FE8 Tier list!

You're missing Gilliam on your list, Mekkah, unless I must've overlooked him :mellow:

I'm thinking about some things about your list as well. I'll post some stuff tomorrow ;)

Eewww, Gilliam.

Gilliam is the only Knight in a GBA game that isn't invincible. Especially when he's defense-cursed. '-_-

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eewww, Gilliam.

Gilliam is the only Knight in a GBA game that isn't invincible. Especially when he's defense-cursed. '-_-

Gilliam's probably the best armor knight in all of the GBA games.

GBA?

Wendy?.......!?

Sealed Sword. You probably think it doesn't exsist.

Edited by Itsuki Koizumi

Gilliam's probably the best armor knight in all of the GBA games.

Oswin is far better than Gilliam. Besides having actual supports (Dorcas A, Hector B>occasionally Moulder B), Oswin is invincible for the first several chapters and will likely be the first character for a Knight's Crest. Gilliam doesn't have the utility Oswin has.

Gilliam is the only Knight in a GBA game that isn't invincible. Especially when he's defense-cursed.

Nobody is invincible (except for a full A Ike/B Tanith supported Oscar or something, with his +50 avo). Gilliam's durability is among the best, although he's actually the worst unit in his joining chapter, and the next few chapters coming are filled with Brigands. He's not having an easy time.

I wouldn't say he's "eeeeewwww" but he's definitely not great. Somewhere in mid tier, if you ask me.

Because like four base with a 30% growth is amazing.

Eight base, actually. :P I'm pretty sure what DH meant to say with his "Wendy?.......!?" comment was "who is Wendy?". He never played any of the JP-only games, so it's unlikely that he considers Wendy a good tank.

EDIT: As for Gilliam, I think he's one of the better armors on the GBA, but that isn't saying much. I agree that he's pretty average compared to quite a few other characters. His bases aren't very impressive, either.

Edited by Gustave

Alright. 2nd best armor knight. >_<

Canas or Ray is also the best Shaman...but that doesn't say much indeed.

Gilliam's problems are a lot like Oswin's, and the benefits are dimnished. Much more axe users early on, team has less trouble taking hits, yadda yadda.

In fact, he loses offense to about everyone. I guess in Upper Mid between Eph Tana and Eph Eirika is alright. Though it should be noted he can get B Franz kinda easily, and he has some other early joining options that might have room for him. Supports is definitely not his main problem.

-God-

Seth

Franz

Vanessa

Ephraim [Eph]

Moulder

Natasha

Tethys [Eir]

-High-

Arthur

Lute

Colm

Ephraim [Eir]

Duessel [Eph]

Tethys [Eph]

Kyle

Forde

Eirika [Eir]

Gerik [Eir]

Tana [Eir]

Saleh [Eir]

-Upper Mid-

Cormag [Eph]

Joshua

Gerik [Eph]

Tana [Eph]

Gilliam

Eirika [Eph]

Innes [Eir]

Marisa [Eir]

Myrrh

-Lower Mid-

Saleh [Eph]

Garcia

Cormag [Eir]

Marisa [Eph]

Ross

Rennac

-Low/Bottom-

Duessel [Eir]

Neimi

L'Arachel

Innes [Eph]

Ewan

Dozla

Knoll

Amelia

Syrene

-Good-For-A-Chapter-

Orson

Why is Kyle above Forde? On Ephraim's route, Kyle is slightly better due to Forde A, Ephraim B, but Forde decisively beats Kyle in Eirika's due to the option of Franz A, Eirika B. Also, he's at a slightly higher level and DAs a bit more. ^_^

Don't forget to mention Kyle is quite a lot better defensively, and has a better affinity to give to his partners - they're both likely to get full supports either way...just look at how ridiculously good support lists everyone except Dozla has in FE8.

Except Kyle won't be able to use his affinity half the time unless Colm A supports Kyle. Then he's better. But again, Colm has Neimi and Moulder for supports. Eirika and Franz both want Forde for full Attack and Critical. ^_^

On Ephraim's route, Forde and Kyle will likely A support and both B support Ephraim. Kyle>Forde.

On Eirika's route, Forde gets Franz A, Eirika B, while Kyle might get Colm A. Franz won't have an A support on Eirika's route due to EirikaxSeth A, so Forde fills that well. Kyle's defensive lead are less than Forde's much better offensive lead.

Edited by Swordsalmon

Neimi is lame tier, and Moulder has other supports too, so Colm is definitely looking for a Kyle support.

Also, Kyle supports Loot for Anima whenever Vanessa or Arthur isn't in play/supporting her (or Ross has to be in play and support her).

Forde and Kyle also, you know, support each other superfast. I'd say their massive support speed and convenience > slightly better bonuses.

Destiny hero, none of your comments will be taken into thought on this tier list. Eirika is great, but with a low def.

i forgot gilliam how bad of me!

EDIT: Well... yeah... Kyle..... all right I need to raise him quite a bit... but not as high as Forde yet.

DOUBLE EDIT: Actually, Gilliam already was on the list. He's in the upper half of the middle tier.

Edited by SunMoonSky

I'd presume that the main purpose of a tier thread is for the community to discuss the relative level of usefulness/power of a given game's units, not simply analysing the thread creator's ability of making such lists/setting the OP as the official TierMan/taking his considerations as Word of God.

There's no point in keeping two simultaneous tier threads about the same game.

Again, any suggestions I'd have involving your list would be putting units in the tiers I put them in my list. We're talking about the same units in the same game.