Fire Emblem TS

Kiriane

All credit to tata2007 and none to me.

http://bbs.emu-zone.org/newbbs/thread-585149-1-1.html

http://bbs.fireemblem.net/read.php?tid=201477&fpage=2

Quick summary: this is known as the TS edition of Seisen no Keifu. It's translated into Chinese, but the IPS file is for the Japanese ROM. It is basically complete, but still being updated with minor tweaks.

Changes:

The ROM has been expanded to 6M, to provide space for all the stuff that was added. As such, it will not work with zsnes. Try Snes9x.

Added items.

Added skills.

Added and edited classes.

Added branched promotions.

Changed calculations.

Various other "improvements". Enemies have luck and skills, for instance.

I don't know how to get the patch from there, though. Probably something to do with not having an account. Anyone want to try?

EDIT: added the ChinaFE forum link. I can not get the patch to download from the site given, though.

Also translated the first part of the readme. See below.

EDIT2: translated more of the readme. Some parts don't translate well, especially item names.

--

This ROM can be said to be an "improved" version of the original. Before you start playing for the first time, it is suggested that you carefully read the explanations below, which may clarify some things you were wondering about. If you still have any questions or suggestions, please go to the original thread (which isn't here, by the way) to ask the author. Please do not use PMs, thank you. If you are asking a question or requesting help, please give us some context, or it will be difficult to reply. The various [modifications &etc that went into making this patch are not very organised], so please do not just ask for all these materials, it will make things difficult for me. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Before playing this game, please read the suggestions below:

1. If you have not even played the original version, I would suggest that you first play it through in earnest, and then come back to the ts version. Otherwise it will be difficult for you to feel the wonder of this version, neither can you comprehend the magnitude of the changes.

2. If you only like to play the original version, and can not accept any changes made to it, then this is not somewhere which you should be. Please leave of your own accord before you get angry and start spouting off; this is a good thing for everybody. Do not blame me for telling you this, because such incidents have already happened in the past, even to the extent of attacking another person.

3. As for [your opinions on issues such as game balance], I wish that everybody would play through once in earnest before posting them. This will allow them to have greater cohesion and reason, and the author will also find them easier to accept. Of course, for those obvious bugs, please do not refrain on my account, but eagerly point them out.

4. This readme is not for decoration. Please read it before playing the game for the first time, and many frequently asked questions will be resolved for you. Why wouldn't you be happy about that?

Take note of these things:

1. Since this ROM is very different in size from the original, please use only the accepted [editing program], and do not just use any other editor or patch.

2. Since the storage areas of this ROM have been changed, when you start playing, please delete (or remove from directory, or whatever floats your boat) all other save files (including the .srm and the savestates). Then start a new game from the beginning. Please do not use save files from another game, it might cause all sorts of unknown problems.

3. I strongly encourage you not to obtain substitute characters! Firstly the second generation is very difficult, and the substitutes' strength is very obviously less than the children characters'. Secondly, some of the important items in the first generation must be passed down, as they can not be obtained in the second generation. Thirdly, the powerful skills of first generation characters can only be passed down if they have children, while the substitutes have essentially no personal skills.

Emulation:

1. I strongly encourage you to use uosnesw 2005 or snes9xw 1.4 and above on the PC, the results are very good. For phones, PSPs or other such gadgets, don't bother even hoping to play this patch.

2. For other emulators, see the other .txt file attached, which is the FAQ.

VERY IMPORTANT PLEASE READ:

This [ROM/patch] is made by tata2007, who in the process of making it, [used] several Japanese editions (FE4 RM, etc), as well as some of those resources. The author would like to express (his/her) thanks. The game is made by Nintendo Japan, and the Chinese translation by the people of ChinaFE. This [ROM/patch] can be distributed at will, but please do not do so commercially. If you would like to use resources from this ROM, please give credit to the TS version when you release your patch. Please keep this paragraph when you are redistributing [the patch]. Thank you for your cooperation.

Special thanks to:

(okay, I can not translate this part...they're the ones in pink, you should be able to tell.)

-----

List of major changes.

1. increase in file size

- The ROM has been expanded to 6M, in order to provide enough space for all the new content;

- Many [parameters] in the game have been increased, and you may play with them also as you wish; (I am not sure what exactly that translates into. Sorry.)

