FE8 Tier list!

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After promotion, I don't think there's much to steal anyway. And then having somewhat decent offense through Silencer could be helpful. I don't know. I'm actually starting to lean towards Assassin being the superior promotion :o

Will you stop arguing about that list and argue about MY LIST while we're on this topic? That'd be nice. m'kay?

Fine though this is a reiteration of what Mekkah said. Myrrh as worst unit? If this is what the worst unit is capable of at starting stats i'd hate to see what the best unit can do:

1692_-_Fire_Emblem_Seima_no_Kouseki.png

Fair enough it is very circumstancial but of the 5 or 6 maps (can't recall) left when you get her she is indensible in 3 of them (18,20, final) because her only weapon will have 48 might against the enemies and can be used in the other maps.

As for only having 50 attacks being a justification for anything. That is just dumb. Those 50 attacks are some of the most powerful in the game (a 16 might weapon which grants the user +12 strength...as far her strength goes she just gets 20 strength as the level 20 average*) and with a good critical ratio you've got a viable boss destroyer. Unless you're inlcuding creature campagin and the tower in which case there is more of a case unless you like controling enemies and using the gorgon eggs to repair stuff

*-Meaning a potential 31 (or more) attacks with 48 attack vs humans...against monsters that is amplified to 80 attack. Which is just insane.

Edited by Starwolf_UK

Not to mention that 50 attacks are a fair amount when you're pretty much one-hitting stuff with them.

Fa had a serious usefulness issue with her 20 uses dragon stone, but Myrrh doesn't have that. You can easily get her to high 10s and still have 30 uses of her stone.

dozla is the only nonflying unit who can cross water and mountains excluding ross.

He's also the only non-Garcia unit who has a good shot at not doubling Wights in Ch20 iirc. Take that as you will.

This tier list doesnt involve supports. There goes an argument against vannessa.

Actually, that hurts her even more. Now all she has to rely on is her base Avo (since she gets no terrain boosts), since she misses out on anima supports, meaning -25 avo, -5 atk, -5 def.

But yeah, without supports is like without using higher up weapons or something. It's in the game, use it.

Colm is massive win as an assassin, and he's the best candidate for one. and you cant buy door/ chest keys for a looong time in this game.

Massive win?

20/1 Colm

12.2 atk, 20 AS, 30.2 hit, 5.3 crit - - 56.1 avo, 34.5 hp, 9.5 def, 6.6 res, 16.1 critavo

Yay for doing shitty damage x 2. 12 base Atk with swords is pathetic. Kyle, who you have in Low tier, has 18 Atk, and axes have ~3 more Mt. That + lock to 1-range equals a combat failure.

Chest Keys can be bought from the map after beating Ch9. Door Keys, sure, but those are dropped by every goddamn enemy in front of a door.

myrrh massivly fails due to only having 50 attacks. and your tier list doesnt even include myrrh, so you're one to talk.

I accidentally forgot Syrene too, only looked at early and mid joiners. Either way, I put them in now.

And no, she doesn't fail due to having 50 attacks. She fails after she's attacked 50 times, but unless you're soloing maps with her, that will be only after the Donkey Kong is dead. Until then, she rapes in Ch17 due to flying around, and she devastates Ch18, Ch20 and Final.

Also, random note, Fa has 30 uses iirc.

Edited by Mekkah

Because nobody likes him.

Seriously, either argue something or don't post here. Don't troll tier list topics with your own massively biased opinions and RNG screwed characters and nicknames.

I'm the kind that thinks tier lists for a single player game are utterly pointless, but even I must say there are so many problems with that list. To name a few:

Ephraim is great, but I can't say he's the best in the game, and what the hell is Natasha doing so damned low?

No, not everyone. I can see Syrene and Amelia being worse than Knoll, since Knoll does have that 1-2 range, healing and possibly summoning going for him, while Syrene has practically nothing but flier utility (which she can't utilize well due to uber fail stats) and Amelia has... well, I personally think Amelia's fairly decent, actually, but I don't feel like arguing that one. So yeah, I can see Syrene at the bottom of the list, with Knoll directly above her.

