[FE4] Rate the Unit XXII

Rules (Borrowed from whomever made them first with modifications)

- Ratings to be assumed from when a unit is first available.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted (unless they fall into the general parameters of the average rating, but reasoning is still strongly encouraged on those even if you just wanna quote people) — incredibly low scores or high scores without proper justification will not be counted. Don't put in some random text thinking it'd count as justification. Put in at least a little thought and give REAL reasoning.

- Numbers for votes, please - not something like "Sigurd/10", etc.

- Personality / Appearance may be taken into account, but only +/- 1 point at the most.

- Votes out of 10, or something proportional to it, please!

- Make votes easily visible, please and thank you!

- Every ranking phase will end on the next day at approximately 10:00 PM (or 22:00), EST.

Units and Ranking (Least to Greatest)

Diadora: 1.19

Ardan: 1.39

Azel: 4.63

Jamka: 5.25

Midir: 5.47

Dew: 5.68

Holyn: 5.90

Lachesis: 6.13

Noish: 6.15

Alec: 6.17

Beowulf: 6.40

Aideen: 6.57

Ayra: 6.79

Levin: 7.87

Fin (First Generation): 7.88

Fury: 8.25

Cuan: 8.41

Lex: 8.83

Ethlin: 9.15

Sylvia: 9.50

Sigurd: 9.96

DAY 22: BRIGGID

____

First generation's almost over! Yay!

Briggid is the last Holy Weapon user you get in Gen 1 (lolvalkyriestaff), and she's the second person to get a Holy Weapon, assuming Cuan and Ethlin are parked right next to each other as soon as Silvail's captured.

She uses Ichival, which gives her some pretty awesome attack power. Briggid has some high Strength plus having a Holy Weapon is awesomesauce.

Of course, therein lies the problem. Ichival sucks, and has 2 range. Also, you have to use one of your lowest move units to get it to her.

Then there's Briggid's join situation. Locked to 2-range and easily surrounded.

Her kids are decent, especially if she sleeps with Holyn, Midir, or Jamka. Pairing her is a pain, though, but I prefer Patty and Faval over Daisy and Assholio any day.

Also, no horse.

4/10

I like Briggid. I really do.

But she's just not that great. Her kids are pretty mediocre (for second gen standards, that is), and she isn't amazing herself. Passes no skills on to her kids either. However, she is good in chapter 4 due to Pegasus Knights existing, and is tough enough to tangle with Reptor if need be with the Ichival, which again, isn't that great for a holy weapon. She's good statistically, but that doesn't always take the cake. No horse or 1 range hurts.

2+1 bias = 3/10

Amongst my favorite in the series.

That's not to say Briggid is good, though. She really isn't. Her player phase is effectively "choose 1 unit in range to kill", yeah. But 6 move really doesn't impress, she doesn't have a horse, her EP doesn't happen ever, and getting Ichival can cost turns.

That being said, I'm still throwing in a bias point. So 4/10 from me.

Edited by Dirk Strider

3/10

Ichval maybe the best bow in FE IMO, but it sucks when compared to the other holies. She is an archer which really harms her because of the locked two range. Her stats are nothing impressive, just very high strength. No horse and getting the Ichval also means increased turn count.

Great player phase combat, with almost no chance to use it. Brigid's cool, but her two chapters aren't exactly kind to low move units, so she'll get to fight 2 or 3 fights in each chapter(at least the way I try to use her). Maybe a bit more if you go slowly. :( 2/10

I hate getting Aideen to talk to her takes so damn long aaahh

But otherwise, yeah what other people said. Decent (and pretty damn good with Ichival) offense and all but rangelock, only 2 chapters left of possible contributions, and no horse.

At least no issues clearing arenas either.

4/10.

Honestly I enjoy her as a unit. Sure she's bow locked but whocares. Only kid who might need help is Patty but whatever. I see no problem with her.

6/10

Fun fact: my first run of FE4 I didn't get Ichival. My game froze and when I reloaded I thought I had it and went to the next chapter. Spoiler: I didn't. Didn't get Holsety either. I didn't know about it.

Edited by Guy Starwind

So, she's like Jamka but two chapters later. That... is actually quite bad. So far I've been reasonably nice to the has-good-offense-and-nothing-else type units, but Briggid comes significantly later than all of them and brings nothing new to make up for it.

