Special Heroes Appear: Bridal Belonging (May 21 ~)

Coolmanio

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tanith and Sigrun are here to guard Sanaki against all the creeps (while also getting married to each other? xD)! They look lovely and have some good skills, but not really a must have.

Don't know too much about Pent and Louise, but I am happy for their fans. They do look gorgeaus I'll say.

Hope this doesn't mean we'll never see their original forms though.

Fjorm has a really good staff and C-skill, but it's too bad the former is non-inheritable. Not that I hate Fjorm, I just don't feel like I'll need more than one Flying!Healer when Senkura is already doing her job. 

This is the 4th Seasonal in a row I'll be skipping. My orb count is thankful. This means I can try for Bride!Tharja again and hopefully L!Tiki at the end of the month.

24 minutes ago, Anacybele said:
  Reveal hidden contents

No, he doesn't, but he obviously still had to have gotten it on with Louise to conceive the kid. And even if Louise isn't showing yet, she's still risking her baby's life. But as I said, it's my view. No one has to agree with it. And I kinda get where the love for this pairing comes from regardless.

Spoiler

Ashnard forces her to fight for Daein. Why would he of all people care if she's pregnant or not? 

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And I think this is bad writing too, especially on Fates's part.

You're missing the point. It's not about the baby hindering Louise or anything. It's about her going out on a battlefield while pregnant and risking injury to herself that could kill the baby and Pent not disapproving of it. That baby can't grow up period if it dies, regardless of the state of the world.

And I doubt Louise sitting out for the end of the war would decrease the odds of her side winning by THAT much, geez. xP

I’m not missing your point at all, I am saying your point is irrelevant. Not endangering herself during the story of FE7 is worthless if you end up dragonfood in the aftermath anyway. Lousie risking her lives during the game is the logical choice since the black fang/morphs are a lot less dangerous than hundreds of dragons scorching the land. 

Contributing to a safe future is worth that risk and is totally in character for her and Pent. To quote it directly, from the same conversation that the pregnancy is announced: Compared to humans, dragons are so incredibly powerful. Their mere existence must have seemed like a threat… Too much of a threat for humans to bear.

(Phone does not like adjusting text size apparently)

And what else is she going to do, she refuses to leave Pent and go home, their entire relationship is based on that he fell for her because of the way she showed him how she would protect him. So if Lousie is gone, Pent is also gone. It would be completely out of  character for them to do so. 

The current risk far outweighs the risk of letting dragons return, they both know and acknowledge that and go forth even though they are aware of the risk. 

Something else, about Pent ‘disapproving of Louise being on the battlefield while pregnant: she tells him as they are fighting the dragon, the literal final battle. He does not know beforehand, so in this do or die moment, he gets this information. Not in the port of badon before the dread isle, where you could argue he would want her to go back to etruria, no as there is a dragon in front of them. There is no time to send her home, it’s now or never.

So no, i was not missing your point, i’m saying it’s irrelevant when you consider the consequences, timing and personalities of the characters involved. 

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And I just remembered another thing about Tanith, this:

Tanith: I may be a fine warrior, but… It’s embarrassing to admit, but I can’t even crack an egg without hurting someone. The last meal I prepared at the academy took three of our finest generals out of action for nearly a month.

Inherit a food weapon on her perhaps?

If I somehow wind up with two Charlottes and a Sigrun, the latter will get First Bite. :P:

Now, regarding the bitchfest earlier. . .

UTILIZE THE IGNORE USER FEATURE.

Don't know how?  PM me for instructions.

SOME OF YOU ARE SERIOUSLY MISUSING THE TICKET SYSTEM.  IF I SEE ANY MORE SPURIOUS TICKETS, AND IT'S BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T USE THE IGNORE USER FEATURE, I'M GOING TO START HANDING OUT STIFF WARNINGS.  IF I SEE ANY MORE DRAMA BECAUSE THE IGNORE USER FUNCTION WASN'T USED, I'LL ALSO HAND OUT A STIFF WARNING.  IT TAKES TWO TO ARGUE.

As it is, I'm tempted to warn everyone that took part in that, and hand out a banner-long suspension for every single offender.  You guys have been here long enough to know better.

---

I'll do my usual "get a 5* on the banner and peace out" bit.  Hopefully it won't take forever and a day.

1 minute ago, Mackc2 said:

Maybe everyone else should be more considerate and not start wars when these ladies are pregnant 

I read this in Maribelle’s voice for some reason. 

I have decided that grey will be my free pull. I am going for Astra hero first. If i get lucky and get two of those I might dip for Tanith ans Sigrun. Though a pent wouldn’t be bad, I already have two witchy wand users, one for each season.

2 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

I’m not missing your point at all, I am saying your point is irrelevant.

