Rate the Unit, Day 15: Rutger

Dat Rules

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends whenever I get out of bed, between 0700 and 0800 EST. Do the math for your timezone, Brits.

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- Ratings for characters should always assume the gameplay route YOU judge them best on. If I see "doesn't exist in sacae" ANYWHERE in your rating for Juno I will be very cross and will probably throw out your vote out of spite.

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

AVERAGES

Bors: 1.14

Wolt: 2.16

Ward: 2.61

Merlinus: 3.53

Roy: 3.54

Lot: 5.40

Ellen: 5.73

Lugh: 5.98

Chad: 6.42

Clarine: 7.78

Dieck: 7.94

Thany: 8.01

Alan: 8.52

Lance: 8.59

Marcus: 8.77

okay two things:

First up, a reminder to some of you (emelina) who may not have been around for the last time this happened. If you change your vote after you cast it, edit your voting post to reflect it. I don't keep track of scores while they're posted, I get them all down when I say "tallying". So if one post has a 9/10 and then half a page down the thread you say "oh change my vote to 7.5/10" I have to think "wait which the fuck was her vote" and go dig through what I already did.

Second up, despite the wonderful suggestion of Lumi B I'm not going to hard ban Crash from these threads - with one exception: Cecilia. So, yay.

anyway have at rutger he's kinda boring but he's useful at least

EDIT: oh, incidentally, had I counted crash's vote clarine's average would have dropped to an amazing 4.67. that's five points!

EDIT2: no, screw it, I'm leaving that there because it shows how amazing my math prowess is when I wake up

Edited by Integrity

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very good boss killer. His str growth is a bit iffy at 30%, but his base is good enough, and he's absurdly fast, with a 15 base and 50% growth. Upon promotion, he gets +30 crit, which is a lot, especially when combined with a Clarine support, which means that he can have upwards of 55 crit without any crit-boosting weapons at 20/1, which is good since bosses are dicks in this game. The only real issues he has are 6 movement in a game with rather large maps, and a lack of 1-2 range, but you need this guy to tackle asshole bosses like Henning anyway, so yeah.

EDIT: Changed his score to 10/10.

Edited by Mercenary James

Rutger is easily one of the most broken characters in this game. In other FEs, swordlock is a burden, but Rutger's good accuracy and +30% crit when he promotes are both godsends. Rutger is well-known for being one of the only units who can reliably take on bosses, and he's doing this for pretty much the entire game. If anyone deserves the top score, its him or Miledy, not some old fart who starts falling behind in chapter 7.

10/10

Edited by OrangeCrush

Quite an Awesome Myrmidon. He is a good boss killer because of his avoid, Can get some needed Kills with the Killing Edge and he becomes broken once he is a swordsmaster. On top of all that, he gets HM Bonuses!

I give this guy a 9.75/10

Rutger McMurderface

He's so broken; if he gets all the supports he'll need; he can reach 100 CRIT!

Also; with a non-KE weapon; he reaches up to 60 to 80+ CRIT; thanks to the ridiculous +30 crit bonus of the SM class; of course... before he can get there; he starts off kinda fragile since he's a myrm and you'll need him to crit for good combat.

So; he starts off with humble beginnings but ends up ridiculous!

Plus he gets HM bonuses! Go figure!

Edited by Frostbite

Rutger, one of the more reliable units throughout the game.

Easily deserving of a high score, despite sword lock and no mount. Boss killer for basically most chapters from when he's recruited.

With his 30% Str growth however, it is not that uncommon to watch his strength not rise for many levels, resulting in RNG screwage, making him less formidable in later chapters. And that Luck base and growth. He does sometimes fall suspect to criticals, which is bad.

90%.

Edited by Raven

Amainzg boss killer, super HM bonuses so hooray, and promotes to a super duper amazing class. Hand him a KE and you're set.

10outof10.png from me.

Rutger is so good that not having a horse doesn't even hurt him.

Because FE6 bosses suck dick and Rutger makes them suck significantly less dick with his super critical powers and the ability to, you know, actually hit those fuckers.

30%str hurts, but he has a fucking base of NINE (most of the time). You know who else has a base of NINE? MARCUS. This is a man who can be used for a good portion of the game without any growths, so having them at all just makes him BETTER.

He's got low luck, but he has no competition for the goddess icons because he makes the best use of them. So unless you're selling them for MORE BOOTS they're his. And you can still tack on a Clarine (and a Dieck if you are willing to slow down a bit) for CEv supports. And enemies can't crit Rutger when they're DEAD.

And his durability isn't even shit. It's not holyfuckamazing tank, but he's got pretty high HP and okayish defense and he's not dying in two hits like some other people.

And his availability starts in CHAPTER FUCKING FOUR.

So 10/10 (+bias because he's a sexy motherfucker but that doesn't fit unless you want to count this 11/10)

Because fuck yeah.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

Because FE6 bosses suck dick and Rutger makes them suck significantly less dick with his super critical powers and the ability to, you know, actually hit those fuckers.

30%str hurts, but he has a fucking base of NINE (most of the time). You know who else has a base of NINE? MARCUS. This is a man who can be used for a good portion of the game without any growths, so having them at all just makes him BETTER.

He's got low luck, but he has no competition for the goddess icons because he makes the best use of them. So unless you're selling them for MORE BOOTS they're his. And you can still tack on a Clarine (and a Dieck if you are willing to slow down a bit) for CEv supports. And enemies can't crit Rutger when they're DEAD.

And his durability isn't even shit. It's not holyfuckamazing tank, but he's got pretty high HP and okayish defense and he's not dying in two hits like some other people.

So 10/10 (+bias because he's a sexy motherfucker but that doesn't fit unless you want to count this 11/10)

Because fuck yeah.

:awesome:

This is so awesome, I'll just use this as my rating as well.

this guy

this guy

He's pretty awesome. 30% critical bonus on a guy who can actually hit makes a lot of bosses that seem kind of difficult significantly less so. When someone is doing this well against bosses, what does that tell you about their offense against regular enemies? (hint: it's really good)

One thing Rutger doesn't have is a horse, so he'll likely have to get ferried to a lot of bosses, and he doesn't always get to fight a lot of people other than said bosses. 30% str growth might make things tougher for him later on, but 9 base is definitely not bad at all. Rutger has a job, and he does it very well.

9/10 actually no fuck that 10/10

Edited by Dirk Strider

Because fuck yeah.

Yeah Lumi pretty much got it, well except for the sexy part but hey that's personal preference. I would like to add that, not just from a gameplay experience that Rutgar is one of the few FE6 characters with genuinely interesting supports and character to be shown in them. So you can take that as my Bias point for him

Easily one of the best units in the game. Seeing as Marcus becomes unreliable by the time you get out of earlygame, he is pretty much essential to go against bosses and tough units giving you trouble. If his lack of a mount really bothers you, you can risk giving a deployment slot to a rescuebot you don't really use in combat, who can serve as his personal limousine. He also supports Clarine and Dieck, which helps.

10/10 (with +1 bias, I love Rutger)

Edited by Cosmic_Harold

Oh god Henning

I have no fucking clue how I even offed him in my girls only run where I don't have Rutger

Must've gotten RNG-lucky or something and took a bajillion turns more than necessary

all of my hate

Edited by Luminescent Blade