Rate the Unit, Day 21: Gerik

Dat Rules

- Ratings are assumed to be on Difficult Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted (unless they fall into the general parameters of the average rating, but reasoning is still strongly encouraged on those even if you just wanna quote people) — incredibly low scores or high scores without proper justification will not be counted. Don't put in some random text thinking it'd count as justification. Put in at least a little thought and give REAL reasoning.

- Numbers for votes, please - not something like "Marcus/10", etc. Proper justification will be determined by me and whoever decides to help, whether it be Integrity and Integrity again or sometegrity else.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is okay, but no more.

- Votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Makes it easy to calculate, please and thank you~!

- Every ranking phase ends whenever I get out of bed, between 0700 and 0800 EST. Do the math for your timezone, Brits.

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- Ratings for characters should always assume the gameplay route YOU judge them best on. If I see "doesn't exist on ephraim" ANYWHERE in your rating for Innes I will be very cross and will probably throw out your vote out of spite.

Average Ratings

Amelia: 1.65

Neimi: 2.24

Gilliam: 3.27

Ross: 4.33

Lute: 4.80

Joshua: 6.02

Innes: 6.20

Natasha: 6.27

Colm: 6.32

Garcia: 6.88

Kyle: 6.89

Moulder: 6.89

Artur: 6.92

Forde: 7.04

Tana: 7.33

Eirika: 7.34

Ephraim: 8.13

Vanessa: 8.16

Franz: 9.32

Seth: 9.91

okie-do, innes was fun as I anticipated

read: half of you suck

gerik's turn

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gerik is manliness.

Despite being an unpromoted unit, he's more of a bases unit. And I like bases units. This is because he has awesome bases and comes with his own goddamn promotion item like a boss, and the player can either choose to utilize those badass bases with shiny bonuses, or train him a few levels. His growths are pretty good, too, and unlike his predecessors Dieck and Raven, his defense growth is really good as far as GBA is concerned (yes, I know 35 isn't /a hell/ lot, but when you consider the average def growth is like, 20...), so gogo tank. He's got enough speed to double practically everything, he's got really good strength, and he just has really damn good combat. Ch10 is only halfway through the game, too, so you get to use this badass for 50% of the game. What a man.

He's pretty good whichever promotion route you go. Ranger gets a horse and 7 move, and Hero gets HANDAXES. And HANDAXES is awesome. Handaxes with Gerik's level of combat.

Too bad Handaxes doesn't come with horse, but he could get the horse and use bows well enough and he's still good at swords anyway. He works well with either promotion, really.

8+1(for being incredibly hot and manly)=9/10.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

9/10. Great bases, and can promote instantly if you want (or you could wait and give him a few levels). And he comes in chapter 10. :awesome: Also, personally, I have him S rank axes because Wynaut? (He'll do good either way, though)

Edited by Metal King Slime

Innes doesn't deserve a 6/10. 4/10 is much more like it. The guy seriously doesn't add to your team. But this isn't about Innes, it's about Gerik.

Gerik is the unmounted combat king of this game, tied with Saleh. He joins late-ish on both routes but has very solid combat from the getgo. Hero crest competition is "fierce" for every crest except for the one that goes on Gerik. 'Nuff said.

7/10

9/10 now this is someone where I can vote on most badass char in the game he has promo item when joining doubles like a boss two awesome promotions blessed strength one of my favourite units also he joins at chapter 10 making him quite competent.

8/10.

Solid when he exists

Comes a wee bit late.

Appears to be a copy of Dieck.

I usually give Garcia Geriks Crest.

Garcia is the real Ogma unit.

Overrated.

6/10

Edited by The Insane One

Gerik, ahh... Yes! The only mercenary in this game.

What can I say? He has good bases and reasonable growths like Lumi said; and what makes him really sell off well is that he arrives with a Hero's Crest and can promote right off the bat picking either into Hero for 2-range option with Handaxes or go on wheels with Ranger and use Bows against those annoying Wyverns and later on... Deathgoyles!

I say Hero that way, he can have a ball with the Hand axes and S-rank that Axes for his AS to go beyond CRAZINESS!

Problem? He kinda arrives a bit late; but not so late since he arrives at the heat of action!

My verdict?

9.0/10, I'll add a +0.5 due to option going Ranger because of pony biases; so it will kick his score up to...

Hero crest competition is "fierce" for every crest except for the one that goes on Gerik. 'Nuff said.

Excuse me, but can you please explain yourself? Because I don't quite see it that way...

Gerik is awesome. He's got the best nonmounted combat in the game (lolranger) and can use Axes, so yay 1~2 Range. He also can auto-promote with the promotion item he comes with. Not many others can do that.

9/10

I think Gerik is generally overrated. Why? Well, basically, movement. Mind you, I'm not going to call him bad, but when you have higher movement units, it's harder for Hero Gerik to do stuff and Ranger Gerik doesn't have 1-2 range or the damage axes can do. Also, he joins fairly late. The later a unit joins, the easier it is for their role to be replicated unless they do something unique. I don't mean to say Gerik isn't contributing because other units exist, but his contributions aren't as significant. 6.5/10.

Awesome combat and an easy promotion. Of course, if you're rushing the game with mounts you might worry he can't keep up. But he can promote to a Ranger. You generally wouldn't, but if the mere prospect of having a horse can help a trashbin-digging scrub like Amelia, it can sure as hell help somebody as good as Gerik. Although of course going Ranger denies Axes, so it's a judgment call between GOES FAST WOO WOO and I HAS THE AXE. If he could have both he'd be a 9.5 or something, but as it is I'd go with 8/10.

Hell, even though we're assuming his best route, he's still pretty awesome on his worst route. That's a good sign.

I think Gerik is generally overrated. Why? Well, basically, movement. Mind you, I'm not going to call him bad, but when you have higher movement units, it's harder for Hero Gerik to do stuff and Ranger Gerik doesn't have 1-2 range or the damage axes can do. Also, he joins fairly late. The later a unit joins, the easier it is for their role to be replicated unless they do something unique. I don't mean to say Gerik isn't contributing because other units exist, but his contributions aren't as significant. 6.5/10.

Yup.

Not much that hadn't been said already.

He autorecruits no mater which route, and comes with that badass Steel Blade, which if for some reason he isn't using, Hero!Garcia drools over.

However, that inferior move hurts his performance when you have, on average, 3+mounted units on your team, unless rescue/drop shenanigans or goes a different path from the rest (or Route, like the desert).

Solid 7.5 for me, since he can't fly and can't canto, and has no skill, (-1 for each, but +.5 bias for dat headband and banging :Marisa: )

Edited by Elieson

Oh man, Gerik. His stats are insane all around the board, including con. He can choose between axes and a mount--a choice which one really can't go wrong with. He joins high leveled and with bases that allow him to leap right into the fray the second he shows up. I'm not even sure what I can say that's bad about him.

10/10