- There is the possibility of adding extra classes and items, since space was left in the lists for them (20+ classes, 40+ weapons)

2. Capabilities of the characters

- Enemy [stats] have been increased across the board, most noticeably for the bosses in the second generation;

- Player [stats] and skills have been adjusted;

- Removed the limitations on many of the player personal skills. For example, Celice can use [sorry, this part doesn't translate easily for me];

Lots of little changes have been made. It is best that you play the game and experience them for yourself.

3. Items

- Added a host of new items:

Killer (sword/lance/axe)

Master (sword/lance/axe)

Dark (sword/lance/axe) - ignores defense

Lopt sword/[magic?]

[direct translation: sun flame], Daim Thunder (Tron?), Tornado - ignores defense

Hero (fire/thunder/wind)

Blagi sword - effective on armours and dark mages, negates Lopt power

[dark killing sword] - extremely high crit rate

Rapier

Beo sword - attacks twice, ignores defense, [Ambush]

Dragon (lance/axe) - [effective on fliers and swordsmen?]

[anti-magic spear] - effective on mages (I think.)

Warrior axe - attacks twice

Hammer - effective on mounted units and armours

Longbow - range 2-3

[fierce attack bow] - effective on mages and swordsmen, not effective on fliers

[doesn't translate at all] - attack 4 times

Lunar bow - ignores defense

[doesn't translate well] bow - essentially the same as a rapier, but it's a bow, not effective on flyers

[death god] - ignores defense

(Meteor/Luna/Solar/Nihil) book - gives unit the skill (I think these work like the stat rings)

[light's protection] - stops enemy criticals, unit immune to silence/sleep/berserk

Narga's protection - negates Lopt

- Item [permissions] changed:

Lopt (sword/magic), Dark (sword/lance/axe), [the untranslatable], [sun flame], Tornado - enemy only

Daim Thunder (Tron?) - Tordo required, enemy units not under that restriction

Blagi sword - holy blood required

Beo sword - Beowulf and children

Balmung - Shanan only

Lunar bow - holy blood required, enemy units not restricted

Hel/[Fenrir] - dark mages/dark sage only

[death god] - Manfroy and [Mulligan] only

- Tidied up Broken items, leaving one of each type, in order to get more space

- Apart from Valkyrie staff, each * weapon can not be passed down, unless it is broken. Note: the Balmung is obtained through [a scene], Mistoltin and Gae Bolg come with the character. Therefore they are not affected by this rule, so in reality the only items that can not be passed down are Tyrfing, Ichival, and Holsety, which you can obtain (again) in the later chapters;

- Many weapons with special effectiveness now have multiple effectiveness, to increase their practical value;

- Removed the movement limitations on long-distance weapons;

- Pursuit ring changed to Continue ring, Knight Killer changed to (rapier-like) Lance;

- Sleep staff changed name to [entrancement] staff, likewise Sleep sword;

- [light's protection] stops all enemy criticals, also negating their Wrath and [???skill];

- Prayer sword has effectiveness on [???];

- Blizzard causes sleep, [frost demon?] causes [entrancement];

- Weapons with effects have (60-MDF)% activation rate;

- Lopt weapon effects changed to (1/4 damage); (I believe it was previously 1/2)

- Valkyrie effect changed: use on map, range 15, heals all player units to full health and cures status effects;

- Valkyrie adds +10 MGC/[?]/MDF;

- Weapon critical rates can be changed; (presumably with an editor)

- Weapon +stat can be changed, including luck, but generic soldiers will not enjoy the benefits of increased luck;

- Includes fe4_patch edits to range, so that ranges of 1-15 can be shown;

- Added a weapon level, so that there is now a D weapon level;

- Added a Re-movement (dancer) staff, with the effect that a unit which has moved that turn may move again. As for balance considerations, we could not get it to balance, but the data is stored in the ROM anyway. If you are enthusiastic about this thing, you can get one by hacking/self-editing;

4. Jobs

- Some of the jobs have had their weaon capabilities increased. For example, hero(?) can use axes, Lord Knight can use swords/lances/axes/bows etc;

- Added some real and map animations for some classes, go to the game to see them;

- Finished the hero's battle map-animation. In the past, we had to sacrifice other map animations to get the axe animation, but now we can finally have both;

- Changed the appearance of some classes;

- Added a few new classes: Holy Cross Knight (M), Holy Mage Knight (M), Battle Goddess (F), Axe Hero (M), Steel Knight;

