Silhouettes for New Special Heroes Banner

Jave

Didn't see a thread for this so, well, here it is.

This one is... quite hard to figure out. I think the girl on the left could be Fjorm. On the right... not sure, but it looks like a dude. Maybe Soren? I don't know.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally forgot the sparkle around Fjorm in her others outfits. Left really might be Fjorm. Welp...

The right one is a bit tricky, his features apply to some more  characters... Unless they pull a surprise of I guess I can save my orbs further without much trouble. And there is still the next mythic hero around the corner.

I guess its almost byebye for Zeke or Sigurd groom chance..

I just realized... who we are assuming is Fjorm, couldn't that also be Ylgr?

Their hairstyles are somewhat similar, but Ylgr is also quite short. We also know they have no qualms with putting a young child in a wedding dress (at least, we know they did that last year and don't know if they learned anything from the backlash), and so far Ylgr is the only Nifl sibling to not have a seasonal alt (mostly because the other three got theirs all at once).

Heck, this seems like a both great and awkward time to get Helbindi in on the seasonal action.

Edited by Xenomata

Fjorm would be a weird choice for a bride alt, that would make her the only OC to have more than one seasonal.

Ylgr might be a worse choice for ... reasons.

Right silhouette looks like a guy, that's all I really care to analyze.

As I said in the other thread, the bride looks like Fjorm. You can kinda see the earrings as well. The other one seems a lot like Pent or Luthier. We could be in for a TT prize bride this time around. 

Fjorm, Ylgr - makes no difference to me, all OCs are a pretty easy skip, whoever it is~

Disappointed they would tease me with the prospect of a smol Loli Bride if it ends up being Fjorm~

Right totally looks like a groom, so hopefully it's someone cool~ I would really like Seliph, but it's too hard to tell~

Definitely think that's a guy on the right, but he looks too tall to be Soren. Pent is a good guess, but I wouldn't say he's certain, there are other dudes that height with longish hair too.

Can't tell at all who the female is, but I doubt it's Fjorm or Ylgr. And I hope it isn't Ylgr or any young girl for that matter, since as a lot of people probably think, child brides are just a big no.

Am I the only one who sees Selkie or Lethe on the left? I swear I see cat-like ears, and a pointy veil in the middle. Left silhouette looks like a staff unit. 

If it's not ears.... Then I see... Katerina... Nino? 

I hope it isn't Fjorm. Book 2 is finito I.S.! 

On the right...... If it isn't Pent, I think.... Maybe Sigurd? I think I.S is more apt to pick grooms in a CONFIRMED canonical pairing.

EDIT: Whelp. I totally meant Seliph, not Sigurd lmao.

Edited by TheTuckingFypo

Could be cat/fox ears I guess, but I think it's more likely to be part of the veil.

And now that I look at the female a bit, I think the hair looks closest to Olwen's. I'm not sure why IS would pick her to be a bride, but I'm not sure why they picked Sanaki either. So I'm guessing Olwen and Pent.

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Could be cat/fox ears I guess, but I think it's more likely to be part of the veil.

And now that I look at the female a bit, I think the hair looks closest to Olwen's. I'm not sure why IS would pick her to be a bride, but I'm not sure why they picked Sanaki either. So I'm guessing Olwen and Pent.

To be fair on Olwen being a bride, she does canonically marry. Even if her husband isn't in the game yet.

I totally think the left one looked a lot like Fmjor and I noticed the right looked like a guy with somewhat closely short hair. I think the right one could possibly be Camus.

1 hour ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Am I the only one who sees Selkie or Lethe on the left? I swear I see cat-like ears, and a pointy veil in the middle. Left silhouette looks like a staff unit. 

If it's not ears.... Then I see... Katerina... Nino? 

I hope it isn't Fjorm. Book 2 is finito I.S.! 

On the right...... If it isn't Pent, I think.... Maybe Sigurd? I think I.S is more apt to pick grooms in a CONFIRMED canonical pairing.

EDIT: Whelp. I totally meant Seliph, not Sigurd lmao.

