[FE4] Rate the Unit XVII

Caliban of Sycorax

Rules (Borrowed from whomever made them first with modifications)

- Ratings to be assumed from when a unit is first available.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted (unless they fall into the general parameters of the average rating, but reasoning is still strongly encouraged on those even if you just wanna quote people) — incredibly low scores or high scores without proper justification will not be counted. Don't put in some random text thinking it'd count as justification. Put in at least a little thought and give REAL reasoning.

- Numbers for votes, please - not something like "Sigurd/10", etc.

- Personality / Appearance may be taken into account, but only +/- 1 point at the most.

- Votes out of 10, or something proportional to it, please!

- Make votes easily visible, please and thank you!

- Every ranking phase will end on the next day at approximately 10:00 PM (or 22:00), EST.

Units and Ranking (Least to Greatest)

Diadora: 1.19

Ardan: 1.39

Azel: 4.63

Jamka: 5.25

Midir: 5.47

Dew: 5.68

Holyn: 5.90

Noish: 6.15

Alec: 6.17

Aideen: 6.57

Ayra: 6.79

Fin (First Generation): 7.88

Cuan: 8.41

Lex: 8.83

Ethlin: 9.15

Sigurd: 9.96

DAY 17: LACHESIS

___

Oh, Lachesis. Where can I start?

Well, she promotes to the best class in the game. Of course, she starts as a Level 1 Princess and we just recruited Holyn, who's 11 levels higher.

She can use every sword minus Holy ones instantly, which is a plus. She also has the awesome Charisma and comes with a Prayer Sword. She can also heal. And she has one more movement than Aideen and Diadora. It doesn't matter much, though, because she can only use Live and Relive.

Not to mention her combat sucks.

3.75/10 because getting her to promote sucks.

4/10

Starts off pretty terrible but at the very least turns out excellent if she makes it to Master Knight.

Edit: fuck ok I just looked at master knight stats holy shit I was being stupid and thought MK had a bunch of B ranks

and I also rated off promoting like Ch 5 but Bal brings up an excellent point wrt that she can level and go elite fast

so bumping to 6.5/10

Edited by Dirk Strider

8/10 with the relive staff she has I can usually class's change her on her joining chapter and then she , siguard , levin , and lex carry me all the way to endgame . Mount after promotion , promotes to beat class in the game ridiculous promotional gains, staff spamming , and +1 because she's kinda cute. She would get a higher ranking of she just came with a mount and pursuit .

She may promote to Master Knight, the best class in the game, but she joins at a very low level and it's gonna take awhile promoting her unless you're wasting turns by staff spamming to gain EXP.

After promotion, she will have high stats and the Pursuit skill, she can also use all the weapons including magic tomes (except Dark).

5.5/10

Lachelis is like the best target of the Elite Ring, before you sell it off to Sigurd before 5th gen. I believe Lachelis CAN tank the Cross Knights, although I could be a fucking moron and wrong about this. At the very least, she can get a lot of EXP with Elite + Warp/Return, because fuck if Aideen needs them by the time Lachelis can use them.

I like Lachesis. Only think I'll really rank her down for is a show start. Anywho I find charisma very useful. Since she can use staffs I don't see any reason to not get her to lv 30. Her combat before class change could improve but it's not the worst. Prayer sword helps too. Not to mention turns into a master knight. I like her and the Fin pairing too.

7.5/10

I like Lachesis. Only think I'll really rank her down for is a show start. Anywho I find charisma very useful. Since she can use staffs I don't see any reason to not get her to lv 30. Her combat before class change could improve but it's not the worst. Prayer sword helps too. Not to mention turns into a master knight. I like her and the Fin pairing too.

7.5/10

Seconding this. Her start is rough (especially if you're trying to keep her effing bodyguard knights alive), but her promotion is so awesome that it's worth it to raise her.

Also: badass princess, hell yeah. She's my favorite character in the whole series.

6.5 + 1 bias point = 7.5

I usually treat her as non-available during Ch2 and Ch3, and just raise her like I'd raise Aideen and Deirdre: through staffspamming at a castle. Then in Ch4 she promotes (earlier really isn't reasonable) and she can save turns with mounted Rescue utility, or just smash faces in.

8/10

A slow start but once she gets going, and promoted by about chapter 4, she's pretty potent. Sigurd won't be able to take advantage of Charisma, but anyone following her around will. The Prayer Sword helps her through the arena and staff spamming isn't too bad. However, by the time it's chapter 4, the game's pretty much become a Sigurd solo.

5.5/10

shitty slow start

no rescue staff to perpetrate leaf-esque shenanigans

making master knight a luxury at best and really her stats have a hard time making up for it

so once she promotes, she's a charisma-bot who happens to be a little more flexible than other horsies

still better than fucking holyn so she's getting a 5.5/10 out of pure fucking spite.

9/10. I'm biased towards Lachesis, you have to understand this. Even without bias though, I believe it is easy to rate her an 8/10.

She basically doesn't exist in Ch2, because if she does, it's more trouble keeping the Nodion 3 alive for a free Knight Ring. Still, just on heals and Arena alone she can easily reach level 9. (It may take a small bit of Prayer Sword finagling on a fight or two, but she has all the time in the chapter to do so.) Said Knight Ring also means she has absolutely no trouble affording the Elite Ring at any point in Ch3, and is one of the best recipients for it. Depending on how long you give it to her, she'll probably come out anywhere between levels 20-25, depending.

