All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Jean gets Pulverize now. Except unlike in Berwick Saga, it does not double attack. It triples it. Doesn't allow for a double attack. But it's not like many things will survive that first hit anyway. It's all pretty crazy, honestly.
  3. Interesting. I think this is mostly what I tried to do, but I and the guide had Kanbei on the left and Eagle on the right. My problem was that the AI behaved differently from how it did in the guide in a few key ways (for an example: early on, it positioned one of its medium tanks in a way that made it out of reach of Eagle's helicopters on the turn the guide used them to attack that tank). All those characters are unlocked in the remake if I recall correctly. That sounds good. I was just saying that, when given a choice, I usually picked Andy as the CO. There is? I don't recall the game ever mentioning it at any point. I'm definitely going to look for it now, as that can be a big help, though it only being for the current turn is a little disappointing. Thanks for the unit advice.
  4. I wonder how long it took the Reverie team to go through and edit basically a few thousand of these files one by one: I guess they just should have done the job right the first time. This is what you get when you put out low quality work. XD
  5. Kaga: "The inner machinations of my mind are an enigma." Nerfs who was already one of the worst units in the game. At least it seems he's made Bone Cells actually half-worth the time of day now. That's nice. But seriously why take away Prody's singular claim to fame? That's so weird. Kaga, what are you plotting? Is he getting Super Pursuit at level 25 now?
  6. Since most around here don't want others to have their own opinions on things? Then yeah. XD
  7. Bonacel gets the Guard skill and now has build in effective damage against cavalry. Prody lost Good Neighbor and has a random chance to not lose weapon durability. Prody is definitely not doing so hot. Hopefully he was at least blessed with a different skill to replace Good Neighbor II. Guard is also a lot stronger here then in Berwick Saga, considering you get to move all your units at once.
  8. With that already dismissive attitude? Nah, i'm good lmao
  9. Well. Here we go, I guess. Care to provide any examples while I still have energy to get into this argument?
  10. From what ive seen, most of the text changes so far are cringe.
  11. Today
  12. By being more faithful to the original, yes.
  13. I forgot that TTYD's text was being butchered!
  14. See I love this idea in theory, but the reality of playing the tower with lyre mist meg etc. makes my toes curl. I do think there's something to this though, and if I do the run with this in mind I can ensure an even enough exp distribution to rig the tower. I guess I'd want units with very good bases in that case... Straight away I'm thinking "How can I level everyone higher than Elincia and Titania" lmao but the reality of getting EVERY unit to 3rd tier is daunting. This sort of EXP distribution also serves as a sort of "canon" playthrough. I always found it weird that level 1 fiona doesnt get turned to stone, and this would be a good explanation as to why.
  15. Thesephine watched him pass out completely... She let out a small huff and leaned back against him, pulling out her phone and curling up on his lap. "My fault for getting my hopes up and assuming, I guess... Not that I'll ever tell him that. Hmph. I'll just wait for him to wake up, then..." She idly flipped through Callisto's net, finding some of the streamers live to watch while he napped. She slipped a set of earbuds into her ears and flopped against him completely, getting comfortable. "Hey! Leon~! You havin' fun over here?" Azame butted into his conversation with the... Biker? Giving them a wave and a smile, then turning her attention back to red. "You should head on over to my table~! I've got two real lookers talked up into a visit to the ship... don'cha wanna get in on the action? Ehhh?" Azame leaned past him towards the bar, waving down the bartender. "Two of your strongest, please! Not for me, though. Gotta drive the car~" The arcade was booming with music, games, people playing, lights, all sorts of sounds in between... It was striking. She'd played a few video games here and there, things that you could play on your phone or on a computer. This was all classic stuff, stuff she'd read about but never gotten her hands on. "Let's do a racing game!" She almost jumped in place as she said it, eyes wide, staring all around. "I wanna go head to head with you, but I feel like you'd kick my ass in a fighting game or those carnival games... Maybe I can watch you do those later, but! I'm good at going fast... I think I can take you if it comes to racing." She giggled a little as Catrin couldn't stand still, swaying a bit along with her, her energy quite infectious... Glancing past her... "Whoa." She'd seen plenty of augments, but... "Those are crazy," she muttered, impressed, a bit stunned, looking her all over. "Catrin, you seeing this...?" The couple walked away, Selu almost whistling. "Can't believe anyone would get augmented that far, but it was immaculate. Dang." "Of course I've played skee-ball you doofus~ Heheh. I wouldn't suggest it if I hadn't... Don't get cold feet on me; I'm gonna play circles around your score. I've got that middle hole all figured out." Miz winked, taking her card slapping it into the machine, ready to play, picking up one of the balls and effortlessly