Funnily enough, I thought of Selkie too. 

Screenshot_1.png

My guess for the right one is Seliph (though I want it to be Sigurd)

Left I have no idea so I'll just say Nowi because she doesn't have an Armored super bst unit yet unlike all the other loli dragons and she still has her fans that would whale for her. It's also possible that they put her hair in a ponytail to make it look like that.

My first thought with the right side is actually Duma, as unlikely as that would be. They look pretty tall (though that could just be in contrast to the smallness of the left bride), and it looks like he has a horn. That's probably just part of the weapon I imagine. haha 

As for the left I just hope it's not another childbride. Intsys should have learned their lesson last year, but I guess probably not.

35 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Oh hi Lethe.  My inner masochist wants Subaki on the other side. . .

nah, that tail puffs out as it goes further, so it could only be nailah or selkie.

'course that assumes it is a tail.

11 hours ago, Xenomata said:

We also know they have no qualms with putting a young child in a wedding dress (at least, we know they did that last year and don't know if they learned anything from the backlash)

10 hours ago, Anacybele said:

And I hope it isn't Ylgr or any young girl for that matter, since as a lot of people probably think, child brides are just a big no.

8 hours ago, Nanima said:

As for the left I just hope it's not another childbride. Intsys should have learned their lesson last year, but I guess probably not.

And then there's me, who hopes it actually is Ylgr on the left.

Because she deserves her alt too for once.

But mostly because there was nothing to learn from the backlash last year, except that the community is very picky about certain things and will jump to conclusions.

The rules of the Brides Festival in Heroes are the same as all the other festivals. The partecipants dress up to win a prize, or celebrate something.

And that's why Sanaki was dressed the way she was. I'm fairly sure she was meant to have a similar role to Catria in the Spring banner of that year. Catria was a fish-out-of-water kind of choice because she never would dress in a silly way, it's completely akward for her, and that made the alt amusing and charming. Similarly Sanaki never has time to think about love, because of her title and responsabilities. The very childlike and common dream of a Prince Charming is completely new to her, which leads to her being akward about the subject, while at the same time she pretends she knows everything about it, because that's Sanaki for you. But instead of being amused seeing Sanaki in a situation completely out of her comfort zone, the community decided IS was somehow supporting child brides, which is like WHAT?

I think we all agree that the few countries who still let children be forced in arranged marriages are disgusting, stuck in the dark age and I don't want to visit them.

But from there to say any child in a wedding dress is "supporting" the practice it's a big leap of logic.

People often say that fictional characters can't give consent. So any in-universe reason is automatically unvalid. If that's true, than the same is true for every seasonal banner. Veronica didn't choose to wear a bunny outfit, the developers decided for her. Elise didn't decide to wear a swimsuit on the beach banner, Fae didn't choose her reindeer costume for herself.

Dressing up as a bride is probably one of the most "normal" and "basic" alt they can give to a child character, because real little girls do like the dress and have fun wearing it. And I think the actual outfit itself that Sanaki wears is one that many parents would find cute on their daughters, since it's not revealing or inappropriate in any way.

This is probably the part that makes me mad the most about the controversy. Not only we decided to apply real life logic to Fire Emblem all of a sudden, but we also decided to apply THAT specific real life logic, instead of the other, more common, one of girls loving to dress up.

Because assuming the worst is the way to go, I guess.

Also, I saw people actively wanting Groom!Nils for this banner. So I guess it's fine if a boy does it...

And speaking of being consistent with your core values. If it's really Selkie and people are magically fine with her being a bride I WILL laugh my heart out. Selkie still is VERY underage, and mentally she is way more of a child compared to Sanaki. If people see a problem with Sanaki but not with Selkie, than that's the definitive proof that people only care about appearence, not substance.

Edited by GrandeRampel

1 hour ago, GrandeRampel said:

Also, I saw people actively wanting Groom!Nils for this banner. So I guess it's fine if a boy does it...

I could be speaking for myself but I was under the assumption people wanted Nils as a flower boy instead of a groom which is quite different.