All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Yeah that's the funny part, they recognized that cavalry had innate advantages over infantry, and even tried to account for it, but somehow never seemed to have successfully bridged the gap, either in the classic games or afterwards. Part of it might be because it's hard to come up with anything exciting for ground troops without getting absurd, their irl advantages are mostly in mundane things like not costing too much to train and maintain, being flexible in formations, and being far less prone to accidents.
  3. All of Gen 2 has this one consideration behind it- how does a ragtag group of Issachan rebels end up overthrowing one-and-a-half-decade-almighty Grannvale Empire? Direct confrontation between the core Grannvalian armies and Seliph's group could've happened as early as Chapter 7. Edda is directly west of Darna, the Empire could've easily sent out Brian as Seliph was dealing with Ishtore and flanked the rebels. However, if you've any liking for a notion of realism, that couldn't happen. And if you wanted Gen 2 to be longer than maybe three chapters (without writing a retreat into Seliph's story), you couldn't have it happen either. Helping Leif on the Thracian Peninsula keeps away from Grannvale, and limits Seliph to only fighting regional imperial occupation forces -even if they're led by one of the leading families in the Empire. Travant & Arion are another useful distraction. It's only with Miletos, 5/6s into Gen 2, that Seliph begins strategically aiming for Grannvale itself, he isn't moving away from it as he did going into the Thracian Peninsula. His army is well-experienced by now. Even if it might not feel like it, because Gen 2 has to share a game with Gen 1, and those giant maps... might impose limits on the feeling of story development/progression?
  4. I tried to mock up a Chapter 10 where Miletos doesn't exist. I wanted to start from Luthecia (the chapter where Coirpre/Sharlow is held) and end up in Edda, to have continuity between the maps, but the distance is too far both vertically and horizontally to fit on a standard Genealogy sized map. I could just about fit a chapter in where they start at Melgen (Ishtore's castle) and reach Edda. Zero attempt was made to actually design a map with functional gameplay. It was purely tossing geography together to make a coastline connecting the two spots (and without any care for palette either). This would have Alvis be in Edda randomly instead of Chalphy and would then make you begin in Edda for the final chapter, which is also kind of random. There's definitely a full circle theme starting the final chapter at Chalphy. So, yeah, while I'd definitely love for their to be continuity between the chapters (the easetern part of Jugdral can't be connected to the central and western parts, if there was a little bit more care given to the Yied desert they could, but none of the ridges line up exactly), creating Miletos for that thematic refrain was probably the best decision.
  5. Today
  6. Gean smiled as Renais kissed her cheek, "I'll do my bes-". There were footsteps closing in, and Gean was sure she was pulling up the rear. "We've got company. Behind me." Gean turned around the corner to find two enemies, a mercenary with a thief behind her. Gean looked at the odd sword in the merc's hands, best to let them come to me. Holding her axe in a defensive stance and barring her scales, Gean looked the merc in the eyes. "Come on, let's dance cowards." Gean to 5-25
  7. "Miz'Githon..." Roxanne repeated, barely audible. She wracked her brain but... the name did not recall any memories. Though from what little she could gather, if this Miz was trapped to the West, then it was likely far afield from Lufiria, so it made sense that she would have no knowledge of her. The secrets of anima magic... how peculiar. The voice seemed to be gone, but... 'The West? Where to the West? We're on the Eastern coast of the continent, I...' Roxanne questioned briefly, wondering if the voice would return. Should she be encouraging it to? Was this real or was she simply succumbing to the pressure of the situation?
  8. "...o can hear me... ...od. To the Wes... I'm trapp... ...o hav... ... sav... m..." The voice was fading back out, though with one final surge... "Miz. Miz'Githon. Find me... And I will teach you the secrets... anima magi... when... ... stron...r ... Con...ct... Y... ...gain..." The voice faded away into nothing, leaving Roxanne with her thoughts.
  9. Thing seemed to be going smoothly, with Alvira's flashy melee execution swiftly followed-upon by Syndra and Alriana, leaving the area clear for a moment. Surely it wouldn't be long until more of Kazran's forces came into range, and they would be just as swiftly cut down once they did. Before Roxanne could advance though, she heard a faint voice. She could barely make out what they were saying, why were they whispering in the middle of a battlefield? She couldn't even recognize who was speaking with how soft it was. "I can barely hear you. Speak u-" Roxanne began, until it dawned on her that no one in her vicinity appeared to actually be speaking. But that couldn't be right, could it? She was certainly having a foul day, but surely she wasn't actually going insane...? 'You aren't... here, are you? Who...?'
  10. There seemed to be someone up ahead. Someone in golden armor... Talulah had been about to call out to them, when Yscavelne began shaking in its scabbard. Release me. Release me! Feed! I must feed on this armor! Now! NOW!! "Kh!" Talulah gripped the sword, but that only made things worse, her hand clenching tightly against the blade, unable to tear it away! "Rrhhh... You, I don't know who you are... But, prepare yourself!" The blade was drawn, half against her will, but... Anything that makes myself and Yscavelne stronger... Is worth doing! "...llo... hel... ... ...ead... e..." A voice slowly sounded into Roxanne's mind, quiet, distant. "If... ... an... hea... ... resp...d..." It was so faint, so distant... Ever so slowly becoming more clear. "Hello... Hello? Are you... mmm... Can you... ...r me...?"
  11. Do not be ashamed. I won't lie, it kinda feels like a filler place. They needed land between Thracia and Arvis for build-up so they just threw Miletos in there. It'd be neat if she was a Miletos royal and that's how she ended up being queen of the place lol And thinking about it, the only character that comes to mind that's black-haired but isn't from Isaach is Asaello. Even Carcino from Sacred Stones isn't this bad off. Even if it's really easy to forget Rennac is from there because he's far easier to associate to the Rausten gang.
  1. Load more activity