Unicycle Mafia - Pretty Unpleasant Guys win

General Spoon

Game concept, and game name, shamelessly ripped from Mekkah. Most of the ruleset was as well.

Unicycle Rules

1. In this game, there are no Day or Night phases. There's only Cycles, which are essentially Days and Nights packed into one. That's why it's called Unicycle.

2. Because of this, there will be a lynch going on during the execution of Night roles, making the game rather fast paced.

3. For most roles, the actual execution of their roles will happen after their target is lynched. In other words, the lynch has higher priority than most roles. There may be exceptions. If your role is an exception to this, it may be stated in your Role PM. If it isn't, you can assume it has lower priority (priority is when an action takes place relative to other actions).

4. Each Cycle lasts 48 hours, unless noted otherwise. I might extend deadlines if I notice it's going too fast (please notify me if you think this is the case - the more opinions the better). A Cycle will only end early if all required PMs are in AND there is a majority on who to lynch (and if I'm around). Don't ask about if majority has been reached.

5. Because of the unusually high amount of things to progress at every update, they might take longer than usual to do. So please don't bother me during updates.

6. Cycle 1 will not have deaths. However, during Cycle 1, everyone's vote is defaulted to "No lynch" unless it is changed. Reasoning behind this is the large lack of info during the first Cycle. If you want to lynch someone during Cycle 1, you're going to need to convince a lot of people.

Standard Mafia Rules

Now that the unusual stuff is out of the way, it's time for other rules rules. They are heavily modified because of how different Unicycle is, so please pay close attention.

1. Whilst you are alive you can talk to anyone about the game. Once you are dead you cannot talk to anyone about the game, unless you are mafia and on the same team, in which case you may talk with members of your team only, and only for strategy purposes. Knowledge acquired after death cannot be transferred from a dead player to a living player. If you are not playing, the same rules apply as if you were dead.

2. Every user has a role PM. Role PMs may not be shown to other users on Cycle 1 (except to a mafia team mate), but starting from Cycle 2 onwards they may be freely distributed. Screenshotting of all forms is banned. If anyone finds a person encouraging others to take screenshots or taking screenshots and showing other people, please be sure to report it.

3. You can paste things told to you by the host. You may fake logs. Do not take pasting of a host conversation as definite proof, these can be faked. If you want to fake a log, feel free to PM one of the hosts for assistance. Impersonation of a host or another user however, is banned at all points. Please do not attempt to impersonate in any way.

4. You may vote to lynch users during each Cycle by posting "lynch/vote/lynching/voting [user]" in bold, or "No lynch" if you don't want to lynch anyone (I won't be bothered about the syntax but don't be outrageous about it), and if you change your vote, you MUST edit the bolded text out of the old post if you post with a new vote. If there is a tie at deadline, there will be no lynch.

5. If you have a night role, you have to let me know what you are going to do with it before deadline. You can either do this by sending a PM to General Spoon on the Serenes Forest forums stating "Cycle X - [Action here]", or contacting me via IRC to tell me your target. If you do not wish to use your night role, send a PM entitled "Cycle X - idling" or tell General Spoon on IRC. This makes keeping track of things easier and informs me that you're still playing the game. Any action that does not reach General Spoon in time will be assumed to idle, and it's your responsibility to make sure that won't happen. If you have multiple actions during a Cycle, please put them all in one PM.

6. Priorities have been decided beforehand and will not be revealed.

7. This game will not have items. Don't claim to be a thief!

8. Only sign up if you know you're going to be at least fairly active. If I notice that you seem to be idle, I reserve the right to have you forcefully subbed out if necessary. I'll most likely nudge first, though.

9. Be careful who you trust. I'm not going to give a real reason as to why, but everyone would do well to be more cautious than normal.

10. If a role PM contradicts the rules, the role PM takes priority. So if the rules tell you you are not allowed to claim Batman, but your role PM says you are allowed to claim Batman, you should follow your role PM.