tossing it with a spin, only to catch it without even looking. She put her other hand on her hip and leaned forward some. "You've met your maker, Markus~ Hope you're ready to get creamed... You want me to go first, set the score, or should I let you kick your feet around in the pool before I splash this wave of points over you~?" Senri's eyes shot off of the helmeted individual, focusing hard on Marianne, only using his peripherals to watch them now. "Great, now they're looking at me. Thought I was being inconspicuous enough... Let's just hope that Azame brings Red back with her and we can convince them both out of here and back to the ship. Or at least, out of here... Geez, this is not what I signed up for today..." "... That was you?" Tristan had heard the news of it, never looking too deeply into it, but he recalled something about stolen plans and a disgraced student, but... To think it was Amy? That's what she was implying, anyway... Well... That changes... "Huh. Never thought I'd meet the person responsible face to face... Oh well. You're here now, and I trust that anyone who wanted you on the Dawn would've also known... If I can trust their discretion, I can trust you. Maybe you're a really good actor, but... I don't think so. I think you're a genuine engineer that got stuck in a terrible situation. Life's put you here, after it all... And you should be free to explore anything you want. You think the other engineers are gonna care?" He slowly slid a hand into her hair and smiled, gently cupping her face. "I bet if you showed everyone here your plans they'd be jumping up to help you with it. Whatever it is you're working on has to be a slam dunk... You and I both know you're way more than a pretty face. They don't put people on ships like this if they don't deserve to be there... And you deserve it every bit as the rest of us, Amy." Phew... Laid it on a little thick, but I meant it all, so... It should be fine. Yeah. "Where to start... Shared hobbies? Simply asking to train together, some co-op simulations against enemies rather than going toe to toe with each other. Just saying hi back to the one that messaged you... At your own pace, of course. Maybe for now, rest and enjoy some recreational activities. Movies, books, a swim at the pool. I think they have a hot tub section... It just wouldn't do to strain your emotional state so soon after what happened, but, you should try and push your boundaries once you've returned to a comfortable medium. Does that sound alright, Esther?" It would likely be difficult, given how Esther seemed, now and from her file, but it was something she was going to have to do to get along with the squadron. They were going to be on Callisto for a while, after all...
  16. Right, I should have been more specific. I wanted to know why are there so few actual clones (or if there are, and I just didn't know). Unicorn Overlord is not such a game, because combat is different, map design is different, units move in real time etc. Persona 5 Tactica is not a clone, despite it having rpg elements, named characters and a grid, because it also focuses on small maps and deploys only 3 characters. FF Tactics also does not cut it, different camera perspective, emphasis on verticality etc (although this one is close). Aside from the last 2 and tactics, I've never heard of these games before. Also, they look like games made in rpg maker, my query is bigger games (this may be wrong in current age, but I consider a game big, if it got a physical release). Yes, and no. My idea was to ask, since this question has been with me for some time now.
  17. I suppose we'll see how it pans out, but... Well, once more, Garry says it's real. I don't know how he ascertained it but it's not like they'd be jumping at the opportunity to comb 20 years worth of content to remove. That's a massive ordeal and it only serves to piss off the community. Which is, on the other hand, a very Nintendo move, what with their treatment of (some series') fangames and all. Instead of "Three Shadow Sisters" the leader refers to themselves as "Three Shadows - RELATION WITHHELD" I can confirm it has really pleased the trans folks I know.
  18. Add the idea that everything happening in a story must contribute to the story, to the pile of garbage that ought to get taken out the back and the idea that everything must tie together, both of which is a sign of a weak spirit yearning for a complete, safe and sane world. Put random shit in stories! Makes it greater than woohoo, you´re gods favorite chosen specialz and the evil guy is actually your mom. You literally call someone a furry in that thread, not even with a questinmark... yeah, sus af. Not just a furry, but an inept one? Fine, just give them here.
  19. This is on the hardest setting, right? Cuz I kind of assumed that the series was supposed to be capable of putting up an better fight than that
  20. Young Rebecca [+Spd / +Atk] Gusty War Bow [Assist] Astra / Dragon Fang Atk/Spd Finish 4 Special Spiral 4 / Spd/Def Tempo 4 Pulse Up: Blades / Infantry Pulse 4 / Time's Pulse 4 [any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk/Spd] / Null Follow-Up 3 / Quickened Pulse Young Rebecca [+Spd / +Atk] Gusty War Bow [Assist] Deadeye / Luna Atk/Spd Finish 4 Spd/Def Tempo 4 / Phys. Null Follow / Desperation 4 Incite Atk/Spd / Atk/Spd Pledge / Atk/Spd Oath 4 [any Sacred Seal that boosts Atk/Spd] / Null Follow-Up 3 / Quickened Pulse Tier-3 versions of Special Spiral, Tempo, and Null Follow-Up are weaker, but still viable.
