Rate the Unit, Day 11: Artur

Dat Rules

- Ratings are assumed to be on Difficult Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted (unless they fall into the general parameters of the average rating, but reasoning is still strongly encouraged on those even if you just wanna quote people) — incredibly low scores or high scores without proper justification will not be counted. Don't put in some random text thinking it'd count as justification. Put in at least a little thought and give REAL reasoning.

- Numbers for votes, please - not something like "Marcus/10", etc. Proper justification will be determined by me and whoever decides to help, whether it be Integrity and Integrity again or sometegrity else.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is okay, but no more.

- Votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Makes it easy to calculate, please and thank you~!

- Every ranking phase ends whenever I get out of bed, between 0700 and 0800 EST. Do the math for your timezone, Brits.

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- Ratings for characters should always assume the gameplay route they're best on. If I see "1/10 doesn't exist on ephraim" for Innes your vote won't be counted. If I don't like you enough, I'll throw it out if that reasoning is anywhere there.

Average Ratings

Neimi: 2.24

Gilliam: 3.27

Ross: 4.33

Colm: 6.32

Garcia: 6.88

Moulder: 6.89

Eirika: 7.34

Vanessa: 8.16

Franz: 9.32

Seth: 9.91

ohhhhhh my goooooooooood my banner switched to micaiah <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Time to be cruel!

Alright, so Artur... The monk of this game... He's simply the blastier yet glassier version of Moulder, and his joining map has Mogalls which he simply laughs at... But those Bonewalkers and Zombie ain't laughing matter since his durability is balls, unless you're talking about RES-based paramaters.

He has the option of going Sage, which is plus on my books and going Bishop for Slayer.

Oh, and you're completely stupid if you gave him Ivaldi which cancels out Slayer, talk about a Sacred Twin that cancels out an ability... WTF?!

So... I'll just give him a....

Edited by Le Ultimate Failure

One of my favorite characters, though he is weak as a wet sheet of toilet paper, he his hard with his light magic, and peonies to receive slayer, making bishops very speaking in this game, as a prime ruins class.

Lute supports, which are easy to fill (though not ross/garcia or neimi/colm easy, but still pretty fast).

7.25 for me. I love dat Warp he can use, but his magic isn't Saleh's mag...

Artur is solid offensively, but his defense is pretty bad. Promoting to bishop is nice though due to slayer + extra exp + C staves. Not a bad unit, but nothing too impressive really.

7.5/10

Oh, and you're completely stupid if you gave him Ivaldi which cancels out Slayer, talk about a Sacred Twin that cancels out an ability... WTF?!

Because there's no human enemies in this game, and there's a huge number of characters that want to and reasonably can S-rank light, right?

Meh, I'd rather slap it on L'Arachel or Valkyrie!Natasha anyways rather than making a Bishop's WTF offense go down.

EDIT: Ugh... Their CON is the downside.

Edited by Le Ultimate Failure

Or, you know, they can't get to S light within a reasonable timeframe (I mean what, FE8's like, 22 chapters long) without and you'd have to be very careful not to let them cap out staves first.

Anyway, on to Artur.

Artur is pretty cool. He has decent stats and can bomb things at 1-2 range. His promo options are pretty nice too, Bishop for Slayer and C STAVES or Sage for Anima which is better than light. I like to go Bishop for Artur so I will assume that. If you can get him promoted before Saleh joins (likely on Eph route), he can start staffspamming rightaway. Since this is FE8 and this game is short, might as well do it at 10-12/whenever the hell you can. Staffspamming is great because then you get access to physic, and then WARP. WARP makes Seth go faster. Anything makes Seth go faster is pretty cool. He can still bomb the shit out of monsters using SLAYER and do decent damage to regular enemies.

Problems include not having a horse ever and being pretty frail.

7/10.

He's a decent blaster with all that entails, which I think is worth a 6. Add in that he can promote to be better against monsters, which is a fairly neat little perk for Bishops in FE8, and that's worth another half-point.

Sooo... 6.5/10?

He totally loses to Lucius and Rhys on looks. Light magic is helpful, as the monsters use Dark magic, and who doesn't like a little more avoid against Shadowshot? He does okay as both a staffbot and monster slayer, and his Ice affinity should help him with his stupidly stupid durability. Too bad he doesn't have blindingly fast supports like Colm/Neimi.

7/10

Artur shows up early and has a forced map with monsters abound. His starting offense is all right (even if he can't 1HKO enemies on his starting map without a lucky critical), but he has pretty terrible durability, including luck. His base speed is passable, and it should pick up soon enough. He can promote to either a bishop or a sage, and going bishop gives him instant C-staves. Also, his affinity gives him three things that he really needs (defense, avoid, critical evade).

7/10, because he's not terrific at first but can become great if you raise him

7/10

He's got pretty good ranged chip, with doubling and targeting RES. The speedy alternative to Lute's pure damage, though I usually prefer the latter. Bad luck hurts him though, but he gets a nice Staff rank with Slayer on promotion, so he's worth using.

Artur is this guy who Lute totally crushes on. Hes got boyish good looks and junk.

Pros:

Hits pretty hard with that there light magic.

Slayer if going Bishop which breaks late game.

Super fast support with Lute.

Staff use...either way.

Cons:

Can take a while to get places.

Durability is poop.

Not too speedy.

6/10. I dig him so biased rating is 8/10. I like that he can go Sage and not suck too bad. But i like Bishop on him best. Plus his supports with Lute (who i love) are adorable.