Angelic Devotion Chat

Kanami

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Nations

I should note that a flag denotes a nation. (7 Nations at the moment) The others are regions within the kingdom.

I will admit that the RP is unlikely to visit each prefecture. However that doesn't concern me. In regards to visiting all nations. However due to the RP's theme being one of politics and war (and religion). All nations will likely have some role to play.

Eg: We may never visit Garius & Izuna. But that can be remedied, with Izuna invading Granford. Other nations like Rakuta and Menolka may just get wiped out over the course of the RP.

Therefore:

@Phoenix

Nations with the (exception of Rakuta) will be mentioned, referenced and most likely play a major role for a few chapters. While it depends on the RP'ers. This layout makes it possible for a "conquer the land" scenario where the group alligns itself with one force and invades the other kingdoms. As for Kingdom numbers, I acknowledge I am contradicting my policy on a small number of interesting nations. However the numbers aren't too different from your RP plan which utilizes two non-human kingdoms, three human kingdoms, a divine race. (6) Against the seven I have.

@Dark Sage

As said above, there's seven. (At present) The difference between one (Eg Crestia and Levaus) being Levaus is poorer and colder.

Edited by Kanami

I'm actually getting alot of comments like that, I've discussed this with three people, one wanted a German nation, another wanted a Norwegian nation, and now a Russian one. My question to you regarding that is; "What is a Russian Nation?" (province)

Are you asking to emulate Russia's history? (Lenin-era to Stalin era) Adopting a Soviet-ish political system for the nation? Or simply just applying Russian names? As the map clearly shows, the three nations which remain "Incomplete" are the main nations in the plot. And while I've got plot ideas for each nation. A clear nation structure hasn't been established yet. So I'm open to changing names, and adding in ideas. It's just very confusing when someone says "I want a Papua New Guinea-ish nation" What? You want a poor island nation? XD

Edited by Kanami

Was a joke, but I'd probably be more for it if I join up. I like having Russian-esque characters(though there will likely be only one this time around which makes the whole thing a moot point), but it's more fun when they have a place of origin which is why I brought that up.

As for what to implement, history isn't at all necessary unless they related directly to stereotypical tendencies. More or less a Russian-esque nation would simply have things of the culture and/or language(language meaning more for naming things rather than having an actual language Eg: A person from this place would probably be named Petrov instead of Nicholas).

more like a militarized land annexing super nation XD

@Phoenix

I'll keep it in mind, For some reason Lev I connect Russian with wyvern now <_<

@General

I've come across a conundrum XD I was originally intending to eliminate "EXP" completely since it's a pain to keep track of. However if "Level ups" were based on RP'ing and voting, opposed to actual combat kills, it'd make RP combat obsolete >_< I guess it's impossible to cure the "EXP hogging fool" without removing EXP and levels altogether. :/

Hmmm, I'm going to try and get the other 3 kingdoms finalized within the next 12 hours. But that's only if I work out this blasted Stats system XD *Is tempted to just rip the stats system from LoAF and modify it*

EDIT: At present I'm contemplating scrapping stats altogether, at least initially, since I think it's more important for people to get to know the world and the other characters before worrying about stats. That and I've rushed head first into a brick wall XD

Edited by Kanami

*yawn* kk, read what you have up, not gonna lie, glad to see the experience thing gone and the stats scrapped for the moment, if characters are going to get stronger it should be as a result of dedicated training, not because of a popularity contest (no offense to your idea).

Tentatively in.

Question: What are the grey areas on the map? Neutral territories?

As for the real world counterpart thing, that's probably mostly just to add culture to an area. You have a lot of details on the history of the nations, but it seems hard to imagine what an "average" Crestian/Rakutan/whatever is like. Since we're all too lazy to make up our own culture, we just take Russia/France whatever and tweak it slightly to fit the setting. The nation does not necessarily have the same history/political system (though it may be similar, since history and politics are dependent on culture anyway and vice versa).

Looks interesting.

