Rate the Unit, Day 7: Ross

Dat Rules

- Ratings are assumed to be on Difficult Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted (unless they fall into the general parameters of the average rating, but reasoning is still strongly encouraged on those even if you just wanna quote people) — incredibly low scores or high scores without proper justification will not be counted. Don't put in some random text thinking it'd count as justification. Put in at least a little thought and give REAL reasoning.

- Numbers for votes, please - not something like "Marcus/10", etc. Proper justification will be determined by me and whoever decides to help, whether it be Integrity and Integrity again or sometegrity else.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is okay, but no more.

- Votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Makes it easy to calculate, please and thank you~!

- Every ranking phase ends whenever I get out of bed, between 0700 and 0800 EST. Do the math for your timezone, Brits.

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- Ratings for characters should always assume the gameplay route they're best on. If I see "1/10 doesn't exist on ephraim" for Innes your vote won't be counted. If I don't like you enough, I'll throw it out if that reasoning is anywhere there.

Average Ratings

Gilliam: 3.27

Moulder: 6.89

Eirika: 7.34

Vanessa: 8.16

Franz: 9.32

Seth: 9.91

it's rawss time

as usual, my rating when i get home

Edited by Integrity

5.5/10

Comes early, has hatchet.

Decent growths and promotion routes.

He can also get screwed, staþ wise, due to being a trainee.

He comes early enough to grow out of the rut, and can go fighter->Hero or pirate->Berserker.

And, has a firexfire support with Garcia, a fast one.

Ross e's someone I DON'T recommend if you can't get super trainee he's just not worth it.

his sta's are bad when you get him and he easily get's killed he also can't do a lot of damage making him sometimes just an annoyance.

4/10

Ross e's someone I DON'T recommend if you can't get super trainee he's just not worth it.

Why would that even factor? Super Trainee is HORRIBLE compared to any of his other options.

Why would that even factor? Super Trainee is HORRIBLE compared to any of his other options.

Basically this. NEVER go super trainee with Ross/Amelia if not for their kawaii uguu~ battlesprites. Super Trainees not getting any CON for promotion should already say enough about how much they suck.

Anyway, Ross. If we allow him to Valni up to level 10 he'll get a 5/10 because even at 10/1 he's pretty bad. If we don't he's just a fail but at least sort of salvable. 3/10

Rough start, but comes in early enough that he can.overcome his weak beginning and pull some use. As an early zerker, he can get some earlygame terrain control, and I like that in drafts when I get limited mounts.

7/10

2/10. Absolutely terrible start, but at least all you need him to do is hit things to get a bunch of experience, and he has his handy hatchet to do that. Of course, he has that whole 4 MOV problem for a while, and he never gets above 6 MOV. Given his starting level, too, he'll probably never be on par with the rest of your team. But at least he can reach the point of being thoroughly meh, which is more than quite a few of this game's early joiners can hope for in any sort of efficiency run.

4/10 strictly for tower abuse potential and being pretty good if he's allowed to grow. But that's 6 points off for needing all of that crap just to be marginally useful. His dad's better. Yeah, that's right, I said it.

Also, maybe I'm crazy or I can't count, but isn't this Day 7? Even though we were on Moulder for like 5 days. Or am I missing a joke here?

He's the best Trainee. Does that say anything?

No.

Ross is outclassed easily, and the fact is, training him is a pain. His Hatchet is really nice but otherwise he's useless. Outweighed by Iron? Yep. No. BENCH.

4.5/10

Also, maybe I'm crazy or I can't count, but isn't this Day 7? Even though we were on Moulder for like 5 days. Or am I missing a joke here?

SHUT UP, YOU

fixed, i'd just gotten out of bed when i made it

Edited by Integrity

Hmmmm. . .Ross can walk on water and get his own damn promotional item. He can also Hatchet things to death until he stops sucking. As I think he's pretty damn useful in drafts. . .

6.5/10

Hmmmm. . .Ross can walk on water and get his own damn promotional item.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but you're forgetting someone else who can use said promotion item...

That aside, I'd say a 4.5/10. Like his old man, he's pretty slow, but high Luck alleviates his evade problems. He can also use the Hatchet as a crutch of sorts during his trainee stage.

The problem with Hatchet is that I give it to Garcia. 2HKOing at 1-2 range with reasonably good accuracy is just too hard for me to pass up. If only it was a PRF I might feel compelled to try out Ross.

The problem with Hatchet is that I give it to Garcia. 2HKOing at 1-2 range with reasonably good accuracy is just too hard for me to pass up. If only it was a PRF I might feel compelled to try out Ross.

derp

Then again, it's not as though Garcia's all that great...

Sorry to burst your bubble, but you're forgetting someone else who can use said promotion item...

That aside, I'd say a 4.5/10. Like his old man, he's pretty slow, but high Luck alleviates his evade problems. He can also use the Hatchet as a crutch of sorts during his trainee stage.

No, I'm not. Ross can get his own damn promotion item, because I'm not promoting Colm and Ross before Chapter 14.

No, I'm not. Ross can get his own damn promotion item, because I'm not promoting Colm and Ross before Chapter 14.

Whoops... Silly me. Never mind then.

I'm going to fux the averages today. He's not terribly difficult to train, and gets going under his own speed slowly (but not horribly so) - but, unlike the other trainees in particular and even some earlygame units, he actually has potential to grow into.

Absolute, horrible, face-melting potential. It makes me uguuuuuu, because the X-Commie in me loves babying.

7/10

True, but at the end of the day, Garcia's just another GBA fighter...

In the easiest GBA FE game. Garcia(if we ignore Ross) is the earliest 1-2 range you get and the hatchet is simply superior to the hand axe at that point. Not to mention Garcia has endgame potential.

In the easiest GBA FE game. Garcia(if we ignore Ross) is the earliest 1-2 range you get and the hatchet is simply superior to the hand axe at that point. Not to mention Garcia has endgame potential.

I won't argue with FE8 being easy, but I just don't think all that highly of GBA fighters besides Geitz.

Ross is this kid who doesnt want to afraid of anything when he grows up. Hes super puny at first but can become all interesting later.

Pros:

Loads of growth potential.

Hard hitter. (even a wee bit early on.)

Comes early enough to actually like, train without abuse.

Can become a 'Zerker.

Cons:

Super puny start.

Speed issues.

Axe lock.

Takes a while to train.

Ross isnt bad. Perhaps hes the best out of the three leetle baby units. But he can be a pain to train.

5.5/10 (Bias rating: i kinda like using him and Zerking it up. 7/10)

True, but at the end of the day, Garcia's just another GBA fighter...

A GBA Fighter who can turn into a Hero. I don't remember Ward, Lot, Bartre, or Dorcas being able to do that.

But that's for tomorrow's thread, not this one.