[FE4] Rate the Unit XII

Caliban of Sycorax

Rules (Borrowed from whomever made them first with modifications)

- Ratings to be assumed from when a unit is first available.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted (unless they fall into the general parameters of the average rating, but reasoning is still strongly encouraged on those even if you just wanna quote people) — incredibly low scores or high scores without proper justification will not be counted. Don't put in some random text thinking it'd count as justification. Put in at least a little thought and give REAL reasoning.

- Numbers for votes, please - not something like "Sigurd/10", etc.

- Personality / Appearance may be taken into account, but only +/- 1 point at the most.

- Votes out of 10, or something proportional to it, please!

- Make votes easily visible, please and thank you!

- Every ranking phase will end on the next day at approximately 10:00 PM (or 22:00), EST.

Units and Ranking (Least to Greatest)

Ardan: 1.39

Azel: 4.63

Midir: 5.47

Noish: 6.15

Alec: 6.17

Ayra: 6.79

Fin (First Generation): 7.88

Cuan: 8.41

Lex: 8.83

Ethlin: 9.15

Sigurd: 9.96

DAY 12: AIDEEN

___

OhmygodanotherhealerjesusFE4youtroll.

Aideen's pretty awesome because she heals. She also gets the Warp Staff and is the only person who can use it until either Levin/Lachesis promotes or Claude arrives. That's pretty good odds. She's the main warper and saves tons of turns, especially in Chapter 3 when she can warp Sigurd to Mandino and have him charge the pirates before Briggid drowns in her own blood after eating axes and swords.

Aideen is also the reason Briggid gets Ichival so props to her~

Promotion doesn't really do anything good for Aideen because she can only use basic magics. She can use every non-Valkyrie staff, but Reserve is already on Claude and Rescue only happens if she becomes Lovers with Claude.

She can pass a shitton of staves to Lana though, to make her start in Gen 2 better.

Lack of a horse hurts when your frontliners like Sigurd, Cuan, Fin, and Fury need healing, but Libro's 10 range can help that a bit.

6.75/10

Aideen is kind of tough to rate

first off, she has 5 move, the lowest in the game (tied with Ardan, and Azel, but they suck so it doesn't matter)

She also has exclusive access to the first warp staff (unless you give it to Deirdre for some unfathomable reason), which is a great help at transporting slower foot units ahead in casual play, or moving Sigurd (and eventually Celice) around in LTC.

I'll give her a 7/10, because A staves is really cool, but 5 movement isn't.

7/10

She is a healer which is great. She also has the warp staff, gives the Ichval to Bridget, and gives a hero bow to Mirdir or Jamka (allowing Lester to be good). However, until she promotes she can do nothing if she gets attacked, and even then, she can only use the simple tomes. She also has no horse, which means she really lags behind, while Ethlin is up there healing all the horse users.

This is hard. Because she's a healer you could spam heals to lv 30. I've always had good magic and luck with her. I don't use her for fighting unless it in the arena for money to repair her staffs. However, she has no skills. So, her children's skills depend on the father. Imo this really hurts her.

I have to go with 5.5/10

Aideen gets fifty thousand out of ten. Except you would throw out that vote which saddens me.

So, healing in FE4 is amazing, and she's really your only healer for your unmounted group until chapter 4. Lachesis sucks at it and Ethlin is with the horsies. She gets warp, which is extremely helpful, and it's almost exclysive. Seriously, Claude and Diadora shouldn't touch that thing.

7/10 + 1 full complete point of bias.

8/10

Aideen has 5 move but she also has exclusive access to Warp (discounting Diedre, because unless you're in a draft she ain't touching Warp due to how damn expensive it is and she only even exists for like a chapter and a little more) until Lachesis promotes/Claude joins, and it's better kept on her anyway since a promoted Lachesis wants to go with the horseguys and Claude comes late and has his Fortify (equivalent) to worry about. However, she can't get her own staff money and has to rely on Lover or Dew. She does give you Hero Bow when paired with Midir or Jamka, however, making Midir/Lester more useful (inb4Jamka: foot movement and he has the stats to use whateverfuck bow and still do good damage). Still pretty damn useful. 6.5/10.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

No skills, bad movement! However, when you're a staffbot, those don't matter! Essential in drafts and LTC, her warping powers are incredibly useful. She can heal a fair bit better than Ethlin and spawns Lana, who's essentially a little Edain. Bonus points for netting an early rescue, oh and Lester isn't too bad to have.

