or one of them is a Mage with a new healing Assist or C skill. Tatiana could introduce a new Healing skill anyway which hits more than one unit. Welp, just have to be patient. Overall the year may be promising. 

We wouldn't need these main summoning pool alts if they were a bit more liberal about adding Effective weapons to other units. But that is not the case so Horse Chrom remains one of the most essential units in my toolkit. If they wanted to replace him with an Awakening child unit, then it'd simply have to be Horse Lucina, hardly an improvement in terms of minimising alts. People suggest alternative "new" units instead of these alts all the time, but unless they're happy to copy over the alt's entire kit, then it's not Being Helpful. I'd be totally fine with Horse Falchion MMorgan/Kjelle/Cynthia/Brady, but would the people suggesting they be added instead of a Chrom alt be? I'd be totally fine with fast red cavalry mage Knoll, but would the people clamouring for his inclusion be? These units fill important niches and so their theoretical replacements can't just be an arbitrary character with a completely different kit.

He's still the only horse with it, right? And for fliers there's only Bucket Hinoka and Summer Tiki, both seasonals. Give us a flying Falchion already. Come to think of it, there are no armor Effective Prfs on any horse units either are there? Plenty on fliers though. At least there are inheritable generics for this purpose but that means less power for more expense.

2 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

Just kidding, Malledus is getting axed in the next remake in favor of an avatar "tactician" character.

Part time and a reassignment of duties is possible if IS shows clemency. They didn't send Jagen into a retirement of dumpster diving in FE12, they just trimmed some of his lines for Kris to take them, gave him a job as the first boss in the new Prologue, and had him provide Kris with comments on his/her stats and an optional recap on what they're doing during the preparations of each chapter. There was a salary cut of 50% and Jagen lost most of his health benefits, but Marth was kind enough to make up the difference.

1 hour ago, Stroud said:

I liked Lufia 2 in this regard. Maybe a bit fast, but there was a little time skip anyway. And not much bullshitting around. Overall I wish we would have this more in JRPG,s. I also do not mind relationships which have been ended as they add something to the character building. Of course some things may be hard to get in one game with only so much plot. But still..  

I played the DS reimagining as an okay Action RPG some years ago, but not the SNES original. I don't recall much of the details about the Maxim-Selan relationship, but I do remember somebody said that the SNES and DS versions portray the relationship differently. However, one take is not better than the other, more each provides something the other lacks. Sounds like this could be interesting to check on YouTube.

1 hour ago, Stroud said:

Now, that I think of it how would it be if we could not have one avatar but 2 which are a couple. Of course both can be adjusted in anyway preferred from Gender and such. I guess this is too much eh... 

This isn't quite that, since the personalities are limited and you have no choice in their actions, but I remember hearing Super Robot Wars Alpha let you pick the main duo. You had to pick a male and a female, but you could choose which was the hero and which was the hero's lover. You had four male and four female appearances to pick from, and could assign one of four personalities to the hero and the hero's lover: hot-blooded, cool, weird, and I think kind was the last.

Super Robot Wars Alpha Gaiden (or 2, not sure which came first) declared as Alpha canon Kishua the kind blue-haired girl the heroine and Bullet the hot-blooded blond-haired boy her lover.

Super Robot Taisen Original Generation set in another dimension added Yuuki the brown hair and Carla the pink hair as Male Cool and Female Weird lovers, Ryoto the other brown hair and Rio the black hair as Male Kind and Female Hot-Blooded, and Tasuku the purple hair and Leona the blond hair as Male Weird and Female Cool. Kishua and Bullet were brought back as well. They gave Ryoto and Rio the Huckebein Mk. III and AM Gunner- the mecha not canonically in Alpha chosen by Kishua and Bullet, who get the dragon-tiger and tiger-dragon shapeshifting super robot called RyuKoOh and KoRyuOh.

...Can they downsize the RyuKoOh/KoRyuOh and put it in FEH? Please? Durable Armor Dragon on odd turns, Speedy Armor Beast on even turns. And no skipping on the attack animations. I want the full Random-Spike-nunchaku-into-Sonic-Javelin-naginata-into-flurry-of-punches-and-kicks combo known as Tyrant Over-Breaker!

-My apologies, one thing led to another, to which led to me awing over the spectacle that is SRW attack animations. While they lose their luster eventually, it always comes back in eventual time.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

I personally stopped caring about alts a long time ago, regardless of if they're in the permanent pool or not. If IS dropped a FE6 banner with all new units, my reaction would be the same as an all alts Fates banner. I probably wouldn't care at all, since you couldn't pay me to care about anything having to do with FE6 . This is a business and IS has probably figured out that the best way to profit off of the fans of smaller games is to starve them for a while, then drop a pity banner so they splurge. There just aren't enough people interested (therefore not enough orbs to be spent) on less popular games to justify getting a constant flow of content. I mean look at CYL. Its been established that we can essentially vote 4 people directly into the game per year, and despite that the numbers show the hunger for certain characters from certain games just isn't there.

All that being said, this next banner falls at a very interesting time. We know 3H drops in july, and its' fair to expect anywhere from 2 to 4 banners this year for it (Remember a traditional banner can only add 5 people and that's if there's a free unit). Then factor in CYL3, Brave Redux, Book 3 OCs (remember this took multiple banners for book 2), plus all the seasonal junk they'll dump on us. Its fair to wonder if this is the last traditional "New Heroes" banner for old games that we get until next January.

Originally thought Medeus would fit better as a Mythic Hero but I may have changed my mind after they've decided not make Idunn one.

I'm doubting Nyna and Elice would be on the same banner as they are essentially of the same class. They are both clerics. I'd say Julian/Coyote Hardin/Sirius might be better picks to replace Marth's sister.  

My guess is M!Kriss will be an infantry sword (perhaps even with Mercurius) and like the Morgans, F!Kriss will have some other class.

1 hour ago, Vince777 said:

Originally thought Medeus would fit better as a Mythic Hero but I may have changed my mind after they've decided not make Idunn one.

I'm doubting Nyna and Elice would be on the same banner as they are essentially of the same class. They are both clerics. I'd say Julian/Coyote Hardin/Sirius might be better picks to replace Marth's sister.  

My guess is M!Kriss will be an infantry sword (perhaps even with Mercurius) and like the Morgans, F!Kriss will have some other class.

I never saw Idunn on the same level as Medius. Idk she just always felt... "small" to me as a final boss. Something more in line with Ashnard then the Shadow Dragon him self. I don't remember the lore of FE6 super well but wasn't Idunn just another Divine Dragon, and the only reason she ended up as this big scary thing was that she was the only one they could get their hands on? If I'm not mistaken anyone of her tribe could have gone Demon Dragon if they wanted to and she just seemed less significant and memorable then most final bosses.

Now all of that could likely just be that she is in no way the driving force of the plot of her game (shout out to Zephiel), and due to not having a soul she's pretty much a potato for most of the run time.

This is all in Comparison to a person chosen by God herself to guard the seal of the Earth Dragons, and who nearly conquered his continent three times (and it would have worked if it wasn't for that pesky eff. Dragon damage)