Rate the Unit, Day 8: Garcia

Dat Rules

- Ratings are assumed to be on Difficult Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted (unless they fall into the general parameters of the average rating, but reasoning is still strongly encouraged on those even if you just wanna quote people) — incredibly low scores or high scores without proper justification will not be counted. Don't put in some random text thinking it'd count as justification. Put in at least a little thought and give REAL reasoning.

- Numbers for votes, please - not something like "Marcus/10", etc. Proper justification will be determined by me and whoever decides to help, whether it be Integrity and Integrity again or sometegrity else.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is okay, but no more.

- Votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Makes it easy to calculate, please and thank you~!

- Every ranking phase ends whenever I get out of bed, between 0700 and 0800 EST. Do the math for your timezone, Brits.

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- Ratings for characters should always assume the gameplay route they're best on. If I see "1/10 doesn't exist on ephraim" for Innes your vote won't be counted. If I don't like you enough, I'll throw it out if that reasoning is anywhere there.

Average Ratings

Gilliam: 3.27

Ross: 4.33

Moulder: 6.89

Eirika: 7.34

Vanessa: 8.16

Franz: 9.32

Seth: 9.91

you all know the drill

also ross beat gilliam hahaha

let's make neimi beat gilliam too

9.25/10.

Nice early on.

Alright mid-game.

Decent lategame.

Nice bases.

Hero gets +2 spd promo gain and C swords.

Warrior gets bows and a WTF str cap.

Has con for axes and blades/heavier bows.

And, is better thaan any other hero crester.

And hits like a truck, 2HKOes everything

doesn't die easily, and can uzse Killing Edges right off bat as a hero.

Oh, and he can take a speedwing, and has con for braves.

Now, IMO-only problem is move and being kinda slow early on.

Also, good clean up guy.

Seth and mounts rush in-Garcia cleans up with Gerik/Ross

Oh, and has a beard.

-.75 for no mount and slowish start

Edited by The Creeper

6/10. He struggles when sword users start popping up, and his durability is awful. He also is really slow. Still, he's a nice axe user, has great availability, is easy to train, and has great health and strength. I just wouldn't want him taking any hits. He pretty much has to go to Hero to get moar speed, so his 2 range options are limited to hand axes, though he does have decent skill for hit.

Edited the fail.

Edited by Ring Wraith

6/10. He struggles when lance users start popping up, and his durability is awful. He also is really slow. Still, he's a nice axe user, has great availability, is easy to train, and has great health and strength. I just wouldn't want him taking any hits. He pretty much has to go to Hero to get moar speed, so his 2 range options are limited to hand axes, though he does have decent skill for hit.

Axe beat lances.

6/10

Rather helpful when he first shows up, but trolololol 20% SPD growth and not being too impressive elsewhere means he's probably not a longterm team member. Still, he's good at the beginning, and that's more than a lot of this game's units who join early seem to have to say.

Also, Ross beating Gill by a full point makes me a little sad...

Garcia's alright. He's got pretty solid offense early on, and good bases. This is especially nice in Sethless since his damage output is much appreciated. However, his speed is a bit of an issue, though it can be amended a bit by going Hero and getting Garm, later.

6.5/10.

Would give a 7-7.5 if draft performances counts, but since now you got the whole team to choose from...

Edited by Luminescent Blade

Since, uh, when has this been considered a bad thing?

They are probably of the opinion that they'd rather use Warrior's bows for 2-range. Or so I would assume.

As for Garcia, he's a cool bro. Hits like a truck earlygam- all game, is kinda slow but has ways around it. 7/10

Since, uh, when has this been considered a bad thing?

fe6 but thats because we have competent enemies mixed with generally awful hitrates

6/10 because he's a decent enough hero and he can put a huge dent in things for a while

7.5/10. I love me the shit out of Garcia, but I can't justify calling him one of the game's best units because he has a huge, huge SPD problem and is categorically inferior to Gerik's Hero stats.

Having said that... He's a solid character with brick wall HP and okay DEF, great STR, sufficient SKL, a great start (his bases are super good for an early Fighter, and he can use the Hatchet), and two interesting promotion options. Generally I would say Hero for the SPD and access to Swords, and to max out Garcia's HP (which he has some chance of doing). However, there's something to be said for Warrior, since Garcia caps STR at 30 like a bawss and can become a Geitz-style archerpocalypse who also smacks bitches with Steel/Hand Axes where necessary. If you do use Garcia this way, or probably any way, he'll desperately want a Speedwing for insurance. Maybe even a Dragonshield to shore up his DEF. There's four of each in the game, but it's still a bit to ask for one character.