8/10!

The sort of staves she can access is pretty outstanding(especially Warp) but 5 move heavily penalises the use of most units, though she's the best off of those units because she doesn't need to reach combat like other foot units. She's is able to carry out tasks like warping Sigurd to a closer castle to the next objective and once she gets the Chapter 2 Reblow staff she's able to keep in healing range of your mounted units frequently enough.

6/10

Aideen's best use is to fall in love to get a staff to pass down to her daugher to pass down to Leaf. lol, I guess she saves a few turns herself, but it's hilarious that her most significant use is to make Leaf better. Whatever, her 5 move heal is also pretty unimpressive, and I think besides Chapter 3 where she can save a few turns, her Rescue staff will never be put to good use. Lana can save some turns with it, but Aideen doesn't really put it to good use at all. So...yeah. She has nothing over Ethlin, she's just like Lachelis with better staff ranks that she doesn't make good use of, and noone likes Lachelis, so why do people like Aideen so much?

Maybe it's the hair. Aideen does have pretty awesome hair. Or maybe it's because she really is pretty amazing in drafts, because who would draft Lachelis over Aideen when Aideen is passing the staves that shave the turns down? Still, as far as Aideen herself is concerned, NOT very helpful at all.

5/10.

Like all units without a horse Aideen's movement isn't very good, but as a healer she still has her uses. Her main problem is her competion. In her first chapters there is Ethelin who has much more movement then her and when she's gone she has claude to compete with.

Still she's a good healer in her own right, passes some nice staves down and isn't a bad mommy.

7/10

She doesn't have a horse, so she's at least looking at a baseline score of purely average. But, and this is a pretty critical but, she's a staff user with access to some pretty potent staves. So yeah, she's as pokey as Ardan, her durability sucks, she can't arena before promotion and can't do that great a job in it even after she does, but she's still pretty useful. Not necessarily for frontline healing as such, but for Warps, Silences, that kind of thing. It helps other units, it helps her, and some of her movement problems are defrayed a bit by the ability to Warp people who can easily come to (or be Returned to) her. So yeah, she may not move very far, but if she Warps somebody halfway across the map in an instant, that can be forgiven.

7/10. The -3 is basically exclusively for the horse issue and being naught more than a staffbot. Normally I'm a lot harsher on staff-only units as I really don't care for them, but there's a lot she can do that nobody else is really doing before Claude shows up, and Claude doesn't need her staves, and unlike Deirdre there's actually a point in using Aideen. Just remember to swap her and Ethlin's Heal/Mend staves ASAP. And maybe a tiny bit of bias in there (half a point, perhaps?) because I really like her kids, probably more than I oughta. And as a mother she's not very demanding; she can pretty much take any guy with Pursuit, Midir and Jamka aren't massively popular anyway, and she handles everything her daughter needs.

I don't think anyone gives Aideen the Silence staff. Waste of her money, if you ask me.

Although that was probably just an example of how she could use any staves, I'm just saying.

5 move is something to hate. Aideen is never where you want her and its rare that she's worth the trouble anyway. If you're going to pair her up with someone, expect the father to be doing nothing for the time it takes to set up that relationship.

Absolutely unrewarding to use in all but a few limited circumstances, Aideen is really fairly bad.

Edited by Duff Ostrich

6/10

You're going to have to give Dierdre Warp for Ch2 if you have any hope of levelling her, which you do want, and in Ch2 Warp really isn't useful, because you can't access Nodion (unless you let it get taken over and re-seize, which I'm pretty sure costs more turns than it saves, but I haven't proven it decisively) which means Evan's is closer anyway. There's maybe one or two warps you might want to make to McKily, but by then that's just a matter of either warping Ethlin so she can Return people, or fighters to make sure they get XP. She does serve the useful purpose of providing mid-chapter heals when Ethlin is busy romping around Village Central, Returning people, though, and her Ch1 performance is pretty solid.

