All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. We don't know how he miraculously survived the first time. Dude just has nine lives don't question it. How will I convince him? Okay, I choose to be part of the Medeus Faithful and my plan to convince Gharnef (and the thoroughly annoyed soul of Medeus) to try a third time is pointing out that Medeus saving the world would immediately sway the people of Akanea to our side. Doing away with the heretical god Narga and pleading for our Dominion. I'm betting the Monado has a very liberal notion of what a human is. As seen with the Face Mechon which lacks any recognizably human features or even a human will. The reason the Monado can't cut the outer shell of these clearly robotic beings is that it detects some human life inside. And it would be bold to assume the rules would change just because the world changed. For all we know, the Monado in a world that lacks Ether would never turn on and simply be a plastic toy. Also I'm not convinced of the designation "sentient life". As you can cut down so many organic creatures of Bionis. Surely some if not most of them meet even the most conservative definition. Furthermore, When you're ambushed by High Entian assassins, Shulk's attacks do no damage to them. So don't go accusing them of gameplay/story segregation. What counts as 'Human' is probably just the ability to verbally communicate. Assuming the Monado Works, and works how it does in its own world, my expectation of the Black Knight interaction is that it would either glance completely off the armor like with Face Mechon, or it would cut the armor and stop short of cutting the human inside. Now it's awkwardly lodged in his armor. You'd need about a dozen clean hacks to cut the armor off and what you're left with is still one of the best swordsmen in Tellius. It's a losing fight. I'd sooner put my money on Mog.
  3. Mayhap Loptyr was less interested in human-annihilation, and more "Hey, this place has plenty of will-be slaves and none of those bothersome Divine Dragons. I hereby declare myself Emperor and I will have others build my vacation house right here!πŸ‘‡ Nooooo other dragons allowed πŸš«πŸ‰, nobody, my continent!".πŸ˜› -Just an idea.😜
  4. The greatest mystery of Kirby- what is the relation of Bandana Waddle Dee to Sailor Waddle Dee, and both to Crystal Shards Waddle Dee?πŸ€” Thank you for the info! DK is an orphan, got it. You're so hysterical you question what kind of mushrooms got in the entree?πŸ€ͺ -Glad it was thrilling.πŸ˜ƒ I've been feeling like it's time that I sink myself into something long again, but every day I annoyingly find some petty reason not to. Don't give me a reason to complain about XCX again. Think on the bright side- you'll probably get a conclusion.πŸ˜› Can't say the same for everything out there. Wasn't enough that you had to sink Golden Sun, Dark Dawn, you had to do it on a serious cliffhanger with two-dozen unanswered questions.πŸ˜‘ Shenmue fans had their millenarian hopes raised, then razed beyond all belief.
  5. I would be up for depicting Miletos as the "harbor country" of Jugdral. Put in docks and ships(perhaps in poor condition, given current Loptyrian rule) and have like, one or two villagers be immigrants from other continents and comment on how horrible it is that Loptyr shut down all trade and transport, blocking their path back home, and there you go.
  6. Today
  7. Well, no, because that map is my completely fan made idea for what we could have got if Miletos didn't exist. The bit of sea south west of Melgen (which I had to turn into a lake) suggests there isn't a path there because there's a mountain in the way. The path Quan and Ethlyn most likely took was the same one we see them on in Chapter 5, only from there they would have turn west and approached Edda from the south. I'll brook no praise for them. They are not good. The mix of palettes is hideous and I have a forest poking out into the ocean. This was a very time consuming low effort activity when I really should have been doing something better XD Genealogy's maps are just fantastic for that scale and and immersion of the story though. It was a ballsy move making every chapter in the game almost 4,000 tiles big and half coveredi n mountains and ocean the payer would never go to, but it was one that paid off. Well we do see the children running from Ridale who are presumably from Miletos. And they're typical generic anime white children. That being said, I wouldn't be entirely against blackening up Miletos a bit of it were to get a few characters. It's in the south after all, and that's mostly what I'd care about when it comes to these things. Though, I suppose, Thracia is just as far south as well, and I don't think I'd react kindly to black Travant, but, idk, Miletos just feels sunnier because they used a dark palette for Thracia and a surprisingly bright one for Miletos. You also have the exotic trade hub angle with Miletos as well, which would make the idea more palettable. Maybe there is a southern continent they have access to which gives rise to all this trade and foreign travelers (though introducing something like that to the setting would give the inevitable question of why Lopt never conquered, though I suppose Lopt did know about Archanea and never found his hate boner for the mere existence of humans so great as to invade his homeland where all the humans he actually hated in life lived). SNES just had the character limitations stopping the class from being named "Drag Queen" (don't think too hard about what that might suggest for Hilda).
