Emeraldfox

Which one?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. :3

• Sky Attack
    • Brave Bird
    • Niether. ._.
    • They're both awesome! :o

How? Because it has a chance of making the opponent flinch? Strategy is best when it doesn't rely too much on luck.

Flinch, not critical hit. It's 30% chance of success and you have to wait 1 turn for it... LAME.

Power Herb. Already discussed (sort of). Choice band is better.

nuh uh uh~~....i forgot to mention flinch. its critical hit is high. just like slash. ;)

dont argue that its not, it is. I know my shit when it comes to pokemon.

and btw this is coming from a 3-time pokemon tourney 1st place winner.

Edited by Gatrie

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Staraptor can learn U-Turn. I taught mine.

Also, Brave Bird FTW. Staraptor is likely to be faster than many pokemon, so brave bird twice, get two out of the way, then either kamikaze or use Endeavor( reversal if it can learn it). Yay.

nuh uh uh~~....i forgot to mention flinch. its critical hit is high. just like slash. ;)

dont argue that its not, it is. I know my shit when it comes to pokemon.

and btw this is coming from a 3-time pokemon tourney 1st place winner.

You don't know anything my friend. Were you playing noobs during those tourneys? Go on Shoddy Battle, play against some people, and tell me if you're still a "hotshot." These people on Shoddy are far more experienced.

I'm still wondering how 120*2 is worse than 140. The Power Herb trick is still probably not going to turn a 2HKO into a 1HKO, at least not with enough consistency to make it worth a moveslot AND your itemslot.

Edited by Meteor

Sky Attack is one of those crappy moves from the first game Gamefreak need to forget about and delete from the move database. Charge-up moves are bad as it says to your oppent, here, have a free turn to switch to a steel type that'll laugh at the damage. You can't even play tricks like you can with charge.

While they're at it Razor Wind can also go away (imagine Sky attack with half the power, even less accuracy and a normal type...what is the point, plus it was a TM in the original games :( ).

I'd say Hyper Beam type moves need the skip recharge glitch* bought back as it will make players take the risk of using it to finish opponents off (if the opponent hangs on you pay by having to recharge).

*-If you KOed an opponent with hyper beam you wouldn't have to recharge. Of course those were the days that the speed base stat determined critical hit rate and moves like Rocus energy didn't actually work...they either did nothing or decreased critical to zero

You don't know anything my friend. Were you playing noobs during those tourneys? Go on Shoddy Battle, play against some people, and tell me if you're still a "hotshot." These people on Shoddy are far more experienced.

:mellow:

dont start a flame war with me. dont be pissed because I have my facts straight.

And yknow what? Those people were not noobs by any means. So DO NOT start flaming me on what I dont know.

last time i checked YOU do not live inside my head.

YOU have no FUCKING clue.

So grow up, a learn that maybe, just maybe YOU are the one who knows nothing.

not trying to start a flame war, just defending my position

:mellow:

dont start a flame war with me. dont be pissed because I have my facts straight.

And yknow what? Those people were not noobs by any means. So DO NOT start flaming me on what I dont know.

last time i checked YOU do not live inside my head.

YOU have no FUCKING clue.

So grow up, a learn that maybe, just maybe YOU are the one who knows nothing.

not trying to start a flame war, just defending my position

Anyway, where the hell did you hear that it has a high critical hit ratio? And besides, even if it did, that's again... relying on luck.

Anyway, where the hell did you hear that it has a high critical hit ratio? And besides, even if it did, that's again... relying on luck.

i read it in the move description

anyway...im probably going out of my way to defend it cause:

1. it saved me a couple times

2. most of the tourneys i was in were pre-diamond/pearl tourneys

Edited by Gatrie

i read it in the move description

anyway...im probably going out of my way to defend it cause:

1. it saved me a couple times

2. most of the tourneys i was in were pre-diamond/pearl tourneys

http://www.smogon.com/dp/moves/sky_attack

http://serebii.net/attackdex-dp/skyattack.shtml

Just flinch.

@bold: I see, that's bias though.

How can Sky Attack possibly save you unless your opponent was comatose and mentally retarded?

High CH rate isn't even particularly reliable anyway - 1 in 8 chance is a lot better than 1 in 16, but it still sucks and shouldn't be relied on. Unless you're trying to break a stall, but that's not something one plans for.

Shoddy eh? I got on Smogon's top 50 a few times.

Relying on a move's critical hit, is definitely not the way to battle. It's frustrating to most serious battlers.

Sky Attack is no exception.

People on shoddy are noobs

Funny how some of the world's best competitive battlers use the Shoddy ladder for training.

Edited by Loputousu

People on shoddy are noobs and tournies are where real competitors play.
Tournies happen on shoddy too.

Speaking of Shoddy I'm ridiculously out of practice lol

Edited by Nathan Graves