Where Aideen really shines is Ch3, when Dierdre is already at 30 and about to leave (or left) already. She now has access to Libro, thank you Shagaal, which means she can "keep up", and she can Warp Relay people from one end of the map to the other after Ethlin returns them, greatly speeding the process, and something that can't yet be duplicated by anyone else.

In Ch4+ Aideen's style starts getting cramped again, as Lachesis and Fury have probably both promoted, potentially taking over Warp and Return duties in that order. Still, she can give out a Hero Bow... which is almost strictly inferior to the Killer Bow anyway, but at least adds variety, right? I can't give her much credit for her kids, because she passes down a grand total of her zero personal skills, and the most important Staff inheritance for Rana (Rescue) is really Claude's Holy Blood's contribution to the job, but I guess giving Rana Libro and Warp is better than nothing, which is what you get with Mana. I guess this gives you Darna->Melgen, and Home->Lenster in Chs 7 and 8 to her credit too...

Her Arena prowess is non-existant, but it doesn't need to be, because she's a staff-whore.

Solidly above average, but not by that much. Fuck it, 7/10, anything else is probably deliberate sandbagging. It probably should be actually higher, maybe even a 10, as nobody else will provide those second-gen warps (Sety comes too late, nobody else has the staff rank on both parent and child), but that feels like Eddie's 1-P performance to me.

I think when Horace leveled Diadora up to level 30 or close to there in the 2nd gen draft, it really didn't help Celice's stats much at all. Is it for Yuria then?

Edited by Refa

I think when Horace leveled Diadora up to level 30 or close to there in the 2nd gen draft, it really didn't help Celice's stats much at all. Is it for Yuria then?

I did, and can speak from my experience. It gave him a boost to magic (lol), resistance (which is really helpful), and HP (awesome).

Yuria inherits nothing from Diadora, unfortunately, she's fixed. It's for the EXP rank.

Edited by Knuckles

I did, and can speak from my experience. It gave him a boost to magic (lol), resistance (which is really helpful), and HP (awesome).

Yuria inherits nothing from Diadora, unfortunately, she's fixed. It's for the EXP rank.

According to Average Stats for parents, and the calculation formula, I think I got the following. So the stat gains are minimal, but the extra Mag helps against the Hand Axe enemies near Isaac with your Magic Sword, getting him to ORKO sooner, extra Speed always helps, as does extra HP. Res Celice will probably have enough of due to holy blood growths to be safe from staves regardless, plus there's Tyrfing so whatever really.

But it's mostly my ranked playthrough bias shining through, as correctly deduced.

Level 	MHP 	Str 	Mag 	Skl 	Spd 	Luk 	Def 	Res 
BaseDia!Celice
1       30	7	0	8	7	5	7	0
MaxDia!Celice
1       32	8	1	8	8	5	7	1

Res Celice will probably have enough of due to holy blood growths to be safe from staves regardless, plus there's Tyrfing so whatever really.

The only real problem with Sleep Staves (with Celice anyway) in Gen2 is the one outside Perluke.

Level 	MHP 	Str 	Mag 	Skl 	Spd 	Luk 	Def 	Res 
BaseDia!Celice
1   	30	7	0	8	7	5	7	0
MaxDia!Celice
1   	32	8	1	8	8	5	7	1

Hm. That seems to be very minimal. I thought it was 2 or 3 points of difference, Cool.

There are two outside of Perluke, and the dudes only have a MAG of 16. Celice (ha ha averages) ought to be able to resist that by C10. Plus, there's the Barrier Ring and if there's a better use for it than preventing your lord from getting Slept, I dunno what it is.

Hm. That seems to be very minimal. I thought it was 2 or 3 points of difference, Cool.

The gains are often within 0.2-0.3 of being an additional point, so if Diadora is blessed, they go up, if she's cursed, it usually won't matter, because it's hard to hit base-level cursing.