Rate the Unit Day 3: Franz

13th

Rules

- Ratings are assumed to be on Difficult Mode. Also, they should be based on when the unit is first available. In the split route case, you will see.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted (unless they fall into the general parameters of the average rating, but reasoning is still strongly encouraged on those even if you just wanna quote people) — incredibly low scores or high scores without proper justification will not be counted. Don't put in some random text thinking it'd count as justification. Put in at least a little thought and give REAL reasoning.

- Numbers for votes, please - not something like "Marcus/10", etc. Proper Justification will be determined by me and whoever decides to help, whether it be Iris and Lumi again or someone else.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is okay, but no more.

- Votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Makes it easy to calculate, please and thank you~!

- Every ranking phase ends approximately at 20:00 EST. Do the math for your timezone.

-We will ask you to not use the "Not Seth" reason on every nonSeth character. Because it will be used a lot.

Average Ratings, lowest-to-highest

Eirika: 7.31

Seth: 9.91

Franz. The man with the plan.He comes on Turn 2 of C1. Talk about

availability.

He has decent bases, but good growths.

Yeah, not

much more I need to say to give him a 9/10.

Edited by 13th

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is Eirika's name black?

Anyway, Franz is the practical closest that units come to Seth in FE8. Since NotSeth cannot be used as a justification, I see no reason Franz can't also be given a 10/10.

Not Seth/10

He's got most of the game to grow into something good, and he probably will. His stats can be a bit suspect at times, but you can probably blame the RNG for that. Plus, his support with Amelia is adorable.

9.5/10

Best character in the game after Seth. He ends up like a faster version but overall less tanky version of Seth, and can even support Seth for the same bonuses that SethEirika gives (and SethEirika give pretty awesome bonuses), except Franz matches Seth's movement. That's pretty awesome. He turns into Seth after chapter 8 on Sethless runs. 9.75/10 would use again. -.25 because only Seth can get no points taken off for can't fly because he's motherfucking Seth.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

I fight for my Franz. Hes a cool kid, that Franz. He strives to be Seth and he can actually get pretty close.

Pros:

Good move.

Has all game to grow.

Has access to the weapon triangle if the player so wishes.

Early promotion can happen.

He turns into Seth after chapter 8 on Sethless runs

That.

Supports with good units.

Yes.

Cons:

Res can be kinda poopy.

Speed can also be a little poopy at first. (especially with an unkind RNG)

Franz is cool. I usually use him all the times. 9/10. Biased rank 10/10 when im doing the No-Seth thing.

I fight for my Franz. Hes a cool kid, that Franz. He strives to be Seth and he can actually get pretty close.

Pros:

Good move.

Has all game to grow.

Has access to the weapon triangle if the player so wishes.

Early promotion can happen.

That.

Supports with good units.

Yes.

Cons:

Res can be kinda poopy.

Speed can also be a little poopy at first. (especially with an unkind RNG)

Franz is cool. I usually use him all the times. 9/10. Biased rank 10/10 when im doing the No-Seth thing.

50% speed growth says Hi

50% speed growth says Hi

While it's a good speed growth, it's also the one with the highest standard deviation, making RNG basically a cointoss. So yeah it's easy to get RNG fucked with that, but just as easily RNG blessed all the same.

9.8/10

he's basically seth except weaker. once he promotes he becomes mini-Seth and dominates the game, hence 9.8. This is in sethless FE8, which is why i think he deserves .2 below Seth and not a full point.

While it's a good speed growth, it's also the one with the highest standard deviation, making RNG basically a cointoss. So yeah it's easy to get RNG fucked with that, but just as easily RNG blessed all the same.
Higher deviation around a larger mean.

Mean/standard deviation for 60%; .60x/.4899*sqrt(x)

Mean/standard deviation for 55%; .55x/.4975*sqrt(x)

Mean/standard deviation for 50%; .50x/.5*sqrt(x)

Mean/standard deviation for 45%; .45x/.4975*sqrt(x)

Mean/standard deviation for 40%; .40x/.4899*sqrt(x)

Deviations don't even small until you hit 5% or 95% (~.21*sqrt(x)) so putting a deviation against a 50% isn't a very good argument.

Edited by Mercenary Raven

Franz is basically Seth if he were Lv1/0 instead of --/1.

For a unit that joins in Chapter 1, his bases are decent enough. 7str/7spd isn't the greatest in the world, but he is 2HKOing fighters in his join map with iron sword, and ORKOs soldiers regardless of weapon. Against 24HP/4def brigands in C2 and C3, he still takes 3/8 of their HP off. Not bad. One of his finer points is his spd, with a 50% growth, it shouldn't take him long to double. And with his 40% str growth and potential Seth/Forde supports, he's doing that with good atk to boot.

His durability is decent overall. 20HP/6def is getting 3HKO'd at worst by anything that isn't a boss, and has WTC in his favor to get himself out of fluke 2HKO's. 80HP/25def is about the same as Garcia and he can get full def from Gilliam, so it's not like he's going to be frail ever.

Things become really ridiculous once he promotes. A 15/1 Paladin Franz has slightly better stats than base Seth with 33HP/14str/15spd/12def, on top of 8 move and partial WTC, which isn't bad overall. If you feel the movement is superfluous, you can use GK for better promo bonuses and access to axes.

The only reason he doesn't get a 10 is because he's not Seth.

+ High availability

+ 7 move

+ Good AS

+ Decent supports

- Needs some training to become Seth

Edited by darkandroid125

Since NotSeth cannot be used as a justification, I see no reason Franz can't also be given a 10/10.

hj-

damn you that was gonna be the gimmick for my post

Anyway, I count Marcus and Titania as, like, elevens, and Seth as a twelve. This leaves Franz with a 10 as well.

Anyway, Franz is the practical closest that units come to Seth in FE8. Since NotSeth cannot be used as a justification, I see no reason Franz can't also be given a 10/10.

hj-

damn you that was gonna be the gimmick for my post

Anyway, I count Marcus and Titania as, like, elevens, and Seth as a twelve. This leaves Franz with a 10 as well.

You guys are the best. Franz deserves 10/10, nothing more, nothing less.