Random thought: how about a FE game written by Gen Urobuchi

Ottservia

So I recently finished a rewatch of madoka magica and I was wondering what an FE game written by Gen Urobuchi would be like cause why not(I mean I know it’ll never happen but still it’s fun to think about). I mean if people want a darker FE story he’d definitely be the guy to pull it off. But yeah what do you guys think? What would an FE story written by him be like? 

For those who don’t know Gen Urobuchi is best known for his works like Madoka Magica, Fate/Zero, and psycho pass. All very dark shows that tackle themes of identity, despair, grief, and the duel nature of hope and despair.

Edited by Ottservia

As a writer the stuff he writes is just too dark and unfitting for a FE game.

He has even written a VN that is darker than the anime you mentioned, the VN being Saya No Uta.

Edited by Strullemia

I'd play it. I've actually thought about this before because I love "what if" scenarios and alternate universes.

3 hours ago, Hekselka said:

I'm sure he could make it work. Seeing as how popular "dark fantasy" genres are, such as Berserk and the less dark and more modern Dnd inspired Goblin Slayer.

Plus video games and other media always have that one black sheep that doesn't fit in. Perhaps this theoretical Gen-written FE could be a spin-off?

3 hours ago, Hekselka said:

He has even wrote a VN that is darker than the anime you mentioned, the VN being Saya No Uta.

Oh, so that’s where Saya no Uta came from.

Yeah, that explains... a lot.

Gonna have to find a better-suited writer.

36 minutes ago, MyLuckyHaiku said:

Plus video games and other media always have that one black sheep that doesn't fit in. Perhaps this theoretical Gen-written FE could be a spin-off?

Or perhaps not even a video game but a light novel or anime that could serve as a prequel or something to one of the games. Lord knows I would love to see his take on Forneus’s story or a story set in Lucina’s future. Those types of settings would play to his strengths

33 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

Lord knows I would love to see his take on Forneus’s story or a story set in Lucina’s future.

Since I've never played Awakening I don't know much about Lucina's future, but him writing about Forneus would be pretty cool. I mean who doesn't love Forneus?

3 minutes ago, MyLuckyHaiku said:

Since I've never played Awakening I don't know much about Lucina's future, but him writing about Forneus would be pretty cool. I mean who doesn't love Forneus?

Lucina's future is essentially a zombie apocalypse where death and destruction are a daily occurrence. Oh what that man would do with Lucina's character. It would be an emotionally soul sucking tragedy of an experience but dear lord I would absolutely love it. Lucina and Homura are actually kind of similar now that I think about it except that Lucina isn't a yandere lesbian but eh(Homura did nothing wrong). 

1 hour ago, Ottservia said:

Lucina isn't a yandere lesbian

I mean, maybe she is... ...There's probably a fanfic like that somewhere. If not someone can write it

Back on topic. I feel like if Gen Urobuchi was the writer for an FE game/spinoff, there's so much he could do and there's a lot of potential. Especially considering how much tragedy and story deaths some games have.

Edited by MyLuckyHaiku