Dozla and Myrrh are definitely better, though.

No, not everyone. I can see Syrene and Amelia being worse than Knoll, since Knoll does have that 1-2 range, healing and possibly summoning going for him, while Syrene has practically nothing but flier utility (which she can't utilize well due to uber fail stats) and Amelia has... well, I personally think Amelia's fairly decent, actually, but I don't feel like arguing that one. So yeah, I can see Syrene at the bottom of the list, with Knoll directly above her.

Dozla and Myrrh are definitely better, though.

Good points. I personally would put Knoll at the very bottom with Syrene just above him, so it is close. While Knoll has some advantages, he also starts with total fail 0 luck and 2 defense. They aren't going up much, either. The only use I can really see for him is to auto promote him and make sure he is never attacked, yet other characters can fulfill his roles better (see: Moulder, Natasha, Lute, Artur, Ewan, L'Arachel), and summoning... I never saw how that was at all useful.

I have been able to find some use for Syrene. Mainly rescuing/dropping and stuff, occasionally finishing off an enemy someone missed on the DA. Knoll tends to get killed if he ever enters combat. She's terrible, but I personally see her as a bit better than Knoll.

I have been able to find some use for Syrene. Mainly rescuing/dropping and stuff, occasionally finishing off an enemy someone missed on the DA. Knoll tends to get killed if he ever enters combat. She's terrible, but I personally see her as a bit better than Knoll.

Knoll can also finish off that same enemy and not die. Also, at that point rescuing and dropping likely isn't necessary anymore (aside of those NPCs in her joining chapter).

Oh yeah, and Vanessa, Cormag and Tana also all fill Syrene's roles better (if you're considering Myrrh a flier, then she also fills Syrene's role better), so that point is pretty useless, and I believe I've explained why before.

Knoll can also finish off that same enemy and not die. Also, at that point rescuing and dropping likely isn't necessary anymore (aside of those NPCs in her joining chapter).

Oh yeah, and Vanessa, Cormag and Tana also all fill Syrene's roles better (if you're considering Myrrh a flier, then she also fills Syrene's role better), so that point is pretty useless, and I believe I've explained why before.

I suppose he can, but no better than Syrene. His movement also isn't as flexible as Syrene's 8 and over-any-terrain movement. Plus, although her defenses are terrible, she should at least be able to take a hit or two at base, which Knoll really can't. Also considering the fact that every enemy has a chance to critical him until his 20% growth grants him a few points in luck.

Vanessa, Cormag, and Tana do fill the rescuing role better, but they're more likely fighting, where as healers still get experience, so finding Knoll useful for that isn't as likely as finding Syrene useful for her extra utility. And yeah, rescuing isn't likely to be needed anymore, but it's still nice to have in a pinch. Personally, I use rescue/drop all the time, usually to get supporting characters together.

Knoll can just put on the Hoplon Guard, since Moulder and Arthur both have a pile of CEV supports.

Knoll can just insta-promote, and from there provide you with a bit of healing and Summoning. It's worth something, but not much. Syrene...a flier filler. Might help a bit in the Gorgon chapter.

Topic poster hasn't been active since the 4th. I say we argue off of Mekkah's list.

-Ross is losing to Eph Route Marisa? wut?

-Without extra kills or something, Ewan is failling pretty badly. Recruited in Chapter 12, promoting to Mage in Chapter 14 or 15, not promoting to Mage Knight until 2 or 3 chapters after that? Bleh. Even Dozla is beating that.

-Gerik is below Eirika on Eirika Route?

Eirika is around the entire game and is one of the best characters for the first 8 chapters. She's most likely getting Seth A, Forde B for supports which increase her offense greatly.