- Armours have other benefits, among which unpromoted ones have def+5, promoted have def+10;

- Emperors do not fall under the category of Armours;

- Characters can promote to multiple classes, using the X, Y and R buttons to choose. These characters include: Midir, Jamuka, Ardan, Aideen, Azel, Oifaye, Rana, Lester, Faval, Johan, Johalva, Corple, Sharlowe, Hannibal;

- Job change level has been lowered to 18;

- Every job has the ability to critical, at the moment we have: hero/bandit +5, forrest knight/?? +10, swordmaster/axe hero +20;

5. Calculations and skills

- Attack speed formula changed to AS = spd - [weapon weight - (str or magic)/2], lower limit 0;

- As long as they fulfill the criteria, any unit can activate Pursuit and Critical;

- If the character has Pursuit, their AS must be higher than the opponent's to activate it; otherwise the AS difference must be at least 4 to activate Pursuit;

- If the character has Critical skill, he gets +30 to critical;

- Special effects and criticals are separated;

- When activating special effects, atk +25, hit +30;

- If the character suffers from Sleep status, his personal avoid is negated in battle, and the Prayer and Protect skills do not activate. In short, he loses all of the avoid he normally would have;

- Personal critical chance = (skl/2 + weapon crit + weapon kill count/4 + job crit) %;

- Critical chance in battle = (personal crit chance - enemy luck) %;

- When Critical activates, damage x3;

- Nihil does not negate criticals and special effects;

- Nihil does negate these skills: Wrath, Meteor, Sol, Luna, Light, Darkness, Life steal, Hard attack

- 2 round/4 round weapons can all activate Continue;

- Continue activation rate = spd+10 %;

- Charge activation rate = spd+20 %, if HP<25 then it does not activate;

- Ambush activation has been changed: attack first in all circumstances;

- Wrath effect: if HP before the battle is less than half, personal crit chance=130%. Note: weapons with minimum range of 3 or more can not activate Wrath;

- Greatshield(?) activation rate = MaxHP/2 %, after activation, damage received -20, before calculating criticals. Note: this reduction does not apply to weapons that bypass defense;

- Prayer effect changed: when HP<21, every -1 HP adds 5 points of avoid;

- Meteor, Sol, Luna, Light, Darkness can be activated on all kinds of weapons;

- (something about the three 542 sword skills changed to type_c);

- Light activation: 1st Sol, 2nd Luna, activation rate = skl %;

- Darkness changed to 15 atk/def, activation rate = skl %;

- Meteor attacks 4 times, activation rate = spd %. If holding a double-attack weapon, there will be 8 attacks;

- Luna halves the opponent's defense, on activation;

- When Sol or Luna activates, the opponent's Greatshield cannot;

- The real-animation of Darkness has been changed to (face outwards);

- Added a new skill [Life steal], as follows:

1. Only calculated on a critical attack;

2. If the opponent has Nihil, no activation;

3. If the character has Sol, Luna, Light or Darkness, Life steal will never activate;

4. Only (physical weapons) will activate it;

5. If weapon has any other effects (other than double-attack), Life steal will never activate;

6. On a critical attack, the activation rate is 50%;

7. On activation, there will be purple lights; (woop. purple. =D)

8. Does not care about opponent's Greatshield, Protect or any damage-reducing skills;

9. The opponent's HP goes to 0.

- Added a new skill [Hard attack], as follows:

1. Only calculated when the character hits the opponent; (that is, does not miss)

2. If the opponent has Nihil, no activation;

3. Lower priority than Sol, Luna, Light, and will not activate if they do;

4. If the weapon has any other effects (except double-attack and female-only), no activation;

5. If the opponent is already asleep, no activation;

6. If these conditions are met, activation rate = (30 + luck - opponent's luck) %, not including any +luck on the weapon;

7. On activation, there will be yellow lights;

8. Causes the opponent to fall asleep for 3 turns.

- Added a new skill [Must hit], as follows:

1. Not affected by Nihil;

2. Lower priority than Sol, Luna and Light, and will not activate if they do;

3. If the weapon has any other effects (except double-attack and female-only), no activation;

4. Activation rate = spd %;

5. On activation, there will be white lights;

6. It forces a hit. (well, duh.)

- Added a new skill [Protect], as follows:

1. Before the battle, when HP is at most half of maxHP, it must activate;

2. After activation, damage taken is halved, and opponent's hit rate is halved;

3. The damage-halving effect is calculated before criticals are;

4. If Greatshield is activated at the same time, its effect (damage -20) is calculated before the halving of damage;

5. The damage-halving effect is ignored by any weapon which ignores defense;

6. if the character is under Sleep status, the -hit part of the skill is not taken into account.