  21. This is true. Or, at least, it is more true than it would be for other forms of media. There is definitely a stereotype when it comes to music of old people not being able to relate to youths and being shocked when young people have never heard of a given band that was popular several decades ago. Not sure I explained that well, so I'll just post a Simpsons clip that encapsulates what I'm talking about. Though, to counter my own point now, I think as time goes on "who" made a piece of music becomes quite irrelevant compared to the actual music itself. Which might play into that perception. An old person might be agahst that some youngesters don't know who the Beetles are, but if you play a few songs they will probably recognize the most iconic ones. For my own direct experience of that, I've asked some Japanese kids if they know who Queen is and virtually none of them do. But tap out "We Will Rick You" and they'll recognize it instantly. So, uh what am I trying to say with all this. I... don't really know to be honest. Your time investment point is probably correct though and my final addition would be that as young people age and start making stuff like TV shows and movies, they often carry along the music of their youth with them and put them in soundtracks. Music is also so emblematic of a specific decade, at least for the 20th century, that it's often used to set the tone for a scene set in the recent past. It's easier and impactful for visual media to play a recognizeable 60s song than it is to show off a book or movie from the era to set the mood (though they do do that in occassion too). To defend our taste in fictional universes, Fire Emblem is much less a franchise than most franchise. Since it entirely changes it setting and cast every five years. Sure we have fifty something versions of ghost cameo Marth, but by and large each new Fire Emblem entry (or every second entry) is a new story and not a sequel or a reboot. It is a franchise in the technical sense, but compared to other franchises Fire Emblem functions more of a brand name than a real franchise.
  22. If you need help for this specifically... Andy is going to get clobbered right away, just focus on surviving with him. Maybe let Sturm take the nearby neutral airport so he'll churn out air units there, within easy reach of any Anti-Airs you build. Try to get Andy to scapegoat the first Meteor Strike (not if an Infantry cluster is as effective as it used to be at baiting it). If need be, have your two other armies scatter their units the turn you're expecting a Meteor Strike so that the 3x3 +shape is less likely to hit them, or at least cause less damage. While Andy holds out, the two side armies need to rush to his aid. As I was used to the GBA originals and cleared the old unlock requirements, I'm not sure if Grit & Olaf and Drake, Eagle, & Kanbei are already unlocked. If you do have a choice, the pick Max for the left side, and pick either Kanbei or Eagle for the right side, that'll be the strongest pair. Don't pick Sami for the right, she's the worst choice here. Send these armies up the left and right, capturing all the properties they can along the way. Churn out Tanks, AA, and aircraft to send Sturm back over the river. He has -20 Defense in AW1's Campaign, his units are squishier than normal. Unless you're Grit, don't bother with indirects, this map has too much movement for them. Given your starting positions, need to take the forward deployment facilities, and not overly abundant funds, it will take a few turns to get to Sturm. This won't be an option in the Black Hole Rising campaign. There, for the majority of maps, you'll be assigned a specific CO for a given mission. If they have certain strengths, you can usually expect their maps will emphasize them. You do know there is a Turnwheel-like feature that was added in Re-Boot Camp, right? It can only reset the current turn you are on. But if you realize you messed up during the enemy phase, you can exit the game before it's done and you should go back to the end of the player phase, I think? I'm an AW veteran (all four games) who has logged more than a few hours in Re-Boot Camp. I'm not a perfectionist by any means, though. I concede I'm not great at giving advice.😅 And I'm not sure if I can wrap my head around what you're feeling given how adapted to AW I am. Nonetheless, I'll try. A few unit tips.: Unless it's Fog of War, skip Recons, they're flimsy, weak, their move isn't great if it isn't on Roads. While Mech spam is a great tactic in some Versus maps, on the Campaigns I don't recall many instances where it's a great idea. I make just enough Infantry/Mechs and related transports for my capturing needs, and try to keep them alive. -Unless I'm using Infantry as meatshields for my indirects. Your standard Tank is affordable and powerful, the workhorse of any land army. If the enemy has aircraft, complement your Tanks with some Anti-Airs. If the enemy has Bombers, carry 2 AA per enemy Bomber. For even if one AA has to be used as bait, the other will be able to follow up cripple the enemy Bomber, if the other AA is still hanging by a thread, you might be able to finish the Bomber off with it. AA are also stronger than Tanks against Infantry and