But almost no one else in the game can claim that they both have a high STR cap and that they are likely to hit it. Great Knight Kyle can, maybe. Warrior Garcia almost always will, and Hero Garcia is guaranteed. So long as he's able to double - which is his sticky point, and it matters enough to dock him points - jerks are going to get wrecked.

5.5/10. Good HP and Strength, but painfully slow, even as a Hero, and his other stats aren't that great either.

Edited by Metal King Slime

GARcia.

GARcia.

The manliest of the men in Sacred Stones, edging out over Duessel's beard and Dozla's Dozla JUST barely to win said title. That alone gives him a +0.5.

He is an awesome character, IMO, and his affinity is pretty good for supports. another +0.25.

He comes early, with good axe rank, and the ability to promote as early as Chapter 10, and then he is boss. Assuming promotion C10, he can become Garmcia by C14 or 15, when it could be useful, but its best saved for C18 and 20.

With all of his power, he has one minor flaw.

Speed. He is not the fastest.

Oh, and lack of mount or flight hurts some too.

And he's not Seth.

He gets an 8.5 and then a +1 because I like him.

##Rate: 9.5/10

Edited by 13th Chibi

6/10. He struggles when lance users start popping up, and his durability is awful. He also is really slow. Still, he's a nice axe user, has great availability, is easy to train, and has great health and strength. I just wouldn't want him taking any hits. He pretty much has to go to Hero to get moar speed, so his 2 range options are limited to hand axes, though he does have decent skill for hit.

His durability isn't really awful. 45HP and 11DEF with WTC at 20/1 is pretty good, in fact.

why all the low ratings? 8/10

he's pretty good in offense which makes up for his SPD and if you are lucky and get his spd to grow when level up He can in one battle a lot of times Kill a enemy that had full health at start

and I guess he has decent def (he can take 2 hits from Orson like a man when really under-leveled. Much better than that stupid son of his

Would have been mediocre in any other GBA FE game

But is quite alright in this particular one. Shouldn;t have a lot of doubling problems if you feed him a speedwing and a hero promotion. Then maybe Garm for late to end game. Probably one of the better foot units this game has to offer.

7/10

I still remember the time when I though Garcia sucks. Then I started playing hardmode with casual sethskipping and got a huge bromance with this guy because he was like only one strong enough to not make me facepalm during those moments of seth on the other side of map. All in all He is just majorly awesome unit with good offence but low mov.

7/10 because i really like him too much to give 6/10

Dat Strength. Dat HP.

Oh, that speed.

Oh hey Axes.

He's probably one of the best earlygame nonmounted units, and he is pretty good once he gets going. Slow start hurts.

And Warriors suck. But Garcia's alright.

7/10

Unlike other GBA Fighters, he can go Hero for a +2 boost in speed, which he sorely needs. Also, he's among the best units in the monster chapters, having enough strength to score those ORKO's. He's a helluva lot better in drafts than he is in regular play though. Earlygame is his defining moment. His midgame is really quite bad, and if he gets Garm, his lategame is pretty good.

7/10

Am I the only one to note that as a hero, he gets C swords for instant Killing Edge?

And, his skl growth is like 45%, so he'll have good hit except against SMs IMO.

He nails SMs with swords.

Garcia is a manly man who defends Ide!

Pros:

Sturdy early on.

Hits pretty hard.

Axes are yes.

Can go Hero and spam things.

Cons:

Dat speed. :mellow:

Is in competition with guys like Joshua and Gerik for dat Hero Crest.

Dat skill. :blink:

All in all, Garcia is a good 6/10. He isnt shitty but he isnt gr9mazing. He has his uses and can be pretty damn beefy. But his speed kinda makes him slog along. Hero does give him bonuses so thats cool, but yeah. Hes still not gonna be that fast though. I dont really use him much in the main game though so no real biased rating.

Oh yeah, I haven't voted yet. I think I don't vote early so I don't have to write bullshit about stats.

Since I gave Ross a 7 I'm obliged to give Garcy the Dragon at least a 7.5 since he's better than Ross when it's important.

Edited by Integrity