I still think you're missing my point, but regardless, I don't agree that my point is irrelevant. You're talking about Louise risking her life, but she's risking TWO lives here as I pointed out.

4 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

Contributing to a safe future is worth that risk and is totally in character for her and Pent. To quote it directly, from the same conversation that the pregnancy is announced: Compared to humans, dragons are so incredibly powerful. Their mere existence must have seemed like a threat… Too much of a threat for humans to bear.

(Phone does not like adjusting text size apparently)

And what else is she going to do, she refuses to leave Pent and go home, their entire relationship is based on that he fell for her because of the way she showed him how she would protect him. So if Lousie is gone, Pent is also gone. It would be completely out of  character for them to do so. 

The current risk far outweighs the risk of letting dragons return, they both know and acknowledge that and go forth even though they are aware of the risk. 

Something else, about Pent ‘disapproving of Louise being on the battlefield while pregnant: she tells him as they are fighting the dragon, the literal final battle. He does not know beforehand, so in this do or die moment, he gets this information. Not in the port of badon before the dread isle, where you could argue he would want her to go back to etruria, no as there is a dragon in front of them. There is no time to send her home, it’s now or never.

So no, i was not missing your point, i’m saying it’s irrelevant when you consider the consequences, timing and personalities of the characters involved. 

So you're saying it's in character for them to decide to risk their unborn baby's life. Then I don't like them as characters at all. And...sorry, what? What do dragons have to do with any of this?

What else is Louise going to do? How about think of her child?

So yes, I still think you're missing my point. The issue is NOT whether they should fight for a better future. The issue is risking their unborn child's life.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I still think you're missing my point, but regardless, I don't agree that my point is irrelevant. You're talking about Louise risking her life, but she's risking TWO lives here as I pointed out.

So you're saying it's in character for them to decide to risk their unborn baby's life. Then I don't like them as characters at all. And...sorry, what? What do dragons have to do with any of this?

So yes, I still think you're missing my point. The issue is NOT whether they should fight for a better future. The issue is risking their unborn child's life.

You're probably going to hate FE4 then. Literally every Gen 1 female is pregnant at one point during battle, and the husbands are completely aware.

That new isolation effect looks exactly like the "performance ploy" concept I have long dreamed of. Finally something to shut down dancers. That makes Fjorm priority number one on this banner.

From the description, I guess it's safe to say any dancer that gets isolated will not be able to dance at all that turn, but what about other units? Will they be able to be danced after they have performed their action (as in isolation wears off after moving/attacking), or will they be completely unable to be danced until the following turn? Hopefully the latter. Either way, Legendary Azura is about to be WAY less of a pain in AR! lol

1 minute ago, Jave said:

You're probably going to hate FE4 then. Literally every Gen 1 female is pregnant at one point during battle, and the husbands are completely aware.

I don't know about hating the whole game. But I would hate that aspect, yes.

In Louise and Rebecca's support conversation, Louise says about Pent choosing her as his bride,

…I said to Lord Pent, “My skill is with the bow.” And then… “My sweet lord, if you choose me, I will protect you to life’s end.”

I think it makes sufficient sense for her to have gone into battle alongside Pent despite her being pregnant.

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I’ll try to explain it slowly this time with an example:

Louise: ‘If i fight now I might risk my own life and that of my baby, but if I do not act the whole world is going to end and there won’t be a world for my baby to grow up in anyway, so the risk of dying now far outweighs the act of doing nothing!’

So yes, by fighting, she is thinking about her unborn child and the future she wants it to grow up in.

And what do dragons have to do with it? She tells pent she is pregnant in the final chapter, as they are fighting the dragon. So if she ran at that point for the safety of her child, she would have nowhere to go, she is stuck on the island with the dragon, so it is better to fight with all people there since that gives the highest possible chance of defeating the threat.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I think it makes sufficient sense for her to have gone into battle alongside Pent despite her being pregnant.

Then as I said, that means to me that they don't care much about their child, and I don't like them for that. Makes me wonder how Klein and Clarine didn't end up messed up.

Even so though, that Louise art is too amazing to ignore, so I'm definitely training her up when I get her. I won't care enough to make her a grail project, but still.

2 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

I’ll try to explain it slowly this time with an example:

Louise: ‘If i fight now I might risk my own life and that of my baby, but if I do not act the whole world is going to end and there won’t be a world for my baby to grow up in anyway, so the risk of dying now far outweighs the act of doing nothing!’

So yes, by fighting, she is thinking about her unborn child and the future she wants it to grow up in.

And what do dragons have to do with it? She tells pent she is pregnant in the final chapter, as they are fighting the dragon. So if she ran at that point for the safety of her child, she would have nowhere to go, she is stuck on the island with the dragon, so it is better to fight with all people there since that gives the highest possible chance of defeating the threat.

