Mistakes or errors on the site

VincentASM

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could you please elaborate on how the Devil Axe misfire rate is calculated in FE6? Does it take the displayed level into account, or does promotion make it level + 20 (in which case, Devil Axe will have a 1% chance of misfiring for all promoted enemies)?

http://www.serenesforest.net/fe7/recr.htm lists Harken / Karel recruitment on PFoD Kenneth as < 2 / >=2 promoted enemies, when I was pretty sure it was < 3 / >= 3. Did I misremember?

I tested it a while back and I'm pretty sure < 2 / >=2 should be correct. However, I forgot to mention HHM (and maybe EHM?) add more promoted enemies which don't count towards the requirements.

Could you please elaborate on how the Devil Axe misfire rate is calculated in FE6? Does it take the displayed level into account, or does promotion make it level + 20 (in which case, Devil Axe will have a 1% chance of misfiring for all promoted enemies)?

It should be displayed Level, so the backfire rate goes back up when you promote.

I tested it a while back and I'm pretty sure < 2 / >=2 should be correct. However, I forgot to mention HHM (and maybe EHM?) add more promoted enemies which don't count towards the requirements.

It should be displayed Level, so the backfire rate goes back up when you promote.

That would explain why my test just last night on HHM did not comply. Is there any way knowing which promoted enemies are "freebies"?

I'm not really sure at this point, but I would compare the NM enemy roster witht he HM roster and see which promoted units stay and/or are added. I'll probably check that chapter again soon.

Just a minor error, but on this page:

http://www.serenesforest.net/fe9/staff2.htm

There is a percent symbol next to the Ashera Staff's EXP gain that shouldn't be there. Clearly, you only gain 1 level of EXP (100 points), not an automatic raise to level 20/20, which is what the percent symbol might lead some people to believe...

That's an odd behavior, I hadn't noticed it before.

I checked and it seems to have the same stats as Elfire - Mt 9, Hit 80, Crt 0, Wt 3.

There is a percent symbol next to the Ashera Staff's EXP gain that shouldn't be there. Clearly, you only gain 1 level of EXP (100 points), not an automatic raise to level 20/20, which is what the percent symbol might lead some people to believe...

An automatic rise to Level 20/20? Is that really the conclusion some people reach when reading it? o__o

I mean, most people should have realised the max exp you can ever gain is 100. So 100% would signify that you gain the max amount of exp, which would be 100 points. I suppose I can label it slightly differently though.

If the percentage sign weren't there, it wouldn't show that you'd gain a Level Up even when promoted (I suppose 200 or 255 could work).

Edited by VincentASM

An automatic rise to Level 20/20? Is that really the conclusion some people reach when reading it? o__o

I mean, most people should have realised the max exp you can ever gain is 100. So 100% would signify that you gain the max amount of exp, which would be 100 points. I suppose I can label it slightly differently though.

If the percentage sign weren't there, it wouldn't show that you'd gain a Level Up even when promoted (I suppose 200 or 255 could work).

Well, FE9 and FE10 are such that you ALWAYS get that fixed amount of EXP whenever the staff is used, and it doesn't take level of the user or promoted/unpromoted into account like, say FE11 does. A level 20/19 staff user who uses Fortify still gets the same 60 EXP that a level 20/1 staff user would get. Because of this fact, there really is no reason to use 100% over 100 EXP, since you would get the same amount (100) in any case, and it avoids possible confusion that might arise.

I never paid attention to FE9 staff gain much, especially once they've promoted, same deal for FE10 (which I haven't properly played yet).

I'm still reluctant to remove the % sign, since it's technically not a fixed amount of exp. Due to the way the game handles staff exp, I'm very sure those staves give infinite exp. Although since gained exp caps at 100, 100 exp is the most you'll ever gain. However, if it effectively works as 100 exp in every case, then I suppose I could drop it.

Actually, does giving Blossom to a staff wielder in FE10 reduce their staff exp gain?

I never paid attention to FE9 staff gain much, especially once they've promoted, same deal for FE10 (which I haven't properly played yet).

I'm still reluctant to remove the % sign, since it's technically not a fixed amount of exp. Due to the way the game handles staff exp, I'm very sure those staves give infinite exp. Although since gained exp caps at 100, 100 exp is the most you'll ever gain. However, if it effectively works as 100 exp in every case, then I suppose I could drop it.

Actually, does giving Blossom to a staff wielder in FE10 reduce their staff exp gain?

In FE9 and FE10, it IS a fixed amount of EXP, unless blossom affects EXP gains. That's the point I'm trying to make is that the SEXP gain is a fixed AMOUNT regardless of other parameters like level. I'm not sure about blossom though. If I have a suitable file to check, it would still not be until Friday at the earliest when I have access to my Wii and games though.

Oh, and while I'm here:

I was thinking the same, but it could be my bad memories of the videogame music topic where they got spammed...

Sorry about that... Yeah, I was the guy who started that topic... I didn't realize it was that bad for the site... :(

Edited by Lord Ratatosk

in the FE5 class introduction page, the social knight and lance knight images are in the wrong spots. (social is in the lance spot and vice versa)

Been through another round of mistake-fixing. Thanks again to everybody who pointed stuff out ^^

Still to look up:

• Sephiran's stats
  • Characters/classes immune against Assassinate (FE7/8)
  • FE10 EM BEXP formula
  • Promoted enemy count for Harken/Karel recruitment
  • FE9 Partner/Other Phase themes
  • FE10 Blossom affecting staff exp gain

Been through another round of mistake-fixing. Thanks again to everybody who pointed stuff out ^^

Still to look up:

• My guess is that only the Dragon is immune (character, not class)
  • 4, I think.
  • Don't they just use a regular theme?
  • It doesn't, IIRC

Still to look up:

• Sephiran's stats
  • FE10 EM BEXP formula

I had Interceptor test blossom and he says that blossom cuts all staff exp gains in fe10 in half. So, for example, someone using Mend would get 6 exp rather than 12.

Also, he says that the Ashera staff actually gives only 10 exp rather than 100. Says he's in 4-E-5 right now, passed the staff from Lehran to Micaiah, and she got 5 exp with blossom and 10 exp without blossom.