Lachesis is simply the easiest way of dealing with Eltoshan, and removing his authority stars make the rest of the Cross Knights a piece of cake. The fact that she gets the Earth Sword is only icing on the cake there, as far as I'm concerned. With proper set-up it shouldn't be difficult at all to make it happen, at worst requiring a dance from Sylvia.

Master Knight opens a lot of options for Lachesis, and whether or not Aideen contributes a rescue staff makes things much more situational than rating her son-in-law, since we can't always assuming Dew rescue in Ch4, or non-leg dancer rescue in Ch5. Still even without that, just slapping an extra Bow, unused Magic Tome, that Silver Axe Lex probably doesn't care about because he's swinging something more heroic... or just about anything else, gives her incredible versatility. Ch4 Bow use I found in particular to be valuable, especially considering she isn't locked to it like Midayle, but she can still deal with Pegs amazingly well, and unlike Jamka/Briggid has a pony.

She takes over the invaluable Return (or Warp) duties for Ethlin, probably sharing the responsibilty with Fury, but hey, mounted warps are always very nice, especially if you slap their user with a Return Ring. (This is somewhat mitigated by the fact that the scripted Silesia massacre takes forever, and Return Ring Sigurd doesn't really affect the turn count.)

She's responsible for Nanna and Delmud existing over Tristan and Janne. Nanna is strictly better due to having at least Charisma over Janne's nothing. Since usually not having Critical means using "strictly better" doesn't work, we'll just say that Delmud's other advantages over Tristan are pretty overwhelming.

And speaking of... Charisma! Great skill, and only gets greater the more of it you have.

tl;dr, unlike Azel's slow start, she is completely redeemable, not least of which is 6 move unpromoted, staffs making painless pony-leveling, and much more impressive ending class.

7/10

Very slow start and low movement to begin with. But she does make that fight with Elto much easier and less risky for your party. Her promotion makes her pretty good and removes the problems she had to start with. Just have to give her the elite ring so she can promote ASAP. Plus she can get a knight ring and the earth sword. Plus she is a charisma bot (who doesn't like a charisma bot on a horsie?)

Edited by Bee

Promotes awesome. Is basically a less useful Aideen before that. Still, that's gotta at least be as good as the cavs, right?. 6/10, though I feel I may be overly generous here.

I did not expect to see scores this high. Even in a game with unlimited deployment I refuse to give Lachesis a free pass for her completely awful start. I certainly haven't done the same for anyone else. She requires nothing short of intense babying to in order to ever promote, and it is only by promotion that she ends up contributing anything to the team. The staff spam that she uses to gain levels will need to be done for its own sake rather than for the benefit of the team. For that time she will be nothing but a drain on resources. Far more meaningful than the money used to repair her staffs is the time I'm spent making her do things that are a total waste of button presses.

I may have enough time to come to a Fire Emblem forum to rate the usefulness of individual characters, but I do not have enough time to baby those characters to kingdom come, no matter the results. In a best case scenario Lachesis is extremely bad for half of her existence, and that's really all I need to know. She is saved from a lower score only by C rank staff use.

Duff, I'll offer as evidence the videos of my most recent Ch2 and Ch3 playthroughs to show that while she's staff-spamming, she's actually being an active credit to the team. It make take me a little bit longer, as I was hoping to have Gen1 finished by the time I made an actual topic for the run, but I'm getting close.

Well, not so terribly much useful in Ch2, but she was invaluable in keeping the team alive in Ch3, with usually 2 heals a turn, thanks to getting danced frequently. Aideen was busy with other tasks for the most part, and Ethlin can't do everything by herself, especially if she's following Dew to the NW to save Briggid et. al. and Return them.

What's Aideen busy doing, braiding her hair? I may yet check out those videos of yours once I have the option tonight, but I've had my own runs through FE4 gen 1 and the results are not flattering for either Aideen or Lachesis. Lachesis does have 6 move which is cool (only in relative terms because Aideen's 5 move is so outrageously bad), but she's still a third string healer at best. Healing at the end of a large battle (or even in the middle of one) is a task potentially shared by many; half of whom do it longer and all of whom do it better, at least until promotion.

Lachesis is of course a machine once promoted, but getting her there requires too much effort and I have so many other people who are great at killing things that I don't even see the point. Not even healing on a horse justifies it. I see Lachesis as a lesson that promo gains alone are not enough to save a character where nearly everything else is designed to work against her.

I give the little slut a 5/10.

She does have Charisma which is nothing but a good thing but she has a terrible start. I agree with people saying she pretty much has dibs on the Elite Ring. Whenever I do play FE4, I just feel like I'm focusing so much attention just to get her to promote. She does spawn two other Charismabots and her promotion just sends her up there almost with Sigurd, Lex and Cuan but getting there is the issue.Which is why I believe she deserves a 5/10.

A slow start but once she gets going, and promoted by about chapter 4, she's pretty potent. Sigurd won't be able to take advantage of Charisma, but anyone following her around will. The Prayer Sword helps her through the arena and staff spamming isn't too bad. However, by the time it's chapter 4, the game's pretty much become a Sigurd solo.

5.5/10

This is the wrong topic but holy crap it's mod!Bal and Shin has the same member badge as me! Curse you Shin!

Anyway, Lacehesis is pretty cool, bad start, but (may or may not) nab you the knight ring and earth sword, along with a potential master knight in the future. And we all know how good Leaf is.

Charisma is cool too.

7/10