Silhouettes for New Special Heroes Banner

Jave

Hey, looks like we'll finally get summonable grooms! :D Pretty sure that's a man on the right. (I hope he's not the only guy on the banner, but even if he is, at least it's an improvement.) Too bad I won't have orbs to use on this, most likely.

Anyway, onto guesses. We just got a Delthea alt, but man that lady on the left reminds me of her, with the short ponytail and the ribbon holding it up. Plus, the build. The one on the right looks like Luthier to me, and this following the same theme as previously: these bride/groom outfits are costumes. They're playing dress-up, not actually getting married. Even Marth and Caeda treat it like dress-up rather than marriage. (I.e., with quotes like "if x person saw me in this, the reaction would be y" or "this outfit makes me feel x.")

Hmm yeah, I can't unsee Delthea and Luthier. I do wonder, though... Feh mentions how the two look fancy. Maybe that's alluding to nobility?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@GrandeRampel No offense meant, but do not assume I'm one of those complainers. I'm completely neutral on if PoR Sanaki should be wearing a dress (She's the goddamn Apostle, she can do whatever the hell she wants).

Though I'm not sure it should be Selkie people should/shouldn't have a problem with, because she's apparently old enough to have a child with Male Corrin. Nyx maybe, if all people see is a young girl. Kana probably, since they're legit young kids.

...Fire Emblem got kinda weird when it let the player play matchmaker, didn't it?

44 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

@GrandeRampel No offense meant, but do not assume I'm one of those complainers. I'm completely neutral on if PoR Sanaki should be wearing a dress (She's the goddamn Apostle, she can do whatever the hell she wants).

Though I'm not sure it should be Selkie people should/shouldn't have a problem with, because she's apparently old enough to have a child with Male Corrin. Nyx maybe, if all people see is a young girl. Kana probably, since they're legit young kids.

...Fire Emblem got kinda weird when it let the player play matchmaker, didn't it?

Sorry if I assumed stuff about you Xeno. I just saw the magic words "learning fron the backlash" and got triggered.

Personally I don't find the idea of a Bride Nyx problematic at all. She is mentally an adult, and not in the Nowi way. You don't need to dig in her supports to find the maturity, it's in every bit of dialogue clear as day.

Kana on the other hand... it would be hypocritical of me to find a problem with her since I used the example of the parents liking the cute dress of their daughter. I AM the parent in this case.

But yeah, for the people who had a problem with Sanaki, she would be the worst possible choice.

I see Fjorm on the left myself, but if it's somehow one of the lolis I'll pull for one of her like I did Sanaki.  If Nowi's one of the others that didn't get a silhouette I'm bust out the wallet and +10 on the spot, and start grinding the S rank waifu support to replace normal Nowi.

Edited by Nowi's Husband

Please don't let that be Ylgr. I'll even take a second Fjorm over that. 

I remember when these things used to be a joke and super easy to make out! Now I don't know what I'm even looking at. 

6 hours ago, Hilda said:

obviously Bride Nino with tied up hairs and Pent prolly

Maybe Groom Jaffar on his way

Groom Jaffar would be welcome, especially as the TT unit.  I never got one of the regular form before he got removed from the pool, so Nino is missing her husband.  

From the depths of Reddit....

2y89xrj7q4z21.png

Wouldn't be upset if it's Luthier as it'd make it an easier skip for me.  That said if it is it's interesting/worrying that IS would sprinkle the rest of the Gaiden/SoV cast as alts.

I just would like to see "confirmed" pairings on this one. Can only repeat that Tatania/Zeke, Sigurd/Deirdre, Pent/Louise. Would be so nice. Instead they will choose to pick certain stand alone characters. Ok, we still could be surprised and its not Fjorm by tomorrow. If not it makes saving orbs easier. I don't know what is hiding in the mythic banner anyway.

Especially Luthier would feel so random if he truly is. At least I think the chances for the left one to be Nino or Ylgr are low, because to me it looks more like the right one is one of the taller characters. And the left one has average height.

Who knows, there are 3 others left. Maybe we get Aversa, at least one "fanservice bride in black attire" could be pulled out there.

Edited by Stroud

7 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

To be fair on Olwen being a bride, she does canonically marry. Even if her husband isn't in the game yet.

I see. That does make sense.

4 hours ago, GrandeRampel said:

But mostly because there was nothing to learn from the backlash last year, except that the community is crazy and will jump to conclusions.

