Rate the Unit, Day 9: Neimi

Dat Rules

- Ratings are assumed to be on Difficult Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted (unless they fall into the general parameters of the average rating, but reasoning is still strongly encouraged on those even if you just wanna quote people) — incredibly low scores or high scores without proper justification will not be counted. Don't put in some random text thinking it'd count as justification. Put in at least a little thought and give REAL reasoning.

- Numbers for votes, please - not something like "Marcus/10", etc. Proper justification will be determined by me and whoever decides to help, whether it be Integrity and Integrity again or sometegrity else.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is okay, but no more.

- Votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Makes it easy to calculate, please and thank you~!

- Every ranking phase ends whenever I get out of bed, between 0700 and 0800 EST. Do the math for your timezone, Brits.

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- Ratings for characters should always assume the gameplay route they're best on. If I see "1/10 doesn't exist on ephraim" for Innes your vote won't be counted. If I don't like you enough, I'll throw it out if that reasoning is anywhere there.

Average Ratings

Gilliam: 3.27

Ross: 4.33

Garcia: 6.88

Moulder: 6.89

Eirika: 7.34

Vanessa: 8.16

Franz: 9.32

Seth: 9.91

moulder beat garcia by a factor of moustache

fucking amazing

you guys had better rate neimi good

2/10.

Sucks, but if she gets to 10/1, she may be decent.

Horse+1 Range!

Also, Orion Bolt monopoly, WTF fast support with Colm

1 for chip, and free promo item.

+1 for having some kind of distant potential

Hahahahaha! An Archer... Hahahaha! *rolls over the floor in hysterical laughter*

The only thing that's likely to save her is going Ranger or she'll be a mere failure!

2.5/10

Neimi's the best GBA archer. Unfortunately, that's not saying a whole lot, because archers suck. Still, I kind of like her since she gets an awesome promotion, great growths, and a fast support with Colm. If only IS would get a clue and stop giving archers terrible bases.

3.5/10

Edited by OrangeCrush

1/10. Ross level combat at base, getting like 10 EXP a turn on average if she's lucky, and not even really good if you manage to train her up. I mean, I'd take 10/0 Franz over 10/1 Neimi any day, and Franz will be hitting level 10 like six chapters before Neimi hits level 10 at best.

why are you all giving bad ratings? she owned a lot of stuff in my playthroughs her only problems are the lack of 1 ranged weapons but that can be easily fixed if you make her go ranger also the fact in character she is the opposite of a Mary sue is another plus point 6/10

2/10

Neimi has bad bases, and limited enemy phase activity hampers her ability to grow out of them. This is a good example of Intelligent Systems' inability to balance archers.

why are you all giving bad ratings? she owned a lot of stuff in my playthroughs her only problems are the lack of 1 ranged weapons but that can be easily fixed if you make her go ranger also the fact in character she is the opposite of a Mary sue is another plus point 6/10

Much as I DESPERATELY DESPERATELY want to, I don't think I can accept this as reasoning for being so far above the average.

I would give 0.5 if it weren't reserved for Amelia.

I would give 1.0 if it weren't reserved for Ewan.

I would give 1.5 if I wouldn't happen to like her character and stuff.

So because there are even worse characters in terms of usefullness and personal bias...

2.5/10

Im going to hell for this.

Im sorry Indie, it pains me to be honest too.

1.5/10. -9 for being an early game GBA Archer with all that entails, +0.5 for at least having the brains to get on a horse after promotion, which she'll never reach unless you feed her like crazy. She's speedy and has just enough STR growth to cap at Ranger/Sniper's low caps... at like 20/20. And pretty much no matter what you do, her durability is ass. I mean she's better than Amelia for sure, but not by much.

2.5/10

I hate giving half-points, but I don't feel like I can justify a 3, and I feel like she deserves more than a 2.

She's a pain to train, but with walls on her first chapter and on chapter 8, she can get a little exp. Getting her to ranger is important, giving her a mount and swords. Also, automatic Colm support.

What? Sure she isn't Generic McGeneric but all she fucking does is cry.

No development, nothing. Besides that damn mirror, which mostly only holds significance in support conversations.