Mechs, although they will take more damage from bazooka rounds if a Mech strikes first. On air units.: Battle Copters are versatile and fairly affordable, they make for a nice unit triangle with Tanks and AAs. Bombers are powerful, but expensive. Spamming them shouldn't be done willy-nilly, unless the map necessitates it. Fighters- look at the terrain. If there's plenty of water to cross or big distances to cover or lots of mountains for enemy aircraft to hide in beyond your AAs' reach, then build some Fighters. AA are otherwise less expensive. Indirect combat units are better for slower, more defensive play. When you need to hold a chokepoint, when maps have thick terrain, then indirects get better. If a map is open or demands aggressiveness, then Artillery and Rockets find it more difficult to be useful. Artillery vs. Rockets- Rockets are a little stronger and have more range. However, you can buy 2 Artillery and 3 Infantry to serve as meat shields for the price of 1 Rocket. Really consider if you need the extra range first. Mid-Tanks- Similar to the Rocket consideration. 16k can get you a Mid-Tank, or you can break that into 2 regular Tanks with 2k funds left over. Or 1 Tank and 1 AA, or 1 Tank 1 Artillery 1 Mech. Do you need the extra durability only a Mid-Tank can provide, and perhaps additional single-hit oomph? On the AI- It struggles in two-front wars if you ever get into one. Focus on holding on a single front, then pound away at them on the other. It also doesn't have a great sense of self-preservation in these old games either. And is fairly bad at naval wars too, spamming Landers and not enough combat units to protect them. With regard to the map- always keep an eye out for any well-placed unclaimed deployment facilities. Get them, deny them to the enemy. The AI doesn't usually see these key properties for what they are. -If you move on the to the AW2 campaign and need advice on any map, just ask. I cleared the normal version almost perfectly last year.
  23. It feels like I've played through a lot, but I only just finished the Underground Palace. Well, can't complain, really. Will continue tomorrow.
  24. I'm entirely in agreement with everyone else saying that twists for the sake of twists are terrible and that there are no truly original stories. So I have to wonder if something was lost in translation here. Because, honestly, this kind of just makes him come across as a bit of a bozo. It just makes me assume that there is some sort of context or nuance that isn't coming across. I was thinking about this some more, and realised that there is a pretty notable exception to this general trend: music. Sure, the absolute most basic and milquetoast taste in music is just to listen to whatever happens to be in the charts at that the time, but listening to decades old music is pretty common and unremarkable. If someone is really into 60s music or 80s music then that's not likely to raise eyebrows in the same way as someone who's really into 60s movies or 80s novels. I wonder if this is just because of the relative time commitments. Watching a movie takes about 2 hours. Reading a novel takes maybe 5-10 hours. Listening to a song takes about 3 minutes. This means that most of us are going to be listening to a whole lot more songs than we are watching movies or reading novels, so maybe that's what encourages us to be a bit more diverse in our consumption? Back to the main topic, I've also thought of another trend that I am weary of: endless sequels, prequels, midquels, remakes, demakes, remasters, reimaginings, spin-offs, adaptations, extended universes, cinematic universes, alternate universes, and so on. Which isn't to say that media franchises are inherently a bad thing. I mean, we're sitting here having this discussion on a fan site for a game series that has seen somewhere between 14 and 25 games, depending on how you count. Any individual new game or movie that's part of a bigger franchise isn't really the problem. Rather, the problem is the absence -- or at least the paucity -- of original stand-alone titles.
  25. By letting the player build friendships and romances between their characters, the games let them write "their" fanfiction and watch it play out, in a sense. Of course, the exact lines, outcomes and events are still predetermined, but there's certainly an element of player creation/choice in the whole system, which some people frown at. I personally don't have too much trouble with the idea behind it, I just wish they were implemented more organically.
  26. I suppose the silver lining is that the game may have extra stuff (a previous trailer showed a new NPC in the Glitzville exterior area that wasn't there in the original), and that may still be kept secret. I suppose it's little hope to see them re-adding some scrapped stuff like the Sirens fights planned for Chapter 4. Or Beldam being the one who summoned/created the Smorgs to begin with. Or Prince Mush as a bonus boss as many hoped he could've been? Oh yes, Vivian was certainly top tier, and yeah, quite a novelty too. The first Paper Mario used all pre-existing species for partners, but then TTYD thought to experiment a little. Too bad they scrapped partners for the most part after this.
  1. Load more activity