The scores are only going to get worse from here.

Her joining situation does not deserve a penalty or anything, but she just isn't good. A perfect example of why stats don't mean everything.

3/10

Great stats and Ichieval is the best bow ever, but being on foot, coming relatively late and being bow locked don't do her many favours. Faval and Patty are useful enough, but getting Ichieval and Faval can be a pain.

4/10, you've gotta love her paranoid lover convo's!

I hate getting Aideen to talk to her takes so damn long aaahh

I would probably just quote this and give her a 0 but I won't because I'm yes.

Fortunately Mekkah did the rest of the work for me.

Her joining situation does not deserve a penalty or anything, but she just isn't good. A perfect example of why stats don't mean everything.

I'm going to exercise some nega-bias and leave her score at a 2.5/10.

Assuming there's one in range, she kills one person per Player Phase...

...And that's it, in most circumstances. There are a few times where Enemy Phases will prove idiotic and she'll get another kill, but overall she's just a walking single kill dispenser, emphasis on "walking," because she lacks a horse. She'll murder an enemy if there's an enemy to murder, but that does somewhat assume Sigurd and his Horse Friends have left any. Dedicating your holy weapon to mop-up work's not exactly glamorous.

Her join time is awful and her availability is not grand; sure, she's gonna murder those pegs in Chapter 4, but so are Midir and Jamka, it's not exactly hard if you've got a good bow (and Killer and Hero, while not Ichival, are plenty good enough). But meanwhile Jamka's been around longer and Midir has a horse.

She's a pain in the ass to pair, but in her defense she sets Faval up just fine with a Steel Bow and Ichival; it's all he really needs, other than stats from his dad. It's the dad factor that's the problem. Most dads you'd want will be ones that salvage Patty, who is godawful without some major dad-derived skills since Briggid helpfully passes down fuck and all. But you also want the dad to give Faval decent growths. Pursuit's wasted on Faval since he'll already have it, and Patty will get it, but you have to consider her early game and etc. etc. etc., it's a mess. Overall, Holyn is probably the best choice, and he's a foot unit too so it's not like he has anything better to do. And if you want to pair her with Fin, good luck, but I won't hold this against her because honestly who does that?

So... 4.5/10? Comes too late, offense is overkill, not as useful as statistically weaker bow users, and nowhere near as useful as people not locked to bows.

It's hard to rate Briggid, because she can vary so much depending on how you rate her.

In strict LTC for the full game, she's not too amazing and has to be glued to someone (or sit next to Fin for a few turns) in order to produce any kids at all, however, as a unit in Gen 1, she's pretty pro. She has awesome stats, and the Ichival, and comes just in time to slaughter pegs.

4/10

Faval doesn't need Pursuit and Patty gets it upon promotion. Beowulf would rather have Lachesis' lady parts instead of Briggid's.

Well, that and Patty trades 35% SKL and 25% HP growth for Pursuit before promotion and Charge. I don't think she really wants Charge but there's something to be said for Pursuit at least. It just seems like kind of a waste, overall.

But a lot of Briggid pairings are underwhelming for Patty because Briggid gives her almost nothing.

First, Patty actually has to get to promotion. And Holyn!Patty is pretty terrible before promotion, even with the Hero!Sword. She is not guaranteed to activate Luna and her durability sucks balls along with having foot movement. This combined makes raising Holyn!Patty a chore. The best strategy for Patty in terms of defense is to use a magic sword with a magic ring so she can do ranged stealing and provide some damage but since Holyn!Patty doesn't double, she needs something severely weakened for her to kill it with a magic sword or she's just a bad chipper. Beowulf!Patty on the other hand does allow Patty to double and it makes setting up kills with her a lot easier. Charge can give her a chance for a ORKO in some cases, so the magic sword strategy works better. And Charge is still a nice skill even after promotion when she's become a pretty decent combat unit.

Beowulf as the father also provides Faval with Charge, while if Holyn's the father, Faval inherits no skill. He does get nice skill and HP but neither are that big a deal.

Honestly, Lex is probably the best husband to Briggd.

Edited by Dark Sage