11. Inspection results are guaranteed to be accurate. This trumps rule 10, meaning that there are no moles.

12. All win conditions are eliminating the other factions.

13. If you make any spreadsheets to keep track of the game, please share them with me. Additionally, please notify me of any private channels you create and invite me to any PMs you make. That said, Googledocs is a wonderful way to keep track of what needs to be kept track of, because of the ease of editing and sharing them. This post illustrates spreadsheets quite nicely.

14. You may find it helpful to read this Smog article to get an idea of what the village leader system I expect to be used is.

15. Please read this sticky. It explains how to get started using IRC, which will be the main form of communication in this game, simply because of how efficient it is. I have created a channel for everybody to use, and it is on the same server that is given in the sticky. The channel name is #townsquare

16. Mafia factions get their own private channels. If the village leader (or anybody I guess, I just say this so I don't have everybody and their mom bugging me) would like to request a private channel because they don't know how to make one, I will make one for you.

17. I may remove some information from the PMs of dead players when they are revealed to everybody. If I do so, you will know because there will be a "<snip>" there. An example of what I would use this for is to remove the identity of a mason from a role PM.

18. I don't mind being told what's going on every now and again. It makes for a more interesting postgame than "I think this person did something."

19. There may be spelling errors etc in a player's role PM. Do not take this to mean that it is a fake, as I am only human and can make mistakes.

You find yourself in a small Romanian village. The crops have failed this year, and villagers will surely starve this winter. Being Romanian villagers they found and burned a witch who lived in the nearby forest. This made the Witch's Council pretty upset, so they hired the Antagonistic Individuals (mafia faction) to kill everybody in the town.

Because the dumbshit villagers hadn't pissed off enough supernatural entities already, they went out and tried to stab a vampire with a stake. When this failed it made him mad, so he sent his Pretty Unpleasant Guys (mafia faction) to raze the town and everyone in it to the ground. Unfortunately for the Antagonistic Individuals and the Pretty Unpleasant Guys, they didn't get the memo and believe they need to eliminate each other as well as the now Terrified Locals (town).

Now, whose side will you choose?

Living Players

WoMC Ether

Reinfleche

Flint Echo Holmes Kay

eclipse

Kaoz

Kevin

Dead

Swordmaster - Bear Grylls - Terrified Locals (Cycle 1)

13thshadow - Yahtzee Croshaw - Terrified Locals (Cycle 2)

Radiant Dragon - Tom - Antagonistic Individuals (Cycle 2)

Survivor - Princess Vespa - Terrified Locals (Cycle 3)

Haze - Princess Leia - Terrified Locals (Cycle 3)

Strawman the SawmanShaman - Slippy Toad - Terrified Locals (Cycle 4)

Frivolidad - Johnathon Harker - Terrified Locals (Cycle 4)

SlayerX - Fezzik - Terrified Locals (Cycle 4)

Obviam - Wojtek - Pretty Unpleasant Guys (Cycle 5)

JBCWK - Commander Kahn - Terrified Locals (Cycle 5)

Anouleth - Macha - Terrified Locals (Cycle 5)

Balcerzak - Theodore Roosevelt - Terrified Locals (Cycle 5)

Snike Gaius Frakkin' Baltar - Michael Bay - Antagonistic Individuals (Cycle 5)

Substitutes

Edited by General Spoon

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roles are being distributed. They may or may not be what you'd call obscure.

Also, this loser just died, leaving a nice sample role PM.

Dear Sample,

You are Gary Gygax.

The creator of the popular board game Dungeons and Dragons, you are pretty well loved by nerds everywhere, and made weekends more fun. This "who you are" section may be longer or shorter, but it won't be very big regardless.

During a cycle you may reply to your role PM with "Cycle X - Throw 20-sided die at <user>" <user> will be rendered unconscious by the impact, allowing you to take a peek at his role PM.

