FE4 - Rate The Unit XXXIII

CT075

BAMF

Rules (Borrowed from whomever made them first with modifications)

- Ratings to be assumed from when a unit is first available.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted (unless they fall into the general parameters of the average rating, but reasoning is still strongly encouraged on those even if you just wanna quote people) — incredibly low scores or high scores without proper justification will not be counted. Don't put in some random text thinking it'd count as justification. Put in at least a little thought and give REAL reasoning.

- Numbers for votes, please - not something like "Sigurd/10", etc.

- Personality / Appearance may be taken into account, but only +/- 1 point at the most.

- Votes out of 10, or something proportional to it, please!

- Make votes easily visible, please and thank you!

- Every ranking phase will end on the next day at approximately 10:00 PM (or 22:00), EST.

-Second Generation Note: Assume that Substitutes are done on a Subs-only run. Any "not ________" will not be accepted.

Units and Ranking (Least to Greatest):

First Generation

Diadora: 1.19

Ardan: 1.39

Tiltyu: 2.00

Briggid: 3.71

Claude: 4.42

Azel: 4.63

Jamka: 5.25

Midir: 5.47

Dew: 5.68

Holyn: 5.90

Lachesis: 6.13

Noish: 6.15

Alec: 6.17

Beowulf: 6.40

Aideen: 6.57

Ayra: 6.79

Levin: 7.87

Fin (First Generation): 7.88

Fury: 8.25

Cuan: 8.41

Lex: 8.83

Ethlin: 9.15

Sylvia: 9.50

Sigurd: 9.96

Second Generation

Roddlevan: 3.33

Radney: 3.44

Mana: 4.98

Skasaher: 6.00

Lakche: 6.35

Lana: 8.24

Delmud: 8.45

Celice: 9.54

---

Day 33, Tristan

I like him, he's pretty boss with dat Hero Sword I guess. Celice uses it just as well but you do get two of them. And he has a horse. No pursuit hurts, though.

6/10

Edited by Camtech

Shockingly terrible in chapter 6. Iron sword, bad strength, no pursuit, no skill for critical.

You can make him usable by sacrificing the Gen 1 hero sword to him, which is far and away the best non-holy weapon in the game and which a few other units might want, and he becomes mediocre mounted filler. He's a candidate for the Pursuit Ring once Leaf is done with it, which is another thing that can make him relevant filler.

He is a horse with a hero sword taped to it

Which in FE4 is 5/10

Tristan is like an unpromoted Oifaye without pursuit and lances, and without the coolest stache ever.

He needs either a pursuit ring or a hero sword to be good, and for a sub, he's not too shabby, but I just don't like the guy.

4/10, with a negative bias point.

As others have said, very solid for a sub with the Pursuit Ring or Hero Sword. Sure its a lot to ask but unlike a lot of subs he won't suck ass. 5.5/10

Incredible HP, his other growths blow but the Forrest Knight caps are cool. He could really do with the Pursuit Ring and/or Hero Sword, because two chances of critical at up to 27% is nice. Critical is easily the best skill after Pursuit, which saves Tristan from being in the dust. If he had Ambush or Charge, he'd be pretty weenie.

5.5/10 - Usable, bonus .5 for being a jerk to Roddlebad.

you're the best cameron

I don't like Tristan at all, but he's still got a horse. On the other hand, fuck, seriously, I'd rather use Dimna for the chipping than this fool.

I'm going to give him a 4/10 because I really don't like him at all.

isn't the sole redeeming factor of this guy that he's on a horse and he can use swords?

oh wait that's two things guess Tristan's the shit

isn't the sole redeeming factor of this guy that he's on a horse and he can use swords?

oh wait that's two things guess Tristan's the shit

"Redeeming" is a strong word. We're talking about Tristan.

He's not terrible--on a horse makes him decent, Critical adds to that. No Pursuit when competition for the Ring is so high makes him lose a few points.

5.5/10

Also, thanks Cam~~

Edited by Octavian

I don't like Tristan at all, but he's still got a horse. On the other hand, fuck, seriously, I'd rather use Dimna for the chipping than this fool.

I'm already dreading Dimna Day. So much hate. :(

He is pretty good. Not steller, but easily one of the best subs in chapter 6, not saying much, but still.

He has decent bases, while he's not doing much, he makes good work with a hero sword and chances are you'll have a spare. His growths are bad, HP and Str are ok (30% is good for a sub sadly) but the rest are ****. Fortunately DAT CLASS! with those promotion bonuses compensate, granted, he's not amazing but he has enough going for him

5/10 +1 since he looks like he's going to choke a ***** = 6/10

He's bad because he has no Pursuit, that's pretty much the whole story. Like, he's worse than Noish was in gen 1, and Noish wasn't very good.

3/10

Edited by Mekkah