Like I said, how does ONE person sitting out the battle automatically mean the war will be lost and the world will end? What logic is that? And also like I said before, that baby won't get to grow up period if it dies due to its mother being injured! Why must I keep repeating all this?

Dragons are still irrelevant to my point. It doesn't matter what enemy they're fighting, they're still fighting while risking their unborn child's life.

23 minutes ago, Jave said:

Damn I guess the writing of FE4 gen 1 is pretty bad than. Who would have known?

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Please don't let the next NH be Tellius, give it to Archanea or SS or Thracia or TMS or even Gen 2 Genealogy or Awakening or Fates

Hey if there's one game that is in less need of a NH than Tellius, it is Fates. I want a groom Sephiran just to see your reaction. Replace Fjorm with Groom Sephiran, and this banner would be perfect. 

Edited by Icelerate

Alright, there's more wedding bells.

I bet they'll be annoying.

First off, WHAT. Tanith? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Are we really getting her as an alt first? Anyway, Flying lance, has a Swift Sparrow Lance, Harsh Command+ (Neutralises statuses and penalties, while making penalties bonuses.), Swift Sparrow, Chill Atk 3 and Fortify Fliers. She seems solid enough as a unit. Sigrun is surprised to be here (And I am as well.). She's a sword flier with Cake Cutter (Sword Swift Sparrow), Ardent Sacrifice, AR-D Spd/Def 3 (Like the picnic ones, but for Spd/Def) and Air Orders, Meh honestly. Pent shows up (What? This is hwo we get him?), as a blue tome cav with Vessel of Cheer (B Tome Swift Sparrow), Rally Up Atk+, Dull Ranged and Pulse Smoke (Slows down the cooldown of enemies in range of enemy that was attacked). Pulse Smoke's interesting too. Fjorm's also here, as a flying staff with Gjallarbru (Wrathful Staff, if unit has >2 HP more than enemy in ploy range, opponent is unable to use or be affected by assist skills (That, now that's terrifying. Loki's a chump in comparison.)), Restore+, HP/Atk2, Dazzling Staff and Ground Orders (Gives non-flying allies Warp Powder. WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK THAT'S INSANE!).

No controversies barring Louise being a free unit and all the units that are alt only now this time. That's an odd one actually, but I guess with Fjorm in they decided this was the way (Sigrun would have been perfect but for the AR skill). I am getting sick of the lack of greens, I have had no reason to pull in a while.

Edit: I'll be honest, I'm considering pulling. Fjrom's Isolation could be real good but I think I'll see how it's next implemented and meanwhile blue has Tanith (who could be real good actually) and Pent somewhat out of obligation and somewhat out of that Pulse Smoke skill. Poor Sigrun is just left in the lurch in comparison.

Edited by Dayni

More Tellius? Really?

Couldn't care less about Tanith, Sigrun and Fjorm.

Pent is the one I want, he looks gorgeous, and I've been waiting for him. I've always liked him, ever since my first Blazing Blades playthrough.

Louise is gorgeous! I'm willing to say that she has the best art in the game. I'm glad she's free.

However, this means that Bride Caeda is right around the corner...and I still need fallen Berkut...oh no...oh no...

Edited by Lau

Sadly, I only really care about Sigrun here and I'm not much for bridal outfits. Looks like I'll be saving for the next New Hero banner or the beach banners. 

Pent and Louise were good choices, but I think I would've preferred Deirdre and Sigurd over Tanith and Sigrun; I don't associated the latter two with weddings. I know, I know, we got Sanaki, but still. 

Fjorm though... Why? She just had an alt, Book II is over and she's canonically dying. 

15 minutes ago, Thane said:

Fjorm though... Why? She just had an alt, Book II is over and she's canonically dying. 

Dunno about the script, but if I wanted to spin it, it would be one of the things she regrets not doing before she dies.

11 minutes ago, Jave said:

Some of you were wondering about @Mangs, well, see for yourselves.

I'm glad Mangs agrees with me on Pent's odd line delivery. But it's just one line, not enough to judge the full performance. Wow do he and Louise look great.

No that is a banner I can get behind. While its not enough to make me go crazy. I like the choices. A shame that I haven't played RD. and PoR is in the depths of my mind. Blue is a good choice here. With red being second to that. I might go for a little Blue but very limited. Still will save up.

Edited by Stroud

I'm so confused... I'm excited for a bridal banner?

Tanith, Pent and Louise... I can't wait! I'm so happy Tanith isn't riding side saddle either. Wish she wasn't a lance flier... And someone mentioned Sephiran as a groom instead of Fjorm, which would have been so much better. Fjorm doesn't need two alts -.- 

Glad there's no children this time round and the artwork is looking better to me. I'm gonna try my hardest to get Pent. Don't mind one pitybreaking Tanith (one, Tanith!) but I better get Pent :)