FE8 Tier list!

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, fine. i searched paged 2+3. colm needs to be lowered, knoll is uber fail, what else is new? oh yeah. myrrh isn't THAT bad. umm...

vannessa is lowered, seth is moved up. Did I miss anything?

Edited by SunMoonSky

I assume the unit at the top of top is Ephraim (Eph).

Some quick pointers, but again, just look at my own tier list and you see what I'd change.

I don't agree with Gerik (Eir) in top tier. Arthur, I could see I guess, but I think Lute has to be next to Arthur, since they're largely the same.

Joshua is Upper Mid material.

Franz should be much higher. He's your second/third best unit for all of earlygame, and probably midgame too.

Vanessa should be much higher as well. Her flier utility is quite amazing, and so are her supports.

L'Arachel is too underleveled and too frail to be anything but Low.

Forde and Kyle > Gilliam. Mobility >>

Eph Duessel is no worse than Seth for a pretty long time. He is also quite arguable against the cav trio. Higher.

oh yeah cavaliers are win in this game l'arachel lowest middle spot umm vannessa up and gerik lowered.

edit: also franz raised duessel raised and lute raised

edit2: joshua is lowest spot on high because there isn't an upper mid tier

Edited by SunMoonSky

WHAT KIND OF HACKED GAME ARE YOU PLAYING? SETH IS TERRIBLE CORMAG IS THE BEST ALONG WITH GERIK EPRAHIM AND ROSS AND EWAN AND AMELIA AND FRANZ! DUESSEL!?

short list

S

Ephraim

Cormag

Franz

Amelia

Ross

Ewan

Gerik

erika (after promotion)

A

Marisa

Joshua

Gillaim

arthur

tana

Knoll

B

Syrene

myrr ( based on stats she is godawful to use during game)

Lute

Seth

Moulder

l'achel

venessa

C

Garcia

Duessel

innes

rest of prepremotes.

In the end it dosent it matter becasue of infinite XP.

Since they dumbed this game down for the western world, even the prepremotes that are supposed to rot eg daguda

can be ok. It really dosent matter who you give XP to becasue tf the cheap tower.

WHAT KIND OF HACKED GAME ARE YOU PLAYING? SETH IS TERRIBLE CORMAG IS THE BEST ALONG WITH GERIK EPRAHIM AND ROSS AND EWAN AND AMELIA AND FRANZ! DUESSEL!?

short list

S

Ephraim

Cormag

Franz

Amelia

Ross

Ewan

Gerik

erika (after promotion)

A

Marisa

Joshua

Gillaim

arthur

tana

Knoll

B

Syrene

myrr ( based on stats she is godawful to use during game)

Lute

Seth

Moulder

l'achel

venessa

C

Garcia

Duessel

innes

rest of prepremotes.

In the end it dosent it matter becasue of infinite XP.

Since they dumbed this game down for the western world, even the prepremotes that are supposed to rot eg daguda

can be ok. It really dosent matter who you give XP to becasue tf the cheap tower.

Seth is one-rounding everything for 14-ish chapters, and he's still 2/3-rounding things come endgame. No other character can do that. Also, he's available for the entire game.

Cormag is weak to Bows, stuck to lances until promotion, and joins late.

Gerik's alright, but he also joins pretty late and isn't 1-rounding everything until the endgame.

Ephriam Route Ephriam is great, but he joins in chapter 7 (If you don't count 5x) and is stuck to lances.

Ross needs some babying to become good, and even then, the classes he can become are meh at best and he's not one-rounding things (a common occurance for this game), until chapter 7/chapter 8.

Ewan gets one-rounded in his joining level. He sucks. Hard.

Amelia joins even later than Ross, and still only becomes decent upon promotion. She needs a ton of babying.

Franz is the 2nd best character in the game because he will one-round things from chapter 3~ on. However, his performance lategame and earlygame aren't as great as you'd hope.

Duessel's actually fairly useful. He's a great tank, and he's got a good class. Plus, no promotion item needed.

The Tower and Arena aren't counted when judging characters. It wouldn't be fair otherwise. :|

Don't even bother pointing out the mistakes of his list, since it's one big failure anyway. Nobody but Franz and Artur are close to where they belong, so this is obviously a joke list or a list made by someone who doens't know shit about the game and just goes by personal preferences and experiences.

Don't even bother pointing out the mistakes of his list, since it's one big failure anyway. Nobody but Franz and Artur are close to where they belong, so this is obviously a joke list or a list made by someone who doens't know shit about the game and just goes by personal preferences and experiences.

Ouch. That was harsh. >_<

Probably the latter though.

Should we buy the Fire tomes from the battle-preparations menu or from the world map?

Battle-preparation, since no one has a Fire tome right now. Get ready the Silver Card right away.

Well, in Fe8 it quite doesn't matter to make a tiers list, since the game is way to easy.

But, if you want to make a list, it should be like "Guys that you're gonna equip legendary weapons/guys that you're not"

You can do well with nearly everybody,as long as you're Tower abusing.

In a tier list, efficiency is all that matters.

Well, in Fe8 it quite doesn't matter to make a tiers list, since the game is way to easy.

People like debating for fun.

But, if you want to make a list, it should be like "Guys that you're gonna equip legendary weapons/guys that you're not"

Again, the most efficient characters are put into the higher parts of a tier list. Legendary weapons are generally endgame, earlygame and midgame matters a lot too.

You can do well with nearly everybody,as long as you're Tower abusing.

That's not included in a tier list.

If it's not included, then my list would be the same as MaraeSceptre's just put Lute a little higher, and Moulder a little lower.

That factors in team building and endgame strength, but that's not all a tier list is all about. A tier list basically shows who is most helpful for most of the game.

That factors in team building and endgame strength, but that's not all a tier list is all about. A tier list basically shows who is most helpful for most of the game.

Yes, yes, I've already "said" what my list would look like, based on that, in my last post.

There's not much diversity on the tiers in this game, IMO.

I'm not talking about Easy/Normal/Hard difficulty modes. I'm talking about the fact that FE8 being easy has no effect on the tier list.

Recruitable enemies do not have HM bonuses in this game (from the top of my head, Joshua, Cormag, Amelia, Rennac, Marisa).