What does your Fire Emblem tier list look like?

Re:Born

10 hours ago, This boi uses Nino said:

Heresy

There's actually a really good reason why you should play this game and it's ehm... uh... the music! The music is great!! and uh.... well doesn't a 9 movement Valbar sound fun or infinite warp? Or broken alm and dread fighters that can use shadow swords without ever taking damage?! 

Yeah the music is good but Shadows of Valentia has the same music but better. And you can listen to the music on Youtube.

I have no doubt that there are many reasons why someone could like Gaiden (screw using the same term for something) and is willing to ignore some flaws. I do the same with Genealogy of the Holy War. But for me to do this the game (or any other media) needs to have something that I really like and I have my doubts that Gaiden has enough positives for me to put time in it.

Unlike what I said earlier I might actually play it once, if not just for the sake of having played it, but it won't be anytime soon.

Also if not having played Gaiden and not really wanting to play it is a heresy, would that mean that I'm the antichrist for disliking Path of Radiance?

I haven't played too many entries in the series, but I'll share what I think in order from favorite to least favorite.

• Gaiden/Echoes: We wouldn't have gotten Echoes without Gaiden existing, and it's my favorite for that reason. Echoes is also the most fun I've had playing a Fire Emblem game.
  • Genealogy of the Holy War: Has a really solid story, and Arvis is my favorite antagonist in the series. Also introduced a few series staples, like the weapon triangle. Also had quite a bit of fun with this one.
  • Shadow Dragon/Path of Radiance: Haven't gotten too far in either of these, but they're both pretty good from what I've played so far.
  • Blazing Sword: An easy entry point into the series, and a very solid game at that.
  • Fates: I stand by the opinion that it has the best music and gameplay in the series, although the story I could care less for.
  • Haven't played, so no concrete opinion yet: (New) Mystery of the Emblem, Thracia 776, Binding Blade, Sacred Stones (played a little bit, didn't get far), Radiant Dawn, Awakening, Three Houses

Just listing them in order of preference:

Binding Blade
Genealogy of the Holy War
Blazing Sword
Radiant Dawn
Fates
Path of Radiance
Echoes
New Mystery
Thracia
Shadow Dragon
Sacred Stones
Awakening

Toppiest of Top Tiers: Awakening, Fates Brithright, Fates Conquest

Second  Best: New Mystery of The Emblem

Dull: Shadow Dragon, Fates Revelation

Mediocre At Best: Path of Radiance, Radiant Dawn, Geneology of The Holy War, Tharacia 776

Why Would You Ever Play These?: Blazing Sword, Sacred Stones, Binding Blade, Echoes Shadows of Valentia, Both of the NES Fire Emblem games.

So, I had initially made a bunch of lists for aspects of each game, then essentially made this list by grading that. Needless to say, I think I have refining to do and RD is still outside the scope of this.

Tier List (pre RD).png

Edit: BTW, I'm still disappointed Birthright's ahead of SD.

Edited by Dayni

S-

Path of Radiance, Shadows of Valentia

A-

Mystery, Blazing Blade, Conquest

B-

Thracia 776, Binding Blade, Awakening

C-

Genealogy, Sacred Stones, Radiant Dawn

D-

Birthright

F-

New Mystery, Revelation

Just play the remakes-

Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light, Gaiden

On 5/24/2019 at 4:16 AM, Decerd said:

Toppiest of Top Tiers: Awakening, Fates Brithright, Fates Conquest

Second  Best: New Mystery of The Emblem

Dull: Shadow Dragon, Fates Revelation

Mediocre At Best: Path of Radiance, Radiant Dawn, Geneology of The Holy War, Tharacia 776

Why Would You Ever Play These?: Blazing Sword, Sacred Stones, Binding Blade, Echoes Shadows of Valentia, Both of the NES Fire Emblem games.

Oh my, I think you may officially have one of the most controversial opinions of the series. For your own safety, sir, hide yourself! Quickly!

5 hours ago, KevinskyHaaz said:

Oh my, I think you may officially have one of the most controversial opinions of the series. For your own safety, sir, hide yourself! Quickly!

It's too late for him. 

I had to go by a different template.

Best: Radiant Dawn and Awakening

Fantastic: The Sacred Stones, The Blazing Sword, and Genealogy of the Holy War

Good: Shadow Dragon, Thracia 776, and Path of Radiance

Okay: The Binding Blade, New Mystery of the Emblem, Echoes: Shadows of Valentia, and Fates

Not Played Yet: Yay, I've played them all!

I wouldn't say I dislike any of the Fire Emblem games. I definitely think Fates is overrated, but I wouldn't say it's the worst one so I didn't use that category. I also want to replay some of these to get a more firm opinion. Specifically Genealogy of the Holy War, and The Binding Blade. I feel like I don't need to play Echoes a second time to get a more firm opinion.

Also, didn't include spin-off games. But I'd say they're all in the "good" category. As far as phone apps go though, Heroes is definitely the best app I've ever played.

Edited by SSbardock84

I'll go ahead and add mine.

The Best Fire Emblem Game

Super Smash Brothers Melee.

Haar tier

Radient Dawn

S tier

Thracia 776

A tier

Sacred Stones

Geneolegy of the Holy War

B tier

Blazing Sword

Binding Blade

Path of Radience

C tier

Awakening

New Mystery of the Emblem

Mystery of the Emblem

Fates: Conquest

D tier

Shadow dragon

E tier

Fates: Birthright

Shadow dragon and the Blade of light

Yet to play

Gaiden

Echoes: Shadows of Valentia

Fates: Revelations

Obligatory "Tiers are for Queers" comment

JK, here's mine.

Best of the best-Tier: Echoes: Shadows of Valentia, Radiant Dawn, Awakening
Good-Tier: Path of Radiance, Shadow Dragon
Enjoyable, but not as good-Tier: Blazing Sword, New Mystery, Warriors
Did not play it, but impressions are good-Tier: Thracia 776
I didn't like it-Tier: Sacred Stones, Sword of Seals
Got a remake, so I don't need to play the original-Tier: FE1, Gaiden, FE3
Did not play it and I am not interested in doing so based on what little I know about it-Tier: Genealogy of the Holy War, Heroes
Holy fudge, why did I even-Tier: Fates

S-Tier : Echoes SoV, Blazing sword, genealogy

A-Tier : Conquest, Radiant dawn

B-tier : (old)Mystery, Path of Radiance, Sacred Stones

C-tier : shadow dragon

never finished : Thracia, fe1 ,(new)Mystery and binding blade, BS FE, FE revelation/birthright and gaiden

• 1 year later...