  8. Oh of course. We're adults. We determine what society is. Everything is our fault (not facetious). But that goes back to ShantyPete's initial comment which he deemed "toxic positivity", which I would say is just plain true (the content of the comment, not the branding of it as toxic). There isn't much merit in getting upset in trends in media when the option to just watch other media in a huge landscape of options is right there.
  9. I'm not sure where you're getting the idea for either of those questions, neither lent nor I have implied that you're completely wrong or that more popular media is better (either necessarily or probably). What we are saying is that, if we watch cape-crap, it's our own fault. The most reasonable alternative would be to read and watch things you expect to actually be good.
  10. Saying we're at the mercy of the system is perhaps a bit too dramatic a statement. But I think it should be undeniable that advertising and ease of access absolutely influence what we choose to do and see. Those things are there and aren't too troubling to get, but it is still easier than sitting down on Netflix or Youtube and watching just whatever is suggested or whatever everyone is talking about (whether they're saying good things or bad things). If I'm completely wrong then what's the alternative? That the media we choose to consume is purely meritocratic and that this is the best of the best even though we spend half the time complaining about it?
  11. Come to think of it - this would've been, essentially, the path that Quan and friends took to meet up with Sigurd, way back in the Prologue. I like the idea of Leif, in particular, taking the journey his mother and father once did. My "out there" idea for a Jugdral remake would be - expand Thracia 776 so that defeating Blume, then Travant, and reuniting Leonster, is almost all under Leif's army. Seliph liberates Isaach, but largely skips over Thracia to free Miletos instead. And maybe Verdane, if he has a spare afternoon. Then they reunite at Chalphy (hm, Edda might make more geographic sense), and take on the remaining Imperial forces as one. Yeah, see? A clear shot from Melgen to Peruluke, with just one castle in the way. Seliph could still beat up Blume at Ulster, to throw Leif a bone and all. By the way, loving your custom maps. One of my favorite aspects of FE4 is everything melding together like this. I'm literally playing upon the world map! Lewyn celebrates killimg his uncles with an old-fashioned crab rave. Bragi holy blood with a reason to exist, all of a sudden. Hear me out - the fact that we don't see anyone from Miletos means they could actually be black. And, there's more men than women in Gen II, so why not a black woman? And and, IS has definitely been more willing to include LGBT characters in their games, so a black trans woman from Miletos... farfetch'd, but not impossible. ...Make her a War Mage with Elthunder named Laverne. Laverne Shox. Seliph's entire army class-changes to Wyvern Rider for the trip, then dismounts as soon as they catch a whiff of ballistae. Wait, never mind what I said before. Turns out, we had a trans icon hidden in the Arena this whole time! Kaga, you magnificent dastard. Huh, I had assumed that the Staff would have an effect similar to the same-named skill. Granting it to one of your allies. Except, the staff is チャーム (Chaamu), while the skill is γ‚«γƒͺγ‚Ήγƒž (Karisuma). So, "Charm" versus "Charisma". Not the same, really. It has 1-10 range, so perhaps it was a status staff that could control enemies? Then again, it's A-rank, while the other status staves were B-rank. And other staves (Physic, Restore, Fortify, Rescue) also had 1-10 range. So, who's to say, after all?
  12. Aw sweat, CYOA time. Black Knight's armor doesn't scare me. I figure the Lightsphere can be used to ignore that- so the first step is to petition Marth for aid (i.e. gimme lightsphere).
