Rate the Unit, Day 29: Rennac

Dat Rules

- Ratings are assumed to be on Difficult Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted (unless they fall into the general parameters of the average rating, but reasoning is still strongly encouraged on those even if you just wanna quote people) — incredibly low scores or high scores without proper justification will not be counted. Don't put in some random text thinking it'd count as justification. Put in at least a little thought and give REAL reasoning.

- Numbers for votes, please - not something like "Marcus/10", etc. Proper justification will be determined by me and whoever decides to help, whether it be Integrity and Integrity again or sometegrity else.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is okay, but no more.

- Votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Makes it easy to calculate, please and thank you~!

- Every ranking phase ends whenever I get out of bed, between 0700 and 0800 EST. Do the math for your timezone, Brits.

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- Ratings for characters should always assume the gameplay route YOU judge them best on. If I see "doesn't exist on ephraim" ANYWHERE in your rating for Innes I will be very cross and will probably throw out your vote out of spite.

Average Ratings

Amelia: 1.65

Ewan: 1.74

Marisa: 2.05

Neimi: 2.24

Gilliam: 3.27

Dozla: 4.28

L'Arachel: 4.31

Ross: 4.33

Lute: 4.80

Joshua: 6.02

Innes: 6.20

Natasha: 6.27

Colm: 6.32

Garcia: 6.88

Kyle: 6.89

Moulder: 6.89

Artur: 6.92

Forde: 7.04

Tana: 7.33

Eirika: 7.34

Saleh: 8.04

Ephraim: 8.13

Vanessa: 8.16

Cormag: 8.22

Gerik: 8.29

Tethys: 8.30

Franz: 9.32

Seth: 9.91

come the fuck on people

cormag > vanessa?

you're all terrible and deserve to be shot

Is your second rogue in the game.

Thieving utility is nice; and I'd take that Member Card as well!

Problem is that he costs money or you'll need to bring L'Arachel around if you don't like paying him that gold.

Chest keys exist and can be bought pretty early on in the game, making Rennac's only real utility the desert chapter and a few things here and there that can be stolen, and we have another unit that can already do the same job.

His combat sucks and he has no other redeeming qualities, so...

2.5/10

As long as you don't pay him to join, you're getting a pretty good deal. Free door and Chest opening, without having to use the Ocean Seal on Colm. Which allows you to either have Ross promoted, money from selling the Seal and most of your lockpicks sold off. His stats aren't that great, apart from a pretty good resistance(11 with 0.3 growth) stat.

5.5/10

Would have been preferable earlier, as a Rogue he has great utility and comes pre-promoted (plus can be recruited free by L'Arachel) The problem of course is there's not much of a game LEFT after you get him.

3/10, would be higher but he comes to late to be of any real use no matter the route. Especially since he doesn't have being a combatant to fall back on.

Not all that useful due to buyable keys but he does get partial credit for two-very important items

though I can't give him full credit since if colm is trained or something he can do it too just Rennac comes for free (L'Arachel'd that is) prepromoted so whee

Swiftsoles and Warp are pretty good at reducing turncount and he can nab those.

3/10. Would be a bit higher if he's the only one who can get those items at 100% accuracy but since he isn't, nah

Edited by Luminescent Blade

Colm is better off as an assassin so Rennac is your stealer. Great utility and of he does get into trouble, he can dodge well. Love his personality and supports with L'Arachel and Dozla. So including bias I'll give him 7/10

Also, Cormag > Vanessa is fact. :)

Edited by Ranger Jack Walker

Ross is clearly a more deserving candidate than colm for the ocean seal. And if I do use it on colm it would be to make him more combat-oriented (assassin). Rennac comes in handy for his ability to pick locks without keys or lockpicks, but that's the extent of his usefulness. Because I hate chest keys and think they are a waste of space, 4/10.

Colm is better off as an assassin so Rennac is your stealer. Great utility and of he does get into trouble, he can dodge well.

I seriously can't agree with this. I just can't.

Edited by Metal King Slime

Good for you. I should care because?

Because your argument was fallacy ridden. Rennac's low Luck hinders his dodge, for one, and Colm's Skill isn't good enough for him to be effective as an Assassin.

Because your argument was fallacy ridden. Rennac's low Luck hinders his dodge, for one, and Colm's Skill isn't good enough for him to be effective as an Assassin.

it's kind of tempting to quote this and replace the text with a Spergin' emote, but I don't think I'll do that for now.

Anyway, 3/10. I guess he could be useful for fetching stuff in the desert and getting stuff from... the relatively few chests left in the game, but besides that he doesn't shine as much.

An average Thief in a game that doesn't really need Thieves very often, and he has worse availability than Colm. You can swap them out I guess to skip promoting Colm. And he brings some stuff. 3/10.

Then how about you mention that the first time you replied instead of just saying :I don;t agree with that."

As for me, I don't think Rouge is that good of a class and I don't think its worth making Colm one when you can make him combat worthy instead. I'll take the prepromoted Rouge for free. Even if Rennac came earlier as a thief and I had an Oceal Seal handy, I wouldn't make him a Rouge since its not worth a promotion item