- Added a new skill [brave], as follows:

1. If the equipped weapon has special effectiveness, no activation;

2. Must activate if HP before the battle is less than half of maxHP;

3. On activation, atk +10, hit is increased (several times);

4. "special effectiveness weapons" include the following: all holy weapons, Dark weapons, Lopt weapons, Hel, (Volcannon), Tron, Blizzard;

6. Everything else

- Generic soldiers also have skills and luck;

- Changed the character page layout, adding attack speed and critical chance;

- When stats reach their caps, they will change to green;

- Stats added by weapons are shown in yellow;

- Character page can show up to 16 skills;

- Including skills bestowed by weapons;

- Leadership stars more than 5 can be shown;

- Effect of leadership has been changed to +8% hit/avoid per star, max 10 stars;

- Leadership bonuses are effective past 3 spaces, but with half the effect;

- Characters under Silence effect are unable to use any weapons or staves;

- Changed the real-animations for both sides, to display CRT instead of LEV;

- Prevented the second-generation characters' growth rates and base stats from overflowing, which I am sure will be useful to many players;

- Holy blood has been moved around;

- Bug fixed with respect to the Arena in the fe4_patch;

- Prevented use of weapons with minimum range of 3 or more in the Arena;

- Max gold has been changed to 60000;

- Certain enemies/NPCs have their names in green on the character page, which indicates that they are not affected by special effects and cannot be silenced/sleep/berserked;

- Enemies may use * level weapons, but with half the added stats;

- Changed the chapter 4 Sylvia village event, to avoid the glitch in the original;

- When sibling critical activates, hit +20;

- When lover critical activates, crit +30;

- Triangle attack: hit +30, crit +60;

- Other than the opponents, the player army can also activate Triangle attacks: in the first generation we have Sigurd/Alec/Noish, and in the second Leaf/Nanna/Fin;

- Added a few custom animations/palettes for player characters and important bosses;

- Played with the AI, causing enemies to be able to use Silence against the player;

- In the original, Laylea could get the Barrier sword from a village, but here it has been changed to Dimna acquiring Meteor manual;

- In chapters 8 and 9, when Altenna leads the enemy forces, the player will always do 0 damage on attacks, thereby preventing her from dying. After she joins the team, this will no longer be in effect.

Edited by Kiriane

because how did we miss this before?

Actually, you have a strong point there. The Will of Good and Evil hack by ChinaFE members was very popular in the English community. Meanwhile, the hacks of FE4 and 5 by Japanese hackers were a very recent craze. Put two and two together and...

Actually, I think the real reason is the lack of connections with the Chinese community. Back in the past, we had people like gamersara and TerranigmaFreak around who posted stuff from ChinaFE or elsewhere. Nowadays, I think it's just me (and I'm not really involved with hacks these days).

Wasn't there a TS hack of FE5 as well? I can't really remember ^^;;;

There indeed is. It's actually also linked from the ChinaFE thread above: http://bbs.emu-zone.org/newbbs/thread-558913-1-1.html

They let you take both Cyas and Sety. And there's one picture which shows him with a Falaflame. But then they raised enemy boss leadership stars: generally 5-stars in the earlier chapters, and 10+ in the later chapters.

Stat caps are raised to (class base + 20), except for luck and build which remain at 30. Some new skills are added.

Sun sword activates with +10% chance when at less than half HP, with a maximum of 50% activation.

Interface display "LEV" changed to "CRT".

The chapter 14 ballistae can hit the people in your starting zone. =o

Just a small selection of the changes in FE5 TS. No, I don't know what TS stands for.

• 5 weeks later...

Finished translating the readme. I suggest looking at sections 5 and 6 in particular. They fixed the Sylvia village glitch!

I also managed to get the game. Second link on the first post, first link on that post, enable javascript, look in the TS section for the one that doesn't say 776.

Should I post pictures?

Actually, I think the real reason is the lack of connections with the Chinese community. Back in the past, we had people like gamersara and TerranigmaFreak around who posted stuff from ChinaFE or elsewhere. Nowadays, I think it's just me (and I'm not really involved with hacks these days).

gamersara, I haven't seen that name in a while. It seemed like a good chunk of scans from the soon-to-be-released Fire Emblems always came from her--or at least she floated around them when they were talked about XD

Sounds interesting, I might give it a try sometime soon.