Gerik has some support problems. He'll usually have Tethys A, and more likely than not only gets full supports if Marisa is in play, though Marisa A, Tethys B is awesome. <3

Eirika is around the entire game and is one of the best characters for the first 8 chapters. She's most likely getting Seth A, Forde B for supports which increase her offense greatly.

Eirika's supports help her out a lot, but I'm not sure if they do so by enough to actually make her better than Gerik.

Gerik has some support problems. He'll usually have Tethys A, and more likely than not only gets full supports if Marisa is in play, though Marisa A, Tethys B is awesome. <3

Lots of characters may want Gerik's support. Saleh would probably take whatever he can get. Gerik would be Joshua and, assuming Bottom Tier characters are not at all likely to be played, Ross's 3rd choice for a support as well in case they don't get their first two choice. Innes...yeah, maybe he won't get that one very often. Point is, while what Gerik has for a second support is probably going to vary a lot depending on what the rest of your team is like, I'd say he's got a pretty high chance of getting something for it.

Eirika is complete shit no matter what.

Syrene is VERY useful during the first turn or so in her recruiting level. Without her, it would be VERY difficult to make sure that none of the prisoners/captives/smurfs get killed by those stupid darkies.

But yeah, after that, jeepus Syrene, you blow.

Knoll is just plain crap in every way possible. As a big fan of darkies, I was VERY let down by his shit stats.

Just ignore Destiny Hero, like you always should.

-Ross is losing to Eph Route Marisa? wut?

myeah...let's take a closer look at Ross. Sucks in Ch2, Ch3, Ch4, maybe Ch5 unless promoted. Then in the following chapters, he's pretty good (one-rounds Soldiers, WTA over other lance dudes, can tank against Knights), and he grows quickly, so it shouldn't take any longer than until Ch9 that he's in the positive again, especially since the later you go, the more enemies you face per map (giving them more weight). Meanwhile Marisa isn't doing anything, while Ross is maybe getting some support.

Then Marisa joins in Eph route and she's pretty bleh overall. Not bad, but not good either (doubling, but for little damage, and she takes counters on little HP/Def, etc)..I'll move this stuff around a bit.

-Without extra kills or something, Ewan is failling pretty badly. Recruited in Chapter 12, promoting to Mage in Chapter 14 or 15, not promoting to Mage Knight until 2 or 3 chapters after that? Bleh. Even Dozla is beating that.

The idea with Ewan above others is that he can become good given handholding for those maps, whereas Dozla's performance really cannot. And that others won't really miss kills given away to them, since they gain about the same for weakening and killing, and it's like nothing anyway (like 8 EXP). I actually debated Ewan vs Dozla with Tino, arguing for him promoting to Mage at the end of 12 (he only needs 11 kills), and then to whatever before the desert map, and he wins from there.

It's favouritism though..

Couldn't shake off this from my debate with CATS.

Eirika ties with Seth for most number of chapters in the gaem, and she’s good in all of them. She’s one of your best attackers early on, featuring high Spd + Rapier + h4x Seth support + generally the highest non-Seth level, as the earliest joining unit.

Then Ch. 10 comes, and with it comes Gerik. He’s supportless and on a lower level than Eirika. Weak. They have about the same Att and Def, while Gerik has more Hp, but Eirika has more Spd, more Res, way more Avo, and a h4xy Prf stabbing device. Now, Gerik is going to improve, since he has a level gap to close and supports to build, but, the more levels they both gain, the more Eirika’s 55% higher overall growths come into play aswell, so it’s doubtful that Gerik is going to start winning. The best he does is about tie it up at some points (most notably at 21, assuming he catches up in levels by then), but at others he’s losing (most notably right after he joins, and then later when Eirika gets the Sieglinde and such), and he’s never clearly winning, and Eirika was pwning before he joined, so overall, sux to be him.

You're missing Gilliam on your list, Mekkah, unless I must've overlooked him :mellow:

I'm thinking about some things about your list as well. I'll post some stuff tomorrow ;)