The rules of the Brides Festival in Heroes are the same as all the other festivals. The partecipants dress up to win a prize, or celebrate something.

And that's why Sanaki was dressed the way she was. I'm fairly sure she was meant to have a similar role to Catria in the Spring banner of that year. Catria was a fish-out-of-water kind of choice because she never would dress in a silly way, it's completely akward for her, and that made the alt amusing and charming. Similarly Sanaki never has time to think about love, because of her title and responsabilities. The very childlike and common dream of a Prince Charming is completely new to her, which leads to her being akward about the subject, while at the same time she pretends she knows everything about it, because that's Sanaki for you. But instead of being amused seeing Sanaki in a situation completely out of her comfort zone, the community decided IS was somehow supporting child brides, which is like WHAT?

I think we all agree that the few countries who still let children be forced in arranged marriages are disgusting, stuck in the dark age and I don't want to visit them.

But from there to say any child in a wedding dress is "supporting" the practice it's a big leap of logic.

People often say that fictional characters can't give consent. So any in-universe reason is automatically unvalid. If that's true, than the same is true for every seasonal banner. Veronica didn't choose to wear a bunny outfit, the developers decided for her. Elise didn't decide to wear a swimsuit on the beach banner, Fae didn't choose her reindeer costume for herself.

Dressing up as a bride is probably one of the most "normal" and "basic" alt they can give to a child character, because real little girls do like the dress and have fun wearing it. And I think the actual outfit itself that Sanaki wears is one that many parents would find cute on their daughters, since it's not revealing or inappropriate in any way.

This is probably the part that makes me mad the most about the controversy. Not only we decided to apply real life logic to Fire Emblem all of a sudden, but we also decided to apply THAT specific real life logic, instead of the other, more common, one of girls loving to dress up.

Because assuming the worst is the way to go, I guess.

This is all fine and dandy, but we don't know for certain if this was the real reason IS picked Sanaki rather than just coming up with some excuse to appeal to the lolicons (who also disgust me, btw, because they're sexually attracted to children which makes them pedophiles. Same with those who like shotas in the same way). And doing it for that reason is kind of encouraging the idea of child brides. And also part of my problem with Bride Sanaki is that she was picked over someone like Elincia or Titania who are much more reasonable choices for brides no matter how you look at it. Elincia can canonically get married (as much as I dislike that pairing with Geoffrey...) and Titania being a bride would be an interesting contrast to how she loved Greil, but could never be with him because he was already married and then dead. But no, they needed to put in a loli because lolicons and then come up with a reason for it to make it look okay when there's clearly underlying motives.

Basically, they sexualized Sanaki in some way (a kind of sexualization that doesn't involve revealing clothing, of course) and I've always said no to sexualizing children because it's inappropriate and just feeds the disgusting fetishes of pedophiles/lolicons/whatever.

I was thinking Selkie on the left, but I think it's way too soon for an alt of her. Mainly because those look like ears sticking up and the only other possibility is Lethe and that WAY too soon since her release. I am hoping for Pent/Loiuse, but at the same time, I won't be disappointed if they're not in the banner for reasons as stated previously. 

I'm maintaining my Fjorm guess. Only other thing it could be to me is Ylgr, but while I don't think they have any issue making another loli bride no matter what backlash happened, Fjorm just makes more sense to get a bride alt. Either way, it's basically for sure it's a Nifl sister, since the hair, seemingly Fjorm's earrings and the even the little sparkle effect line up. (Maeshima Shigeki is who uses those type of sparkles in his art)

3 hours ago, GrandeRampel said:

Sorry if I assumed stuff about you Xeno. I just saw the magic words "learning fron the backlash" and got triggered.

Personally I don't find the idea of a Bride Nyx problematic at all. She is mentally an adult, and not in the Nowi way. You don't need to dig in her supports to find the maturity, it's in every bit of dialogue clear as day.

Kana on the other hand... it would be hypocritical of me to find a problem with her since I used the example of the parents liking the cute dress of their daughter. I AM the parent in this case.

But yeah, for the people who had a problem with Sanaki, she would be the worst possible choice.

Yeah in hindsight maybe a disclaimer would have been helpful...