You are allied with the Terrified Locals. You win if the Terrified Locals eliminate all other factions.

Edited by General Spoon

For the purposes of faking role PMs can you tell me anything about why you put "Terrified Local" in the sample PM and "Terrified Villager" in the opening post?

For the purposes of faking role PMs can you tell me anything about why you put "Terrified Local" in the sample PM and "Terrified Villager" in the opening post?

Because I'm dumb. It should be "Terrified Locals".

I'd also like to request that you wait and don't do stuff like VOTE while not everybody has their PMs yet. Its just retarded.

Edited by General Spoon

Roles are being distributed. They may or may not be what you'd call obscure.

Also, this loser just died, leaving a nice sample role PM.

Wasn't that like 3 years ago?

All role PMs have been distributed, and it is now Cycle 1.

Two reminders:

1. The game channel is #townsquare (its on the darkmist server, just follow the instruction I point you to below this line)

Instructions on how to work IRC can be found in a sticky on the main FftF board, or in a link someplace in the rules.

2. Everybody's vote is defaulted to "No Lynch" on Cycle 1

Edited by General Spoon

Voting for Life because he's good is retarded.

Killing him at night because he's good however might not be.

Killing him during the day would just speed things up.

It's like you want us to eye you with disdain and/or suspicion

Finally finished reading the thread, and. . .

Just for safety... Knowing how good he plays...

Vote: Survivor/Life Admiral

WHAT THE BLOODY HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?! THIS IS WORSE THAN THAT STUPID SWORD-LOCKED TEAM I INHERITED FROM YOU IN FE7!!!!

How 'bout talking to, y'know, everyone else before making stupid comments?

Editted out.

Haze can back me up on this. I have also cut out anything regarding our powers.

I want everyone to send me claims right away. In case you guys haven't noticed, the village keeps getting raped without proper leadership.

I know that I'm Life and "nobody should trust me" but think about it. I'm publicly putting out my role PM. If the investigator wants to check me out this cycle, be my guest. If I turn out to be a liar, go ahead and lynch me. But if nobody steps up tomorrow and proves otherwise, then it's safe to say that I'm telling the truth. And if I'm telling the truth, I'm your best ally.

So tl;dr.

EVERYONE CLAIM, DOCTOR PROTECT ME FOR THIS CYCLE AND ALL FUTURE ONES UNLESS I SAY OTHERWISE.

Edited by Survivor

We should definitely no lynch today.

Weapons, advocating a No-Lynch? Never thought I'd see the day...

In case you guys haven't noticed, the village keeps getting raped without proper leadership.

This is true. *Remembers Death Note Mafia* *Shudders*

I'm on IRC right now and I'm not getting claims (still sorta waiting for Haze to confirm that I'm telling the truth).

Guys, if you don't claim to me, there is a good possibility that you will be lynched. I'm being serious. Let's actually play well after the cesspool that was DN Mafia.

As far as I know, you're only allowed to post your role PM on cycle 2. Was there anything regarding you being able to post it in the thread?

No, I just straight up didn't read the rules. I edited it out.

Here's the gist of it to everyone. I am a good twin along with Haze. We have both of each other's role PMs as part of our role. We also have some other powers but I don't need to share those since it doesn't affect many of you. The inspector can either check me or Haze out tonight and then contact me or they can choose to trust me and send me the results of Cycle 1. Either way works but I'd prefer the second idea just to get a jump on the Mafias. In addition, the Doctor should sit on my ass at all times unless he is told otherwise. If I die because of your negligence, I will call you stupid in the postgame.

That's pretty much is.

What are you using to access the channel? I'm using mIRC, and I seem to be the only one in the channel...

JB and I are both in the channel and we see you.

I'm sending PMs to everyone asking for a claim on IRC. Don't post your role PM yet, just tell me the details of your role. The sooner we get organized, the better and we could even lynch some mafia today.