  13. Why not both? Spread propaganda for the truth! What's the alternative? Propagandize lies about myrmidon supremacy? Yeah, I agree on that. It's mostly an FE trend as far as I'm aware (I'm not aware of a lot of pop culture happenings), but I dislike it a lot. It makes the cast feel much more homogeneous and less rag-tag. It's a convenient way to not have to recruit characters since they all join with the lordlets, but I enjoyed the way you built your army by actually satisfying recruitment conditions. Some people inherit a farm. Some people inherit a position of authority over others. Ike gains the latter, as Jotari points out. People still inherit things today. If we're going with the "he's a commoner" (read: poor everyman) because he lacks a noble title, we're going with the idea that most people who inherit fortunes are in fact poor everymen. Nobility exists as much as poverty or the IRS exist. Lacking physical units doesn't make something nonexistent. Regardless of what the story says or how it tries to frame it, the substance simply isn't there. Ike is a "common man" on a strictly superficial level. Multiverse stories could be cool if they were Westerns. Just as a man could wander into town and ride into the sunset, so too could the multiversal traveler. Sol is a good skil! I'm confused, these two positions seem absolutely at odds. How can these things be readily available to us and yet we are still at the mercy of a system? We have the means to ingest the best books of Victorian England and we choose not to. While I don't know your steam library, I also feel that a lot of indie games are part of the "mainstream" of video game culture. They are "indie" in funding and production but not really spread. I'm including the second paragraph because I agree (broadly) with this interpretation of Jotari's statement (with respect to him despite this, of course).
  14. dude i played 80 hours of three houses and i still do not remember any of it
  15. He pretended to be her uncle or something, didn't he? She was only pissed when she found out the truth during the generation skip. I think. And by then he was already pretty damn committed to the whole continent spanning war thing that was going on.
  16. I certainly can't, but at least it's something that's significantly better than the last set of cartoons
  17. Iunno. I hate to derail the thread (natural occurrence) but I feel like hanging around, while inferior to being there for your kid, indicates a conscience which isn't totally seared.
  18. I think the fact that the Monado is present at all would imply that Alvis is definitely present somewhere within the world. If you can find him, I believe that there's a high probability of victory assuming he can be recruited.
  19. Alright, time to begin Chapter 7... > Olivier leaves the party
  20. Yup, the Monado can be used as a weapon, as people in the continent of Akaneia are not Homs. Skull Kid is a skull kid who just so happens to be the antagonist of a game. This would not come into play, as "turns" don't exist in real life. If you want another dancer, you will have to recruit one who already exists. Also, Mog's dances are attacks, not the same as the refresh dance from Fire Emblem which should only "encourage" users when applied realistically. Other people can definitely use the Monado, as seen with Dunban. However, its ability to damage the Black Knight would most likely be limited. Since it's only his armor that's enchanted, the laser part of the Monado might be able to do some damage. Even if Gharnef somehow miraculously survived, which seems very unlikely, you would have to do something even more miraculous to convince him to do your bidding. Also, you have three days. Nevertheless, I am going to say that Gharnef is dead. To all: You may continue to ask for more information and even debate the conditions, but the moon is on its way. Once you have your plan, you should provide your entire plan of action as to how you either stop the moon's crashing ( it's presumed incapacitating Majora / the Majora's Mask will result in the moon going back to normal ), saving the people you choose, or perhaps simply saving yourself.
  21. Pyrathi is the only obvious choice for the country to live in. No matter how powerful your Monado and Yoshi riding skills are, the simple truth is that three days is not a lot of time to cross a continent. Pyrathi, however, happens be right on Akaneia's doorstop. To get there on time you'd would also want to be the unit with the best capacity to move around, which is a Wyvern Manakete. Monado can hurt humans. What it can't hurt is sentient life from Bionis. Which skull kid is almost certainly not.
  22. "Understood, I'm with you Gean!" The pinkette kept close to support her girlfriend, her eyes were firmly on Gean's back. We'll make it out, I believe...no. "I believe in you, Gean." It was something worth saying, no regrets left behind after all. Renais holds her ground.
  1. Load more activity