When should I switch?

SSbardock84

So I finally got back into Genealogy of the Holy War and I finished Part 1. I read online that Thracia 776 takes place between Chapters 5 and 8 of Holy War. So I've been playing through that now. What I'm wanting to do is play them both at the same time to get the timeline in order. At what chapters of Thracia should I switch to Holy War and vice versa? Not for practical reasons, but for timeline order.

Edited by SSbardock84

I'd say best not do that, mainly because it took me a year to beat Thracia and it slowed Genealogy majorly because I was an idiot (and a certain turn just drove me insane.). You do you though.

Thracia Chapter 20 and Genealogy Chapter 7's end are pretty close to overlapping and are the best point to work off of. Chapter 8 G to the second last castle works in terms of time with the chapters after 20 T, while Thracia apparently starts first but I'm not sure right now when Chapter 6 G is supposed to start time wise.

Also, Project Exile's final release is likely out this month which will have a consistently translated Thracia (About time!)

I simply wouldn't play Thracia 776 until I've beaten Genealogy, but evidently you have some purpose beyond playing things in the chronological order.

Thracia seems to actually start before Genealogy's Chapter 6 - it's implied that chapter starts by the time Chapter 19 of Thracia ends (or rather that the forces in Isaac made enough momentum to have word spread of their actions all the way to Leonster).  Chapter 20 of Thracia and Chapter 7 overlap; the interlude between Chapter 19 and 20 of Thracia is basically the entire course of Chapter 6 and a good portion of Chapter 7 in Genealogy.  And Thracia 776 ends before Genealogy's Chapter 8 wraps up (basically with the capture of Manster - the second-to-last castle in Chapter 8).

In other words, all of Thracia 776 takes place over the course of three whole chapters in Genealogy.

You should beat FE4 first then play FE5, that's how the devs intended to. They didn't release FE4 0.5 and then FE5 and then FE4 +0.5.