I find accents somewhat unecessary, but characters should have a cultural identity of some sort. Not all characters should be a sterotypical fantasy version of a real life nation, but it should seem like they come from somewhere, if that makes any sense.

@Purg

To be honest, reading SQ chat is making me more and more hostile against stats XD Though I'm not sure what you mean be dedicated training? Saying "Andy trained with Bob" or "Bob sparred with Cindy" in text really doesn't mean much. Or are you talking about the level of skill displayed as a writer? (Writing training? Sounds like somewhere my parents wanted to send me to years ago)

@Cynthia

Grey areas are generally areas which aren't suitable for human establishment. I've mentioned Velmaya and Savarda in the text above but the other

The Heims: Mountain regions. Said to be impassible by foot. Snowy mountains.

Ayreh: Another mountain region.

Malerna: Swamp region which emits toxic fumes

Savarda: Desert region

Velmaya: Pegasus forest.

Characters can pass through some of them, but it's pretty much territory which can't be claimed. Places like Heims and Malerna really shouldn't be entered without some sort of solution to the problems though.

~~~Cultures

I've sort of done that with Izuna, I'm just not very familiar with other countries in the world. I mean do I put a burger shop around every corner to make the US? Sorry, jk I've noticed it's a running idea with LoAF where all the nations have references to LasVegas, Rome, France etcetc. But I really didn't get the feeling that Elysimma was like what Vegas is typically portrayed to be. I don't know about Jerdon and Septimus, but what defines them is really beyond me. I'll look into it since it seems like a major importance for some.

I wouldn't mind doing an RP without stats actually, if only to not having to worry about cheaters constantly (DAMN YOU PSYCH).

But I also like stats.

In other words, either way if fine with me.

Edited by Dark Sage

I think it's weird to have a world that's supposed to be an entirely separate reality, yet still has a lot of similarities to our own, for no particular reason. If it truly were a unique world of its own, then it would have entirely separate and unique cultures as well, correct?

I meant dedicated training on the character's part, yeah. Same thing as everything else, if you're just going to write about the act of the training, yeah, it'll be pretty boring, so you can write about other things while you do it. I dunno if anyone else does it, but it's what I do while I work - think about what's going on in life, stuff like that - so I don't see why characters (who should ultimately be realistic enough to be people as well) would do the same thing.

Dude, really? Let it go. >_>

But this does seem cool, and I'd certain like to see how Kanami functions better as a GM then Snowy. I'd be in. Regardless of stats. I'd just think classes would be good to have, if only to help label things.

I like labels.

Okay, after reading about cultures, I've decided to apply Real-world nations to some, and come up with originals for others. I'm not too fussed about specific cultures since if you want to carry out an event. (Say a husband beating his wife) it can occur anywhere, regardless of if the country worships their women. And I don't want to take away the creativeness of others by forcefully filling in everything with my stale creativity XD However I acknowledge that "Do whatever you want" seldom works Unless you have an elite group of "story writers" so I'll try to fill in a bit more about each nation. This information will not be combined with "The World" but form it's own section beneath it.

@Psych

If you're wondering if I'll put my foot down and prevent crappy plots from progressing, then yes, I will:P

@Avatar/name

I don't mind the Avatars so much, but I was looking at this thread wondering who on earth Yoshmitsu was :/ I swear you've bribed the Admins here to change your name more then the allowed amount XD

@Stats

I've come to the conclusion that stats in the LoAF form are unneccessary and will most likely be scrapped permanently. However I'm entertaining the idea of stat indicators. SQ'ers I'm not so worried about, but I really don't trust some of the LoAFers to be decent with their characters abilities. (Eg A character who is as fast as a horse, stealthy as a ninja, as strong as a bear and can fly <_<)

Several traits will be provided (Strength, Skill, Dexterity, Stealth, Charisma, etcetc) and character will be asked to allocate a certain number of points to the entire list with 2 being average and 5 being Excellent. :/ Thoughts?

Edited by Kanami