Spoiler

DISCLAIMER: Xenon A. Tomata of the Serenes Forest forums has no problems with depicting a younger-looking character in a Wedding Garment, nor does he hold such in favor. He is purely neutral on the matter, and wishes it known that he does not like lolis for sexual reasons, even if one of his favorite characters is a 1,000+ year old dragon loli who wears barely enough to cover herself and also a cape. That is just a coincidence, please put that phone down I know you have the FBI on the other end.

Like I said, Nyx might only be a problem if people don't bother looking into her backstory, because yes almost every other sentence she speaks is somehow about her dark past and her crimes that locked her into the body of a child, but a nitpicker may or may not be "picky" in the facts they know about her... actually even if she's added normally to the game she might raise some issues anyway. Damn Dark Mage outfit...

Kana... I dunno, I have a gut feeling they wouldn't do anything too risky if they were to put Kana in a Bridal banner. I mean, Sanaki I feel acts older than her actual age (at least as a bridal unit), but Kana is a kid through and through, and it kinda shows throughout Fates. Even Nowi has her mature moments, and she doesn't look or act that much older than the Kanas. They may actually want to make sure we understand that they were the Flower thrower or Ring bearer or whatever it is you have kids do at weddings.

...but then I'm not a game dev, so I guess we'll just have to wait 12 or 13 hours to find out.

Edited by Xenomata

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

This is all fine and dandy, but we don't know for certain if this was the real reason IS picked Sanaki rather than just coming up with some excuse to appeal to the lolicons (who also disgust me, btw, because they're sexually attracted to children which makes them pedophiles. Same with those who like shotas in the same way). And doing it for that reason is kind of encouraging the idea of child brides.

And also part of my problem with Bride Sanaki is that she was picked over someone like Elincia or Titania who are much more reasonable choices for brides no matter how you look at it. Elincia can canonically get married (as much as I dislike that pairing with Geoffrey...) and Titania being a bride would be an interesting contrast to how she loved Greil, but could never be with him because he was already married and then dead. 

Exactly. You said it better than me. We don't know for certain why they did it.

Maybe to pander to lolicons. Maybe they  have done it simply because before the death of the game they want to do a child-sized dress/costume for every single special event they created (we are currently missing new year's yukatas, picnic's modern clothes and the valentine's dresses if you are curious) and the wedding dress was simply next on the list. It could be as innocent as that.

If you say that we don't know for certain, then it works both ways. You can't be certain it's good and you can't be certain it's bad. And yet a lot of people seem to be certain it's bad.

About your second point, yes there were a lot of options who fit more as brides, but that was probably why they didn't pick them. They already had Ninian and Marth who were perfect for the theme. They didn't need another perfect match, they needed the random choice, like Catria and Marisa in the spring banners, someone who looks like she doesn't know what she's doing.

And to be honest I don't really see a seasonal banner in which Sanaki really fits. She lived a sheltered life and is almost always serious and concerned. She would have probably robbed a more fitting character of a place no matter which seasonal they squeezed her in.

I really have no idea here.  I am just hoping that I don't want anyone on the banner because I broke down and built up a 4.00% pity rate on the fallen heroes banner and want to break that then hopefully save.  If they have Pent or Rafiel on this I am going to cry:(  I am hoping for more then one Groom and I am hoping for a TT Groom again because I like it when I get free male characters.

5 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I could be speaking for myself but I was under the assumption people wanted Nils as a flower boy instead of a groom which is quite different.  

That's true, I didn't even think of that.

To be honest it baffles me that people still expect stuff like a priest, a best man or a bridesmaid to appear. After 2 years you would think people understood how this banner works.

6 hours ago, GrandeRampel said:

But mostly because there was nothing to learn from the backlash last year, except that the community is crazy and will jump to conclusions.

You know what the worst part of it all was? Not the fact that some people had no problem with Bride Sanaki. The fact that so many of said people chose to insult and belittle the people that did. And you, with your almost entirely unprovoked rant, apparently still can't let it go a year later.

15 minutes ago, Florete said:

You know what the worst part of it all was? Not the fact that some people had no problem with Bride Sanaki. The fact that so many of said people chose to insult and belittle the people that did. And you, with your almost entirely unprovoked rant, apparently still can't let it go a year later.

I don't think I insulted Ana, or Xeno or anyone I replied to. If I did, it was an accident, you can show me the part that was offensive and I will immediately edit that out. I admit that sometimes I can be a bit of a know-it-all and sound condescending when I think I'm right. 

