[FE4] Rate the Unit XVIII

Caliban of Sycorax

Rules (Borrowed from whomever made them first with modifications)

- Ratings to be assumed from when a unit is first available.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted (unless they fall into the general parameters of the average rating, but reasoning is still strongly encouraged on those even if you just wanna quote people) — incredibly low scores or high scores without proper justification will not be counted. Don't put in some random text thinking it'd count as justification. Put in at least a little thought and give REAL reasoning.

- Numbers for votes, please - not something like "Sigurd/10", etc.

- Personality / Appearance may be taken into account, but only +/- 1 point at the most.

- Votes out of 10, or something proportional to it, please!

- Make votes easily visible, please and thank you!

- Every ranking phase will end on the next day at approximately 10:00 PM (or 22:00), EST.

Units and Ranking (Least to Greatest)

Diadora: 1.19

Ardan: 1.39

Azel: 4.63

Jamka: 5.25

Midir: 5.47

Dew: 5.68

Holyn: 5.90

Lachesis: 6.13

Noish: 6.15

Alec: 6.17

Aideen: 6.57

Ayra: 6.79

Fin (First Generation): 7.88

Cuan: 8.41

Lex: 8.83

Ethlin: 9.15

Sigurd: 9.96

DAY 18: LEVIN

___

Levin is a god among men. Not just because he's the wind god reincarnate. He truly is indestructable. He has Continue and Critical, and a really awesome Speed and Magic growth. He starts weak but it doesn't do much to hurt him because he has the Anphony bandits to solo, and then he can proceed to obliterate Fury's Squad while he sits atop Evans to recruit her.

Levin is the best foot unit in the game because he has innate 1-2 Range, and promotes to use most staves, barring Rescue, Reserve, and Valkyrie. He also has the greatest trick up his sleeve: Holsety. While he only has it for a chapter and a half, he still dominates. With Holsety, his Continue and Critical rates skyrocket, and his Avoid also increases. Not to mention the Sage's 30 Speed cap, which he will always hit, so Levin is running around with 50 Speed in Chapter 5, which is certainly doable.

He's also the best father for Sety, Corple, and Arthur. He makes Arthur and Corple broken, and makes Sety even more broken.

So 8.5/10, plus one point of bias because he recruits Fury, so 9.5/10 for me for Levin.

He's just that good.

Definitely the best foot unit of the first half of the game, being capable of one-rounding out of the box, and eventually slaughtering entire armies without fear. He's the best husband for three of the women, and is a really fun father for the others. Only available for half the generation though, and he IS on foot. Still, 1-2 range and Holsety are awesome. Besides, I have never LTC anyway.

8.5/10 because even if not LTC, it is annoying to wait for foot people.

Edited by bobflac

The best thing Holsety does is give Levin durability that Ayra, Holyn, Azel and so on will never be allowed to have. Reliable dodge is a rare thing to possess in a one RN environment and Levin is all the better for having it.

Of course, it's a long time before everyone's favorite wind mage absorbs the spirit of a deity and until that time he's thoroughly mediocre just like Ayra and Holyn (Azel, of course, is outright garbage). He manages to be better than all of them even lacking pursuit, which I guess counts for something, but he ultimately has trouble getting kills and is thus outclassed by a variety of people who have worthwhile move scores.

Short of dancing four people at once or magically eliminating my monthly bills, I cannot give a foot unit a score higher than this. If he had a horse I'd have probably given him a 9 or 9.5.

EDIT: And I very much approve trading Nephenee for Makalov!

Edited by Duff Ostrich

He can hold his own with and without Holsety. I agree he makes a good father. I like how they made his character too. Not to mention he can use staffs which is big for me. I guess only thing I don't like is foot unit, which isn't that bad.

8.5/10

Let's be honest, he only has Holsety for a really really short time. The tail end of Ch4, and then for Ch5, the shortest non-Prologue chapter. And he also isn't mounted. I like Levin but he honestly isn't that great.

6.5/10 and I think I'm being generous

7/10.

Levin boasts excellent combat skills, but wishes he had pursuit and a pony. Even without those two p's he manages to hold his own in both the arena, and whatever action foot-units get to see. Post-promotion, you can easily give him Libro, as Aideen has probably level-capped, and the additional move he has on her means it will stay relevant to the party longer.

Levin pretty much single-handedly is responsible for saving Bargain from being reduced to dust, which is actually a pretty big contribution to the team. Aside from that and passing down Holsety, though, there's not a whole lot he can provide uniquely.

He's pretty competent at killing Cross Knights, which makes me happy.

Then there's that shit with Bargain and Fury (:wub:) and Holsety and ...yeah.

But he's still a footsie.

8/10

He's a holy weapon user, eventually. Except before that he's a slightly above-average fighter with no Pursuit and no horse, so there's no way he deserves more than a 7.5.

I'll go with 7/10 because Holsety does exist eventually and is kind of handy in Chapter 5. But like seriously, better than Fin and Cuan? No way, even if he is King Dodge in Chapter 5.

No horse but good availability, great stats and Holsety. His skills fit nicely together and you hardly notice the lack of Pursuit. His kids are always good, although Faval, Lester and Delmud wouldn't be too happy, they'd like a little strength.

He might not get to the enemies as quick as the others, but there's not much that can take an Elwind Critical.

8/10

Ah, Levin.

Even he and Tiltyu couldn't win me in SFDTT. What utter garbage. 0/10

He's got above-average offense until he gets his book, and by then it's like all over anyway. He is a foot unit, but a helluva good one, especially in those chapters when one needs to backtrack.

7.5/10