[FE4] Rate the Unit XXVII

Rules (Borrowed from whomever made them first with modifications)

- Ratings to be assumed from when a unit is first available.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted (unless they fall into the general parameters of the average rating, but reasoning is still strongly encouraged on those even if you just wanna quote people) — incredibly low scores or high scores without proper justification will not be counted. Don't put in some random text thinking it'd count as justification. Put in at least a little thought and give REAL reasoning.

- Numbers for votes, please - not something like "Sigurd/10", etc.

- Personality / Appearance may be taken into account, but only +/- 1 point at the most.

- Votes out of 10, or something proportional to it, please!

- Make votes easily visible, please and thank you!

- Every ranking phase will end on the next day at approximately 10:00 PM (or 22:00), EST.

-Second Generation Note: Assume that Substitutes are done on a Subs-only run. Any "not ________" will not be accepted.

Units and Ranking (Least to Greatest):

First Generation

Diadora: 1.19

Ardan: 1.39

Tiltyu: 2.00

Briggid: 3.71

Claude: 4.42

Azel: 4.63

Jamka: 5.25

Midir: 5.47

Dew: 5.68

Holyn: 5.90

Lachesis: 6.13

Noish: 6.15

Alec: 6.17

Beowulf: 6.40

Aideen: 6.57

Ayra: 6.79

Levin: 7.87

Fin (First Generation): 7.88

Fury: 8.25

Cuan: 8.41

Lex: 8.83

Ethlin: 9.15

Sylvia: 9.50

Sigurd: 9.96

Second Generation

Skasaher: 6.00

Celice: 9.54

DAY 27: RODDLEVAN

___

Skasaher's substitute. It's tough to rate him without saying "he's not Skasaher" but I'll do my best.

He does have an extra skill besides just Pursuit, and that's Ambush. Good when he's getting hurt, which... is fairly frequently in the beginning.

He is also still pretty invaluable at the beginning because he does double enemies. He just can't ORKO them immediately. That takes time.

He also promotes to Forrest, which is a good sword class.

No horse hurts him, though. He's decent, at best.

4.75/10

Edited by Octavian

ah, Roddelbad

Yeah, he's pretty bad, I'm not gonna lie. He has the same problems Skasaha had, low movement, low resistance. Ambush is pretty worthless on him, as he generally doesn't get any ORKO'ing power, unless you throw resources on him that are better used by others, like the Hero Sword.

1.5/10, for his chapter 6 contribution. He's probably OHKO'd by the chapter 7 dark mages, and like the OdoTwins, he's left behind from chapter 8 on.

In subs-only Rod probably contributes slightly more to doing little side objectives than Skasaher does to non-subs. He has A rank swords from the get-go, pursuit, etc. when those abilities are much rarer. But it still doesn't amount to much total work and I don't get the satisfaction of blowing up the arenas with an iron sword like the real swordkids. So I'll give him the same rank as what I gave Skas, 4/10

5/10. He's a strictly average substitute, but in a subs-only run you do appreciate somebody with Pursuit and more than one skill. Not great, but acceptably competent, assuming a subs run.

Of course he's no comparison to all but the worst versions of the unit he replaces, but I won't hold that against him.

roddlevan is just fucking awful

I used him successfully once (in contrast, I failed to use him successfully twice) and he was still remarkably underwhelming. I mean, he's there from the onset which gives him like a point but Jesus he's bad. I hate to do character comparisons but he loses to his sister in every growth except Skill (and hp but who gives a dick). Seriously, man?

There's a reason my favorite nickname for him is Roddelbad the Bad.

2.5/10

EDIT: Fun fact, I've actually used Roddelbad more than I've used Slatesaber.

Edited by Integrity

Skasaha without any speed. I don't really like him that much, he isn't great at doubling and Ambush only really works when you can kill people. Still, he's usable with pursuit and A rank swords, but by no means good.

3.5/10

In subs-only Rod probably contributes slightly more to doing little side objectives than Skasaher does to non-subs. He has A rank swords from the get-go, pursuit, etc. when those abilities are much rarer. But it still doesn't amount to much total work and I don't get the satisfaction of blowing up the arenas with an iron sword like the real swordkids. So I'll give him the same rank as what I gave Skas, 4/10

I think this explanation actually sums up most of my thoughts on the matter well. Depending on how I feel about him after I finish my current run, maybe I'll change my mind, but this definitely works for me on paper.