But I make an effort to never insult anyone directly. If I disagree with an opinion or a decision, I will attack it, and argue my case, but I don't even dream of attacking the person directly.

For all I know aside from the single thing we happen to disagree on, they are fine people who don't deserve insults from strangers.

Wait, was it the part were I called the Heroes community "crazy"? Well crazy is a strong word, but I used it because a was referring to a multitude. I wouldn't call someone crazy to their face. If it was that I'm sorry, it's my bad.

EDIT: And yes, I can't let go of it even a yeat later. That's how bad the controversy angered me. Sanaki is one of my favorite characters from Tellius and her alt has some of the cutest artworks in the game, but always goes unappreciated because people are too busy calling it disgusting because of a misunderstanding. And now I'm mad again, not at you but at the situation.

Edited by GrandeRampel

48 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

To be honest it baffles me that people still expect stuff like a priest, a best man or a bridesmaid to appear. After 2 years you would think people understood how this banner works.

You'd think people would understand how gachas/seasonals in general work. I mean seriously I get people complain about alts and such but at the end of the day this is a business.

36 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

And yes, I can't let go of it even a yeat later. That's how bad the controversy angered me. Sanaki is one of my favorite characters from Tellius and her alt has some of the cutest artworks in the game, but always goes unappreciated because people are too busy calling it disgusting because of a misunderstanding. And now I'm mad again, not at you but at the situation.

I'm angered about this whole situation as well. I mean seriously it's just a game people lighten up. Let people enjoy what they want to enjoy. That's not to say critique doesn't have it's place but honestly to say that the bride sanaki thing bothers you in that way says more more about you than the work itself.

Edited by Ottservia

1 hour ago, GrandeRampel said:

Exactly. You said it better than me. We don't know for certain why they did it.

Maybe to pander to lolicons. Maybe they  have done it simply because before the death of the game they want to do a child-sized dress/costume for every single special event they created (we are currently missing new year's yukatas, picnic's modern clothes and the valentine's dresses if you are curious) and the wedding dress was simply next on the list. It could be as innocent as that.

If you say that we don't know for certain, then it works both ways. You can't be certain it's good and you can't be certain it's bad. And yet a lot of people seem to be certain it's bad.

Yeah, this is all true. For me, I just feel like it's more likely the lolicon thing because this game has to make money through people buying orbs and summoning.

1 hour ago, GrandeRampel said:

About your second point, yes there were a lot of options who fit more as brides, but that was probably why they didn't pick them. They already had Ninian and Marth who were perfect for the theme. They didn't need another perfect match, they needed the random choice, like Catria and Marisa in the spring banners, someone who looks like she doesn't know what she's doing.

And to be honest I don't really see a seasonal banner in which Sanaki really fits. She lived a sheltered life and is almost always serious and concerned. She would have probably robbed a more fitting character of a place no matter which seasonal they squeezed her in.

Yeah, that's fair. But nobody thought Ike fit a Valentine's theme, including myself who is a huge ass fangirl of him and yet IS found a way to make it work and make sense! So who knows, we could be surprised!

12 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

You'd think people would understand how gachas/seasonals in general work. I mean seriously I get people complain about alts and such but at the end of the day this is a business.

To be fair even if we think we understand how things work, IS has made some pretty irrational and random moves with this game, sometimes to great success. Which means that they could still add a best man or flower girl to the banner. It's just very unlikely but if it happens I will look like a fool.

Oh, GrandeRampel, you didn't insult me in any way. I have no idea why anyone would think you did.

Anyway, I kinda hope I can just go with the TT unit on this banner so I can save up orbs for Summer Frederick's return later, but man, I'd be squeeing hard if he got a groom alt or if Elincia got to be a bride and I still feel like there's gonna be someone I really want on this. XD

Edited by Anacybele

13 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

IS has made some pretty irrational and random moves with this game, sometimes to great success.

Bride Reinhardt on a flying unicorn wielding Meister Thunder with Close Counter and Vantage built in.

As usual I can't tell who these characters are by looking at their shadows. I am surprised by the people who are able to correctly guess these things. Still, just by looking at these silhouettes they look like characters I don't care about so I am already expecting the rest of the banner to be disappointing. Oh well, I already spent more orbs than I wanted to on Hero Fest and the Fallen Heroes banners so I wouldn't mind an excuse to save orbs again plus I am more interested in what the June 11 New Heroes banner is going to be.