EDIT: Oh my. Those little touches in the menu can make things feel so much cooler XD

EDIT2: HOLY SHIT 16 SKILLS ON SIGURD

So FE4TS专用修改器v023 is the right file, yes?

Edited by Celice

It says FE4TS, but no. That's the editor. You're looking for 火炎之纹章-圣战系谱TS改造版v0.37d.

Well you can try using the editor, just for fun, anyway. =p

Sigurd doesn't really have 16 skills if you're playing. I think he has 2. That picture...would be just to show where the skill icons go. (He's good anyway.)

Well so far, the first chapter seems a lot easier, where the enemy seems a bit more inaccurate and also weaker. Alec's sword skill put a couple Brigands to sleep, which was actually useful. Noische's critical is still pretty high, like all his weapons were killer weapons (in battles, seeing critical instead of level is so much more useful).

While I can read a bit of Japanese, I'm completely useless of Chinese (no kanji interest for me!). This is gonna make figuring out this plethora of skills a little more fun XD

EDIT: Halfway through Chapter 2, and this really feels a lot better than the original. It's not a new game, but it's like the first game bloomed into its full realization--the characters all feel individual and useful, in terms of gameplay, and enemies and events have been changed up to also make the player keep on their toes--and your castle actually can be taken pretty easily if you're not careful. That Return Staff so far is a lot more useful than just for prepping up experience! I'd suggest if you're a fan of the game, and haven't burned yourself out on other hacks, you should try this. It's really pretty well done.

Edited by Celice

If you'd like. A lot of (fire emblem) fans are afraid of any language that's not their native own, and end up shunning what's otherwise a fun game. Any little bit might help, for English-reading fans, at least.

Is there any trick to the Silence Staff now? I'm guessing it takes into account stats, or something to that effect, because Diedre couldn't use the staff on that Lopto Mage at the end of Chapter 1 ._.

This is the support come from china. You can ask any question or give any suggestion about FE4ts.

FE4ts download: http://www.freedrive.com/file/1403106

FE4ts editer download: http://www.freedrive.com/file/1403111

Chinese version only so far.

NO trick to the silence staff. The magic defend of Lopto Mage is raised higher than Diedre's magic attack so she cant silence him.

Heh, yes. I did a double-take when I saw the file extension.

I don't have a hidden events list. Quite sure they only messed with the Laylea one though...Celice, is that your impression so far?

Heh, yes. I did a double-take when I saw the file extension.

I don't have a hidden events list. Quite sure they only messed with the Laylea one though...Celice, is that your impression so far?

I haven't played past Chapter 2 yet, but so far, the events are in the same locations--but they're not completely the same. I'm loving this hack though so far--and it's incredibly useful that foot units can climb up cliffsides XD I'm gonna guess any events for the substitute characters haven't been messed with either.

Please make mirror blood characters can use holy weapon again like in screenshot . Also could you make a list of all hidden event like the one with Shanam ?

tata2007 want the characters are more balanced so he cancelled this setting. You can modify the room yourself if u really want it.

there is no hidden event. Change the old ones only.

Can anyone give a English version list of names skills and items?

tata2007 want the characters are more balanced so he cancelled this setting. You can modify the room yourself if u really want it.

there is no hidden event. Change the old ones only.

Can anyone give a English version list of names skills and items?

the problem is i don't know which address to modify :D , do you have a tutorial or a patch somewhere ?

the problem is i don't know which address to modify :D , do you have a tutorial or a patch somewhere ?

Change the address 5f080 - 5f0e0 to FF. It will cancel all the weapon use limit.

Thank you very much . This patch is awesome .

I think tata2007 should change the Ambush skill , Ambush + Warth + Brave + Luna Scroll/Weapon combo is too broken . If you pair Lex x Tiltyu , you'll have 3 characters in second gen have that combo .

Change the address 5f080 - 5f0e0 to FF. It will cancel all the weapon use limit.

Try this but black screen .

The adress should be 5f0e0-5f13f, change all data here to FF. And all use limits of weapon can be cancelled.

tata2007 told me.

It only effects non holy weapons :( , mirror blood characters still can't use holy weapons .

Edited by Edward